◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,783 comments
I am completely bewildered, shocked, excited and nervous all at the same time. I have never been in the position to pick a prize before. Sometimes the privateer can surprise you! I know I won't be able to please everyone but I tried to put a combination together that had a little something for everyone. Given the new price cap, it is affordable for those that don't have a large bank roll. It is a little slow but if not respected it will bite. It is a little understeery and oversteery at the same time. It will require proper throttle control. It has grip in some areas and is a little loosey-goosey in others. It has not been used before and should make for some nice pictures. Be gentle as this is my first time!

BMW 2002 Turbo '73
Eiger Nordwand - Short Track - Reverse

(Flak jacket on)

Good choice! 👍

Hello guys,

Sorry if this is a dumb question but.. Does having many friends online (more than 20) slows down connection speed? even with notifications disabled?

Let me tell my story:

Yesterday, after being disconnected from the D5 room I deleted GT6 cache, turned of the PS3 and resettled the modem. Then I turned on all the devices and entered the D5 room only for being disconnected only a few seconds after.
Then in a kind of test, I entered a room with only french and spanish guys (They were running NASCAR! lol), hit the "watch race button" and everything was laggy, no surprise. I had 22 friend online at that moment.

I Immediatily quit the game and switched to another account (without ressetting/ turning off anything), I entered the same room and hit the watch race button and everything was running so so perfect. I even noticed the time needed to enter the room was about 5x faster. I had 6 friends online at that moment.

Hope somebody could help me as this is very very frustrating.

WARNING! SAPPINESS BELOW!!

I just realized that we broke the 100-driver milestone for the first time last night! Across all of our divisions, we had a grand total of 103 members racing on-track! While that number really doesn't mean a whole lot in the grand scheme of things, I feel that it's certainly a significant milestone that's worth acknowledging. I'd like to personally thank everyone who has helped this league grow, evolve, and improve over the last two and a half years. When I decided to start this thread, I was motivated more by curiosity than anything else. I had no clue what I was truly in for, and it's been a wild ride to say the least! And while things are constantly changing within the league, one things remains the same.. We are nothing without the passion, dedication, and innovation of our members. We've managed to collect quite a talented group of guys in our little corner of the internet. Each of us brings something different to the table, and each of us contributes in our own special way. Anyways, sorry for rambling. I just felt compelled to thank each of you for making this sim racing league so much more than just a sim racing league. It's become so much more than that, and although I never expected it, I'm truly grateful for it. Thanks you again and congrats on the milestone! :cheers:

LONG LIVE SNAIL!!!

Last edited:
Nice lap....better keep pushing
I'm expecting to be in 1.03.1xx tonight
Threw away 5 or 6 perfect laps today.
To be honest though, this is my first time being this far up the board and finding speed that I never knew existed and harness-able by me. I don't know how far I can go. The idea of being able to dip into the 03.2 was daunting enough itself.

Hello guys,

Sorry if this is a dumb question but.. Does having many friends online (more than 20) slows down connection speed? even with notifications disabled?

Let me tell my story:

Yesterday, after being disconnected from the D5 room I deleted GT6 cache, turned of the PS3 and resettled the modem. Then I turned on all the devices and entered the D5 room only for being disconnected only a few seconds after.
Then in a kind of test, I entered a room with only french and spanish guys (They were running NASCAR! lol), hit the "watch race button" and everything was laggy, no surprise. I had 22 friend online at that moment.

I Immediatily quit the game and switched to another account (without ressetting/ turning off anything), I entered the same room and hit the watch race button and everything was running so so perfect. I even noticed the time needed to enter the room was about 5x faster. I had 6 friends online at that moment.

Hope somebody could help me as this is very very frustrating.

I'm going to go with no. You're not connected to your entire friends list at any time for any reason. Sometimes just exiting and re-entering a room can give you a better connection to the room. Sometimes when watching a race, it will depend on who you are watching in the race. If you, or the other party, don't have a solid connection just viewing them can create lag. If you started watching someone else in the same race, your problem might have went away on it's own. Too many variables at work between the servers and the different drivers in the room and your connection and all of their connections.

I'm going to go with no. You're not connected to your entire friends list at any time for any reason. Sometimes just exiting and re-entering a room can give you a better connection to the room. Sometimes when watching a race, it will depend on who you are watching in the race. If you, or the other party, don't have a solid connection just viewing them can create lag. If you started watching someone else in the same race, your problem might have went away on it's own. Too many variables at work between the servers and the different drivers in the room and your connection and all of their connections.
Thanks for your help, JLBowler
Might I just have the slowest connection of the group as this happens to me only in sundays.

WARNING! SAPPINESS BELOW!!

I just realized that we broke the 100-driver milestone for the first time last night! Across all of our divisions, we had a grand total of 103 members racing on-track! While that number really doesn't mean a whole lot in the grand scheme of things, I feel that it's certainly a significant milestone that's worth acknowledging. I'd like to personally thanks everyone who has helped this league grow, evolve, and improve over the last two and a half years. When I decided to start this thread, I was motivated more by curiosity than anything else. I had no clue what I was truly in for, and it's been a wild ride to say the least! And while things are constantly changing within the league, one things remains the same.. We are nothing without the passion, dedication, and innovation of our members. We've managed to collect quite a talented group of guys in out little corner of the internet. Each of us brings something different to the table, and each of us contributes in our own special way. Anyways, sorry for rambling. I just felt compelled to thank each of you for making this sim racing league so much more than just a sim racing league. It's become so much more than that, and although I never expected that, I'm truly grateful for it. Thanks you again, and congrats on the milestone! :cheers:

LONG LIVE SNAIL!!!

Yeah except the only reason I joined this place is because I wanted to do some ACTUAL snail racing. I mean the Gran Turismo racing is fun and all but talk about false advertising.

1 million credits? I would to say...

Nissan Z GT500 Base Model. That car is a beast, less power than the GT-R that was just voted off, has so much more downforce, so it's much easier to tame.

With all of that power, you still kick the tail out whenever you like, and still have enough grip to get it back in line.

My new body color looks like a metallic version of the famous Calsonic livery.

wallpaper.jpg

I also like Nissans.

NISMO.

1 million credits? I would to say...

Nissan Z GT500 Base Model. That car is a beast, less power than the GT-R that was just voted off, has so much more downforce, so it's much easier to tame.

With all of that power, you still kick the tail out whenever you like, and still have enough grip to get it back in line.

My new body color looks like a metallic version of the famous Calsonic livery.

wallpaper.jpg

I also like Nissans.

NISMO.
so tired of some of these race cars. i think the only one i fully enjoyed was the honda integra touring car.

To be honest though, this is my first time being this far up the board and finding speed that I never knew existed and harness-able by me. I don't know how far I can go. The idea of being able to dip into the 03.2 was daunting enough itself.
So looks like @dgaf95integra and @Neovre are the 5th an 6th fastest in the US. Congrats guys!

@BayouSimDrifter I kinda agree with you on that. I would rather see one that has power, grip, and is actually easy to handle.

I think the main reasons I did so poorly in the GT-R was:

1. Lack of practice, I just didn't quite have enough time to do anything with it.
  2. The track, I just plain hate it.
  3. The stock setup. The first time I drove the GT-R GT3 way back in December, I had found the it to have too much understeer for my liking, and too easy to light up the rear tires and spin. I remedied that with some a little bit of work to the suspension and aerodynamics. I solved the problem with the power by having taller gears.

I am completely bewildered, shocked, excited and nervous all at the same time. I have never been in the position to pick a prize before. Sometimes the privateer can surprise you! I know I won't be able to please everyone but I tried to put a combination together that had a little something for everyone. Given the new price cap, it is affordable for those that don't have a large bank roll. It is a little slow but if not respected it will bite. It is a little understeery and oversteery at the same time. It will require proper throttle control. It has grip in some areas and is a little loosey-goosey in others. It has not been used before and should make for some nice pictures. Be gentle as this is my first time!

BMW 2002 Turbo '73

(Flak jacket on)

@zer05ive the stats for the BMW are:
PP - 394
HP - 176
Tires - SH
Weight - 1080 kg
DT - FR
# of laps - Best guess will be 8

And a few pictures for @Troggy

Eiger Nordwand - Short Track.jpg

Eiger Nordwand - Short Track_1.jpg

Eiger Nordwand - Short Track_2.jpg

And of course a jump pic.
Eiger Nordwand - Short Track_3.jpg

Last edited:
Combos (almost):

Toyota 2000GT '67 (379 PP / 161 HP) on Sport Hard tires

(now running at)

at ________________ (@dcallnight )

new combo:

BMW 2002 Turbo '73 (394 PP / 176 hp) on Sport Hard tires

at Eiger Nordwand - Short Track - Reverse (8? laps)

Subaru BRZ GT300 Base Model '12 (518 PP / 361 hp) on Racing Hard tires

(remains at)

Grand Valley Speedway - (6 laps / 7 minutes qualifying)

@zer05ive can update once dcall makes his 'call' on a new home for the 2000GT.

@chuyler1, I've raced with you before and... You're fast, meaning, you have talent. When a person has above average talent like you do, since you smoked D4, 3 and 2, the only practice you need is 15 minutes to adapt to a new car and another ten to realize that car's breaking points and throttle acceptance.
My talent level is lower than yours, it's only fairly D3 compatible and the only practice I got before Sunday races was 1 hour before Sunday races and guess what... I got a 5th place overall, 2 points away from 2nd.
I know D1 is kinda out of this world, that's why everybody calls you aliens but I also know that you are fast as hell and talented and all you need is to program your chip for they're pace, enter in a practice room for 20 minutes and instead of getting on track, just "watch" and follow DGAF, Russ, Slopoke or whoever D1'er is practicing there.
You have no idea of how much I improved my driving and got D3 fit just by watching faster guys doing laps around the track... not following them in my car.... just on "watch" mode.
Go for it Chuyler... You can do it.

I feel my success in D2/D3 was more about consistency than speed. I think that consistency is still evident in my D1 races. When placed on the front row of reverse grid races I do manage to keep a good chunk of drivers behind me....but I also think my slow pace is often leaving a wake of destruction behind me as I create a bottleneck. On the qualifying races I'm usually consistent...consistently slower. I watch them pull away on lap 1 then I race the remaining 8-9 minutes on an empty track hoping for a big crash that will allow me to pick up a few spots.

I don't recall getting any pole positions during my time in D2/D3. I scored well by starting mid-pack in D2, gaining a spot or two, then doing very well in the reverse grid races. With the fastest drivers from D3 upgraded to D2 I think that would still be the case, even without the drivers who were also promoted to D1 when I was. I'm not a fast lapper, or fast racer...I just settle into a comfortable rhythm.

@chuyler1 Would there be any way to move into a division that could be a good balance of your ability with low practice time and the level of the drivers in that division? Not only could this still be fun for you, but maybe it would be fun for those in that division as well. For example, it might provide a unique opportunity for the drivers who might be pushing hard and practicing long hours to be on the same level as you are with low hours because it might provide some lessons such as how you might be relaxing more to achieve your times with more fluidity; or any of the other possible interesting contrasts (how you rely on quickly applying your knowledge of a track, a car's handling characteristics, and your knowledge of how to go through similar corners). You might enjoy a little more teaching and the appreciation that comes with that.

Just some ideas.
That's pretty much exactly what I was doing while in D2/D3/D4. I was a little more active helping drivers on practice night because I was running laps slightly faster than them. I have nothing to contribute to D1 when I am at times 4 seconds off pace. I've watched the replays, but the input lag of the replay doesn't really show where I am losing speed.

Sorry guys I have been away from the forums for a couple of days. I am in D8 and I vote for combo 1 as the one to go. I liked it, but I want to try something new.

As an aside, this is why you should always check the racetrack BEFORE entering...

I feel my success in D2/D3 was more about consistency than speed. I think that consistency is still evident in my D1 races. When placed on the front row of reverse grid races I do manage to keep a good chunk of drivers behind me....but I also think my slow pace is often leaving a wake of destruction behind me as I create a bottleneck. On the qualifying races I'm usually consistent...consistently slower. I watch them pull away on lap 1 then I race the remaining 8-9 minutes on an empty track hoping for a big crash that will allow me to pick up a few spots.

I don't recall getting any pole positions during my time in D2/D3. I scored well by starting mid-pack in D2, gaining a spot or two, then doing very well in the reverse grid races. With the fastest drivers from D3 upgraded to D2 I think that would still be the case, even without the drivers who were also promoted to D1 when I was. I'm not a fast lapper, or fast racer...I just settle into a comfortable rhythm.

That's pretty much exactly what I was doing while in D2/D3/D4. I was a little more active helping drivers on practice night because I was running laps slightly faster than them. I have nothing to contribute to D1 when I am at times 4 seconds off pace. I've watched the replays, but the input lag of the replay doesn't really show where I am losing speed.
Yep, a big part is consistency especially in human divisions. I placed 3rd in Sunday's races, but my fast lap times are incredibly slow for all combos. For example, I had the 2nd slowest fast lap time in all of D3 for both Combo 2 races, but finished 6th/14 in both races. So in each race I finished in front of 7 other drivers that were capable of putting together significantly faster laps than me. The difference was that I was able to hold my times in traffic, and keep the car on-track. I only gained 5 positions in both of those races combined, but each of those were because the person in front of me made a mistake. I finished 4 positions in front of a guy whose fast lap was 1.2 seconds faster than my fast lap. If you can finish 6 laps at a pace of 1:57 per lap, you will still finish in front of a guy that does 5 laps of 1:55.8 and makes a mistake with 1 lap of 2:02.

When you get to D1 it seems like everyone is consistent. So if you don't have the pace to keep up, you're done for, because they will not make the big mistakes.

BMW 2002 Turbo '73

(Flak jacket on)

I feel like I'm doing a hillclimb event in Europe which is hella awesome but that open differential moment though ... ugh D=

Back