◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,696 comments
Maybe just ask everyone to post "I've submitted my vote" after they've filled out the form?

All you had to do was wait ten seconds! :lol:

Wait ten seconds, fuget about it ...

Mayhaps you could continue with your idea, but have a message pop up that requests the voter to place a message on the thread saying they have voted?

Ninja'd! GTMA, aye zer0?
@kcheeb, am I still a d3 contender?

Okay, I'll make the form, but it'll have to wait until this evening, maybe getting a little late! Sadly you can't do popups in Google Forms, at least that I'm aware of, but I could have some text in BIG BOLD LETTERS that tells everyone to do that.

@Rallywagon you'll know tonight after @JLBowler and I get done with the Drivers List. Have you done a time trial?

Wait ten seconds, fuget about it ...

Okay, I'll make the form, but it'll have to wait until this evening, maybe getting a little late! Sadly you can't do popups in Google Forms, at least that I'm aware of, but I could have some text in BIG BOLD LETTERS that tells everyone to do that.

@Rallywagon you'll know tonight after @JLBowler and I get done with the Drivers List. Have you done a time trial?
done and submitted a a few weeks ago.

So What is the New Lineup Update:

Prize A Deadline:6pm today, Wednesday,posted in thread or @criscr forfeits his prize - again. Combo suggestions are also due by this same deadline.Voting on suggestions will begin immediately following the deadline. Time for voting is TBD, probably until noon EST Thursday so West Coasters have a chance to respond Wednesday night or Thursday morning.

No nomination yet from:

@AG07WRXTR, @JWalker, @MerlinRPM, @CanuckleheadII, @iroquois,

@Wolfsatz, @gt5drifter94, Dragonwhisky(deferral), @Ronnie Norman, @Azure Flare

Current Nominees are, as of 3:30 pm EST

Puegot RCZ '10 @ Cape Ring Inside - @JLBowler

Rocket at Brands Hatch – @Troggeh , @ATLskydiver

Renault Megane Trophy Base Model '11 at Fuji / F - @Schmiggz

Prize B – thanks @ptslopoke

Subaru S206 NBR Challenge Package '12

Nissan GT-R Black Edition '12
(569 hp / 553 PP)

at Deep Forest Raceway / Reverse (Sport Soft Tires) - estimated 8 laps

Remaining Combo is unchanged:

Amuse Nismo 380 RS Superlegara
(399HP / PP 510) (Sports Soft tires)
at Suzuka Circuit (5 laps)

Combo order will be adjusted from low-to-high PP of each car.

(Back to Work - PE is over for the kids)

Last edited:
The current credit cap prevents me from suggesting something I would like to drive. Those of you who know me know what I mean. It likely wouldn't matter anyway. If I were to pick something it would either not get votes or if it did get voted onto the island, get voted off the very next week. I'll vote for whatever does get suggested and drive whichever wins.

Yes, I do want some cheese. But make it the cheap stuff I can put on a ritz. :D

Wouldn't that be GMTA? :lol:

Speaking of typos, I'm seriously considering switching from Qwerty to Dvorak. I just bought a badass new keyboard (www.trulyergonomic.com) and I figure I might as well upgrade my keyboard layout since I have to get used to my new keyboard anyways. Do any of you use Dvorak or any other non-Qwerty layout? I'm mainly concerned about the learning curve and the number of typing mistakes I'm bound to make..

Last edited:
Really, Dragonwhisky? Nothing under 100,000?

No wonder you have to eat cheap stuff to maintain that champagne taste in cars! :sly:

--- Zer05ive,

I thought of going to Dvorak, but I'm too immersed into Qwerty. I'm around 65-75 wpm and it's invaluable for writing plans, letters to parents (though I do a fair amount of voice-to-text when I can get away with it), etc.

I just think the readjust/relearning isn't worth it to a nearly 50 year old. If I was 20? Probably would do it. Too much water under the bridge for me.

Kinda with Handlebar on the keyboard thing. Best I think I ever did with a standard kb was around 30wpm and never really did get the hang of touch typing. Once I bought one of these
MS_Natural.jpg
however my typing steadily began to improve and I've moved from that through this
419V8X7P7FL._SX425_.jpg

and have settled on this one.
microsoft_natural_ergonomic_keyboard_4000.jpg

I have 2 of the black ones at home and once I brought one of them to work they started popping up at other work stations of co-workers. Work folks actually were nice enough to buy me one of those and one of these.
logitech-wireless-trackball-m570.png

So my control mirrors what I have at home. Been using trackballs for longer than natural keyboards and using a mouse for anything more than meeting a hammer is just to painful to contemplate. I "think type" about twice as fast as I can "transpose type" and have capped out around 50wpm. 60 only on a really good day. The problem I've always had with any keyboard is the home keys they try to tell you to use are cramped. Anyone who is trying to speed up there typing should just make their home keys where their fingers naturally hit a key when at rest. The fingers on my left hand rest on AWEF on these natural keyboards and my right hovers around and never really "homes". It's my smart hand and doesn't really need to.

Last edited:
A user at my office has one of those black Microsoft ergonomic keyboards. I had to configure something on her machine and I had such a hard time typing anything. I'm sure you get used to it after awhile but I'll stick with my plain boring anti-ergonomic keyboard for now :)

Once you decide you're going to learn how to use one, you'll never go back. It's also good for chasing away folks who refuse to learn how to use it. It certainly encourages 2 handed typing too.

Once you decide you're going to learn how to use one, you'll never go back. It's also good for chasing away folks who refuse to learn how to use it. It certainly encourages 2 handed typing too.
On my laptops I disable the touchpad and rely on the trackpoint button (red button in the middle of the keyboard) to do all of my mouse movements. It really does discourage people from trying to use/mess with my laptop!

Hmm, ergonomic keyboard. Maybe that will help with the hand pain. not sure about dvorak though. I get the premise though, be interesting to try at the least.

Hmm, ergonomic keyboard. Maybe that will help with the hand pain. not sure about dvorak though. I get the premise though, be interesting to try at the least.
Raise the wrist area so that the hand and forearm are inline. Certainly helps the pain. IMHO

New Combo Nominees are:

A) Peugeot RCZ '10 (Sport Hard / 207 hp / 414 PP / FF) at Cape Ring Inside

B) Light Car Company Rocket '07 (Sport Soft / 174 hp / 573 PP / MR) at Brands Hatch Gran Prix

C) Renault Sport Megane Trophy Base Model '11 (Racing Hard / 377 hp / 518 PP / MR) at Fuji / F

All drivers who participated Sunday - Please vote ONCE in the SNAIL thread, and only vote when you know your ballot. Once you 'drop it in the ballot box' you're done. No "Chicago voting" will be allowed, no changes, all duplicate entries are disqualified if you submit more than one vote.

Voting is from now (approx 1815 EST on Wednesday) until 1200 EST on Thursday. After that time the winner for the Combo A will be verified.

Good racing, Gentlemen, and any Ladies present.

Last edited:
So What is the New Lineup Update:

Prize A Deadline:6pm today, Wednesday,posted in thread or @criscr forfeits his prize - again. Combo suggestions are also due by this same deadline.Voting on suggestions will begin immediately following the deadline. Time for voting is TBD, probably until noon EST Thursday so West Coasters have a chance to respond Wednesday night or Thursday morning.

No nomination yet from:

@AG07WRXTR, @JWalker, @MerlinRPM, @CanuckleheadII, @iroquois,

@Wolfsatz, @gt5drifter94, Dragonwhisky(deferral), @Ronnie Norman, @Azure Flare

Current Nominees are, as of 3:30 pm EST

Puegot RCZ '10 @ Cape Ring Inside - @JLBowler

Rocket at Brands Hatch – @Troggeh , @ATLskydiver

Renault Megane Trophy Base Model '11 at Fuji / F - @Schmiggz

Prize B – thanks @ptslopoke

Subaru S206 NBR Challenge Package '12

Nissan GT-R Black Edition '12
(569 hp / 553 PP)

at Deep Forest Raceway / Reverse (Sport Soft Tires) - estimated 8 laps

Remaining Combo is unchanged:

Amuse Nismo 380 RS Superlegara
(399HP / PP 510) (Sports Soft tires)
at Suzuka Circuit (5 laps)

Combo order will be adjusted from low-to-high PP of each car.

(Back to Work - PE is over for the kids)
I vote for the Rocket @ Brands Hatch Grand Prix

C: megane @ Fuji please

We've yet to run a real racing car. The aero and tires allow for some hard tight and clean racing. :)

We're here to race. So let's use proper race cars.

Last edited:
I am going with:

A) Peugeot RCZ '10 (Sport Hard / 207 hp / 414 PP / FF) at Cape Ring Inside

We already have a 500+ FR, and a 550+ 4WD monster, I just like my cars to be well-handling, and be of a.... variety, and race in close quarters.

Not dissing the other nominees at all! - they are fun, I just personally like the 'sampler platter' on a Sunday so I don't feel like I'm in a rut of "uber powerful FR car on THIS track! Woo hoo!" YMMV.

Back