◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,789 comments
Well guys. idk what to tell you .I feel like im on my last leg. I think im done with snail. All I do is make peoples live miserable when I race. I hate getting complaints. I don't even try to fight the incident report simply because I know im an idiot when I race. Is struggling so much and I absolutely hate it. Its so damn depressing. If I cannot even do a good job around other cars then what is the point of having speed. What was the point of me practing by myself in lobbies for hours until my arms hurt. What was the point if I cannot yield the fruit of my hard work. I go all over the online scene desperately trying to find the answer as to my style of racecraft and yet it frustrates me that after 3 months I still have not found the answer. IM sick and tired of spinning out and crashing. Im sick and tired of making the racing experience worse for others. Im tired of myself. Whats the point in being fast when being fast is becoming my biggest curse. I hate this. I feel like im stuck in a cycle I cannot get out of. I want to grow and im desperately trying to continue to grow. I want to break this cycle desperately but I feel like im stuck and at my end. IM tired guys. IM very tired
I'll send you a friend request in the next couple of days....I'll go on the track with you.

ok I get it guys. I read what was said. I cant believe I started 2 pages worth of comments. Sorry about that. It seems failure is not an option here. If anything I guess its being a coward. But I think im going to start myself over. Im going to reteach myself how to drive and try harder to fix flaws. I wont quit snail. Seems the SNAIL family is just toooo strong to say no to. Ill be online soon. Practicing. Like normal. Because I want GT Academy.

ok I get it guys. I read what was said. I cant believe I started 2 pages worth of comments. Sorry about that. It seems failure is not an option here. If anything I guess its being a coward. But I think im going to start myself over. Im going to reteach myself how to drive and try harder to fix flaws. I wont quit snail. Seems the SNAIL family is just toooo strong to say no to. Ill be online soon. Practicing. Like normal. Because I want GT Academy.
Last guy who did that nearly made it to Silverstone and is regularly one of d1s top racers. I have a feeling it will work out well for you.

D2 scores and votes entered (last night)

D2 replays have been uploaded! Have fun stewards!

@K1utch SAVE YOUR REPLAYS! Being able to see what you've been penalized for is a great way to avoid getting hammered for them in the future. Being able to watch someone else's race is like getting the answers for free!

Here's a secret to clean racing. Stop practicing perfect lines. Drive the lines you don't want to take. That's where your opponents will try to make you go. If you know what to expect when you find yourself off the line and into the marbles, the spins will decrease significantly.

Miss your brake and turn in points, on purpose, sacrifice whatever you have to, to keep you car under control and in bounds. You have to learn what your car will do under these conditions before you can understand and decide what to do to keep the reins in your hands when 'Ol Bessy takes the bit in 'er teeth. Most of my practices run this way, and not always on purpose.

It makes a big difference when you know people TRUST you to do the right thing. If you drive like an ass then you will get treated like an ass. When you make contact and drive away on a nightly basis, you should expect retaliation. People will shut the door on you everywhere and do whatever they can to make your life miserable during the race...oftentimes just to force you into being a dumbass.

When you finally learn racecraft and to RESPECT ALL your fellow drivers as EQUALS, then demonstrate this on track, your racing experience will be much more enjoyable.

Other drivers will give you room when they know you have the speed or better lines in certain situations. They will be more likely to work WITH you rather than against you on the track. If you are battling for 2nd place with another driver, 1st place is driving off into the sunset. When you gain respect, you will find others working with you to catch that 1st place guy.

Last night @racefan78 and I were 1st/2nd at Spa for almost the entire race. We have raced together for a long time in SNAIL. Instead of working against each other and slowing each other down, we worked together and pulled out a nice lead. He bobbled a couple of times...but attempting a pass in those spots would have been risky. I probably could have made it stick "legally" but I would not have felt good about it and there was a chance one of us could have gone off or made contact. So we continued to give each other room in those moments and I tucked in behind to help push when I could.

There are many people in SNAIL that I know I can trust not to put me in the weeds and vice versa. Due to mutual respect, friendship and camaraderie.

When I know a known a-hole is coming up behind me, I will make it my personal mission to make sure he comes out on the bottom...within the rules of course ;) Don't make people treat you like this.

Maybe try to make a list of all the people who you can drive with like that. If the list is short, then get out there and gain some respect...by giving it.

Slight edit to avoid "double post" trouble...
Try to think of all the people here that you KNOW are good and respected racers but have never driven with them before. How do you know they are good racers? Reputation gained by treating others with respect. I have moved from D2 to D1 to D2 to D3. Each time I looked at the driver's lineup before the season started and could already tell who I knew I could trust...many of them I had never driven against on the track. Try to be one of them.

Agree Ice Warden, it is very important to be patient for passing in a race. For example, if i end up bumping into another driver while in the process of passing, then i will back off from passing. I try to have as much minimum contact as i can whenever i pass. If i end up off track, i wait till the rest of the drivers have passed for me to get back on track. The online racing league of SNAIL is to have fun, respect the other drivers and just be patient for that pass. Other drivers enjoy me being on the track because they know i am not the type of driver to forcefully push my way to get to first and patient for the pass and i enjoy others on the track as well because SNAIL members are patient when to pass and respect each other on the track.

Here's a secret to clean racing. Stop practicing perfect lines. Drive the lines you don't want to take. That's where your opponents will try to make you go. If you know what to expect when you find yourself off the line and into the marbles, the spins will decrease significantly.

Miss your brake and turn in points, on purpose, sacrifice whatever you have to, to keep you car under control and in bounds. You have to learn what your car will do under these conditions before you can understand and decide what to do to keep the reins in your hands when 'Ol Bessy takes the bit in 'er teeth. Most of my practices run this way, and not always on purpose.
oh my god that makes perfect sense. Ill re work the way I learn the course ill learn multiple line and perfect those lines> That is what dogfighting is all about.. I think you just said something that piqued my interest big time

I haven't raced single player much, but, would it be worth the effort to match your car to AI speeds and practice working around them?

Last edited:
Need steps how to join again got deleted
@techleo,
Here you go:
Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

oh my god that makes perfect sense. Ill re work the way I learn the course ill learn multiple line and perfect those lines> That is what dogfighting is all about.. I think you just said something that piqued my interest big time
this may seem corny, but in your off time watch initial d fourth and fifth stage(thats when they start focusing on grip racing rather then drifting) hahaha

I haven't raced single family player much, but, would it be worth the effort to match your car to AI speeds and practice working around them?

There is something to be learned there. I don't know that it matters what car you choose but the thing to learn is how to make passes without contact using lines you wouldn't normally use. Having the other car there forces you to use the other line and doesn't allow you to be off a little bit. If you are off a little bit, you make contact and then you should let the AI car go and try again at another spot.

There may not be much to gain from racing the AI, but you can learn different lines because they will be on their scripted lines.

Idk why, but every time I read a post of yours, I am reminded of Initial D. If you haven't, check out that show, I have a feeling you will enjoy it. You should also check out Legends of the Streets in the leagues/clubs section. You might enjoy that kind of racing.

Haha Bayou, glad I wasn't the only one that was reminded of Initial D.

Idk why, but every time I read a post of yours, I am reminded of Initial D. If you haven't, check out that show, I have a feeling you will enjoy it. You should also check out Legends of the Streets in the leagues/clubs section. You might enjoy that kind of racing.

yea i had a feeling he would fit in perfect with the LOTS guys

Another trick to use while practicing...

Drop the PP on your car to handicap yourself. Other drivers will run circles around you but the goal is not to pass but instead just stay in the draft and let the slower drivers pull you around the track.

Division 3 Pictures

Love it or Hate it; Ascari is to me an awesome combo, and I hope it sticks! It really tests you on many levels.

Here the starting grid with @Xradkins at the Pole.

The field quickly got separated in 2 main groups.

Beautiful scene of Bathurst

Lap 1 and this is the Classic Snail Train

Lap 1 and @Xradkins leads @Troggy, @turnupdaheat, @racefan78 and @Wolfsatz and ....

Taking the chicane carefully

In order to protect the identity and not hurt egos; passing was only done by capitalizing on mistakes.

And this one was a double whammy, however this was only possible because Driver Joe use good judgement and did not jump into the racing line to be a slow moving obstacle.

@Troggy shows perfect form coming off the Hill; @racefan78 followed by @Wolfsatz and @turnupdaheat

Spa Race 1, 1st Lap Specially dedicated to @K1utch

Battle for 4th. @Wolfsatz takes advantage of @Troggy going wide and unable to hit the throttle

@intoflatlines displays his colours following @JLBowler

My highlight of the night. High Risk pass on DW at Les Combes without taking @LeoStrop out which closed the door. A few months ago I would've taken Leo out.
This one felt really good. @Xradkins leads the pack.

2nd highlight of the night; X takes Eau Rogue pretty safely and this is one of my strongest part of the track. I go for the pass. However, there was slight contact and I lose X from view, he ran wide but did not lost much speed; I lift off and X and DW go flying by me before Les Combes. This is playing safely in order to avoid a complaint.

Trying to get back to DW and X, I charge up and take Les Combes hard and out of line; in my rear view mirror I see @LeoStrop and I want to go faster. This leads to tires spinning and slight tail whip at Bruxelles, Leo does not hesitate and goes for the pass.

I fight off Leo coming off 11 and ended up in the rumble strip, my impatience gets the better of me and throttle up over the rumble strip which leads to this.

Spa reverse grid before Les Combes and another beautiful Snail Train.

@racefan78 leads @fzappa, @JoeW and @JLBowler

... At Les Combes I bumped the car ahead of me and again to prevent any incidents lift off which means pretty much the whole field passes by. Tried to push hard to follow @Troggy at Blancimont to take 18 at full throttle, which again finds me the lovely rumble strip; I go from 5th, to 9th to dead last! I am thinking I should just pit and throw myself out the window :ouch::grumpy:. However I am not a quitter! I get back on the asphalt....

Somewhere else about 30 seconds ahead of me and to protect the identity of the involved

1 lap later I am able to regain 1 spot

1 lap later some time 30 seconds ahead of me, 2 not related and separate incidents at Les Combes

... and again... Moral of the story. I threw away my best combo and the possibility from my first win in D3; I should've bagged the reverse grid from 5th, but my impatience and heavy foot did not allow me to 'DRIVE' the car first. I was able to regain 3 spots by not giving up and thanks to other's similar mistakes.

The night ended with my diso'd during qualifying on the 3rd round; and since it was a friends only room I could not get back to it. :eek::drool::irked::ouch::rolleyes::yuck: Thanks for the WC for having me for the 1st two rounds. I may be able to get some pix from them soon.

Last edited:
No matter what track your at you will love it

I did the Mario Andrei Experience a couple years ago at Charlotte Motor Speedway. It was awesome!

Attachments

• IMG_50370979218042.jpeg
    IMG_50370979218042.jpeg
    80.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_50385390503441.jpeg
    IMG_50385390503441.jpeg
    138.7 KB · Views: 9
Great review @Wolfsatz!

I saw your pass over DW from my rear-view mirror, i thought you would hit me for a moment, well done!

And after that the rumble-strip trap made one more victim.:D

I did the Mario Andrei Experience a couple years ago at Charlotte Motor Speedway. It was awesome!

Ditto! It is amazing. I'd like to do it driving myself sometime (I only did the ride along option). Groupon FTW :cheers:

I did mine at at Indy Motor Speedway the week of the 500, so we had a special guest driver! :D

253396_10100291845131858_1695640430_n.jpg

mmmmmmmmmmmmm lower pp huh? then allll races I wont use oil or chassis reinforcement just to spice it up a bit

I'm on my phone so I won't say much but you have improved tonnes. I will be on more often this week hopefully and we can explore more things in the world of racecraft. I found myself in a lot of difficult situations last night as we have a larger number of participants. On the drive through the field in race #2s and I was frustrated with the way they drive but these things and how you work through traffic depends on many factors. But I would say I have learned a lot after joining Snail.

There is a saying that I keep telling myself, every day at the race track is a good day because you learn something new. I believe that should apply to online sim racing as well. Always look at the positive gains. Don't just think about how to shave time. Even when you are practicing alone, simulate situations in your mind, what if you need to make a pass, how would you set up the previous corner to get a better position to attack, how much of a gap you need to maintain to the car in front so you can get on the gas earlier and a better exit.

On the flip side I feel frustrated that I am not as quick as you in most cases and I need to dedicate myself more to become a better driver myself. That is my attitude towards racing. I will NEVER EVER think of calling quits.

My wife had to twist my arm a little,

246809_3247948892667_1083395257_n.jpg

But she took me to the Andretti thing at Kentucky speedway a couple summer's ago.
251044_10152302715655207_241417874_n.jpg

Son was there as well.
63101_10152302715405207_951289448_n.jpg

We both made it to the 150+ club, although I managed a couple MPHs more than him. He didn't like that much either. I did though.

I'll confirm with Allen Berg, but I believe it means two seats in one session. Although he may not have an issue with you using one seat in two sessions. Will let you know as soon as I hear back from him.

Congrats on the win.
What is the cost for this?? Minus air travel of course.....

D3 data has been entered to the Results Doc for 3/16/14

Pole Lap Honors:
Round 1 (Renaultsport Clio @ Ascari): @Xradkins 2:26.335
Round 2 (Megane Trophy Base Model @ Spa): @LeoStrop 2:27.240
Round 3 (X2014 Junior @ Autumn Ring): @Troggy 1:07.836

Fast Lap honors:
Round 1 Race 1 : @Xradkins 2:26.876
Round 1 Race 2 : @Xradkins 2:26.910

Round 2 Race 1 : TIE - @Xradkins @Dragonwhisky 2:26.691
Round 2 Race 2 : @LeoStrop 2:26.472

Round 3 Race 1 : @Troggy 1:07.946
Round 3 Race 2 : @turnupdaheat 1:08.234

Dominant night by @Xradkins and some great racing overall. We had a tie for fast lap in Round 2 Race 1, something I can't say I've seen before.

Thanks to @nmcp1 for the nice layout!

Division 3 Pictures

Love it or Hate it; Ascari is to me an awesome combo, and I hope it sticks! It really tests you on many levels.

Here the starting grid with @Xradkins at the Pole.

The field quickly got separated in 2 main groups.

Beautiful scene of Bathurst

Lap 1 and this is the Classic Snail Train

Lap 1 and @Xradkins leads @Troggy, @turnupdaheat, @racefan78 and @Wolfsatz and ....

Taking the chicane carefully

In order to protect the identity and not hurt egos; passing was only done by capitalizing on mistakes.

And this one was a double whammy, however this was only possible because Driver Joe use good judgement and did not jump into the racing line to be a slow moving obstacle.

@Troggy shows perfect form coming off the Hill; @racefan78 followed by @Wolfsatz and @turnupdaheat

Spa Race 1, 1st Lap Specially dedicated to @K1utch

Battle for 4th. @Wolfsatz takes advantage of @Troggy going wide and unable to hit the throttle

@intoflatlines displays his colours following @JLBowler

My highlight of the night. High Risk pass on DW at Les Combes without taking @LeoStrop out which closed the door. A few months ago I would've taken Leo out.
This one felt really good. @Xradkins leads the pack.

2nd highlight of the night; X takes Eau Rogue pretty safely and this is one of my strongest part of the track. I go for the pass. However, there was slight contact and I lose X from view, he ran wide but did not lost much speed; I lift off and X and DW go flying by me before Les Combes. This is playing safely in order to avoid a complaint.

Trying to get back to DW and X, I charge up and take Les Combes hard and out of line; in my rear view mirror I see @LeoStrop and I want to go faster. This leads to tires spinning and slight tail whip at Bruxelles, Leo does not hesitate and goes for the pass.

I fight off Leo coming off 11 and ended up in the rumble strip, my impatience gets the better of me and throttle up over the rumble strip which leads to this.

Spa reverse grid before Les Combes and another beautiful Snail Train.

@racefan78 leads @fzappa, @JoeW and @JLBowler

... At Les Combes I bumped the car ahead of me and again to prevent any incidents lift off which means pretty much the whole field passes by. Tried to push hard to follow @Troggy at Blancimont to take 18 at full throttle, which again finds me the lovely rumble strip; I go from 5th, to 9th to dead last! I am thinking I should just pit and throw myself out the window :ouch::grumpy:. However I am not a quitter! I get back on the asphalt....

Somewhere else about 30 seconds ahead of me and to protect the identity of the involved

1 lap later I am able to regain 1 spot

1 lap later some time 30 seconds ahead of me, 2 not related and separate incidents at Les Combes

... and again... Moral of the story. I threw away my best combo and the possibility from my first win in D3; I should've bagged the reverse grid from 5th, but my impatience and heavy foot did not allow me to 'DRIVE' the car first. I was able to regain 3 spots by not giving up and thanks to other's similar mistakes.

The night ended with my diso'd during qualifying on the 3rd round; and since it was a friends only room I could not get back to it. :eek::drool::irked::ouch::rolleyes::yuck: Thanks for the WC for having me for the 1st two rounds. I may be able to get some pix from them soon.
Great photos, as always, @Wolfsatz !

No need to go monochrome on me, everyone knows my car is the bright blue one that's facing the wrong direction! :D

Back