◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,696 comments
Come back...I set a 31.2 with plenty to find ;)

@chatva pull bs like that on Sunday & I won't be so considerate....

Take it to the PM Jared. I'm going to keep a close eye on you Sunday with comments like that. I'm sure I won't be the only one either.

If I wanted to race with random people then I can go to an open lobby!

1 1/2 years back I joined S.N.A.I.L. Because it was governed, even in practice, I fully understand that I am no where near as fast as many however, "it's difficult to fly with the Eagle's when pigeons are wreaking you"

I feel it may be necessary for "potential recruits" to run some sort of qualifying test (much like the licensing that happens in PD in order for you to advance) In which they must pass a series of tests to become a candidate to be eligible to qualify as a S.N?A.IL. Candidate!

After which they would then be eligible to begin the S.N.A.I.L Qualifier.

Consider this ;
S.N.A.I.L has now become Famous due to the results of the 2013 GT ACADEMY results!

Last edited:
I'm new to this GTPlanet thing and I need a little help understanding how to apply to be a GTP member. I created this account because I wanted to face competitive racers. So my question is how do I apply to be an official GTP member, how do I apply for SNAIL, and WRS??

I'm new to this GTPlanet thing and I need a little help understanding how to apply to be a GTP member. I created this account because I wanted to face competitive racers. So my question is how do I apply to be an official GTP member, how do I apply for SNAIL, and WRS??

You have clearly made your GTPlanet ID. Check!

You expressed interest, so @Skills will be along shortly with the Welcome Wagon info. Check. That is all that is needed initially...Skills will let you know the particulars of the time trial that helps with division placement.

In the meantime, check out the page 1 post with info and generally useful links.

See you soon on the track!

@amdlll,
Thanks for your interest!

We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information.

3. @kcheeb PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. kcheeb will add you to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_1, 2, 3, 4 or 5' based off your placement from kcheeb. That lobby will be where you race Sunday

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

2:36? Holy **** I can barely get a sub 3. Maybe I should take this weekend off...

No you shouldn't :) This is an opportunity to get better 👍 Race, observe where you're losing time, find out why, ask questions, race with better drivers. It's all about getting better :) And having fun!!!

I've always said to myself, if they can do it, I can do it. I may not always do it quite as well, but it's better :lol:

Case in point, last Sunday I raced at Bathurst with @watermelonpunch there were some seriously fast dudes in the room. I was able to keep them on screen for a few laps :lol: but during that time, I saw where I was losing time and at the end of race, I was 6 or 7 seconds quicker than in qualifying.

If I can do it, you can do it ;)

That junior X2014 is pretty nice, maybe one day in the future we can use it for a race... That downshift sound though... why can't more of the cars sound as raw?

No you shouldn't :) This is an opportunity to get better 👍 Race, observe where you're losing time, find out why, ask questions, race with better drivers. It's all about getting better :) And having fun!!!

I've always said to myself, if they can do it, I can do it. I may not always do it quite as well, but it's better :lol:

Case in point, last Sunday I raced at Bathurst with @watermelonpunch there were some seriously fast dudes in the room. I was able to keep them on screen for a few laps :lol: but during that time, I saw where I was losing time and at the end of race, I was 6 or 7 seconds quicker than in qualifying.

If I can do it, you can do it ;)

You sure drafting wasn't a factor? ;)

im division 3 sunday where do i find time cars and track for that event.

The second post hasn't been updated for the 22nd yet, but Jared appears to have collected the cars and tracks for this coming Sunday

10 laps on each new combo...

BRZ on SH @ Silverstone Int. - 1:17.300

Street S2K on SH @ Bathurst - 2:32.769

Recent best with RX7 on SM @ Suzuka - 2:17.602

Seems the whole name debate is now moot as well. "Online lobby names changed to psn ID" Glad to see this, and I hope Spicy is still available! Now that they are killing the glitch, I'm glad to see pay outs increased and the login bonus return. Especially considering the effect this will have on their micro-transaction crap. Glad to see some fixs, sad not to see any new features yet.
I know I'm late to the conversation (had a crazy busy day yesterday), but I just wanted to say how pleased I am by this news. In my opinion, replacing PSN ID's in only racing was by far the stupidest thing that PD implemented in GT6. Yes, even worse than micro transactions. And while, I don't like that we had to deal with it at all, I'm glad it only took them less than two weeks to realize how stupid the idea was. It almost makes it seem as if PD is actually paying attention to the desires of their dedicated fans.. and maybe even paying attention to this thread! :lol:

Lol, think they saw our debate and said "Jeez, lets fix this!"?
I actual do think at least done of PDs staff looks in here. I mean, it is the largest GT community. What better place to research your client base.

I'm really bothered that the Junior X2014 is a 4 cylinder and sounds like a V8, and the Caddy CTS V Couple is a V8 and sounds like a V6. I have no other complaints about the game other than the V8s need to sound like V8s.

Lol....i think you mean Cojones!
Cajones = Boxes
Cojones = Muchos Huevos

Thank you for the correction. I was a little tired when I typed it and I just had a momentary brain fart. It's odd, because I even have a shirt with the word spelled on it.

I know this may be a pester but is there an official driver's list for GT6 yet? Last Sunday has made me confused as to which division I should be in. For now do I just run with D4?

I'm really bothered that the Junior X2014 is a 4 cylinder and sounds like a V8, and the Caddy CTS V Couple is a V8 and sounds like a V6. I have no other complaints about the game other than the V8s need to sound like V8s.
Not driven the CTS V in th game yet, but the Stielow "Red Devil", man does that sound great! Now, if only they could get the rotary to sound like its ported when you do engine upgrades, since that really is one of the few upgrades you can do to a rotary block, aside from hardened bearings and scalloping the rotors. That brap brap idle just isnt in the game.

10 laps on each new combo...

BRZ on SH @ Silverstone Int. - 1:17.300

Street S2K on SH @ Bathurst - 2:32.769

Recent best with RX7 on SM @ Suzuka - 2:17.602
Thanks for the lap times, but your estimated number of laps didn't seem right, so I used this instead.

I was bored and decided to do this for fun. Much fun was had. I think I'll just leave these here. ;)
MountPanoramaMotorRacingCircuit_zps3337281f.jpg

MountPanoramaMotorRacingCircuit_1_zpsc7a61185.jpg

Amuse S2000 Street Version '04 262 HP / 447 PP

SilverstoneInternationalCircuit_zps12ab14fc.jpg

SilverstoneInternationalCircuit_1_zpsc4e94c42.jpg

Subaru BRZ '12 208 HP / 413 PP (I'm really loving my new color for GT6 on this BRZ!)

SuzukaCircuit_1_zpscf662604.jpg

SuzukaCircuit_2_zps54986a2a.jpg

Reuse 'em if ya got 'em! Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD3S) '02 307 HP / 473 PP
Thanks for the HP and PP numbers. I've added them to the lineup post.

My pick for prize A: Amuse s2000 @ mt panorama (Bathurst)

Prize B.

Brz at Silverstone international circuit

Thanks for making your Prize A and Prize B selections! The December 22nd lineup has been posted! :gtpflag:

Can someone please provide the official in-game names for the the two new tracks?

Also, let's get some lineup pics! We need some sexy lineup banners! :D

Thanks for the lap times, but your estimated number of laps didn't seem right, so I used this instead.

Thanks for the HP and PP numbers. I've added them to the lineup post.

I'd be willing to bet he meant that he ran 10 laps to figure out a good lap time, not that the races should be 10 laps. but I don't want to put words in anyone's mouth.

I'd be willing to bet he meant that he ran 10 laps to figure out a good lap time, not that the races should be 10 laps. but I don't want to put words in anyone's mouth.
Yup, that's got to be it. Good call out.

Let me know if anyone thinks the lap numbers I came up with don't seem right either.

Back