◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,790 comments
I was happy to find that the Fiat 500 Abarth was going to be in GT. Now, we're gonna race. I like this car a lot! :D

I was happy to find that the Fiat 500 Abarth was going to be in GT. Now, we're gonna race. I like this car a lot! :D

I only hit my brakes twice on each lap long straight to tight curve and then right before the chicane. God i know i almost rolled it though whipping around apexs at 80mph, that poor top heavy thing.

No new combo's? No problem!!!

Spend some time at Monza with your Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 Base Model '13. The prize at this time is 10 $hells to the driver who comes closets to Nick's fastest lap. A prize upgrade is still possible.

Short on cash? No problem also!

Option B - Under Single Player mode, select time trial, select Monza and the choose the GT-R NISMO GT3 N24 Schulze Motorsport '13. It is the same car, but you'll be without the oil change. Please specify if you used option B in your post. If you are the winner with the closest time via option B, you will win 5 $hells!

At this time, there are 5 entrants to the contest. Thank you to @martin20az @hooker4 @aliengamer25 @Neovre and @KTR5 (of course).

Here is my time. 1:48.899

Attachments

• 20140411_021954.jpg
    20140411_021954.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 9
BLANCPAIN GT Series
at Autodromo Nazionale (Monza)

10007460_265590270269612_740092633_n.jpg

In honor of 2013 USA GT Academy Champion, Nick McMillen racing at Monza this coming weekend, April 13th, I would like to propose a small contest. @GumballCGT (Nick) will be racing in the Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3. Therefore, I would like to invite everyone to a little time trial contest.

1. Purchase (in the Nissan dealership) GT-R NISMO GT3 Base Model '13 (Cr. 350,000) with racing hard tires. Only an oil change is allowed.
  • PP = 617
  • HP = 621
  • Weight = 1350 kg

2. Run laps at Autodromo Nazionale (Monza) in an online lobby. These laps can be done on your own or in a group. Please follow all current S.N.A.I.L. regulations regarding tuning and clean racecraft.

3. Reply to this post with your best lap time. Please include the entire full time, i.e., m:ss.sss / 1:30.000. DEADLINE TO POST LAP TIME IS FRIDAY, APRIL 11th at 8:00 AM ET. We are running this "On your honor." Please post your honest best lap. A screenshot is also advised to be posted.

4. Whoever is closest to Nick's fastest lap time wins.

5. The winner will get 10 $hells. I am still waiting to hear about an opportunity to upgrade the prize. If the upgrade is available, I'll update this post at that time.

Short on cash? No problem!

Option B - Under Single Player mode, select time trial, select Monza and the choose the GT-R NISMO GT3 N24 Schulze Motorsport '13. It is the same car, but you'll be without the oil change. Please specify if you used option B in your post. If you are the winning with the closest time via option B, you will win 5 $hells!

I got a 1:49.848, I think I'm hoping for rain.

IMG_0575.jpg

[quote="Mirado_7, post: 9549975, member: 252441"You don't want honest opinions on that one. :yuck:[/quote]
I always want honesty. Besides I just suggested It, im guessing most liked it or it wouldnt be one of the combos now would it? :D

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to give a heads up to all our fellow SNAILs that may be at the Long Beach Grand Prix this weekend. Be sure to stop by the Formula SAE booth in the expo center, we have a rig set up and will be running some GT6 throughout the weekend. Stop by and say hi. If I am not around shoot me an email and we can try to meet up (bill@granstand.com).

Bill

IMG_20140409_171542_484.jpg IMG_20140409_171457_458.jpg IMG_20140409_171529_318.jpg IMG_20140409_171413_523.jpg

P.S. Won't be able to race on Sunday, as I'll be closing up shop at LBGP.

Thank you for your help this last week everyone. Thanks @CarCzar on Tsukuba. Thank you @Neovre on Silverstone. Thanks @Xradkins for your knowledge of car pitch and for waiting up for me in that race when we did not even bump each other -- I think just because you saw me back there. Thanks @chatva for being a peacemaker. Thanks @Wolfsatz for your pointers. Thanks @Drgreenthumb977 for your concern for all drivers and the league. Thanks for those who have been here for a long time (1 year, 2 years -- amazing), I see now a little more of what that takes and I think it is the most awesome thing of all that a person can achieve -- sticking it out through the thick and the thin, going through the phases of the league and of yourself and of other individuals. (Of course at times we have to leave because of external circumstances). imho, it means more than fast laps, winning races, winning weekends, or anything -- just being here for a looooonnnnnngggg time....

Sorry for the unfortunate and untimely bump @SCCARACER36. I really sincerely mean it.

:gtpflag:S.N.A.I.L .:gtpflag:

Good night John boy...

rob1nh000d,

I would stop trying to be first and learn how to race with other people, I'm not the only one that doesn't see you as a clean racer. I can't tell you how many times I have been in an incident with you for ignorance of the 'Golden Rule'. Have you read it? or the rest of the OLR?

"Rules
We expect all drivers to follow our OLR Rules and pursue good racecraft at all times. If you're not sure what good racecraft is, watch this video. It can be summed up in one simple 'Golden Rule' of motorsports: It is the responsibility of the overtaking driver, meaning the car that is attempting to execute the pass, to make sure that the pass is made cleanly and incident free. If you don't agree with this rule or don't think it applies to you, this is not the league for you.

Your primary goal should be racing in a group of people without so much as touching another driver.

"Sorry for the unfortunate and untimely bump" Maybe you don't realize how dirty you are. You took me out at Apricot Hill as well.

Learn the racecraft then learn to go fast.

rob1nh000d,

I would stop trying to be first and learn how to race with other people, I'm not the only one that doesn't see you as a clean racer. I can't tell you how many times I have been in an incident with you for ignorance of the 'Golden Rule'. Have you read it? or the rest of the OLR?

"Rules
We expect all drivers to follow our OLR Rules and pursue good racecraft at all times. If you're not sure what good racecraft is, watch this video. It can be summed up in one simple 'Golden Rule' of motorsports: It is the responsibility of the overtaking driver, meaning the car that is attempting to execute the pass, to make sure that the pass is made cleanly and incident free. If you don't agree with this rule or don't think it applies to you, this is not the league for you.

Your primary goal should be racing in a group of people without so much as touching another driver.

"Sorry for the unfortunate and untimely bump" Maybe you don't realize how dirty you are. You took me out at Apricot Hill as well.

I'd just like to point out that there is a time and a place for posts like that. It's generally with a steward in a PM, not out on the board.

I'd like to propose a potential solution to the recurring issue of waiting for unresponsive prize winners to make their selections or intentions known. Maybe it's time that we implement a "you snooze, you lose" type of policy. Since the Prize C winner is now much more involved in the prize selection process than ever before, we could use him to help speed up the prize selection process instead of having him slow it down. Here's what I mean..

Let's say the prize winners are announced and then given the "all clear" to make their selections. The way it's currently set up is that the Prize B winner has to pick whether or not he wants to freeze the car/track of the combo or if he wants to be the one who picks the replacement car/track. After that decision is made, the Prize C winner gets whatever is left. What if we just gave the Prize B winner a set amount of time to post his decision on the thread. If he doesn't, the Prize C winner automatically gets the traditional Prize B prize (pick what will be replaced and also what will replace it).

On the other hand, let's say the Prize B winner does indeed post his choice in a timely manner. At that point we're waiting on the Prize C winner. But what if the Price C winner is the one that's MIA? If that's the case, perhaps we should just give the Prize B winner the traditional Prize B prize and remove the unresponsive Prize C winner from the equation (like the way it's been for the vast majority of this league's existence).

Simply put, we can't force a prize winner to log into GTPlanet and notice the "new alerts" and "mentions" of him on the thread as a prize winner. If he's completely out of the loop, we can just say to him, "you snooze, you lose!" and simply move on to a prize winner who is ready and willing to make his prize selection. In the long run, having a "you snooze, you lose" policy might have the desired effect of making guys who score well on Sunday night pay closer attention to the thread in case they are a prize winner. In the short term, it'll prevent the rushed process of trying to get suggestions and vote on a new car/track in time for the official practice night. 👍

I fully agree with the "you snooze, you lose" concept but, once the all clear to announce the winners is given, would it make sense to send each of the 3 prize winners a congratulatory pm which will also inform them of the deadline they have to work to regarding their choices? That way the administrators can be more definitive about the deadline and will be a bit more certain that the winners are aware of their obligations which, in turn, should speed up the process.

rob1nh000d,

"Rules

You teach respect by giving respect..this public post which assumes, indeed makes a you know what out of you..

Sorry I didn't get to make a pic long shift and I was out in the middle of nowhere. No Internet out there lol

Just want to say for anyone who doesnt know,(and probably mad at me for choosing the combo :P) adding body rigidty helps tame the lambo.

Good to know. I didn't want to add it out of fear that I'd get the "tuning" message in a lobby. Even though I have plenty of credits, I still didn't want to have to drop another 750k for a second one.

How is adding rigidity not tuning? WTF is PD doing?

I can se both sides.

If I took the time to seam weld and add a few structural bars "for safety" cough that result in a solid chassis that transfers more of the suspension movement to the tires rather the. Being absorbed through a less rigid chassis. Then really. I didn't "tune" it.

I'd like to propose a potential solution to the recurring issue of waiting for unresponsive prize winners to make their selections or intentions known. Maybe it's time that we implement a "you snooze, you lose" type of policy. Since the Prize C winner is now much more involved in the prize selection process than ever before, we could use him to help speed up the prize selection process instead of having him slow it down. Here's what I mean..
Let's say the prize winners are announced and then given the "all clear" to make their selections. The way it's currently set up is that the Prize B winner has to pick whether or not he wants to freeze the car/track of the combo or if he wants to be the one who picks the replacement car/track. After that decision is made, the Prize C winner gets whatever is left. What if we just gave the Prize B winner a set amount of time to post his decision on the thread. If he doesn't, the Prize C winner automatically gets the traditional Prize B prize (pick what will be replaced and also what will replace it).
On the other hand, let's say the Prize B winner does indeed post his choice in a timely manner. At that point we're waiting on the Prize C winner. But what if the Price C winner is the one that's MIA? If that's the case, perhaps we should just give the Prize B winner the traditional Prize B prize and remove the unresponsive Prize C winner from the equation (like the way it's been for the vast majority of this league's existence).
Simply put, we can't force a prize winner to log into GTPlanet and notice the "new alerts" and "mentions" of him on the thread as a prize winner. If he's completely out of the loop, we can just say to him, "you snooze, you lose!" and simply move on to a prize winner who is ready and willing to make his prize selection. In the long run, having a "you snooze, you lose" policy might have the desired effect of making guys who score well on Sunday night pay closer attention to the thread in case they are a prize winner. In the short term, it'll prevent the rushed process of trying to get suggestions and vote on a new car/track in time for the official practice night. 👍

12 Hours from the "all clear" being given should be enough time, assuming the stewards have cleared the prize winners before Thursday. If it's not done until Thursday then we need to look at a shorter timeline like 6 hours.

I fully agree with the "you snooze, you lose" concept but, once the all clear to announce the winners is given, would it make sense to send each of the 3 prize winners a congratulatory pm which will also inform them of the deadline they have to work to regarding their choices? That way the administrators can be more definitive about the deadline and will be a bit more certain that the winners are aware of their obligations which, in turn, should speed up the process.

No need to send a PM, they just need to be tagged in the post that gives prize winners the "all clear" to make their selections.

Back