◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,696 comments
It was a close thing last night and as I watched jobyone put in the votes from WC, I saw a tie for C2 and 3. I don't know who's vote got punched in just before I went to bed but it kicked C2 into the lead for getting the boot. I was happy to see it. With more votes coming in, don't know how it will all shake out but C2&3 had a commanding lead over C1, so nmcp is probably correct in his assertion.

I wanted to be able to vote for all of the above. I don't care for Monza and the other two just haven't shown me any good racing. They're fun to drive but they don't seem to provide as much good racing as many other combos have in the past.

Of course we could go the other way, get rid of the Dino and throw in the Suzuki GSX/R4 thing and have three of the exact same type of car running. Variety is the spice of life guys, try and pick something a little different for a change.

Are all the vote in? Wich combo stay ?

Either read this page in the thread or wait for the results post. nmcp1 gave his best guess and Dragonwhisky all but confirmed it just a couple of posts back.

OK - it's my understanding if you lose connection to a lobby, for a Friends Only room especially, is that if you can't see or find the room, you may need to (feel free to add, clarify or correct steps, sequence, etc):

First, cross your fingers, hope for the best, and be happy you are a Beta-Tester for GT6 Online Play....

Then...
a) Exit and Reenter Online Lobby
b) Turn "Friends Only" checkmark on/off/on/off a few times to see if it comes up
c) Leave Online Lobby, Sign out and then back in to PSN
d) Try steps a & b again
e) If that doesn't work, you may need to shut your PS3 off completely and restart, log back into PSN, restart GT6 and try again.
Resetting or powering off your modem and router may help as well

@everyonewhofitsinthisshoe, you could follow the well documented links to the Google docs that would enlighten you to that same question, and so much more, just follow your nose, it always knows, to the OP and see for yourself. Or be a a more patient and understanding person and wait like the rest of us for zer0s results post that will likely be up tonight.
This goes for pretty much everything, including the infamous 'what's the combos' question. Nearly everyone I should hope knows the drill by now. Stop being generation now and expecting someone to do the digging for you. Unofficial results go out, the stewards give the winners the all clear, choices are made and in a typical timely manner, the second post is updated. Not to mention that people are general talking about the new combos for a page or three after being selected. If you can't be bothered to look through the thread yourself, then wait for one of those mentioned posts.
Dangerzone, come back man, I was writing this post!

Last edited:
Sorry, just getting a little bored waiting at Sick Kids. 2 hour delay for surgery and that's after 3.25 hr drive in to Toronto this morning.

The G-27 Pedal unit - namely the accelerator pedal is shifting to Neutral when fully depressed. Anyone have an idea as to what to look for when I take it apart? Any and all comments appreciated (even the sarcastic ones).
Thanks for your help.

The G-27 Pedal unit - namely the accelerator pedal is shifting to Neutral when fully depressed. Anyone have an idea as to what to look for when I take it apart? Any and all comments appreciated (even the sarcastic ones).
Thanks for your help.

I would look for some kind of pinch point involving the wiring from the clutch pedal. I'm pretty sure the only way to go into N would involve the clutch in some way. If there is no pinch point, you might try disconnecting the wires from the clutch and leaving outside the box and see if that fixes your problem.

I would look for some kind of pinch point involving the wiring from the clutch pedal. I'm pretty sure the only way to go into N would involve the clutch in some way. If there is no pinch point, you might try disconnecting the wires from the clutch and leaving outside the box and see if that fixes your problem.

I tried disconnecting the wires on the clutch pedal. Don't bother. If you don't have all of the pedals connected, they don't work. I was getting tired of accidentally hitting the clutch pedal and it shifting to N. So I disconnected the clutch pedal wires and when I tried to use the brake / accel. pedals, they did not work.

Is there a really quick way to tell if your brake pedal spring has been upgraded on the G27? I bought mine used and I'm wondering if it was modded

I tried disconnecting the wires on the clutch pedal. Don't bother. If you don't have all of the pedals connected, they don't work. I was getting tired of accidentally hitting the clutch pedal and it shifting to N. So I disconnected the clutch pedal wires and when I tried to use the brake / accel. pedals, they did not work.

That's odd. How does the big brake pedal that connects the brake and clutch pedals work. The instructions for that thing actually tell you to disconnect the wires from the clutch pedal. I'll have to test this with mine. It's a quick test for me as my pedals are inverted and no longer in the box.

Is there a really quick way to tell if your brake pedal spring has been upgraded on the G27? I bought mine used and I'm wondering if it was modded

There is. Unscrew the allen head nuts from where the pedal bracket connects to the red cylinder. Flip the pedal over and pull the red cylinder apart. This will allow you to pull the spring out and have a look.

Sorry, just getting a little bored waiting at Sick Kids. 2 hour delay for surgery and that's after 3.25 hr drive in to Toronto this morning.

Sorry to hear that Joe. Sure hope all turns out well with that.

On the results/combo/votes note. We have almost 2 weeks before points racing resumes. Plenty of time for all that needs to be done, to get done. While I would hope that we can get everything finalized for the February season done this week, that way we can all enjoy the next week off, in some cases, it just may not be.

On the results/combo/votes note. We have almost 2 weeks before points racing resumes. Plenty of time for all that needs to be done, to get done. While I would hope that we can get everything finalized for the February season done this week, that way we can all enjoy the next week off, in some cases, it just may not be.
Speaking of time off. How about an ALT SNAIL event for next Sunday. We could run the same tracks as this week but with cars that we can not currently run in SNAIL. So we could run something like the following:

Ford RS200 at Monaco
Ferrari 250 GTO at Monza
Ford GT40 '66 at Brands Hatch

Just an idea.

So my PS3 is beginning to fail to read double layer discs (primarily GT6.) Any one know the cheapest place to get a replacement laser? Best deal I've found is $52 on Amazon.

So my PS3 is beginning to fail to read double layer discs (primarily GT6.) Any one know the cheapest place to get a replacement laser? Best deal I've found is $52 on Amazon.

I've gotten a laser from thegamersfix.com. Ordered the wrong one the first time and they were helpful getting it exchanged.

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the votes for the top 3 prize winners removed from the final total votes?

They are. The vote that was cast by the guy in D1 that didn't race (I'm sure it's just a typo if it's still there) would also be removed.

They are. The vote that was cast by the guy in D1 that didn't race (I'm sure it's just a typo if it's still there) would also be removed.

I went over the directors doc at lunch. everything is correct in there. And that's where zer0 generates the report from.

I'll be updating the votes in the results doc shortly.

Back