◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,696 comments
The Alfa is an OK combo. It burns through tires quickly so my lap times fluctuate by about 5 seconds give or take. I've hit one 2:45 but mostly I'm around 2:47. I don't know how good the racing is going to be. It won't be difficult to pass slower drivers but the braking zones require quite a bit of precision and drivers of equal ability will have trouble staying on each other's bumpers. I expect lots of accidents, probably close to the number seen with the Redbull, because of how the car reacts to touching certain rumble strips. Some can be used to rotate the car...others will rotate the car when you don't expect it....and if you're expecting it to rotate and you miss, your car will turn into a pinball as you bounce off the barriers.

Alfa Romeo 8C competincione '08 at Cape Ring is the NEW combo pick. Enjoy!
Thanks for the suggestions all. I assume Nick's pick would be the eduro car he mentioned earlier, but anyway I'm about to head to bed. One suggestion I have tested already and found both interesting to drive and likely to produce good racing at Ascari.

And the pick is

wait for it

Honda Integra Type R (DC5) Touring Car!
Thanks for making your Prize A and Prize B selections. Again, sorry for the mess this week. I should have realized that @fizzer had already won the same prize this season (just last week in fact :ouch:)

Anyways, the March 23rd lineup has been posted! :gtpflag:

Huge thanks to @JLBowler for helping to sort out my mess. And @Troggy, are you able to do banners like you did a while back? :D

Alfa 8C... :drool:

I may want to paint the world blue, but any color on this car other than Rosso Alfa just seems wrong.

Banner Photo Time!!!

AscariFullTrack_10_zps10c08586.jpg

AscariFullTrack_11_zpscd07958f.jpg

AscariFullTrack_12_zpsf0c621cc.jpg

AscariFullTrack_13_zpsf289a8dc.jpg

AscariFullTrack_14_zps298e9f25.jpg

AscariFullTrack_15_zps255ebec1.jpg

AscariFullTrack_16_zpsc5fd87df.jpg

AscariFullTrack_17_zps8c23a06c.jpg

AscariFullTrack_18_zpsb23fefdf.jpg

CapeRing_zps6603f7cf.jpg

CapeRing_1_zps13485893.jpg

CapeRing_2_zpsb8dffb4d.jpg

CapeRing_3_zps55d9bcd9.jpg

CapeRing_4_zps9281ad4e.jpg

CapeRing_5_zpsd42e46b5.jpg

CapeRing_6_zpsb4f9412c.jpg

CapeRing_7_zps996e265f.jpg

CapeRing_8_zpsbcfe155a.jpg

How do ya think they came out?? Which one is the best??:confused:

If you can time a downshift flame burst (afterburner) in the air with the Alfa that would be gorgeous

Banner Photo Time!!
How do ya think they came out?? Which one is the best??:confused:

Those are some great pics. For some reason, the second from the top is just amazing to me. I had to keep getting closer to the monitor to prove to myself that it was a GT6 pic and not real.

I like the alfa drifting one too.

Let's see how my updated info looks

One more time to see my caption.

How do you get the footer that some people have on the bottom of their replies? Such as fizzer's reply shows this league and his division number.

Last edited:
I am going to try a post to see if more of my captions show up. I am only double posting just to try this. OK, I found it. Thanks.

@rob1nh000d do you talk to yourself often outside of forum posting?
Only when it's really late or I'm under extreme driving frustration:mad:. btw, how do you get the @person's ID, in the body of the message. Is there a shortcut key? See, here is another example of me discovering something when I ask the question. When I typed the @ sign it turned the next word into a link apparently. @KTR5 -- oh, a button appeared. I see. lol.

Last edited:
A question regarding used PS3's. I'm trying to price out the triple screen setup. Looking around craigslist in my area, it seems that I could find used PS3's in the $150-180 range each (sometimes getting a controller or 2 w/ games and cables). Is that a reasonable price? I haven't looked into the used prices at stores, like gamestop or another local place, but I figured they'd be more expensive anyways.

Thoughts?

A question regarding used PS3's. I'm trying to price out the triple screen setup. Looking around craigslist in my area, it seems that I could find used PS3's in the $150-180 range each (sometimes getting a controller or 2 w/ games and cables). Is that a reasonable price? I haven't looked into the used prices at stores, like gamestop or another local place, but I figured they'd be more expensive anyways.

Thoughts?

That seems pretty steep for a used console, not to mention you are taking a risk buying off CL in the first place. Near me, I see several offerings for 100-120 bucks, with a controller included. I'd say keep looking.

HI. I would like to compete this sunday on the west coast time slot. I tried to do this last year but I got injured. Do I need to do a new time trial? also are you still doing oil changes on your races being that the cars lose power after awhile? thanks

Those are some great pics. For some reason, the second from the top is just amazing to me. I had to keep getting closer to the monitor to prove to myself that it was a GT6 pic and not real.

I like the alfa drifting one too.
thanks!

Am changing from a Fat PS-3 to a Slim PS-3. Am having some "concerns" about getting all the GT-6 Game Progress transferred. Signed up for a PSN Plus account - so that Fat could be copied to the Cloud and then downloaded to the Slim ........ just not sure of the individual "clicks" along the way. Want it to be a successful experience not a DUH moment.
Can anyone offer some step-by-step suggestions?

Okay so I have many friends who are involved in snail and I am wanting to possible take place in a upcoming race to get a feel for the event. So if someone could give some info on how to get started it would be greatly appreciated. I'm huge into endurance races in the game.

I think if you come to our official practice session tonight you would get a good idea of how SNAIL works. They start at 9:30 eastern. Room numbers will be posted near that time. You can find the 3 cars and 3 tracks we are using in post #2 on page 1. I'd link it, but I'm on my phone.

Back