◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,696 comments
Here's a few pics from the unofficial practice session tonight. Plus one from a testing session with @Pifachu a few days ago.
Silverstone International Circuit.jpg
Silverstone International Circuit_1.jpg
Silverstone International Circuit_2.jpg
Silverstone International Circuit_3.jpg
Silverstone International Circuit_4.jpg
Silverstone International Circuit_5.jpg
Silverstone International Circuit_6.jpg
Côte d'Azur_1.jpg

Kcheeb,

I noticed that ndrk1088 times and scores are not showing up on the 2014.1 monthly results sheet for the West Coast Division. No rush but can this be checked.

Thanks

Joby

I don't have to go to work today (It's past 3 AM for me), so I'm thinking about going forward with the races I proposed earlier.

In case you can't remember:

Ford Focus ST '13 @ Willow Springs Streets of Willow

Chevrolet Corvette C7 @ Laguna Seca

SRT Viper '13 (Both GTS and Launch Edition is allowed) @ Daytona Road Course, with a twist.

I'll open a practice lobby sometime in the afternoon for not only practice, but testing to see how many laps are required.

Also, I'm thinking about deviating a little bit from typical S.N.A.I.L. rules with tires. For example, the rules say that the Corvette would race on SM tires. I'm proposing that it goes down to SH tires for a bit more fun.

None of the races will count towards S.N.A.I.L. as they are exhibition events.

Who's up for that?

Sorry about that, @Pifachu, I was having brain melt again.

YES, WE HAVE THE NEW COMBOS!!!

Carryover:

Ferrari Dino 246 GT '71 (Sport Hard tires)
At Monza (with Chicanes)

Modified:

Caterham Seven Fireblade '02
Lotus Elise Race Car '96 (Racing Hard tires)
At Cote d'Azur

Brand New:

Mazda RX-7 Touring Car (Racing Hard Tires)
At Silverstone International

Last edited:
Looks good ATL. Nice cat too!. And Famcom. And N64 and PS1! I've been tossing around the idea of sourcing out some Sega components. Dreamcast, Genesis, 32x and SegaCD. Get my old loves back again. For that TV. You could get a mounting bracket that will move. Slide it down and out and your all set!

Sega Dreamcast Is a fun game system. I have Crazy Taxi, the original Sonic the Hedgehog, and Test Drive 24 Hours of Le Mans.

Do you see the "edit" button? USE IT! The perception of the whole is influenced by behavior like this. I could look past a reasonable double-post, but the first post is blank! WTF?!

I won't go easy. If this had been the first or even second time I'd seen it recently it wouldn't be an issue, but it keeps happening despite requests to stop.

I won't go easy. If this had been the first or even second time I'd seen it recently it wouldn't be an issue, but it keeps happening despite requests to stop.
are the combos posted yet?
Wow, I can feel the ire rising in me even though I am making the joke. Gods i really hate that question.

So, all the talk of @Handlebar trying to find a decent track car got me to thinking about possibly buying a S2000 in the next couple of years. I was always pretty dead set on finding another old late 80's early 90's 911 like I used to have. But the S2000 does look to be a great modern alternative with all the amenities my old 911 never had. I could take or leave the convertible aspect but all in all it looks to be a solid vehicle.

Any S2000 experts feel free to enlighten me in detail on which ones are best and what to watch for. It will be a daily driver so take that into consideration.

Do you see the "edit" button? USE IT! LOL

Gotcha!

I must be missing something here. I do use the edit button. I had to use it to add something to the blank post so it would register as something when I quoted it. Please explain.

Sorry about that, @Pifachu, I was having brain melt again.

YES, WE HAVE THE NEW COMBOS!!!

Carryover:

Ferrari Dino 246 GT '71 (Sport Hard tires)
At Monza (with Chicanes)

Modified:

Caterham Seven Fireblade '02
Lotus Elise Race Car '96 (Racing Hard tires)
At Cote d'Azur

Brand New:

Mazda RX-7 Touring Car (Racing Hard Tires)
At Silverstone International

Reading posts on same page, FTW!

Joe, I'm thinking about going in a slightly different direction - but it shouldn't fall into the "petite" or "boring" category, I think... 1959 Morgan Roadster.

upload_2014-1-31_11-12-35.png

Last edited:
Practice?
Room gone!

Mazda - 1:04.873 ABS 1 brakes 3/5

Lotus - 1:41.942 ABS 1 brakes 3/0 (let off the gas to turn but never let off completely, unless you enjoy doing 360's)

Dino - 2:15.667 ABS 1 brakes 4/2

bbb (better before beer)

Last edited:
I'm interested in joining this league can you pm me some info cheers
@unitedstomper,
Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by midnight EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

So, all the talk of @Handlebar trying to find a decent track car got me to thinking about possibly buying a S2000 in the next couple of years. I was always pretty dead set on finding another old late 80's early 90's 911 like I used to have. But the S2000 does look to be a great modern alternative with all the amenities my old 911 never had. I could take or leave the convertible aspect but all in all it looks to be a solid vehicle.

Any S2000 experts feel free to enlighten me in detail on which ones are best and what to watch for. It will be a daily driver so take that into consideration.
What's your budget? I am by no means an expert but I was cross shopping them before I bought my current car.

Lotus vs RX-7...

What an odd couple. Two completely different driving cars. I can see why FastFox complained the RX-7 has understeer, you simply cannot drive the same line you would expect to take with the Lotus. However the Lotus to me feels like I'm playing an Arcade game. Brake late, flick the wheel, then power down early. The car, or I should say game, does the rest. Drivers that use a controller must love it because so little steering input is required. The RX-7 on the other hand requires coordination between gas and turning angle to carve out turns...and stay off those inner rumble strips if you want a fast lap. It is a wheel man's car and on this track you'll have to finesse the throttle find the fastest times.

First 2 turns aside, both combos made for some very challenging and fun reverse-grid racing.

Back