◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,668 comments
CAgrown805 looking for good league to race in i would like to get a chance to test
@CAgrown805,
Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by midnight EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Pre-empting the early Saturday @dabneyd antagonists...I am sure @zer05ive will update page one when he gets time. Here is summary - Checking hp/pp in a few min.

YES, WE HAVE THE NEW COMBOS!!!

Carryover:

Ferrari Dino 246 GT '71 (Sport Hard tires) - 201 hp / 420 PP
At Monza (with Chicanes - 5 laps)

Modified:

Caterham Seven Fireblade '02
Lotus Elise Race Car '96 (Racing Hard tires) - 182 hp / 504 PP
At Cote d'Azur (6 laps based on @chatva 1:41 times)

Brand New:

Mazda RX-7 Touring Car (Racing Hard Tires) - 486 hp / 577 PP
At Silverstone International (10 laps - based off @chatva 1:04 times[/quote]

Yes, @unitedstomper - based on your UK timezone, we would start about 2:30 am and race about 2 hours depending on PSN Network issues. Keep an eye on Daylight Savings time - we do not change clocks the same weekend!

Last edited:
cheers do you know roughly how long I sent my time trail time about 12/13 hours ago.

To be a little more precise;

The league organizers are currently processing Promotion and Relegation for the over 100 drivers in the league.
There will be no official Sunday night races tomorrow.
You may not get a notification for what division you are in until February 8th, which is when the Driver's list for the February season will be finalized and published.
The morning of the 9th of February (your early afternoon most likely) you will receive a PM letting you know what Division you'll be racing in that night.

Patience my friend.

All will be well and all manner o' things will be well.

Please don't antagonize the local curmudgeon.

Only since @Apmaddock left...

@unitedstomper - we are not racing tomorrow. The Super Bowl tends to affect attendance on the racing grid so it is an 'off' night. There may be a few folks racing or practicing. Just post on the thread when you are heading into the online lobby, set up a room (page 1 lists settings we use) and you are likely to have folks drop by.

By the way, our Football is a bit different than yours... Although this still surprises some Brits...

aW5rAtA.jpg

Last edited:

The league organizers are currently processing Promotion and Relegation for the over 100 drivers in the league.
You may not get a notification for what division you are in until February 8th, which is when the Driver's list for the February season will be finalized and published.
The morning of the 9th of February (your early afternoon most likely) you will receive a PM letting you know what Division you'll be racing in that night.

Patience my friend.

That's right @Dragonwhisky 👍

@JLBowler and I should have the February season sorted out later today.

Shortly after that's done, the pm's to @samson10127, @Silent Drifter and @unitedstomper will be sent 👍

Can someone give me a quick rundown on what adjusting brake balance does? I never touch my brake balance so it stays at 5/5.

Step 1) Read this...
http://stoptech.com/technical-suppo...ias-and-performance-why-brake-balance-matters

Step 2) Try some common remedies for the game...
Understeer while braking: increase rear level
Oversteer while braking: decrease rear level

Step 3) Remember that it is all driver preference and wheel vs controller plays a big part in that preference. However most people do well in MR cars with a very low rear bias, without it the cars tend to swap ends if you turn and brake at the same time.

Step 4) Keep in mind that ABS can often hide the true nature of the brake balance. Turning ABS off will help you figure out which tires are locking up first.

Patience my friend.

That's right @Dragonwhisky 👍

@JLBowler and I should have the February season sorted out later today.

Shortly after that's done, the pm's to @samson10127, @Silent Drifter and @unitedstomper will be sent 👍

What they said.

Step 1) Read this...
http://stoptech.com/technical-suppo...ias-and-performance-why-brake-balance-matters

Step 2) Try some common remedies for the game...
Understeer while braking: increase rear level
Oversteer while braking: decrease rear level

Step 3) Remember that it is all driver preference and wheel vs controller plays a big part in that preference. However most people do well in MR cars with a very low rear bias, without it the cars tend to swap ends if you turn and brake at the same time.

Step 4) Keep in mind that ABS can often hide the true nature of the brake balance. Turning ABS off will help you figure out which tires are locking up first.

I'm havin issues keeping the Lotus straight, especially in rascasse. What kind of brake balance do you wheel users use for this car?

I was running 5/3 the other night but may change to 5/2 or 5/1. The trick with Rascasse is to find a straight line that takes you right to the apex and do all your braking before turn-in. Carve a tight loop and power down as soon as you see the second apex.

I'm havin issues keeping the Lotus straight, especially in rascasse. What kind of brake balance do you wheel users use for this car?
You must be not starting wide enough and/or braking too late (causing you to need steering input while braking). Find the straight line that will allow you to brake first and then keep the car really tight to the right until the 2nd apex. 5/5 brake balance for me as always but I'll try to do some reading and try other combos.

I did on Sundays, Goat.

I do. It seems more in the spirit of spec racing. If we could ban the break adjustment we probably would.
That is guaranteed. zer0 has said as much. But, in truth, if we had the option to pick any one thing to tune, that should be the one. Hypothetically of course. This one thing actually is oft talked about, meaning that most people have access to the same settings at least one other driver is using. Further, it is not a hard thing to tune, unlike suspension , LSD, and the transmissions. More importantly though, is that it can go a long way in taming a car that is otherwise hard to control under braking.

Last edited:
I do. It seems more in the spirit of spec racing. If we could ban the break adjustment we probably would.

If we could ban the brake adjustments there wouldn't be a probably about it. It would be banned. It's Spec racing. Everybody should be using the same car with the same setup. Changing any setting on the car is tuning and it shouldn't be allowed.

Personally, I have tried playing with the brake balance but I find it easier to adjust my foot rather than try and play with the setting and just end up leaving it at 5/5 for Sunday races.

I don't see why you would ban this adjustment... If you have a car that spun everytime you touch the brake, you're not going to enjoy your evening.

You got to enjoy the car first, then you can enjoy the race.

For me the brakes on lotus are fine the way they are at 5/5. It's the crazy lift off oversteer that is the problem. The trick is to keep your foot on the gas all the time, but don't over push it or it'll understeer into the wall. This should be fairly easy for left foot breakers. I right foot brake, but it's still manageable, the only troublesome corner for me is portier.

The mazda on the other hand is siiiiiiiick :dopey: One of the best cars in the game for me (at least out of those i tried). Good choice Chuyler 👍 It would've been even better if you chose GP track :)

Dose anyone just run STOCK 5/5 BB (like me) setting anymore?
I do as well. I tried to change it before on some cars but it didn't really do anything for my lap times. Though it does help keeping some fast cars like Sauber under control.

I don't see why you would ban this adjustment... If you have a car that spun everytime you touch the brake, you're not going to enjoy your evening.

You got to enjoy the car first, then you can enjoy the race.

Like I said. I can adjust my foot just as easily as I can adjust a setting on the car. Adjusting one's foot is not tuning the car while adjusting the setting on the car is.

Even in a real spec race I could use a better pad on the front essentially changing my bias. ;)

So yea brake adjustments are not changing the cars power or handling. They just allow a driver to drive better and many times cleaner.

Last edited:
Even in a real spec race I could a better pad on the front essentially changing my bias. ;)

So yea brake adjustments are not changing the cars out power or handling. They just allow a driver to drive better and many times cleaner.

I'm confused. A better brake pad that would presumably decrease the braking distance of a car doesn't change it's handling? So changing the brake balance in game in order to stabilize a car under braking doesn't change it's handling either?

If a driver wants to driver better and cleaner, they just need to adjust themselves to do so.

Edit: As a side note, if you were running in a series that required all the cars to be identically prepared, wouldn't putting an upgraded brake pad on the front of the car be cheating?

I never change the brakes. Tuning prohibited is tuning prohibited. Changing the brake balance is a form of tuning.

I drive em like I bought em.

Everyone who says how much better the car feels or handles after changing the brake balance....that's the definition of tuning :)

Last edited:
You know, in theory, even in spec racing, brake balance could easily be manipulated. Unless a specific brake pad brand and model are specified, running pads of different material can effectively change your brake balance. Running some duralast craptastics up front to drop the front rate and some hawk blues in the back toraise the grab back there.or vise versa, what ever combo you need to get what you want. Of course this is in theory, and I am sure the actual results will be far different then I assume. and brake fade with the duralast would probably set in way to fast.

Latest Posts

Back