◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,670 comments
I really wanted to see an update today when I woke up but nothing still,:boggled: I guess next week.:rolleyes:

Also I can't get d6 replays to work, I keep getting a broken file, same as last week.

Hrm... Guess that January Community Update must have helped with replays as well....

It looks good until I put it on the PS3, then it is one broken file on my thumbdrive and all I can do is delete it. This hapened to me last week for D6 but others were able to use them. Wierd. I am doing it the same for all files and every other one has worked, I don't get it?

I think...
12612781314_f7a265ce12_h.jpg

it seems that it goes to saved data then handlebar the replay. I think it is that handlebar title is messing it up?

Yes - copy those files, then paste - they go inside your PS3/Savedata folder - the extra folder is getting you.

NinjaDragon.... or was it a DragonNinja?

Well, glad combo 1 is gone. I would suggest keep the Silverstone circuit and run some slightly slower cars there since the consensus was most people didn't like the RX7 (I actually liked that combo). Maybe something like a M3 CSL or if you want a race car maybe something a little more tame like the Lutecia Trophy '00 or the new Megane Trophy '11. I even like the Arta Garaiya but you can't paint it...boo. The track is a little too dull for anything below 450pp.

For prize A I think what people need right now is a FF car below 450pp on a track like SSR5, GP/F, Motegi or along those lines. Not too small or confined due to our large grids but with enough curves that let the track flow.

A lot of the new guys (guys who joined when GT6 hit) haven't seen the splendor of SNAIL racing on a really great combo yet. I haven't seen a really GREAT combo choice in months.

Just my opinion. I used to dream what cool ass combo I'd choose, but after months of Drivetrain Challenge on Tuesday nights (shameless plug for snail racing tonight) I would choose a fun FF car. We have some really great bumper to bumper action on the weirdest cars. Awhile ago @JLBowler and I happened to choose the same Peugeot 106 S16 at Tsukuba and we were literally bumper to bumper for all 14 laps. We were laughing out loud like giddy teenagers talking smack etc.

Good times....

Gosh, I really hate missing a Sunday for work travel. Maybe I should have just brought my PS3 with me and DS3'd it from the hotel in Ecuador?

Side note- how often do we see guys getting a 100? I haven't seen one yet, but there were a bunch of 90+ in last week's finishes.

Gosh, I really hate missing a Sunday for work travel. Maybe I should have just brought my PS3 with me and DS3'd it from the hotel in Ecuador?

Side note- how often do we see guys getting a 100? I haven't seen one yet, but there were a bunch of 90+ in last week's finishes.
There have been a few 100 point nights. Maybe 5. It doesn't happen often, and it hasn't happened since we went to GT6. I think it was maybe 4 or 5 months ago, maybe longer when the last one happened.

I'd like to see the RX-7 run the full Silverstone circuit...but that may not constitute enough of a change for those that voted it off.
I think people voted the car off, not the track...from the talk I have heard.

If the money limit was raised to $500k OMG there are some really nice and controllable GT300 cars that all divisions could have fun with. Granted they are low power, high grip cars, but I do believe the racing would be extremely close with something like the Impreza GT300 Base Model or the Lexus GT300 Base Model. But alas...it is not to be.

Most of the FF's on Kudosprime (http://www.kudosprime.com/gt6/carlist.php?max_price=250000&order=pp_ini&start=0&drive=FF) look pretty good for Silverstone IMHO. I have to admit I'm partial to the vintage, (pre '75 classic FR types, usually under 410 PP) - Lotus Elan/Spitfire/the epic Fairlady 2000 or Cosmo Sport, and so on.

Either way, I'll drive whatever combo we get on Sunday, hopefully better than I drove this week. I self reported from the first couple of races then I ran out of gas (aka fell asleep) early.

Back to the salt mines and the headache inducing perils of February - why is the Constitution so hard to understand?
:banghead::banghead: It's just Rock-Paper-Scissors for control, or it should be, and deciding your country can't function like the kid in Home Alone I (aka original Articles of Confederation = nobody tells anyone what to do, nothing gets done, nobody makes any money, and somehow you defeat the bigger guy through luck that nobody should be betting their life on).

I think we're planning on going up a bit in March, Joe.

Finding a car that will go more than 2 laps and not hit the limiter in the draft is likely the reason LeMans hasn't been picked.

Lemans? Really? It's just wide open the whole time...like Route X with a few chicanes. Never liked that track.

It's Nothing Like Route-X What You Talking About? With The Right Car It Would Be Great Close Racing

I think...
12612781314_f7a265ce12_h.jpg

it seems that it goes to saved data then handlebar the replay. I think it is that handlebar title is messing it up?

Goat, if you're using Windows 7, look for an application called "Snipping Tool" under "Accessories" in the start menu. If you're in Windows 8, move your mouse to the top right and click on the magnifying glass and search for Snipping Tool. This will allow you to take screen shots and not have to take a picture with your phone.

I've had some fun races at le Sarthe...but they have involved full damage, tire wear, and took over an hour to complete. In a 10 minute sprint there just isn't enough time to settle in. People will be going full force into very difficult braking zones, half the field will end up in the sand trap, and those who survive the first lap will be spread out. There really isn't much opportunity for wheel to wheel racing beyond draft passing the first two straights.

Latest Posts

Back