◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,696 comments
I'm not sure how large you can make it without it getting pixellated, but here's the original, really large, version.
VKSZ982.png
Awesome! Thanks! I think if I just stare at this long enough, I can satisfy my urge to buy a poster and save some money! :D

I'll pm you the link.

It all comes down to the old "slow in, fast out" saying, as well as a little bit of knowledge about racing lines. In reality, if your opponent is taking the turn perfectly, you will not be able to pass them, no matter what you do. However, by maintaining a bit of a gap on corner entry, you're giving yourself room to capitalize on any mistakes they might make.

I will keep using the last corner at Deep Forest to explain this example. With the DC5 we raced last week, it was possible to take that turn at 112 mph (maybe the aliens could take it faster, but that was my best). In order to do that, you had to brake early to get the car settled, and then carry a bit of throttle through the apex. You also had to hit the turn-in and apex pretty much spot on, otherwise you'd have to scrub off too much speed to avoid having an off.

Now, let's say that going into that turn, the car in front of you slips up and only carries 108 mph. If you're right on their bumper when this happens, you have only two options: Hit them, or sacrifice your momentum by leaving the ideal line or braking. However, if you maintained enough of a gap in the braking zone, you should be able to carry your extra momentum through the apex and complete the pass on the front-stretch (or at least set up a clean pass into turn one).

Make sense?

112 is the max mid corner speed/ lowest speed throughout the corner. But for how short can you stay at 112 is the quest ;)

We should pick a Corvette, in honour of the vettes destroyed in the sinkhole.

465367457_640.jpg
I SECOND THAT!!! CORVETTE ZR1 C6R IT IS!

I usually take a day once every couple weeks and run the redbull standard championship. Including the log in bonus it's 2.3 million credits every twenty or so minutes.

My son tells me I cannot get to that until I unlock the divisions to get to that spot....not sure I am going to be able to race Sunday if I cannot get the cars...for sure I will not have any practice with the combo....this may possibly be a waste of time for me....fun to race, but like to be somewhat competitive, but would need to be able to practice what the race is going to be....kind of stuck in never-never land :)

Prize Selection Update

Three cars were suggested. It is now up to anyone who raced on Sunday March 30 to vote for one of the suggestions.
Note: The Mazda Cosmo suggestion was disallowed because the year was never stated and there are two different ones in the game.

1. Toyota 86 Race Car Base Model '12
2. Lancia Delta HF Intergale Evoluzione '91
3. Nissan GT-R SpecV '09

Voting will close at 4 PM ET tomorrow (Thursday). At that time, I will count the votes and announce the new car.

Last edited:
Prize Selection Update

Three cars were suggested. It is now up to anyone who raced on Sunday March 30 to vote for one of the suggestions.
Note: The Mazda Cosmo suggestion was disallowed because the year was never stated and there are two different ones in the game.

3. Nissan GT-R SpecV '09

Voting will close at 4 PM ET tomorrow (Thursday). At that time, I will count the votes and announce the new car.
Dang I want to vote but didn't race last week.

Prize Selection Update

3. Nissan GT-R SpecV '09

Do we vote now?

Man when it rains, it pours! I just got caught up with everything and I am in for the S.R.O.C. on Friday! I admit I did a little glossing so I am a little fuzzy on some details... (Jeez, I don't usually get this far behind!)

Prize Selection Update

3. Nissan GT-R SpecV '09

I vote for the Lancia

I vote for the Lancia. Too bad the Mazda didn't count or I would have picked that. :(
I vote for the Lancia
Ok are your reaction times so slow you can't go fast or are you thinking VERY CLOSE racing?
That car requires technical driving but it's slow and boring!

No insult intended just a thought from someone that used to tuneup to 700pp cars before I found S.N.A.I.L. And began to race what you get.
Lately it's been TC cars to go fast but they aren't street cars!
@TEX36 stepped out and picked a Beemer, the CSL, a production car and who didn't like that?
Granted I suggested a prototype car but it isn't a slow car and is still a street based car, it does better than 1:30s per lap.
1:18s and it requires not much more focus!
Let's get back to production or proto's and rest the race cars until the cap raises, and I suggest the
M3 GTR race car.

Last edited:
Ok are your reaction times so slow you can't go fast or are you thinking VERY CLOSE racing?
That car requires technical driving but it's slow and boring!

No insult intended just a thought from someone that tuned 700pp cars before I found S.N.A.I.L!
Well mister Miata but the. Why not pick the Corvette ZR1 RM. I know it isn't 700PP but at least it's a start.

Back