◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,684 comments
Just want to say to all ROC competitors, good luck tonight and wish I could be there but unfortunately this 12hr shift at work doesnt agree with my snail schedule. Anyway, have fun tonight and floyd make sure you represent d5 and pull off some wins.:sly: But im sure you will give them heck. Snail for life!

SNAILSPECRACINGlightfromtheleft.jpg

March Race of Champions

ROC Update
Start Time: Regular SNAIL Time 9:45 PM EST

So as far as the combos:
1st Combo

• Evo Merc @ Nurburgring GP/F - 8 Votes - 10 Laps
2nd Combo
  • Renault Clio @ Ascari - 6 Votes - 8 Laps
3rd Combo
  • Renault Sport Megane Trophy Base Model '11
    at Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps - 8 Laps
The races will begin with D8 sitting at the pole, then D7 and so on. WC Rinnfah will be slotted behind D4 and in between D3 (my best guesstimate of his pace). Round 2 and 3 will be started with Reverse Grid from previous race. Each race will carry double the point value of a normal race. He whoever who ends with the highest points of the night will be crown the Champion of Champions! Good Luck to everyone.

If this champion of champions was done with a reverse division grid, it might make it more interesting. D8 folks in the front, D1 in the back, for every race. Make every race 20 minutes and only run 3, 1 of each of the 3 longest standing combo's for the month.

I'll add to that twist with a, double the point payout for each position from the usual Sunday point system, he who ends the night with the most points is the Champion of Champions for the March Season. Winner gets a hatcake. From somebody.

So this is the Starting Grid
deaconblues82
elsbury2
rob1nh000d
singlepaddy
ExoSphere64
TEX36
FloydC3
CanuckleheadII
Rinnfah
Troggy
Xradkins
K1utch
Serge19
martin20az
fizzer

Hey all, is it about 1/2 hour before the race? (not impatient, just wondering) Will someone be posting a room ID#. Thanks for letting me be a part of this.

Last edited:

March Race of Champions

Room Number
1472 - 6118 - 3701 - 4252 - 8382

ROC Update

So as far as the combos:
1st Combo

2nd Combo
3rd Combo
The races will begin with D8 sitting at the pole, then D7 and so on. WC Rinnfah will be slotted behind D4 and in between D3 (my best guesstimate of his pace). Round 2 and 3 will be started with Reverse Grid from previous race. Each race will carry double the point value of a normal race. He whoever who ends with the highest points of the night will be crown the Champion of Champions! Good Luck to everyone.

If this champion of champions was done with a reverse division grid, it might make it more interesting. D8 folks in the front, D1 in the back, for every race. Make every race 20 minutes and only run 3, 1 of each of the 3 longest standing combo's for the month.

I'll add to that twist with a, double the point payout for each position from the usual Sunday point system, he who ends the night with the most points is the Champion of Champions for the March Season. Winner gets a hatcake. From somebody.

deaconblues82
elsbury2
rob1nh000d
singlepaddy
ExoSphere64
TEX36
FloydC3
CanuckleheadII
Rinnfah
Troggy
Xradkins
K1utch
Serge19
martin20az
fizzer

March Race of Champions

Room Number
1472 - 6118 - 3701 - 4252 - 8382

ROC Update

So as far as the combos:
1st Combo

2nd Combo
3rd Combo

deaconblues82
elsbury2
rob1nh000d
singlepaddy
ExoSphere64
TEX36
FloydC3
CanuckleheadII
Rinnfah
Troggy
Xradkins
K1utch
Serge19
martin20az
fizzer

I actually escaped the salt mines on time!! This is going to be epic!

Boogity Boogity Lets go RAcin!!!!

1st Race Unofficial Results (Nurburgring)
1st. Martin
2nd. Klutch
3rd. Troggy
4th. Xrad
5th. Fizzer
6th. Serge19
7th. deaconblue
8th. Exosphere
9th. Tex36
10th. Canucklhead
11th. singlepadd
12th. robinhood
13th. elsbury
14th. Rinnfah (DNF/Disco)

2nd. Race (Ascari)
1st. Fizzer
2nd.Martin
3rd. K1utch
4th.serge19
5th. Canucklehead
6th. Exosphere
7th. Xrad
8th. Troggy
9th. Tex36
10th. deaconblues
11th.singlepaddy
12th. elsbury (DNF/DISCO)
13th. Robinhoon (DNF/DISCO)
14TH. Rinnfah (DNF/DISCO)

3rd Race (Spa)
1st. Klutch
2nd. Martin
3rd. Fizzer
4th. Troggy
5th. Serge19
6th. Canucklehead
7th. Rinnfah
8th. Robinhood
9th. Exosphere
10th. singlepaddy
11th. Xrad
12th. Tex36
13th. deconblues
14th. elsbury (DNF/DISCO)

FINAL RESULTS:
martin20az92
K1utch 90
fizzer84
Troggy72
Serge19 72
CanuckleheadII 60
Xradkins58
ExoSphere6456
TEX3642
singlepaddy38
rob1nh000d36
deaconblues8234
Rinnfah32
elsbury218
FloydC30

Congratulations to @martin20az our first SNAIL Champion of Champions!

NO live streaming for this one. I dont have the technical capabilities for it. I will take pictures we need a videographer for the next one.

Director's Report
We had a little delay from technical difficulties, had to restart and left the hosting to Tex. Everyone had a lot of fun and raced pretty clean. A few suffered from discos but most were able to finish without issues. The room lagged at times but not much. It was a great start that should be repeated next month.

There are some new ideas that were given and will shared here with everyone.

It would be great to have someone do a livestream of the race. Thanks to everyone that raced!
Race Hard, Race Clean, Race Snail!

Last edited:
1VFAIur.png

Race Date - Sun Mar 30 2014
Penalty Rate 50%
Banner by dabneyd

The Polyphony Digital Gran Turismo 6 Replay Lottery still appears to have the lights off and doors shut. Thankfully. Now, it appears we have some divisions that aren't uploading their replays.

Below are the results of the 28 incidents the stewards reviewed. Some were invalidated for inaccurate information and some were not reviewable for lack of replays.

Division 2 - 1 incident on file
chuyler1
  • Round 3 - Race 2 - Level 2 - 8 points. 2 weeks probation.
Division 3 - 11 incidents on file
Ice_Warden
  • Round 1 - Race 2 - Level 2 - 7 points. 2 weeks probation
fereck
  • Round 3 - Race 1 - Level 3 - 9 points doubled to 18 for probation violation.
  • Round 2 - Race 2 - Level 4 - 16 points doubled to 32 for probation violation.
  • Round 3 - Race 2 - Level 3 - 10 points doubled to 20 for probation violation.
  • 70 points total and 6 weeks probation. This level of driving is not tolerated here.
tcrash15
  • Round 3 - Race 1 - Level 1 - 4 points. 1 week probation
Wolfsatz
  • Round 1 - Race 1 - Level 1 - 4 points. 1 week probation.
Division 6 - 7 incidents on file. The majority of these were tossed out for inaccurate information.
race_emhard
  • Round 3 - Race 2 - Level 1 - 1 points. 1 week probation.
Division 7 - 4 incidents on file
blueninjacivic
  • Round 1 - Race 1 - Level 1 - 4 points halved to 2 for self report. 1 week probation
CoachMK21
  • Round 1 - Race 1 - Level 2 - 6 points halved to 3 for self report. 2 weeks probation.
rob1nh000d
  • Round 1 - Race 1 - Level 1 - 4 points. 1 week probation.
singlepaddy
  • Round 2 - Race 1 - Level 1 - 2 points. 1 week probation
Division WC1 - 2 incidents on file
JT84_456
  • Round 2 - Race 2 - Level 3 - 9 points. 3 weeks probation.
Neovre
  • Round 2 - Race 2 - Level 2 - 8 points halved to 4 for self report. 2 weeks probation.

These results can be viewed on the SNAIL Steward Review Sheet.

Thanks to JLBowler, Neovre, Oshawa-Joe and tezgm99 for their reviews this week
Don't forget to claim your $hells for completing reviews.
:cheers:

* * * * * * * * * * * * *​

These changes affect the final standings.
Full final results can be found here. .@zer05ive & @kcheeb, these adjustments have been made in the director's and results sheets.
***If you were penalized and would like further explanation regarding the incident, PM your Division Steward and they will let you know what the stewards saw and our opinions on it.***​

Last edited:
Late night practice room open:

ID: 1472 6399 8451 1927 6554

New ID: 1472 6118 3830 2742 8179

Last edited:
1st Race Unofficial Results (Nurburgring)
1st. Martin
2nd. Klutch
3rd. Troggy
4th. Xrad
5th. Fizzer
6th. Serge19
7th. deaconblue
8th. Exosphere
9th. Tex36
10th. Canucklhead
11th. singlepadd
12th. robinhood
13th. elsbury
14th. Rinnfah (DNF/Disco)

2nd. Race @ascari
1st. Fizzer
2nd.Martin
3rd. K1utch
4th.serge19
5th. Canucklehead
6th. Exosphere
7th. Xrad
8th. Troggy
9th. Tex36
10th. deaconblues
11th.singlepaddy
12th. elsbury (DNF/DISCO)
13th. Robinhoon (DNF/DISCO)
14TH. Rinnfah (DNF/DISCO)

NO live streaming for this one. I dont have the technical capabilities for it. I will take pictures we need a videographer for the next one.
My internet fell offline and I'm still waiting for it to come back up

To @zer05ive , all Hosts, Directors and Scorekeepers,

I have the following for race laps and qualifying sessions for the April 6th 2014 races;

Round 1 - 7 laps and 7 minutes qualifying.
Round 2 - 11 laps and 5 minutes qualifying.
Round 3 - 7 laps and 7 minutes qualifying.

If anyone has differing information, please let me know.

Just like everything happens in Mexico. Mañana!

ROC Update

Start Time: Regular SNAIL Time 9:30 PM EST

So as far as the combos.
  • 1st Combo
    Renault Sport Megane Trophy Base Model '11
    at Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
2nd Combo would be either the (vote)

• DC5 @ Ascari 2 votes or Deep Forest - 3 Votes
      • Red Bull Jr @ Twin Ring or Autumn Ring both cars had a 2 week run
        • RB Jr. @ Twin Ring 1 Vote
      • Renault Clio @ Ascari (track perspective Ascari ran twice) - 6 Vote
3rd Combo would be either (vote)

• Evo Merc @ Nurburgring GP/F - 8 Vote
    • Alfa Romeo 8C @ Cape Ring - 4 Votes

fizzer martin20az serge19 @K1utch Xradkins Troggy @CanuckleheadII FloydC3 TEX36 ExoSphere64 rob1nh000d
    @singlepaddy deaconblues82 elsbury2RinnFah
You each get a vote for Combo 2 and combo 3 as dictated above. Please vote by 8pm EST. At that time voting will close and will post the combos to be run.
I think combo 2 and 3 should be up for votes by the participants.
I like the idea of DW to run it this way HERE.

So far the grid look like this:

D1
fizzer -- Confirmed
martin20az -- Confirmed

D2
Serge19 (3rd place) in place of PTslopoke -- Confirmed
K1utch (high point win) in place of chuyler1 -- Confirmed

D3
Xradkins --Positively Uncertain if traffic allows.
Troggy -- Positively Uncertain

D4
CanuckleheadII -- Confirmed by Kcheeb

D5
FloydC3 -- Confirmed

D6
TEX36 -- Confirmed
ExoSphere64 -- Confirmed

D7
rob1nh000d -- Confirmed by Notttingham Palace
singlepaddy -- Yabba Dabba Confirmed

D8
deaconblues82-- Confirmed
elsbury2 -- Confirmed

WC
@ Rinnfah in place of GrandStand Bill.has confirmed.

Dragonwhisky @racefan78 if a spot opens up for D3 are you available to race?

Haha I wish I could interpret the word "mañana" literally :D
But at this moment I can't do anything more than keep practicing and learning from the fastest guys here.

Racing the black first gen rx7 this weekend in the West Coast Endurance Championship, first time at Buttonwillow but thanks to Snail I have learned to adapt to new tracks quickly. Test day went great today looking forward to the 3 hour night race tomorrow! There's also a very awesome RX-7 FD in the background with a 20B under the hood.

Attachments

• 20140404_095344.jpg
    20140404_095344.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
Inaugural Race of Champions

All I can say is that I had a fantastic time tonight! This must absolutely, positively be kept going. The Race of Champions was one of the coolest race nights I have ever had. It is pretty intense to look in your mirror and see a GTA finalist stalking you! I got passed several times but it was just so cool to be a part of a clean and calculated pass.

There was very little time to rest. With a mix of all divisions, no matter where you found yourself on the track, there was someone willing to step into the ring. One minute I was trying not to drown while being surrounded by D1, 2 and 3 drivers and seconds later I was battling it out with the D7 and 8 guys.

Add in the great twist of doubling the laps made for even more drama to the night. The extended races made for epic chess games since there was more time to plan your attack. Defending early on really took on a much higher level of concentration. It took quite some time for the pack to settle into any kind of a groove and that made for some very intense opening laps!

Congratulations to all of the drivers that participated tonight. I truly hope that we make this a S.N.A.I.L. tradition. I am honored to have been a part of this round and I think everyone should have a chance to experience this special event!

Racing the black first gen rx7 this weekend in the West Coast Endurance Championship, first time at Buttonwillow but thanks to Snail I have learned to adapt to new tracks quickly. Test day went great today looking forward to the 3 hour night race tomorrow! There's also a very awesome RX-7 FD in the background with a 20B under the hood.
Sweet deal! From what I know about Buttonwillow is that it's a really spacious track... no walls, just dirt. LOTS of dirt! Have fun eh?

What does the premium account get you with GTP?

You get to support GTPlanet. So ads will be disabled, and you gain access to The Infield (It contains The Daily Babe Thread and The Daily Hunk Thread, I have contributed to both. ;)), and the GT VIP section.

And of course, you get the cool badge below your username.

EDIT: You know whose birthday it is? @Skills.

Happy birthday! :cheers:

Last edited:
Congratulations to the Winners of the Race Of Champions. Thanks to S.N.A.I.L tonight for the opportunity to race in the Race of Champions.

I am beginning to understand how hard it is to swallow disconnection problems as well. In the race where I was doing my personal best I was disconnected. And this was after I did everything I had been told to do by others to minimize this from happening. I cleared my cache, turned off all my in-game notifications, rebooted my modem, turned off anything that might also be using my Internet Connection, and I had upgraded my connection to the fastest speed available. Since that time I think I might have only had about two or three disconnections in any race or practice session. I guess two others got disconnected from that race as well.

It is SOOOOOO disappointing to have your connection fail during a race. I have not hardly had any disconnections since my upgrade and to have it happen right in my best race was truly a shock. I guess I really need to be ready for the worst at anytime. Maybe it is not a big deal for everyone, but for the rest of you who have had this awful experience, I really feel for you. I hope for everyone that we can find a way to improve this aspect of virtual racing.

Also a very BIG thanks to @chatva for his jumping right in afterwards and helping me with one of the problems I had in one of the other races. You really made me feel better @chatva. After you explained things to me, and then spent quite a bit of time on several tracks helping me to practice what you explained, I felt like it was possible I could minimize this type of disappointment in the future. I really needed that right then, and it really is an example, not just of one SNAIL helping another (which is awesome) but of a racer seeing when another is down and giving them encouragement and following it up with support. Thank you @chatva.

Also, thanks to @jobyone and @Nish (sorry --I searched through the driver's list and I think he mentioned he is just joining or just getting back to SNAIL??) for both jumping in and helping me tonight as well with a problem corner I have at Deep Forest and a problem Chicane I have at Apricot Hill.

Although I sincerely believe that I am almost always partly, if not mostly, responsible for an off involving myself and another driver, and I have a lot to learn about not doing unexpected maneuvers, such as overly early braking, or unexpected racing lines (when someone is close or breathing down my neck), and I have to learn to take a more protected racing line, thanks to the racer, tonight, who explained to me that in a few cases you might have to keep track of who it is best to let pass. (Some people might already feel this way about me.) This was another way that I just could not see outside the box and his insight helped me to see another possibility, feel better, and realize one more part to protecting myself. I think I am beginning to realize the reality of racing having many defensive techniques and skills just as it has many offensive techniques and skills.

UPDATE: I forgot to thank @CarCzar for his extensive entire track drive-around for several of us SNAILs at Deep Forest. Thanks.

Is there any chance, that the aliens, have their finger, on the power generator, beneath the surface of the planet, Spock? That is not logical, Captain...:boggled:

Last edited:
To @zer05ive , all Hosts, Directors and Scorekeepers,

I have the following for race laps and qualifying sessions for the April 6th 2014 races;

Round 1 - 7 laps and 7 minutes qualifying.
Round 2 - 11 laps and 5 minutes qualifying.
Round 3 - 7 laps and 7 minutes qualifying.

If anyone has differing information, please let me know.
Thanks! The lineup post has been updated! Btw, has there ever been a post that outlines the length of qualifying sessions based on number of laps in a race or lap times? If so, I'll add it to the first post.

Back