◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,699 comments
Reviews done from me as well. I'm heading out tomorrow (well, today I suppose now given it's 10 past midnight) and won't get the chance to check for any new 'sides of the story' as Handlebar put it so I finished them up tonight.

Viper GTS '02 at Laguna Seca
...Corrected to: Gathers Drider Civic at Tsukuba
NASCAR 2011 at Deep Woods
2014 Stingray at Suzuka

a pair of 450-ish and a mid 850 hp on FR cars at 1500+ Kg each...

What is the over/under on finishing time differences between 1st to say... 5th in these?

Last edited:
Viper GTS '02 at Laguna Seca
NASCAR 2011 at Deep Woods
2014 Stingray at Suzuka

a pair of 450-ish and a mid 850 hp on FR cars at 1500+ Kg each...

What is the over/under on finishing time differences between 1st to say... 5th in these?

@criscr's Prize B selection doesn't count. Not only did he post it after Thursday's practice started, but he picked both a car replacement and a track replacement. The Civic at Tsukuba got the most votes, so that's the new Prize B selection. 👍

Had a great practice last night! Was good times! Tokyo would not be good in the civic with a half to full room, one little mistake and your alone for the rest of the race.

@criscr's Prize B selection doesn't count. Not only did he post it after Thursday's practice started, but he picked both a car replacement and a track replacement. The Civic at Tsukuba got the most votes, so that's the new Prize B selection. 👍
Tried the civic both at Tokyo and Tsukuba last night and it was really close quarter racing at Tsukuba, should, no
will be FUN!

In anticipation of the morning lull (and what a lull its been!), I'm just going to put this right here to make it a little more enoyable.
Its even got snails...

Wow! You weren't kidding about a morning lull. I had to make this post just out of principle! :lol:

November 24, 2013 lineup
banners by jobyone

ROUND ONE
Honda Gathers Drider CIVIC Race Car '98
(192HP / PP 422) (Racing Hard tires)
at Tsukuba Circuit (? laps)

photo by ???

ROUND TWO
Chevrolet 2014 Corvette Stingray Final Prototype (free DLC)
(478HP / PP 533) (Sports Soft tires)
at Suzuka Circuit (5 laps)

photo by ???

ROUND THREE
2011 NASCAR

(???HP / PP ???) (Racing Medium tires)
at Deep Forest Raceway (? laps)

photo by ???

Last edited:
Enjoy the peace and quiet quys. This thread and league will explode once we get GT6 released and we get some great publicity from the performance of SNAIL drivers in GT Academy. We will quickly be back up to 5 divisions with full grids. That's what my crystal ball is showing me.

We should have some sort of all day drop in and race event in D1 for Dec 6th. Maybe an all day drop in and practice for Sunday?

Last edited:
Enjoy the peace and quiet quys. This thread and league will explode once we get GT6 released and we get some great publicity from the performance of SNAIL drivers in GT Academy. We will quickly be back up to 5 divisions with full grids. That's what my crystal ball is showing me.

We should have some sort of all day drop in and race event in D1 for Dec 6th. Maybe an all day drop in and practice for Sunday?

Your crystal ball is most likely the same brand many of us have. This is the proverbial calm before the storm. I think we are all taking advantage of this "quiet" time to catch up on personal endeavors. Once GT6 drops, I plan to spend a great deal of time with it. It is always exciting when a game you have been waiting for finally arrives but this is going to be a very unique experience for many of us. I had been playing GT5 for a very long time before I got my wheel and the transition never really took. I was just too used to the DS3 and old habits die hard. Beginning GT6 from day 1 behind a wheel will kind of give me a "clean slate" to work with. I think the most excitement will be starting a new title with so many friends. In the past I have gotten new games and knew a couple of people that were playing but this is going to be a once in a lifetime event. I am sooooo looking forward to starting the GT6 adventure with all of you SNAILs and getting back to my regular groove. I am sure I will have many things to write about!!

This is my car for Sunday night.
Joey+Logano+2011+NASCAR+Daytona+Speedweek+ShN2-O_xIhBl.jpg

Just throwing the question out there and would like to make sure, but I didn't get same day shipping and got the 1 day shipping! So my question is will I get gt6 Saturday even though its a weekend?

I know this is off topic but i was just looking at the new report on GT planet and it says

In an update posted to Polyphony Digital’s website last week, Gran Turismo 5′s online My Home page and Photo Stream will cease service on November 29th at 01:00 EST.

GT5 My Home and GT5 Photo Stream will no longer be available on www.gran-turismo.com from 29 November, 01:00 EST.

Equivalent services will be made available on www.gran-turismo.com for Gran Turismo 6 following launch of the title.

Other Gran Turismo 5 online services will remain in place for a limited period. Further information to follow shortly.

“Other Gran Turismo 5 online servicesrefers to website services, such as B-Spec Remote Race, not in-game online services such as Seasonal Events or Multiplayer.

Does this mean that PD is cutting off the online portion to GT5 come november 29th and won't be able to race online in multiplayer after the 29th?

Just want some clarification because i am confused and also would be trading in my GT5 for GT6 if the online portion is being cut off.

I know this is off topic but i was just looking at the new report on GT planet and it says

In an update posted to Polyphony Digital’s website last week, Gran Turismo 5′s online My Home page and Photo Stream will cease service on November 29th at 01:00 EST.

GT5 My Home and GT5 Photo Stream will no longer be available on www.gran-turismo.com from 29 November, 01:00 EST.

Equivalent services will be made available on www.gran-turismo.com for Gran Turismo 6 following launch of the title.

Other Gran Turismo 5 online services will remain in place for a limited period. Further information to follow shortly.

“Other Gran Turismo 5 online servicesrefers to website services, such as B-Spec Remote Race, not in-game online services such as Seasonal Events or Multiplayer.

Does this mean that PD is cutting off the online portion to GT5 come november 29th and won't be able to race online in multiplayer after the 29th?

Just want some clarification because i am confused and also would be trading in my GT5 for GT6 if the online portion is being cut off.

From what i have read on other forums and to my knowledge it seems like it to be correct. They are probably going to use the down time to adapt the servers to GT6

@racingchamp30 I am almost certain that they are not taking down online services. It's just for the website from what I have read on it!

Taken from the story of it on gtplanet!
https://www.gtplanet.net/gt5s-my-home-photostream-websites-closing-nov-29/

"... Other Gran Turismo 5 online services will remain in place for a limited period. Further information to follow shortly.

'Other Gran Turismo 5 online services' refers to website services, such as B-Spec Remote Race, not in-game online services such as Seasonal Events or Multiplayer..."

So what its saying in my mind is that they are getting rid of gt5 online from their website but gt5 online for ps3 in multiplayer will still be working! 👍

Last edited:
1VFAIur.png

Race Date - Sun Nov 17 2013

Penalty Rate 50%

Banner by dabneyd

Division 2 - 2 incidents on file

GCarneiroBR
  • Round 3 - Race 2 - Level 1 - 1 points doubled to 2 for probation violation. 2 weeks probation remain.

Thanks to Handlebar-Man, JLBowler, Oshawa Joe and tezgm99 for their reviews this week.
Don't forget to claim your $hells for completing reviews.

:cheers:

* * * * * * * * * * * * *​

These changes may affect the final standings.
Full final results can be found here.
***If you were penalized and would like further explanation regarding the incident, PM your Division Steward and they will let you know what the stewards saw and our opinions on it.***​

Back