◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,417 comments
Great to be back on the track but frustrated with my mistakes. I think I hit green and phisher. Sorry guys. Will take a closer look tomorrow if I get a chance before the Monday Night fish game.

Just uploaded a video of what I was doing on Friday. Here's the link:

Awesome video, Chris! Can't wait to see a video of what you were doing in September! :sly:

Speaking of which, just one more reminder for everyone to before tonight's broadcast. :)

My apologies to everyone in D-3 for just "being in the way" last night. That "dragging brake" was a nemesis all night. It caused a major distraction and mistakes in every race ..... hope it didn't cause a problem for anyone behind me.

If anyone has a suggestion about fixing a G-27 so that the brake stays off when the pedal is NOT being touched - would be greatly appreciated. I recently installed the GTEye spring, but had no difficulties with it at all until a few nights ago.
Maybe blowing out the potentiometer or "packing" the brake spring sleeve for more tension ...... just guessing.

Not much "fun" last night - that's for sure.

My apologies to everyone in D-3 for just "being in the way" last night. That "dragging brake" was a nemesis all night. It caused a major distraction and mistakes in every race ..... hope it didn't cause a problem for anyone behind me.

If anyone has a suggestion about fixing a G-27 so that the brake stays off when the pedal is NOT being touched - would be greatly appreciated. I recently installed the GTEye spring, but had no difficulties with it at all until a few nights ago.
Maybe blowing out the potentiometer or "packing" the brake spring sleeve for more tension ...... just guessing.

Not much "fun" last night - that's for sure.

This stuff is the best I've tried. I have a can of CRC QD Electronic Cleaner that I nearly emptied trying to keep the potentiometer clean. The can of Deoxit is about half the size but I've only had to use about 10 sprays out of it.

Sorry for the no show last night -- life's been a bit fast for me lately, so it hasn't been in the cards. I haven't even had my wheel plugged in for weeks.

Can anyone sort out some torrents for GT Academy? I'd like to see it, but don't have Spike, nor do I know if it'll be readily available..

Here are the official results from our league night on November 10, 2013

Click here for detailed results and statistics

Division 1
  1. Adventuruss ------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 84 (76.67 for Prize B)
  2. dgafaboutany1420 -- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. hillracing -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. QwietStorm03 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. Xrad-11 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. kcheeb ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. dabneyd ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. nmcp1 ------------- did not submit a vote
  10. rmb_senna --------- did not submit a vote

Division 2
  1. GTP_Ph7shr -------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 82 (71.87 for Prize C)
  2. Oshawa-Joe -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. GCarneiroBR ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. Fastfox400 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. Drrgreenthumb67 --- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. Sandblazter ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. chatva ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. tcrash15 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. dragonwhisky ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  10. JJLopez_427 ------- voted to eliminate Round 2

Division 3
  1. Schmiggz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 85 (81.47 for Prize A)
  2. fereck ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. O10231994 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. SoundTiger95 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. cmbeal317 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. hooker4 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. Handlebar-Man ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. whatbadgerseat ---- voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. intoflatlines ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. racingchamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  11. ExoSphere64 ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  12. TEX-36 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  13. Skills_19657 ------ did not submit a vote

The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 3 - Nissan SKYLINE GT-R R33 TC (Racing Medium tires) at Grand Valley East / Reverse (10 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @Schmiggz wins Prize A, they get to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 2 - Chevrolet 2014 Corvette Stingray Final Prototype (Sports Soft tires) at Road Course - Daytona (6 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @Adventuruss gets Prize B, he gets to decide which part of the combo is replaced and what replaces it.

Prize C goes to @Ph1sher so they get any gift car ticket listed here (by posting their selection on this thread).

Last edited:
Sorry for the no show last night -- life's been a bit fast for me lately, so it hasn't been in the cards. I haven't even had my wheel plugged in for weeks.

Can anyone sort out some torrents for GT Academy? I'd like to see it, but don't have Spike, nor do I know if it'll be readily available..

Wasn't last year's show available on Youtube after it aired? I don't have cable and was hoping to catch it there.

What he said! Try that on the pots, and also, just check all the wires too, make sure they are all hunky dory. This happened to my first wheel. Somehow the brake signal return wire got pinched up and started grounding out and causing the brakes to be sightly depressed all the time. Since you pulled it all apart and put it all back together, it is possible the same thing is going on, it is easy for those little guys to get into the wrong place.

What he said! Try that on the pots, and also, just check all the wires too, make sure they are all hunky dory. This happened to my first wheel. Somehow the brake signal return wire got pinched up and started grounding out and causing the brakes to be sightly depressed all the time. Since you pulled it all apart and put it all back together, it is possible the same thing is going on, it is easy for those little guys to get into the wrong place.
Thanks, Rally - appreciate your input. Will get the recommended Deoxit spray and check all the wires/connections.

Are you supposed to get last place points if you get disconnected? If so I should have those for the first race last night.

Anyways on the off chance that someone lives near Erie PA is there anyone who would lives up here that has SPIKE? Still looking at options for where to watch the show tonight.

Been reading through the thread; I really like what I'm seeing here! I'd like to sign up, please.

Thanks for your interest!

We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information.

3. kcheeb PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. kcheeb will add you to the drivers list.

4. We send you a you a PSN friend request from the corresponding SNAIL_Division1, 2, or 3 account. That PSN account's lounge is where you will race on Sunday night.
5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

Please note that we often race DLC from three add-on packs:

Racing Car Pack
Course Pack
Twin Ring Motegi Pack

If you don't have these add-on packs, you will need to sit out the races in which they are used.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Are you supposed to get last place points if you get disconnected? If so I should have those for the first race last night.

You're right. That's my fault. I've updated the spreadsheet. Zer0 will need to update the post.

So I just recieved some sad news. I just tried to pre-order a copy of GT6 but it seems that the last day for pre-orders was the 7th. And I really wanted those pre-order bonuses. :guilty: Oh well, atleast Im still getting GT6 when it launches! :D

Wasn't last year's show available on Youtube after it aired? I don't have cable and was hoping to catch it there.
I know that on Verizon many of the shows are available for a week or two right after they air it depends on the show.

Wow so I thought I had a solution to the no SPIKE TV thing with the Uverse app but of course they don't allow you to watch SPIKE on the app. :banghead: Guess I'm going to start searching for a sports bar with it.

Wow so I thought I had a solution to the no SPIKE TV thing with the Uverse app but of course they don't allow you to watch SPIKE on the app. :banghead: Guess I'm going to start searching for a sports bar with it.

Tell them " I am one of the guys, man!"

Call ahead? Too bad nobody could privately Twitch feed that and send you a one-person invite to see it... (I can't but that would be very kind of someone to do, all things considered).

Good luck!

Back