◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,668 comments
Yea
Ok are your reaction times so slow you can't go fast or are you thinking VERY CLOSE racing?
That car requires technical driving but it's slow and boring!

No insult intended just a thought from someone that used to tuneup to 700pp cars before I found S.N.A.I.L. And began to race what you get.
Lately it's been TC cars to go fast but they aren't street cars!
@TEX36 stepped out and picked a Beemer, the CSL, a production car.
Granted I suggested a prototype car but it isn't a slow car and does better than 1:30s per lap.

1:18s and that requires more!
I suck at driving so chose the Lancia;)

Banner Pictures!

TsukubaCircuit_zps3f785cd9.jpg

TsukubaCircuit_1_zps3c47b0ad.jpg

TsukubaCircuit_2_zps77f8a098.jpg

TsukubaCircuit_3_zps47369290.jpg

TsukubaCircuit_4_zpsf58ec640.jpg

TsukubaCircuit_5_zps30be7d79.jpg

TsukubaCircuit_6_zps91143985.jpg

Ok are your reaction times so slow you can't go fast or are you thinking VERY CLOSE racing?
That car requires technical driving but it's slow and boring!

No insult intended just a thought from someone that used to tuneup to 700pp cars before I found S.N.A.I.L. And began to race what you get.
Lately it's been TC cars to go fast but they aren't street cars!
@TEX36 stepped out and picked a Beemer, the CSL, a production car.
Granted I suggested a prototype car but it isn't a slow car and does better than 1:30s per lap.

1:18s and that requires more!

Sounds like gibberish.

But what really surprises me is, for someone who has been here so long, you sound like some kid who just bought the game bragging about his 1000hp Supras he used to drive.

If you haven't learned that high PP cars don't equal close racing by now then I am, albeit briefly, at a loss for words.

Go get 5 or 6 buddies together at a twisty course with the Lancia and run 10 laps and tell me how close the finish is...then do the same with the GT-R. I guarantee you I already know the results.

Sounds like gibberish.

But what really surprises me is, for someone who has been here so long, you sound like some kid who just bought the game bragging about his 1000hp Supras he used to drive.

If you haven't learned that high PP cars don't equal close racing by now then I am, albeit briefly, at a loss for words.

Go get 5 or 6 buddies together at a twisty course with the Lancia and run 10 laps and tell me how close the finish is...then do the same with the GT-R. I guarantee you I already know the results.
NOTED

Lancia!!

Me gustaría unirme a ustedes. lo siento por mi mala Inglés, estoy usando traductor de google.

best regards :)

Also I think if he's good with the google translator and can put some clean racing together, he should definitely join :).

@JLBowler or another head honcho could provide him with the time trial info.

I like the GTR as well. Made a lot of progress with it in the AI. I don't know hardly anything about how it would work in a league, but it would be fun to get back in it.

@rob1nh000d In my 2nd week racing here, we raced the '12 version at the reverse version of Deep Forest. I did like it, but it was a one-and-done and was never spoken of again.

Also, never mention the horror that was the AEM S2000 @ Suzuka combo.

Prize Selection Update

Three cars were suggested. It is now up to anyone who raced on Sunday March 30 to vote for one of the suggestions.
Note: The Mazda Cosmo suggestion was disallowed because the year was never stated and there are two different ones in the game.

1. Toyota 86 Race Car Base Model '12
2. Lancia Delta HF Intergale Evoluzione '91
3. Nissan GT-R SpecV '09

Voting will close at 4 PM ET tomorrow (Thursday). At that time, I will count the votes and announce the new car.
It's cool with me regardless, but there's only one Mazda Cosmo Sport in the game. The other is called the 110S. (110S is in parenthesis in the only one that's titled "Cosmo Sport", but the "110S" makes no mention of the "Cosmo Sport".)

@rob1nh000d In my 2nd week racing here, we raced the '12 version at the reverse version of Deep Forest. I did like it, but it was a one-and-done and was never spoken of again.

Also, never mention the horror that was the AEM S2000 @ Suzuka combo.

It must really be bad. Seems to evoke a lot of emphatic reaction. Maybe the course is just too small (as some others have mentioned) and maybe that magnifies some of the down sides of this car. But I thought it was one of the best cars I had driven in the game. In fact, if I remember right, some individual rooms (non-league) did not allow the GT-R because it was too competitive.
The S2000 always seemed too squirrely (twitchy) to me. Also, although most of my time on Suzuka is only in the AI, I raced this course, probably more than any other, and even did quite a number of endurance races all by myself, even in the rain. I have recently formed the opinion that it is just too narrow to be as enjoyable as many other courses, and I think this would be only more so in a league racing situation. In my narrow experience it seems like it kind of forces the racing line by being thinner. I don't know if such a thing is possible, but it seems like it.
So, if you put a twitchy car on a narrow track with lots of rumble strips... :nervous:
I am beginning to picture what must have ensued.

Last edited:
The GT-R is a heavy SOB that can get a little unstable around the off-camber corners of the track it was raced at. I imagine it would be different in the forward direction.

The GT-R is a heavy SOB that can get a little unstable around the off-camber corners of the track it was raced at. I imagine it would be different in the forward direction.

LMAO!

yeah, it sucks in reverse and at noon, but by 1pm is a marvel

Definately Fanboy!

It's cool with me regardless, but there's only one Mazda Cosmo Sport in the game. The other is called the 110S. (110S is in parenthesis in the only one that's titled "Cosmo Sport", but the "110S" makes no mention of the "Cosmo Sport".)

And if I remembered correctly it is the '68.

Actually according to GTpedia, there are 2 the L10A '67, and the L10B '68 which is the more powerful of the 2 with 126 HP and 996 kilos!

Last edited:
Prize Selection Update

Three cars were suggested. It is now up to anyone who raced on Sunday March 30 to vote for one of the suggestions.
Note: The Mazda Cosmo suggestion was disallowed because the year was never stated and there are two different ones in the game.

3. Nissan GT-R SpecV '09

Voting will close at 4 PM ET tomorrow (Thursday). At that time, I will count the votes and announce the new car.

I vote:

Bummer about the Cosmo.

Mazda Cosmo Sport (L10A) '67
Mazda Cosmo Sport (L10B) '68

Last edited:
Prize Selection Update

3. Nissan GT-R SpecV '09

I vote Lancia Delta HF Intergale Evoluzione '91

Current total as of this post -

Prize Selection Update

1. Toyota 86 Race Car Base Model '12. (3 votes at moment)
2. Lancia Delta HF Intergale Evoluzione '91 (8 votes)
3. Nissan GT-R SpecV '09 (3 votes)

Voting will close at 4 PM ET Thursday). At that time, @JLBowler will count the votes and announce the new car.

Last edited:
Prize Selection Update

3. Nissan GT-R SpecV '09

Toyota

My vote as well goes to the

I loved the AEM Honda at Suzuka. I began to like the GT-R, just a little when it was ran, but, I have religious obligations to uphold and cannot vote for anything Datsun.

I would join you. sorry for my bad english, I'm using google translator.

best regards :)
@ariemilian,
Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

So.... The OP says post here if I want to join. Posting!
@rosckolove,
Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Latest Posts

Back