◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,416 comments
I'll just move my post down here so at least visually yours will be more at the top...

I dunno.. I'm leaning towards this race as an ideal way to get a lap time, since we should be able to get a lap time from the 123 car.. :D

It looks like there will be a live stream of the event,but just need to figure out where we'd get the lap times from..
I kinda wish the car had some more GT6 livery on there or something. The 126 GT Academy car at least has more color and the flags of the drivers on there...

I'll just move my post down here so at least visually yours will be more at the top...

It's cool, don't worry about it. I was waiting for 30 minutes for someone to make a post so that I wouldn't have to make a quadruple post to snag that TOTPP. Finally, I said the heck with it and started to fire off posts as fast as I could.. It was karma.. the Forum-Fu Grandmasters of the ancient past knew I was up to no good and they wanted to send me a message to put me in my place. I have nobody to blame but my own OCD. :lol:

I kinda wish the car had some more GT6 livery on there or something. The 126 GT Academy car at least has more color and the flags of the drivers on there...

Yeah, that'd be cool to have GT6 car on the grid, especially with the exact livery as on the 15th Anniversary Edition cars.. Then again, they may not want to constantly remind the other drivers that they went from "virtual to reality".. Perhaps there's a chance they might not get the same respect on-track..

image.jpg

Nissan GT Academy Team RJN 123
Nissan 370Z (3800cc)

ESP.gif
ESP Lucas Ordonez
POR.gif
POR Miguel Faisca
GER.gif
GER Florian Strauss
RUS.gif
RUS Stanislav Aksenov
USA.gif
USA Nickolas McMillen

Hey everyone, during the S.N.A.I.L. events last night did anyone else notice having less grip than in practice? If im like most of you I ran the combos earlier in the week to get an idea of my lap times. Once i got into the events it seemed like the car was behaving as if we were running a compound harder than what was chosen. Before you ask, yes I made sure i was running with the correct tyres. Fairlady (Z) - medium, RX-7 - medium, Boss 302 - soft. At silverstone i was able to run high 12's in practice yet in quali i could barely get out of the 14's. Anyone else notice this last night or am i just crazy? I didnt know if this is a common thing with the online events or if anyone noticed a difference as well.

You know, I had the hardest time keeping in control of my car. I figured it was because I'd just been away and not practicing for the last week, and was tired from my flight into town just prior, but I usually don't lose all skills after only a week break.

And the selections are in - next week's combos:

ROUND ONE
Subaru S206 NBR Challenge Package '12
(331 hp / 478 PP) - (Sports Medium Tires)
at Deep Forest Raceway / Reverse (? laps - 7?)

ROUND TWO
Ford Mustang Boss 302 '13
(465HP / PP 508) (Sports Soft tires)
at Apricot Hill (7 laps)

ROUND THREE
Amuse Nismo 380 RS Superlegara
(399 hp / 510 PP) - (Sports Soft tires)
at Suzuka Circuit (5 laps)

Like the new setup, and Deep Forest is much more fun backwards-glad were keeping suzuka tihs week too, im just starting to really learn it.

I would like to join. Looks to be a great league for close competition and to improve ones racing skill. West coast time slot now available so I have no reason not to jump onboard.
Skills Tex will be along shortly with all the details. Feel free to send me a friend request (Jobyone71) as I am working to build up the West Coast division.

Last edited:
Since D3 has now 3 or 4 black cars(nevermind the 7 yellows) and as I'm tired of my black, I'm changing my color to copper red mica. Wheels remain gold.
Happy new year everyone and see you thursday on practice.

I would like to join. Looks to be a great league for close competition and to improve ones racing skill. West coast time slot now available so I have no reason not to jump onboard.
@kadoimmortal,
Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information.

3. @kcheeb PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. kcheeb will add you to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6' based off your placement from kcheeb. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

And the selections are in - next week's combos:

ROUND ONE
Subaru S206 NBR Challenge Package '12
(331 hp / 478 PP) - (Sports Medium Tires)
at Deep Forest Raceway / Reverse (? laps - 7?)

ROUND TWO
Ford Mustang Boss 302 '13
(465HP / PP 508) (Sports Soft tires)
at Apricot Hill (7 laps)

ROUND THREE
Amuse Nismo 380 RS Superlegara
(399 hp / 510 PP) - (Sports Soft tires)
at Suzuka Circuit (5 laps)
This is for sunday?

Awesome! Do you have any other friends in the Pacific time zone that might be interested in racing with us too? :D

I got a psn message invite and I am interested. So there are snail races every night but the main races take place Sunday night? My psn is x3n0-asx.
@d3uc3_dropp3r,
Thanks for your interest!
You're correct, Sunday night is the official league night.
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information.

3. @kcheeb PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. kcheeb will add you to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6' based off your placement from kcheeb. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Back