photo by @Wolfsatz

ROUND THREE
Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 Base Model '13
(???HP / PP ???) (Racing Medium tires)
at Indianapolis Road Course
? laps (? minutes of qualifying)

photo by ???

Last edited:
Also, one other question. What if you do not have one of the three cars in the three rounds. Can you still participate in the other two rounds?

Hello Everyone, I am new here, and relatively new to GT6. I currently use the PS3 controller to drive, as I do not yet have a wheel.

I am also relatively new to racing in general. I am mainly a fan of F1 primarily.

I would love to give this league a try if you will have me. I have been reviewing and practicing the Racing Craft videos from iRacing and other sites. It has been a blast, but I have a lot to learn.

Sunday nights at 9:30 EST, if I am correct as to the league time, works for me as well.
@malachi666,
Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Got some potential banner pics! Hope ya like 'em!

Attachments

• Apricot Hill Raceway_2.jpg
    Apricot Hill Raceway_2.jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Apricot Hill Raceway_1.jpg
    Apricot Hill Raceway_1.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 9
  • Apricot Hill Raceway.jpg
    Apricot Hill Raceway.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 21
  • Indianapolis Road Course_2.jpg
    Indianapolis Road Course_2.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 9
  • Indianapolis Road Course_1.jpg
    Indianapolis Road Course_1.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 9
  • Indianapolis Road Course.jpg
    Indianapolis Road Course.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 9
Noob question, bare with me...
Can we adjust brake balance?

Yes - you can also improve body rigidity if you so desire. Those are your only options (in addition to getting the oil change boost).

Unfortunately, you are allowed to modify and tune your car in these ways. PD didn't give us the ability to regulate these items so they are allowed in a tuning prohibited spec racing series. Thank you PD for not giving us the proper tools to enforce the rules.

Fun first "real" stint with some of you guys online today, bummed I froze when starting the last race and more than likely lost the entire room.

Catch you tomorrow....

See what I did there? Haha.

Don

Hope to see you in official practice in the red room tommorow night, we had a decent battle tonight. :mad:

Unfortunately, you are allowed to modify and tune your car in these ways. PD didn't give us the ability to regulate these items so they are allowed in a tuning prohibited spec racing series. Thank you PD for not giving us the proper tools to enforce the rules.
So is frowned upon in S.N.A.I.L? Or are they generally accepted?

The chassis and brake balance changes are made by a bunch of people. You should do anything you can within your power to be the fastest within the official rules (and with good racecraft of course). I personally don't usually mess with those unless I've already played with the car a lot to know for sure that I'm getting a benefit.

@slammed180 Most of us don't really care... Well I don't at least. In reality, spec classes have the ability to change brake bias freely, so I don't see a big deal in reconfiguring your bias

Edit: Ninja'd

So is frowned upon in S.N.A.I.L? Or are they generally accepted?
It's "accepted". But like @JLBowler said, only because the game won't let us enforce a policy. My personal opinion is that it's frowned upon, and some others agree (some disagree).

Regarding chassis reinforcement... No matter how anyone tries to spin it, the fact is that it is modifying/tuning the performance and ability of the actual car. It's just that the game does not categorize it under their category of "tuning", so it's "accepted".

People probably joined SNAIL in a large part to participate in racing where the only variable is driver skill, right? To eliminate variables like modification and tuning skill? So then why would anyone think that increasing the chassis rigidity is OK? Sure, it's available for anyone to add or not. But the very fact that some people add this modification and some don't means that people are driving different cars in terms of performance. It's still tuning!

Just my 2 cents. Some SNAILS agree with me, some disagree. It may rub a few people the wrong way, but I can handle it. :cheers:

Back