◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,790 comments
Banner photo entries. I realized that Fuji isn't really a photogenic track but I made it work:crazy:. Bathurst is just stunning during the sunset:drool:. Anyway.......how'd I do?:confused::confused:

FujiSpeedwayGT_zpsc928cc23.jpg

FujiSpeedwayGT_1_zpsf19d4318.jpg

FujiSpeedwayGT_2_zpsb9454fab.jpg

MountPanoramaMotorRacingCircuit_zpsd0bd8806.jpg

MountPanoramaMotorRacingCircuit_1_zpsa46eb52a.jpg

MountPanoramaMotorRacingCircuit_2_zps376f37eb.jpg

MountPanoramaMotorRacingCircuit_3_zpsed06f161.jpg

Nice pics!

I have now finished reviewing all this week's incidents. We have a few remaining incidents I would like to try to get to 100% views (5 steward reviews per inquiry) - more eyes are better.

Just stumbled across this - a sinkhole at the national corvette museum swallowed 8 cars. Some video at this site also.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/12/us/national-corvette-museum-cars-fall/

Tried a quick lap on Panorama with the DS3 before wife kicked me off the PS3 - that car seems like a pretty cool match for that track! I can envision some great racing - with a bit of judicious caution on the mountain areas.

Last edited:
I think the track is pretty, but I am not yet a huge fan of racing Mt. Panorama. :indiff:

I am looking forward to these combos. :cheers: And since school was cancelled yet again... I can practice a bit today once I finish up temporary 'other duties as assigned or delegated' this morning. 👍

Ok, after those replays, and the 110% chance I will be dragged out to the sledding hill. ;) Then I can practice.
nice, enjoy the canada. if you dont got snow tires on, dont drive in the crap.

I saw a lot of requests for the track and its one I need to learn myself. I was prepared to bring the Elise to the track (which is amazing BTW, that car sticks almost every corner on rails). When I was granted the A prize it took me a while to find something else that wouldn't top out on the straight, that didn't overpower the uphill turns, and didn't understeer into every barrier. There will be lots of passing opportunities with this car/track combo. I just urge drivers not to attempt to be aggressive or make up time on the first portion of the downhill. If you wait to brake until just before "The Dipper", you'll be using your car as a roadblock shortly after.
Unless you are Shane van Gisbergen. lol

I was just given some PS3 time for a bit (until kids back from sledding); firing up now.
We Got Over 10 Inches Of Snow Here In The Western Tip Of Virginia. The Biggest Of The Year So Far And Definitely Good Sledding Material. How Much Snow Is In Herndon?

14-16 inches. Kids are loving it.

Room up

1472-6399-9009-5383-4813

Disconnected. Still there Hooker?

Now disco'd 3 times in 3 days.

2 times in 700 days prior...

Last edited:
I heard that corvette museum sinkhole thing this morning on the radio... heartbroken...
The radio host was telling it like someone had died, he was devastated. I wonder what's causing this phenomena that apparently has been happening quite often, especially in the US.

I was out there last year for work. The corvette museum is in Bowling Green Kentucky, right on top of the largest network of caves in the US, including Mammoth Cave. It was just a matter of time.

Yeah... The Elise/Fuji combo leads to really "close" racing but it's mostly about who can catch the draft and avoid bouncing the limiter and not necessarily driving skill. Also, bump drafting is not allowed, right?

I'm %99.9 sure bump drafting on straights is allowed.
OLR
10: Group Battle:

D:

When approaching a battle with 2 or more cars, be extra careful since those cars can change driving lines quickly when trying to defend/overtake. The cars in front will already be driving close, so finding a good overtaking spot is much harder. The same rules apply as when overtaking a single car.When you get 'locked up' in a group battle on the straights, you are not allowed to bump the driver in front of you in order to free yourself out of that situation. Stay behind that driver or move sideways as soon as there's sufficient room to do so. This rule does not restrict bump drafting.
Maybe. I was just thinking of this rule:
OLR
04: Rules Governing Car Contact:

A:
Contacts
and collisions must be avoided at all costs.

Also I think it might be useful to remind people that they cannot weave back and forth on the straights to disrupt a pass (and also would apply to disrupting draft opportunity, right?)

OLR
9: Defensive Driving:

A:

Leading cars have the right to choose their own line down a straight. They can change their racing line once while driving down a straight (Move from the outside line to the inside, or vice versa). As they approach the next corner, they can return to the racing line of their choice. However, they are not allowed to change their line when the behind driver is directly behind and changes his line to try and make a pass.

Last edited:
Back