◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,783 comments
Am changing from a Fat PS-3 to a Slim PS-3. Am having some "concerns" about getting all the GT-6 Game Progress transferred. Signed up for a PSN Plus account - so that Fat could be copied to the Cloud and then downloaded to the Slim ........ just not sure of the individual "clicks" along the way. Want it to be a successful experience not a DUH moment.
Can anyone offer some step-by-step suggestions?

I think this will help.

Thank you sir my only question is how will I know what room cause i know there are different devisions

We typically have 2 practice rooms, BLUE for the faster drivers and RED for the fast drivers (sorry for stealing a karting description of the rooms). If you get an opportunity to run some laps with the Megane car at Spa you can get a decent idea which room might be appropriate. I'd say if you're sub 2:28, then the BLUE room would be appropriate, otherwise head to the RED room.

If you don't get a chance to try out that combo, then I'd say just come to the RED room.

isee the combos now. I did a few laps in th dc5 integra. im at a 2.09.1 I see a 2.07 being possible but ill have to learn a lil more. ill start on the combo soon. take care everyone

isee the combos now. I did a few laps in th dc5 integra. im at a 2.09.1 I see a 2.07 being possible but ill have to learn a lil more. ill start on the combo soon. take care everyone

Haven't tried the DC5 yet but I gotta go to class right now damnit.

I think this will help.
I saw that earlier ....... and it made me nervous. I'm not a very tech savvy person. So, even the simple tasks for others appears daunting to this old codger. I've heard the PSN Cloud approach is easier - and was wondering if anyone else had used it.

I saw that earlier ....... and it made me nervous. I'm not a very tech savvy person. So, even the simple tasks for others appears daunting to this old codger. I've heard the PSN Cloud approach is easier - and was wondering if anyone else had used it.

@TEX36 Just using the term "codger" dates yourself. I'm not one of these youngins either, but that's a term only my grandfather would have used :)

Last edited:

I use it for backup, but I haven't changed ps3's and I did my hdd swap with an external before I had ps+. But I think as long as you just follow the on screen instructions you should be fine. They do try to make it as user friendly as possible. Oddly I can't find any guides on doing it through ps+, sorry. Just make sure you do have everything backed up before you start.

Just make sure you do have everything backed up before you start.

Yeah, I tried that ....... and got all confused. Called PS Customer Service three times and had "communication difficulties" in the first two. Last Rep said her husband races and has used the Cloud frequently. Guess I just need the "White Glove Setup and One-on-One Training" that $35000 will buy. Course that's just the Rig - not the operations.

Last edited:
Guess I just need the "White Glove Setup and One-on-One Training" that $35000 will buy. Course that's just the Rig - not the operations.

:confused: Generation gap?
Even Sony only has a guide for the in room transfer. It's a little more detailed than the one I linked earlier. Hope it helps, or someone with experience transferring data over psn will chime in.

A question regarding used PS3's. I'm trying to price out the triple screen setup. Looking around craigslist in my area, it seems that I could find used PS3's in the $150-180 range each (sometimes getting a controller or 2 w/ games and cables). Is that a reasonable price? I haven't looked into the used prices at stores, like gamestop or another local place, but I figured they'd be more expensive anyways.

Thoughts?
130 to 150 sounds about right

:confused: Generation gap?
Even Sony only has a guide for the in room transfer. It's a little more detailed than the one I linked earlier. Hope it helps, or someone with experience transferring data over psn will chime in.

Thanks I really appreciate your time and thoughts

So guys in the practice rooms have been running Racing hards on the integra, but post#2 says Sports Hards, which is it officially?

I've done it a while back. I did not have to do the ethernet cable transfer thing either. If memory serves me right, these are all the steps i did and it worked. Give this a shot if you'd like.
1. Save game data to memory stick (So you'll have a backup if cloud fails), disconnect old ps3
2. On new ps3, setup your internet connection
3. Sign in on psn using existing account (the one that has all your gt6 data)
4. Check for software updates in xmb menu and update system if needed.
5. While still signed in on psn, load gt6 and install all in game updates.
-Cloud should have everything restored for you at this point.
BUT:
- If game is asking to start new career, quit game, plug in memory stick and copy game data to ps3. Make sure you're still signed in... Start game and you should have everything there (credits, cars, progress, etc).
Let me know if it works, good luck.

I got down to 2.15s last night and felt like I am always spinning the wheels, but if I let go then lose power.. hard to find that perfect throttle control. :eek:

I got down to 2.15s last night and felt like I am always spinning the wheels, but if I let go then lose power.. hard to find that perfect throttle control. :eek:

We were actually at 2:14.mid for our best, but your point is exactly right about spinning tires. Any suggestions from the alien crowd (@dgaf95integra, etc) to minimize the wheel spin?

We were actually at 2:14.mid for our best, but your point is exactly right about spinning tires. Any suggestions from the alien crowd (@dgaf95integra, etc) to minimize the wheel spin?

If you guys want to open a room and I could hop on track with you
Guys that need help and give any pointers/tips with fwd

to help out with the wheel spin guys you need 2 things. First be at bit more senstivie with your steering. No point in over steering the car your just burning tires and slowing your pace down. Its about having a balance between the weight and the understeeer of the fwd when you drive so make sure you don't try to push too hard to come out of a corner mashing the accelerator and burning up your tires your pace is not improving as much as you would think. Instead point the car more towards the exit of a corner and then apply the accelerator its better to get the car more positioned through a turn first before accelerating as you will have more grip with the less steering input you apply. The second thing is sometimes its good to upshift a little early in the car to maintain more grip. It doesn't take much to get the cars wheels to spin when in a straight line and trying to input a steering command late will only make it understeer excessively.. Shortsifting helps a lot as it allows you to maintain the grip in the front tires much better without overstressing them. I know im an aggressive driver lol but its about a good balance between aggression and sensitivity atleast that is what my style is slowly transforming into. I feel the best method for me is a smooth semi aggressive style that compliments the car but does not force the car past itself neither and when you do its only for benefit and not for loss. I hope this helps guys I tried im not the best teacher lol

I'm a bit unclear about a part of the OLR, in the Wrs we can't use the clutch. Does said rule apply to official snail Sunday races?

You may use the clutch. I have never seen a limitation in SNAIL that prohibits it's use.

I've reviewed all incidents for the week.

Back