â—† SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,417 comments
Well I found an old bookshelf for now...had to pull out a shelf and she wobbles a bit but it's a start. Any suggestions on Force Feedback setting or other settings I should know about when first getting started?

Thanks in advance đź‘Ť
1strig.jpg

Well I found an old bookshelf for now...had to pull out a shelf and she wobbles a bit but it's a start. Any suggestions on Force Feedback setting or other settings I should know about when first getting started?

Thanks in advance đź‘ŤView attachment 108535
Start at 5 on FFB. and pay attention to what wheels are being highlighted when selecting those options, you will notice that not all options highlight all wheels. Un-highlighted wheels means that those ones are unaffected by that setting. Sounds like common sense, but you would be surprised how many people don't understand that.

I am certain that having the the wheel set on Simulation changes the ramp rate at which the FFB follows. On amateur it seems to be extremely easy even when the FFB is set at 10.

@simracejesse You online?

Can't wait to get it rigged up somehow at the house... not sure how that's going to work out without a rig or a desk... any suggestions?

Well, I use a Joe Weider (small) weight bench with the Wheel mounted on the height adjustable preacher curl and a hockey bag full of blankets that is blocked between the bench press uprights (comfortable).

I have been able to comfortably get kids as low as 5 years old to 6'.6" individuals to play on it. And it is very rigid.

It started out as a temporary measure ...but it has proven to be more longterm (going on three years...also some iracing)

My force feedback has always been 10

Last edited:
Pretty sure that that setting only applies to the DFGT and DFpro. As I said, when you first highlight a setting, you will see what wheels that particular setting applies too. Only those two wheels show as being affected. To add some verification, there is lots of posts about it in this thread, I linked to the first after me to share this sentiment.

I am certain that having the the wheel set on Simulation changes the ramp rate at which the FFB follows. On amateur it seems to be extremely easy even when the FFB is set at 10.

@simracejesse You online?

Yes. Crashing a lot...lol If you want to join: Room ID 1472 6399 8537 0918 7006

Had to close the room...sorry

Last edited:
its thursday, i dont want to be that guy, but what are the cars/tracks for this week? Its practics night--yesssssssssssssssssssss
7 days of BS (which included a death in the fam) im rdy to roll.

There is no practice this week as the combo's have not bee chosen. Stewards have untill 11:00pm EST before final points and prize winners are cleared for there picks.

There is no practice this week as the combo's have not bee chosen. Stewards have untill 11:00pm EST before final points and prize winners are cleared for there picks.

What kind of practice coordinator is that? I WANT TO PRACTICE!

can we do a NURB RECYCLER at least?

What kind of practice coordinator is that? I WANT TO PRACTICE!

can we do a NURB RECYCLER at least?

I would have liked that except fur der Noob Ring uf Baad Racencraften nichtpassingschpotz.

At least the Vikes have sniffed something other than someone else's UnderArmor... (Longtime 'Skins fan)

I would have liked that except fur der Noob Ring uf Baad Racencraften nichtpassingschpotz.

At least the Vikes have sniffed something other than someone else's UnderArmor... (Longtime 'Skins fan)
really? I think of all the tracks, this one has the most passing spots, probably because of the size. But there are plenty of opportunities to pass for sure. Though I am partial, I do really like that track. I can see why people wouldn't like it. All the rough curves, lots that increase in radius too, and can be quite narrow.

really? I think of all the tracks, this one has the most passing spots, probably because of the size. But there are plenty of opportunities to pass for sure. Though I am partial, I do really like that track. I can see why people wouldn't like it. All the rough curves, lots that increase in radius too, and can be quite narrow.

Great minds think alike!!!

Since my call was not on the right time for my prize selection, i tryed more car and i'm now wobbling between the elise and something else, i will choose when get a official ok, if the prize is still mine after penalty

Since my call was not on the right time for my prize selection, i tryed more car and i'm now wobbling between the elise and something else, i will choose when get a official ok, if the prize is still mine after penalty
I look forward to seeing the other choice. The Elise is a great car but I believe it is the most used car in SNAIL history. I am looking forward to something new:)

Elise was the name of the hot girl I wished was my girlfriend a long time ago... Subliminal yearning? Or just a kicking car?

Just because it is best does not mean we should not go to such an irresistible choice Jobyone ...

OK - great car. Dropping analogy.

Back