◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,788 comments
Wow, they've completely redone the forums here.

This may make me some kind of a loser, but... Kids are out of town and I have the PS3. Anyone doing anything this evening?

As an aside, I know GT6 is just GT5 2.0. I know it won't actually have any improvements. There will be new cars that could've been included as DLC for GT5, but for which they couldn't've charged however much they are charging. Question is... is SNAIL moving to GT6?
Yes we are. There is improved physics engine in gt6 which is superior to gt5

@Jared93 where are you?

1VFAIur.png

Race Date - Sun Nov 24 2013

Penalty Rate 80%

Banner by dabneyd
S.N.A.I.L. OLR Quote for the Week:
S.N.A.I.L. Penalty Guidelines

Division 1 - 4 incidents on file

Adventuruss
  • Round 2 - Race 2 - Level 2 - 6 points doubled to 12 for probation violation. 3 Weeks Probation Remain
GTP_Ph7shr
  • Round 1 - Race 2 - Level 1 - 4 points halved to 2 for on-track concession. 1 Week Probation
Xrad-11
  • Round 2 - Race 1 - Level 5 - 57 points. 5 Weeks probation

Division 3 - 1 incident on file

intoflatlines
  • Round 1 - Race 2 - Level 1 - 4 points doubled to 7 for probation violation. 3 Weeks probation remain.

Thanks to Handlebar-Man, JLBowler, jobyone71, tezgm99 and wumpus-hunter for their reviews this week.
Don't forget to claim your $hells for completing reviews.
:cheers:

* * * * * * * * * * * * *​

These changes affect the final standings.
Full final results can be found here.
***If you were penalized and would like further explanation regarding the incident, PM your Division Steward and they will let you know what the stewards saw and our opinions on it.***​

1VFAIur.png

Race Date - Sun Nov 24 2013
Penalty Rate 80%
Banner by dabneyd

Thanks to Handlebar-Man, JLBowler, jobyone71, tezgm99 and wumpus-hunter for their reviews this week.
Don't forget to claim your $hells for completing reviews.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *​

S.N.A.I.L. November - December Challenge - presented by ButtKicker

>>> ButtKicker 4D Sports Challenge Point Standings <<<

Thank you Stewards for getting the Incident Reviews done. Awesome work as always 👍

The ButtKicker 4D Sports Challenge points are now up to date for the races held November 24th.

Sim racing product discounts for S.N.A.I.L. members:

Information on discounted Buttkicker products here.

GranStand is offering a 10% discount to all S.N.A.I.L.s and a 15% Discount to members of Team S.N.A.I.L.

Allen Berg Racing Schools is offering a 50% discount on their Adventure Program to S.N.A.I.L.s until Wednesday December 4th. See here for more info.

Take advantage of being a S.N.A.I.L. ;)

Hi guys wheres practice taking place tonight d1 or in a online room?

Also sorry for not stating I wouldnt be taking part this past sunday my head hit the pillow for literally 2mins an I was gone works taking it outa me atm :-/ if I can stay awake il be racing sunday to give snail its final send off on gt5 its 50/50 at the moment though as im working a 12 til 12 shift so hopefully il make it.

Wow, they've completely redone the forums here.

This may make me some kind of a loser, but... Kids are out of town and I have the PS3. Anyone doing anything this evening?

As an aside, I know GT6 is just GT5 2.0. I know it won't actually have any improvements. There will be new cars that could've been included as DLC for GT5, but for which they couldn't've charged however much they are charging. Question is... is SNAIL moving to GT6?

123 new cars and 9 new track locations and you think that could have been offered through DLC? Even being terribly conservative and charging 50 cents per car would add up to $61.50. When you add in new locations and again be conservative at $3 each, that's another $27 for a grand total of $88.50. A new game at $59.99 seems like a good deal to me. This isn't even taking into account the new physics engine, new tire model, new aero model, and new tuning parts.

Oh, and GT5 2.0 was already released long ago.

123 new cars and 9 new track locations and you think that could have been offered through DLC? Even being terribly conservative and charging 50 cents per car would add up to $61.50. When you add in new locations and again be conservative at $3 each, that's another $27 for a grand total of $88.50. A new game at $59.99 seems like a good deal to me. This isn't even taking into account the new physics engine, new tire model, new aero model, and new tuning parts.

Oh, and GT5 2.0 was already released long ago.

Are we losing any cars and tracks?

And yes, I think if they released new DLC every month, I think people would've bought it, and kept buying it. But I don't have a control against which to compare, so I can't provide any empirical data.

Point of my question though is, if I can get time to drive with you guys again, I'm going to have to break down an buy GT6. That, I think, is what makes it all the worse. My garage isn't going to migrate, I imagine. I'm going to have to start over.

Blah.

also @Rallywagon & anyother snails in the know, i fixed the head as soon as it blew as i needed the motor for work however its now decided to send the turbo to an early grave, according to a friend of mine who worked for vauxhaull this is because i replaced the head and de-restricted everything possible air intake etc. thus putting to much pressure in the turbo :-/ would like a 2nd/3rd opinion on this as im not a complete wizz with diesels as i am with petrol engines....

S.N.A.I.L. Keychains will be available shortly. I plan to cut a batch this coming week. Maybe even tomorrow.

I've scrapped the SS material and will be going to Steel and looking into powder coating.

Having spent some time cutting a few SS ones. I'm not pleased with the repeatable finishes in the cuts. SS is a funky material. Steel cut like butter in the plasma. I've heard switching to nitrogen gas for SS is the trick. That is in the works too. Just gotta get my old man time to get it set up.

Hopefully I can get them coated in time to ship a batch to Zero.

First most likely be in red or silver. Depending on cost.

As we progress other colors will come available.

Your plans for the Stamina Series look awesome! 👍

Any chance someone could win a keychain for racing in all four races of a season? I know Stamina has plenty of aliens so I doubt I could get 5th or better. :(

All I want for Christmas is this! :drool:

So this being a 16 race season. Anyone that competed in all 16 races could earn themselves a Key Chain.

I think that's a very viable option!!

Let me see what powder coating will cost me and go from there.

S.N.A.I.L. One Year Club

Please join me in congratulating the following two entrants into the S.N.A.I.L. One Year Club.
@GranStand Bill
@DriftinAssassin

Thank you both for racing in S.N.A.I.L. and helping us become what we are today!

Its already been a year? Too cool, too cool! :D Many thanks for letting me join this awesome league and meet so many good people. Thanks for the awesome races and the learning experiences I've had in this league. I plan to come back full time once I've gotten used to the new physics of GT6 and have enough Credits to buy all the cars I'll need. Here's to another year of S.N.A.I.L. and all the amazing things that come with it! :cheers: :D :gtpflag:

@fiestauk, you say you replaced the head? was it ported somehow, different camshafts? How many miles where on the turbo? What else have you done to the car? Making the air flow in and out of the the engine won't cause any harm to the turbo. So modifying the intake, cams, heads, exhaust, those mods alone won't break down the turbo, more to the contrary, since there is less restriction to fight against. Now, that said, if you did any mods. especially to the exhaust, you can cause the turbo to over boost. This will cause premature failure of the bearing in the turbo. Also, if you do mods, or raise the boost pressure, then you will need a turbo timer. This runs the car after parking for roughly 2 minutes. This allows cool oil to circulate through the turbo, and keeps the oil from coking, which is a build up of burnt oil that will restrict oil, and cause bearing failure.

@OwensRacing, are you cutting with just compressed air or trigas?

@Vol Jbolaz, you come back around the thread just to troll GT6?

I can't sleep, it's almost 6 am and I have to get to work in two hours. The last couple of days have been like this. You guys know anything that might help? My girlfriend said that it might be from stress from work. If this keeps going I'll need to see a doctor. (Sorry for coming here with my random problems)

I can't sleep, it's almost 6 am and I have to get to work in two hours. The last couple of days have been like this. You guys know anything that might help? My girlfriend said that it might be from stress from work. If this keeps going I'll need to see a doctor. (Sorry for coming here with my random problems)

I've taken up drinking and it helps me sleep quite well. I've also found that strenuous "exercise" just before bed with a workout partner helps me get a good eight hours of sleep. A nice big meal usually helps as well. Today being Thanksgiving in the US, I've had a big meal, I'm drinking a few beers and shooting Mezcal with some friends, and I'll be "excercising" a little bit later just before bed.

Seriously, if you want to try something yourself, Ny-Quil makes a pretty good over the counter sleep aid. I'm sure there are others out there as well. If the problem persists, I would see my doctor but you might as well have some fun with home remedies in the mean time.

There are other things you can do besides drinking that will help you sleep that won't give you a hangover. Maybe talk to some of our friends from Colorado.

I've taken up drinking and it helps me sleep quite well. I've also found that strenuous "exercise" just before bed with a workout partner helps me get a good eight hours of sleep. A nice big meal usually helps as well. Today being Thanksgiving in the US, I've had a big meal, I'm drinking a few beers and shooting Mezcal with some friends, and I'll be "excercising" a little bit later just before bed.

Seriously, if you want to try something yourself, Ny-Quil makes a pretty good over the counter sleep aid. I'm sure there are others out there as well. If the problem persists, I would see my doctor but you might as well have some fun with home remedies in the mean time.

Thanks for the answer. I don't drink, that one is out of the question, and I don't believe we have Ny-Quil here in Portugal, I'll swing by the pharmacy tomorrow and check, maybe they have a different brand that does the same. But i'll definitely try the big meal and the "exercise" though. :lol:
Again, thanks for the help. :)

Sorry for double post. :/

There are other things you can do besides drinking that will help you sleep that won't give you a hangover. Maybe talk to some of our friends from Colorado.

"Maybe talk to some of our friends from Colorado." Sorry but I didn't understand that. :dunce:

Sorry for double post. :/

"Maybe talk to some of our friends from Colorado." Sorry but I didn't understand that. :dunce:

Colorado has recently legalized a certain herb that you can smoke and alter your state of mind for recreational use. As skills points out, Washington state has done the same. California all but did it years ago. Possession of a small amount is only punishable by a small fine. I don't engage in the smoking of this herb as it makes me very hungry and I'm fat enough as it is.

Colorado has recently legalized a certain herb that you can smoke and alter your state of mind for recreational use. As skills points out, Washington state has done the same. California all but did it years ago. Possession of a small amount is only punishable by a small fine. I don't engage in the smoking of this herb as it makes me very hungry and I'm fat enough as it is.

Oooooohhh :lol: You learn something new everyday.

@fiestauk, you say you replaced the head? was it ported somehow, different camshafts? How many miles where on the turbo? What else have you done to the car? Making the air flow in and out of the the engine won't cause any harm to the turbo. So modifying the intake, cams, heads, exhaust, those mods alone won't break down the turbo, more to the contrary, since there is less restriction to fight against. Now, that said, if you did any mods. especially to the exhaust, you can cause the turbo to over boost. This will cause premature failure of the bearing in the turbo. Also, if you do mods, or raise the boost pressure, then you will need a turbo timer. This runs the car after parking for roughly 2 minutes. This allows cool oil to circulate through the turbo, and keeps the oil from coking, which is a build up of burnt oil that will restrict oil, and cause bearing failure.

Diesels are a whole different story. If you increase inlet flow and exhaust flow but dont increase fuel being sprayed it can actually cause a over lean condition to the point where the turbo can not handle the EGT's(exhaust gas temperature). If the EGT's get too high regardless of power it can kill the turbo seals.

Back