◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,684 comments
Last night in D7 was an absolute blast. There were times I was at the front, the middle, and the back. I can't believe how clean and smooth the racing was no matter where I was at in the pack. Any bumping or anything that Iseen happening or was a part of was just hard racing.

I guess what I'm trying to say is it was competitive no matter where you were on the track and you really had to work for any position you did get and sometimes work harder and push yourself to limits you didn't know you had just to keep a position even if it wasn't for first place. Just awesome racing! Great job everyone in D7!!

Prize B sweet! I choose to "freeze" the combo, so the choice is up to racefan78

Division 4 was a lot of fun last night. I took a video of Apricot Hill where Chatva, II-NOVA-II and myself went three wide down the stretch, and into the first two turns, followed by some insanely close racing with Unleashed59. I don't think any contact was made. Watch in 1080p for the best experience.

DIVISION 2 HIGHLIGHTS

@serge19 leads the D2 crew to turn 1 at Deep Forest for another clean start in the division.

Deep+Forest+Raceway_2.jpg

After an intense battle @ptslopoke gets the win while @chuyler1 battles his way from a 6th place qualifying up to 2nd place.

Deep+Forest+Raceway_3.jpg

Race 2 starts out with @JWalker on the pole.

Deep+Forest+Raceway_1.jpg

An epic battle between @JWalker and @Oshawa-Joe came down to the line with @Oshawa-Joe grabbing the win. @chuyler1 worked his way up from 10th to watch the battle in the 3rd spot.

Deep+Forest+Raceway.jpg

@RobbiefromBC grabbed the pole on race 3 while drivers tried to adjust to the change in grip.

Apricot+Hill+Raceway.jpg

@ptslopoke fights through the dust bowl to stay on @RobbiefromBC's bumper.

Apricot+Hill+Raceway_1.jpg

After 7 laps, @ptslopoke carves himself out a comfortable lead while the rest of the pack battles for that coveted 2nd place. @chuyler1 holds them off through turn 2.

Apricot+Hill+Raceway_2.jpg

@nmcp1 leads the pack out of the hairpin on lap 1 of race 4.

Apricot+Hill+Raceway_3.jpg

By race end, @nmcp1 has no challengers and takes the checkered flag on auto pilot!

Apricot+Hill+Raceway_4.jpg

Race 5 starts with @ptslopoke on the pole but it's @chuyler1 who gets the lead at the end of the straight.

Circuit+de+Spa-Francorchamps.jpg

What the draft giveth, the draft shall taketh away. @ptslopoke waits for the final lap to make his move on @chuyler1 and snags another win.

Circuit+de+Spa-Francorchamps_1.jpg

Race 6 had some intense racing and some rookie mistakes. Everyone was out for the win but it was @Oshawa-Joe who prevailed.

Circuit+de+Spa-Francorchamps_3.jpg

Overall, it was a very intense night with lots of passing and very few mistakes.

See below:

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on March 30, 2014

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your car and/or track selection until all racing complaints are filed and you are given the "all clear" to announce your selection.

Last edited:

Division 4 was a lot of fun last night. I took a video of Apricot Hill where Chatva, II-NOVA-II and myself went three wide down the stretch, and into the first two turns, followed by some insanely close racing with Unleashed59. I don't think any contact was made. Watch in 1080p for the best experience.

@AG07WRXTR, you get to either pass the option to freeze the car or track to @racefan78 or you can choose to freeze the car or track. If you choose to freeze one, then @racefan78 will pick the new half of the combo.

EDIT:
Once you are given the all clear by the STEWARDS.

Last edited:
Last night was quite enjoyable. All the Div-7 races had good competitive driving in them.
I noticed that my cars seemed to slow up intermittently, wasn't sure if I was getting penalized for some unknown reason, but did confirm after the night's events that my brake potentiometer was getting noisy again.
I could have been faster!

I ordered a Hall sensor that could be a possible replacement for the pots.

Looking forward to more competitive realistic simracing.

This is all you need to clean those pots! Seriously, one spray is all you need.

@AG07WRXTR, you get to either pass the option to freeze the car or track to @racefan78 or you can choose to freeze the car or track. If you choose to freeze one, then @racefan78 will pick the new half of the combo.
He isn't supposed to do anything until given the OK, because IRs are not filed yet and penalties not assessed. The results above are just preliminary/unofficial results.

For a suggestion for Prize B freeze the track and replace the Integra Type R TC with the Audi R8 V10, the GTP WRS will be running that car in a TT event.

I'd like to race it.

As a suggestion.. you need to get prize A or B :rolleyes: or at least be in the same division to make suggestions. :crazy:

He isn't supposed to do anything until given the OK, because IRs are not filed yet and penalties not assessed. The results above are just preliminary/unofficial results.

Flatlines for official Fish Slapper!

Some are really wanting to see the fish this week. :D

Flatlines for official Fish Slapper!

Some are really wanting to see the fish this week. :D

I could have done with a slap last night after my dismal performance. I'm not sure why but I was generally about 2 seconds off the laptimes I was running during practice sessions earlier in the week.

What was the story when your car didn't take off at the start of race 5 Wolf? At first I thought you had a lapse of concentration but from the replay it looks like you were on the throttle but the car didn't move until I made contact with you. Strange!

I found the names and lines during qualifying to be terribly distracting. I read on the forum it can be turned off. Has anyone done this, and if so, any issues?

I found the names and lines during qualifying to be terribly distracting. I read on the forum it can be turned off. Has anyone done this, and if so, any issues?
You can turn off the names but not the lines.

To turn off the names, go into "watch race", then options...go to the bottom one...I think it's "turn off names". Then check it. This will also turn off names above the cars in the race...which I love.

I think I just had the most memorable race I have had since I joined Snail in January. Round 1 Race 1, it started off with a huge battle in Qualifying between myself and @gmraces, gm had the pole at 1:18.499 IIRC until I stole it with a 1:18.264 on the final lap of qualifying.

The race only turned out even hotter. It was a dogfight throughout lap 1 and gm came back with the help of a draft on the front straight and we went side by side from turn 1 all the way to the apex before the first tunnel. Something happened and I ghosted allowing gm to take the lead.

I was on his tail for 2 laps nose to tail until the slip stream took away some of my front downforce, I got on the grass twice in the final 2 corners which dropped me back 1.5 or so secs. After that it was a heads down and punch in fast laps. The biggest factor that helped me was tire management.

I noticed gm was smoking his tires way more than I did and that gave me hope that towards the end of the race he will wear them down to a point where it will affect his lap times. Unsurprisingly he ran wide a few times and missed the apex as I continued to click in low 1:18s. As a result I caught up and made the pass at the beginning of the final lap drafting pass gm on the front straight into turn 1, but my tires started going as well and I had to drop my pace slightly as well which affected my rhythm coming out of the final corner I got caught out by the degrading tires and gm took opportunity to line up alongside me for the drag to the finish line.

It ended as a photo finish with me only 0.033 ahead of gm. A very sweet comeback I have to say.

It was apparent from my point of view that gm realized the tire management game in race 2 and got out in front early in the race to pull a gap on me while maintaining his tires, there wasn't much I could do to close in even with a 1:18.091, a hit to the side of the mountain late in the race meant all hope was lost at that point. Congrats to @gmraces on the win. Well executed.

The rest of the night was tight between us still, gm took pole for round 2 and 3 which I should be ashamed of not being able to run at my best form in quali. But overall a very tough and exciting night. Must not let my guard down from here on!

Neo- thanks for the great racing last night! For my second week racing with Snail it has been alot of fun. After seeing how fast you are the first week, I knew I had to get some practice in. I am still learning about the tire management and how to make everything come together. I made more mistakes last night than I wanted to so I have to work on that also. Im looking forward to learning more from you and the intense racing so that I can get ready for GT Academy. LIke you, I didnt do my best in qualifying- I had way too many mistakes.

As for everyone else, I hope I wasnt too aggressive. Thanks for the good times!

After hearing some chatter during our races, watching some replays from our D7 races and reading through the incident reports, I think it may be appropriate to remind everyone of the defensive driving section of the S.N.A.I.L. OAR.

9: Defensive Driving:

A:

Leading cars have the right to choose their own line down a straight. They can change their racing line once while driving down a straight (Move from the outside line to the inside, or vice versa). As they approach the next corner, they can return to the racing line of their choice. However, they are not allowed to change their line when the behind driver is directly behind and changes his line to try and make a pass. If your movement causes an accident, you are responsible.
B:
Leading cars have the right to take their line of choice through corners. I.e. they may drive a defensive line around the inside of a corner to protect their position, thereby forcing an attacking driver to try to pass around the outside. This is not blocking and is part of normal racing etiquette. In fact, apart from the restrictions of rule 10:A, a leading driver can drive any line which they feel is the most inconvenient for any following car to try to pass them. This does not mean that the lead driver may change their line mid-corner in an attempt to block a fellow competitor.
C:
Drivers that are about to get lapped have to make sure not to interfere with the lapping cars. The driver being lapped should stay on the racing line but slow down just enough to allow the lead driver an easy pass. Keep your racing line predictable and try to stay out of the way.

What was the story when your car didn't take off at the start of race 5 Wolf? At first I thought you had a lapse of concentration but from the replay it looks like you were on the throttle but the car didn't move until I made contact with you. Strange!
Yeah that was weird. I don't think I've made a faster split-second reaction/decision in Gran Turismo than I did trying to avoid @Wolfsatz there. I almost took out @JLBowler but luckily there was enough room! There's honestly nothing that gets my adrenaline pumping more than launching a high PP car at grid start and then seeing a stopped car up ahead in your row and then trying to avoid it without losing control. Kind of like an unexpected mini slalom obstacle.

This is all you need to clean those pots! Seriously, one spray is all you need.
I bought 3 pots for $6.00! I think the carbon's a little thin on the original from all the use.
I've tried high end aerosol cleaners before and for most applications they last a long time. The carbon film pots used in the G25 are not meant to be used in applications that have so many repetitions.

If I can get the Hall effect sensor to work, I'll never have to worry about cleaning the pots again.

I know I did not vote.
How is this?
  1. chatva ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
You're not the first complaining about this.
I remember you left before voting and I checked Directors Doc, they are filled properly. Your field is empty.
Maybe it's a copy/paste issue.
:confused:

@kcheeb are you aware of it?
Thanks.

Can someone tell me where the sheet is in the results doc that tells you how many gold, silver, and bronze youve had since you first started in snail. I know its there but I cant find it. Help!

Is there any way to disable the automatic track penalties, which in my admittedly short experience , range from absurd to comical. Case in point I had snuck up behind a furball exiting turn one at Apricot. I was accelerating on the inside line when I was presented with a Blue BMW , who I believe was unsighted by me, sideways across the track about 50 feet in front of me. I was locked in position by the wall on the left and another car on the right, which really did't matter as there was no time for evasive moves. I tee boned him and then was presented with a 3 second penalty for having an accident. I said something like YGBSM. I was not in the lead pack so it was't critical...it was however off putting.

I love comfort tire racing. Used to do a ton of it in GT5. Here's quite a battle we had in a series I hosted. All the cars are stock starting on CS or possibly CM tires and we worked our way up to SS tires. Note the laps. We battled like this for 50 laps and this was just the finale!

PS, turn down the volume, I got a bunch of feedback recording it for some reason.

I love comfort tire racing. Used to do a ton of it in GT5. Here's quite a battle we had in a series I hosted. All the cars are stock starting on CS or possibly CM tires and we worked our way up to SS tires. Note the laps. We battled like this for 50 laps and this was just the finale!

PS, turn down the volume, I got a bunch of feedback recording it for some reason.

Great stuff chuyler! We might have seen each other in GT5, i was always searching for these types of events, lots of epic battles and fun cars!

I only use SH in something with more than 450pp.

Last night in D7 was an absolute blast. There were times I was at the front, the middle, and the back. I can't believe how clean and smooth the racing was no matter where I was at in the pack. Any bumping or anything that Iseen happening or was a part of was just hard racing.

I guess what I'm trying to say is it was competitive no matter where you were on the track and you really had to work for any position you did get and sometimes work harder and push yourself to limits you didn't know you had just to keep a position even if it wasn't for first place. Just awesome racing! Great job everyone in D7!!

This was one point I forgot to include in my late night post last night, there were good, clean battles going on at every point where two or more were gathered on the track. And by the comments, and from what I experienced, it really seemed that everyone was trying very hard to be both fast and careful about others. I am very grateful to be in this division the way everyone was shouldering both burdens. Very Honorable!

After hearing some chatter during our races, watching some replays from our D7 races and reading through the incident reports, I think it may be appropriate to remind everyone of the defensive driving section of the S.N.A.I.L. OAR.

9: Defensive Driving:

A:
Leading cars have the right to choose their own line down a straight. They can change their racing line once while driving down a straight
(Move from the outside line to the inside, or vice versa). As they approach the next corner, they can return to the racing line of their choice. However, they are not allowed to change their line when the behind driver is directly behind and changes his line to try and make a pass. If your movement causes an accident, you are responsible.
B:
Leading cars have the right to take their line of choice through corners.
I.e. they may drive a defensive line around the inside of a corner to protect their position, thereby forcing an attacking driver to try to pass around the outside. This is not blocking and is part of normal racing etiquette. In fact, apart from the restrictions of rule 10:A, a leading driver can drive any line which they feel is the most inconvenient for any following car to try to pass them. This does not mean that the lead driver may change their line mid-corner in an attempt to block a fellow competitor.
C:
Drivers that are about to get lapped have to make sure not to interfere with the lapping cars.
The driver being lapped should stay on the racing line but slow down just enough to allow the lead driver an easy pass. Keep your racing line predictable and try to stay out of the way.

Could you talk with me about this. I would like to know how I did in regard to this. Thanks.

Hello everyone how are you guys. I can see that the league night went well. I plan to be online by the end of this week. are there any changes to Division placement?. I'm just trying to get back at the speed as quickly as possible. I wish everyone the best. god bless

Hello everyone how are you guys. I can see that the league night went well. I plan to be online by the end of this week. are there any changes to Division placement?. I'm just trying to get back at the speed as quickly as possible. I wish everyone the best. god bless

There have been a few additions to the league in the last week. We will be closing out this season and preparing for next this week and Divisional placements will not likely be completed until sometime Saturday. Stay tuned.

Back