◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,696 comments
Really glad to see the E30 M3 "most wanted" by far...
My rx7 and rx4 suggestions are pulling out of the gates nicely. I am not surprised to see the E30 that high though, nor would I be shocked if it was the first suggestion either. It is a highly sought after car that does a lot very well. Road racers, canyon carvers, drifters and drag racers all want it.
Hello Snails!

Very glad to see particupation levels ecscalting into record numbers.

SNAIL is just that awesome. You guys dealing with this broken game and making it work is amazing. Keep up the good work.

Maybe one day an update from PD will drag me back. Till then i shall follow the thread and happenings.
It will be interesting to see what exactly this update at the end of the month will fix... And break...

Sorry for fussing. Didn't realize you couldn't see everyone.

No worries, I understand your frustration at the time, I would've been same way (and without you speaking up when you did, I wouldn't have realized exactly what was going on and may have gotten int he way of more people). I hope I didn't screw up your first race too badly as a result. I'll try to jump into some of the practice lobbies this week to see if my problems are sorted, and maybe try to do an enduro series race or something too. No hard feelings! 👍

I uploaded replays & made folders but I only have acces to view now not to upload not sure why.

To quote myself,

Again, that was by design. You should not have been able to create folders. You can download from any folder and upload to the folder for your division.

If anyone has any requests for the replay archive, send them to me or kcheeb. DO NOT create any new folders!

Do we have replays uploaded from all divisions? I have a few minutes, was hoping D5 had some uploaded... Esp race 1, maybe race 3 as well?

D2 Photos!
zm_A366FF7F_Autodromo_Nazionale_Monza.jpg

Monza!
zm_8ec3fbBd_Autodromo_Nazionale_Monza_1.jpg

Me, NMCP and Kgffty all race ;)

zm_93Aeb488_Autodromo_Nazionale_Monza_2.jpg

Great race NMCP! Made me drive down the middle of the track in some of those tight areas so you wouldn't go past ;)

zm_7F6796c7_Autodromo_Nazionale_Monza_3.jpg

Like this til the flag.
zm_6Ef9D99C_Autodromo_Nazionale_Monza_4.jpg

Race 2!
zm_9f2f668C_Autodromo_Nazionale_Monza_5.jpg

Good close racing all night.
zm_30A43142_Suzuka_Circuit_10.jpg

Yes, we race at Suzuka but all the cars looked alike. This is me and Serge through all of Race 1 until he went off...on the last lap :(
zm_CcaBCEEf_Brands_Hatch_Grand_Prix_Circuit.jpg

NMCP decided he wanted to race again later in the evening but went off while leading :(
zm_9B7ccFAD_Brands_Hatch_Grand_Prix_Circuit_1.jpg

Apparently Bowler wanted to try and do his hair and makeup...through MY mirror.
zm_e38CBEe8_Brands_Hatch_Grand_Prix_Circuit_2.jpg

KCheeb, Racefan and TCrash I think.
zm_7cfD9909_Brands_Hatch_Grand_Prix_Circuit_3.jpg

Apparently I was too slow for Racefan too...

zm_0a6C7DcE_Brands_Hatch_Grand_Prix_Circuit_4.jpg

Intoflatlines, Myself and DrGreen.
zm_9aEBff69_Brands_Hatch_Grand_Prix_Circuit_5.jpg

DrGreen was amazing at Brand's.
zm_Ddef5eFb_Brands_Hatch_Grand_Prix_Circuit_6.jpg

This was how it finished Race 2 at Brand's.

Just a testament a quick shout out to DrGReen at Brand's. Dude was seriously quite a bit faster than me yet he stayed cool and calm, put the pressure on and didn't put a wheel wrong. I should have let him by just because he didn't give in to the urge many of us have to get around a slower driver. But, well, it's racing and I just can't LET him by...right?

NMCP had a few opportunities to press by at Monza by late braking and he never tried it. I appreciate the courtesy!

Serge and I had a great battle at Suzuka til he did the dreaded off on the last lap. I know the feeling and it sucks.

Great racecraft and racing D2 ;)

Here are some pictures from the Division 8 races last night. I showed up late, missing combo 1 and the 1st race of combo 2. So here are pics from races #4, 5 & 6.

Suzuka Circuit_7.jpg

Chaos coming out of turn 1.
Suzuka Circuit_8.jpg
Suzuka Circuit_9.jpg

@goofytyler running away with the race.

Suzuka Circuit_10.jpg
Suzuka Circuit_11.jpg

Once again, @goofytyler is running away from the pack in race 1 at Brands Hatch.
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_19.jpg
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_20.jpg
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_21.jpg

@wvhellbilly making a clean pass on me, @KTR5
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_22.jpg

@goofytyler has a huge lead after a couple laps in race 1
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_23.jpg

@Rolly21581
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_24.jpg

@FBR_Steve
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_25.jpg

@KTR5 with @Pichon617 on his tail
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_26.jpg

Turn 1 of race 2.
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_27.jpg

TheCrazyWizard35 spinning out heading into turn 2 messed up several guys. @KTR5 and @goofytyler made it away safely.
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_28.jpg

@Pichon617 leads @Sharkb8ii and @wvhellbilly
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_29.jpg

Three way battle for the lead
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_30.jpg
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_31.jpg

@goofytyler was all over me
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_32.jpg

@Pichon617 hoping to force a mistake
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_33.jpg

And here is his chance to take the lead and run away to win race #2. @goofytyler won the over 5 races.
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_34.jpg

D2 Photos!
zm_A366FF7F_Autodromo_Nazionale_Monza.jpg

Monza!

Just a testament a quick shout out to DrGReen at Brand's. Dude was seriously quite a bit faster than me yet he stayed cool and calm, put the pressure on and didn't put a wheel wrong. I should have let him by just because he didn't give in to the urge many of us have to get around a slower driver. But, well, it's racing and I just can't LET him by...right?

NMCP had a few opportunities to press by at Monza by late braking and he never tried it. I appreciate the courtesy!

Serge and I had a great battle at Suzuka til he did the dreaded off on the last lap. I know the feeling and it sucks.

Great racecraft and racing D2 ;)
Great Pics. I love the focus on the close battles and not the mistakes. That is what racing is all about.

I have two questions...

1) Are there any tricks to getting replays to work?

2) How can I download other people's replays?

So I was thumbing through the unoffical car list request thing going on, and some of those cars are just great ideas, However, I can't bring myself to like a single Porsche suggestion. Knowing that EA has Porsche locked down still is really irritating.

I have two questions...

1) Are there any tricks to getting replays to work?

2) How can I download other people's replays?

1) No. You just have to keep trying. Not trying to be blunt but that's just the way it is at this point.

2) The replays that are uploaded for S.N.A.I.L. are generally reserved for steward usage. You can ask anyone to send you a replay by having them save it to the XMB, then to a thumb drive, then to their computer. Once it's on the computer, it can be zipped and sent via email to you where you will have to undo the entire procedure.

I am confused as to the complaints about replays. I discussed it a little with handlebar last night. Is the problem occurring after you transfer them to the computer? Or are people having issues watching there own replays? Because I sat down today and watched every replay of every race ive been in and had 0 problems with any of them. And, have had no problems of any kind with any replay since gt6 started. Ive even saved and watched replays from open lobbies that I have been in and still no problems. Maybe it could be a difference in settings on are ps3 systems. I dont know what the differences could be but just a thought.

I am confused as to the complaints about replays. I discussed it a little with handlebar last night. Is the problem occurring after you transfer them to the computer? Or are people having issues watching there own replays? Because I sat down today and watched every replay of every race ive been in and had 0 problems with any of them. And, have had no problems of any kind with any replay since gt6 started. Ive even saved and watched replays from open lobbies that I have been in and still no problems. Maybe it could be a difference in settings on are ps3 systems. I dont know what the differences could be but just a thought.
Sounds like you have just volunteered to be the dedicated replay uploader for whichever division you race in! :D

Many people are intermittently unable to view their own saved replays on their system.

It doesn't matter if hooker4, or anyone for that matter, can their replay on their system. They may not be able to watch it the next time they try. They may or may not be able to watch a replay that they got from someone else even if that person could or couldn't view it on their system.

The PS3 has nothing to do with viewing a replay. The software (GT6) is the only thing that can decode the file of the replay and allow it to be viewed. The most likely case it that GT6 is having some sort of intermittent issue decoding the replay files and is then causing the PS3 to lock up. Until PD issues a fix for this issue, we are all pretty much stuck with the random replay lottery sponsored by PD.

It doesnt matter if hooker4, or anyone for that matter, can their replay on their system. They may not be able to watch it the next time they try. They may or may not be able to watch a replay that they got from someone else even if that person could or couldn't view it on their system.

The PS3 has nothing to do with viewing a replay. The software (GT6) is the only thing that can decode the file of the replay and allow it to be viewed. The most likely case it that GT6 is having some sort of intermittent issue decoding the replay files and is then causing the PS3 to lock up. Until PD issues a fix for this issue, we are all pretty much stuck with the random replay lottery sponsored by PD.
I know I can watch mine anytime I want and never had any Issues.

I know I can watch mine anytime I want and never had any Issues.
I've never had any trouble watching my "best lap" replays but I did have a crash trying to load one of my online race replays last night. Had to reboot and it loaded ok the next time I tried. Strange issue. My guess would be something to do with memory issues. PD have been pretty bad at handling the ps3s system memory in the past.

swg
I've never had any trouble watching my "best lap" replays but I did have a crash trying to load one of my online race replays last night. Had to reboot and it loaded ok the next time I tried. Strange issue. My guess would be something to do with memory issues. PD have been pretty bad at handling the ps3s system memory in the past.
How many gb Is your ps3?

If it does have something to do with the system memory, that would be the ram of the PS3 (which is usually a limiter for most things with the PS3). Based on my and many others experiences, I don't think available hard drive space has anything to do with the replay problem. I have a 500GB HDD and currently have a little over 300GB of free space. I have seen others post who claim to have upgraded to a full TB and have over 500GB free. If it is a memory issue, and it could very well be, it is almost certainly tied to the ram of the PS3.

Edit: I wonder if signing out of PSN and then loading the game and trying to view replays could help with the situation. If RAM is truly an issue, I don't know if the PS3 uses any RAM just being signed into PSN but if it does and available RAM is part of the problem, it couldn't hurt to give it a shot.

I didn't have any issues with them...until last night. Last night was also the first time I had internet issues connecting to the lobby. I dunno, I'm bummed because I enjoy reliving the races and seeing where I could make improvements. If someone could send me the division 5 replays that would be great! PM me and I can send you my email.

If does have something to do with the system memory, that would be the ram of the PS3 (which is usually a limiter for most things with the PS3). Based on my and many others experiences, I don't think available hard drive space has anything to do with the replay problem. I have a 500GB HDD and currently have a little over 300GB of free space. I have seen others post who claim to have upgraded to a full TB and have over 500GB free. If it is a memory issue, and it could very well be, it is almost certainly tied to the ram of the PS3.
I know nothing about computers. I was just wondering If maybe the amount of gb is why mine works. I have a 500gb ps3

Back