◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,789 comments
Well I was feeling kinda bummed out about not racing last night... pulled myself out due to lack of practice, but now after hearing about what happened I feel as though I dodged a very large PD server bomb... Weird though, because in the non-competitive room I was in there was no DC's or lag?

D7 data is as complete as I can get it at this point. All places and votes are entered at least.

Is there any additional data that might be in the replay that I just uploaded or the results pic?

Last edited:
Just a quick question. Are online racing times slower than practice times when not in a lobby? If so why?

Traffic jam at an apex?

That and the +1-2 tire mode for not online.

Quality & Consistency Control, man, just go with the lack of flow...

In 3 weeks from now, I'm going to try this baby for a couple of laps. My company's mechanics and the chef engineer have been developing two of this cars for some amateur championship around Ontario and they will perform track tests in three weeks and I didn't shut my mouth until I got the invite to come along and have a feel of a glass fiber body, aluminium tubular chassis with a Suzuki Hyabusa engine on it.
I can't 🤬 wait.
CAM00379.jpg

CAM00381.jpg

CAM00382.jpg

In 3 weeks from now, I'm going to try this baby for a couple of laps. My company's mechanics and the chef engineer have been developing two of this cars for some amateur championship around Ontario and they will perform track tests in three weeks and I didn't shut my mouth until I got the invite to come along and have a feel of a glass fiber body, aluminium tubular chassis with a Suzuki Hyabusa engine on it.
I can't 🤬 wait.
CAM00379.jpg

CAM00381.jpg

CAM00382.jpg

I'm less than 2 hours away from you. What do I have to do to get in that car too?

Is there any additional data that might be in the replay that I just uploaded or the results pic?

Only extra would be best laps.

I don't totally understand it, but isn't this latency?: if the amount of round-trip time of a session, involving packets being sent both ways, is over the limit of what will cause a humanly noticable lag, or push the tcp-ip session (a two-way communication) into a compounding effect which then results in a melt-down -- increasingly worsening situation -- then it has a latency problem. I thought a latency problem refers to the overall time being past tolerances, and is fundamentally determined by all the parts involved in the connection, both the end-nodes, and everything in-between, wired, wireless and equipment, servers, etc. So then latency still involves the person's Internet connection as well? And in this case involves multiple person's connections which would make each one more important than just one? I might have missed your point.
No, you got the point right. What you said is exactly why that number is more important than d/l and u/l speeds. You want that number to be as little as possible. Issues with rooms loosing stability, I believe this may actually be something to do with the software server side. Thats why I am curious what sort of latency we would see if we pinged one of PD's servers. I wonder how far off they are from the GT5 servers. I could pull them from the Bspec grinder app.
You know, in an odd way, we almost perform a denial of server attack every Sunday now. With 90+ people logging in all at once pushing and pulling all sorts of data on top of what already seems to be a shaky infrastructure. I couldn't see that small of a load really being disruptive, but, you never know.

I'm less than 2 hours away from you. What do I have to do to get in that car too?

Only extra would be best laps.

Combo 3, R2 Best Laps RacingChamp 2:31.637 ; rob1nh000d 2:31.979 ; singlepaddy 2.32.770 ; Piler 2:33.294 ; Speer9892007 2:35.093 ; Sharkb8ii 2:37.723 (before he was out) ; CoachMK21 2:32.446 (before he was out) ; blueninjacivic 2:37.412 (before he was out).

Thought I had Combo 3, R1, but dang, forgot to save it. I'm sure someone else in the room said they had that one.

Also, @singlepaddy , I just watched the replay and I want to apologize for bumping you on the long back sweeper. I'm glad I messed up later and you got past me.

Last edited:
Would love to join a novice league. I used to race NASCAR on my computer for 4-years...kind of miss it, so would like to race for a little fun :)

I can't 🤬 wait.
CAM00379.jpg

CAM00381.jpg

CAM00382.jpg
That's Rad!

Would love to join a novice league. I used to race NASCAR on my computer for 4-years...kind of miss it, so would like to race for a little fun :)
@bigjobrob,
You are in luck, we cater to Pro and Novice drivers.
Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

I can't 🤬 wait.
CAM00379.jpg

CAM00381.jpg

CAM00382.jpg
You are going to have a blast!!!! Still my favorite car I've ever driven.

Veteran, perhaps? And probably with high speed experience in other stratographic levels?
You are Welcome, in any case. Just wondering because of the avatar you use.
Flew KC-135, OV-10 Bronco and F-4E. I was a FAC in SEA and the avatar is an Air Force print that could be found in O'clubs and Squadron Hooches all over SEA. It is actually a painting titled "The Fighter Pilot". The background is a map of South East Asia.
No super racing experience just some Formula Ford in the US before that war got in the way-and some production sports car driving in the UK in a Europa twin cam. Now seriously older than I liked to be...but somewhat amazed that I have lived this long. Love to race.

Division 7 Data Summary & Photography
March 16, 2014

Top 5 Scores
1st - @rob1nh000d - 95 points
2nd - @racingchamp30 - 80 points
3rd - @singlepaddy - 76 points
4th - @BayouSimDrifter - 74 points
5th - @Piler - 73 points

Pole Lap Honors:
Round 1 : @rob1nh000d 2:13.125
Round 2 : @rob1nh000d 2:53.265
Round 3 : @racingchamp30 2:30.630

Race Winners:
Round 1 Race 1 : @rob1nh000d
Round 1 Race 2 : @rob1nh000d

Round 2 Race 1 : @rob1nh000d
Round 2 Race 2 : @speer9892003

Round 3 Race 1 : @rob1nh000d
Round 3 Race 2 : @racingchamp30

Fast Lap honors:
Round 1 Race 1 : @rob1nh000d 2:12.431
Round 1 Race 2 : @KTR5 2:12.877

Round 2 Race 1 : @rob1nh000d 2:52.199
Round 2 Race 2 : @Piler 2:53.499

Round 3 Race 1 : @rob1nh000d 2:30.120
Round 3 Race 2 : @racingchamp30 2:31.637

Fast Race:
Round 1: 08:56.307 (@rob1nh000d)
Round 2: 08:48.149 (@rob1nh000d)
Round 3: 10:05.331 (@rob1nh000d)

Highest Gap, first to last:
Round 2, Race 1: 1:05.073

Smallest Gap, first to last:
Round 1, Race 2: 23.313

Complete Results

Thanks to @nmcp1 for this great idea and @fizzer for some additional stats.

ASCARI
Round 1, Race 1

@rob1nh000d is clean through the first turn at Ascari.

Ascari Full Track.jpg

@Piler and @singlepaddy battle for position
Ascari Full Track_1.jpg

@BayouSimDrifter
Ascari Full Track_2.jpg

Round 1, Race 2

@racingchamp30 with several S.N.A.I.L.s on his tail
Ascari Full Track_3.jpg

@dcallnight and @KTR5
Ascari Full Track_4.jpg

@racingchamp30 with @speer9892003 to his outside
Ascari Full Track_5.jpg

A wide angle look at Oulton (turn #8)
Ascari Full Track_6.jpg

@rob1nh000d attempting a pass on @singlepaddy with @KTR5 looking on
Ascari Full Track_7.jpg

CAPE RING
Round 2, Race 1

@rob1nh000d and @KTR5 heading out of turn 1

Cape Ring.jpg

@KTR5 @rob1nh000d and @dcallnight taking the jump
Cape Ring_1.jpg

@racingchamp30
Cape Ring_2.jpg

@BayouSimDrifter with @racingchamp30 in the background
Cape Ring_3.jpg

@Sharkb8ii
Cape Ring_4.jpg

@speer9892003 with some nice drifting skills on Sports Hard tires (he missed the Sports Soft memo)
Cape Ring_5.jpg

Round 2, Race 2

@speer9892003 got the jump on the field at the start of race 2
Cape Ring_6.jpg

@singlepaddy on the left and @wvhellbilly on the right in near identical colors.
Cape Ring_7.jpg

@singlepaddy @KTR5 and @Piler (left to right) heading out of turn 8 side by side by side!
Cape Ring_8.jpg

@singlepaddy on the inside line with @rob1nh000d on the outside of turn 9 with three others close behind
Cape Ring_9.jpg

Somehow, @rob1nh000d saves this powerslide
Cape Ring_10.jpg

@dcallnight and @racingchamp30 taking the jump
Cape Ring_11.jpg

@speer9892003 taking his first D7 victory!
Cape Ring_12.jpg

No pics from Round 3 for me :(

Division 7 Data Summary & Photography
March 16, 2014

Top 5 Scores
1st - @rob1nh000d - 95 points
2nd - @racingchamp30 - 80 points
3rd - @singlepaddy - 76 points
4th - @BayouSimDrifter - 74 points
5th - @Piler - 73 points

Pole Lap Honors:
Round 1 : @rob1nh000d 2:13.125
Round 2 : @rob1nh000d 2:53.265
Round 3 : @racingchamp30 2:30.630

Race Winners:
Round 1 Race 1 : @rob1nh000d
Round 1 Race 2 : @rob1nh000d

Round 2 Race 1 : @rob1nh000d
Round 2 Race 2 : @speer9892003

Round 3 Race 1 : @rob1nh000d
Round 3 Race 2 : @racingchamp30

Fast Lap honors:
Round 1 Race 1 : @rob1nh000d 2:12.431
Round 1 Race 2 : @KTR5 2:12.877

Round 2 Race 1 : @rob1nh000d 2:52.199
Round 2 Race 2 : @Piler 2:53.499

Round 3 Race 1 : @rob1nh000d 2:30.120
Round 3 Race 2 : @racingchamp30 2:31.637

Fast Race:
Round 1: 08:56.307 (@rob1nh000d)
Round 2: 08:48.149 (@rob1nh000d)
Round 3: 10:05.331 (@rob1nh000d)

Highest Gap, first to last:
Round 2, Race 1: 1:05.073

Smallest Gap, first to last:
Round 1, Race 2: 23.313

Complete Results

Thanks to @nmcp1 for this great idea and @fizzer for some additional stats.

ASCARI
Round 1, Race 1

@rob1nh000d is clean through the first turn at Ascari.

View attachment 132481

@Piler and @singlepaddy battle for position
View attachment 132482

@BayouSimDrifter
View attachment 132483

Round 1, Race 2

@racingchamp30 with several S.N.A.I.L.s on his tail
View attachment 132484

@dcallnight and @KTR5
View attachment 132486

@racingchamp30 with @speer9892003 to his outside
View attachment 132488

A wide angle look at Oulton (turn #8)
View attachment 132490

@rob1nh000d attempting a pass on @singlepaddy with @KTR5 looking on
View attachment 132491

CAPE RING
Round 2, Race 1

@rob1nh000d and @KTR5 heading out of turn 1

View attachment 132492

@KTR5 @rob1nh000d and @dcallnight taking the jump
View attachment 132493

@racingchamp30
View attachment 132494

@BayouSimDrifter with @racingchamp30 in the background
View attachment 132495

@Sharkb8ii
View attachment 132496

@speer9892003 with some nice drifting skills on Sports Hard tires (he missed the Sports Soft memo)
View attachment 132497

Round 2, Race 2

@speer9892003 got the jump on the field at the start of race 2
View attachment 132498

@singlepaddy on the left and @wvhellbilly on the right in near identical colors.
View attachment 132499

@singlepaddy @KTR5 and @Piler (left to right) heading out of turn 8 side by side by side!
View attachment 132500

@singlepaddy on the inside line with @rob1nh000d on the outside of turn 9 with three others close behind
View attachment 132501

Somehow, @rob1nh000d saves this powerslide
View attachment 132502

@dcallnight and @racingchamp30 taking the jump
View attachment 132503

@speer9892003 taking his first D7 victory!
View attachment 132504

No pics from Round 3 for me :(

Thank you coach for the time to put in for the pics and data.

The scoring sheets have been copied from the Directors Document to the Results Document.

If you are:

1. Entering results (pole and finishes) from last night, please enter it into the Directors Document and let me know you've done it..

@kcheeb & @JLBowler All scores and votes for D2 have been entered into the directors doc. 👍

FmeorCJ.png

Race Date: 23 March 2014

Currently tracking 12 Incident Reports

Since I have no idea who is winning what this week, the all clear, or not, announcement will wait until they have been declared.

The IR Submission Form is now closed.

I filled the form.. now i gotta do some time trials for next weeks races and give my times here right?

No. Do not post your TT times here. Skills welcome post had a link to a form you fill out and the necessary people will find your time and place you in an appropriate division. If you didn't include your time in the TT form, PM @JLBowler your time and he'll take it from there.

Combo 3, R2 Best Laps RacingChamp 2:31.637 ; rob1nh000d 2:31.979 ; singlepaddy 2.32.770 ; Piler 2:33.294 ; Speer9892007 2:35.093 ; Sharkb8ii 2:37.723 (before he was out) ; CoachMK21 2:32.446 (before he was out) ; blueninjacivic 2:37.412 (before he was out).

Thought I had Combo 3, R1, but dang, forgot to save it. I'm sure someone else in the room said they had that one.

Also, @singlepaddy , I just watched the replay and I want to apologize for bumping you on the long back sweeper. I'm glad I messed up later and you got past me.
Thanks I appreciate that. You obviously don't mess up often, so I'll take it!!! Lol.
Actually got bumped worse in combo 1 race 2, dropped from 2nd to 7th. But hey I'm no angel sometimes either so I try not to complain too much.

Division 3 Round 1 Race 1
Honda Integra Type R (DC5) Touring Car '04
at Ascari full track

On Track: @turnupdaheat , @Wolfsatz , @LeoStrop , @Xradkins ,@racefan78 , @JLBowler, @intoflatlines & @Dragonwhisky

Turnupdahead gets pole and steals it from me. I had pole for about 10 seconds.

Nice and tidy at the chicane.

Ready to receive an early gift from Turnupdaheat, he goes wide and into the grass and make the pass without incident.

1st lap and Racefan is also able to pass heat. This one is not so much the snail train.

Battle for 4th is tight.

Going through the 2nd Chicane, Racefan quickly closes the gap.

3 wide at The Hill. Xman is able to make a clean pass for 4th.

Racefan charges hard and gets very close.

Meanwhile, X gets an excellent run on Heat and makes a clean pass as Flatlines studies his chances.

At the 2nd Chicane and everyone in bounds!

Last Lap! Burning front tires but keeping in bounds; Racefan still looking for a tiny mistake to complete the pass.

But I am able to cruise to my 1st victory in D3 on GT6. :gtpflag: Excellent racecraft to @racefan78 he pushed hard but never over agressive to cause an incident.

Flatlines is able to make a pass on Heat on the last lap.

Division 3 Round 1 Reverse Grid
@LeoStrop starts in the front and is followed by DW.

Snail Rainbow at lap 2. Battle for 3rd.

Side by Side at the top of the Hill X defends the inside from Racefan's charge.

Flatlines defends the inside as X gets robbed from the draft. Good defending move from @intoflatlines to prevent the pass in 3rd lap.

X setting up for the pass 2 corners before @ The Hill...

...gets excellent momentum and completes the pass on the inside touch free even when Flatlines is running a very good defensive line. I tug right behind X to draft him, but ran out of track to complete the pass before the chicane.

Last lap and I fight to steal 4th from Flatlines...

... there is a small rub and I lift off to prevent a major incident... flatlines is able to maintain position.

...and racefan is closing the gap quickly.

While @Dragonwhisky is cruising in 2nd place seconds ahead of any threat.

Setting up for the pass at the Hill, and using the same technique as X...

I come side to side next to flatlines...

... but I have the advantage of having the inside line.

and able to complete the pass to the finish line withing 100ths of a second.

@LeoStrop seals victory

Everyone in D3 displayed great racecraft on this combo! :cheers:👍:):D

round 2 TBS.

Last edited:
Back