◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,756 comments
I feel my success in D2/D3 was more about consistency than speed. I think that consistency is still evident in my D1 races. When placed on the front row of reverse grid races I do manage to keep a good chunk of drivers behind me....but I also think my slow pace is often leaving a wake of destruction behind me as I create a bottleneck. On the qualifying races I'm usually consistent...consistently slower. I watch them pull away on lap 1 then I race the remaining 8-9 minutes on an empty track hoping for a big crash that will allow me to pick up a few spots.

I don't recall getting any pole positions during my time in D2/D3. I scored well by starting mid-pack in D2, gaining a spot or two, then doing very well in the reverse grid races. With the fastest drivers from D3 upgraded to D2 I think that would still be the case, even without the drivers who were also promoted to D1 when I was. I'm not a fast lapper, or fast racer...I just settle into a comfortable rhythm.

That's pretty much exactly what I was doing while in D2/D3/D4. I was a little more active helping drivers on practice night because I was running laps slightly faster than them. I have nothing to contribute to D1 when I am at times 4 seconds off pace. I've watched the replays, but the input lag of the replay doesn't really show where I am losing speed.

In the races that have data entered, you were four seconds off the fast lap in one combo. It's not like you're consistently four seconds off the fast lap. Based on the data and the replays I have been able to watch, you spent just as much time racing with someone in D1 as you did in D2. The difference here is that in D2 you were running up front and in D1 your running mid pack to the back for the most part. I will admit, I haven't watch all the replays from the last two months (mostly because D1 is rarely uploaded) but I have watched quite a few. Your fast laps in D1 are faster than anyone in D2 who isn't on the short list to be promoted to D1 and since you are so consistent in those times (your words) you would most likely walk away with D2 just as the guys who are up for promotion (who are running similar laps times to you) did this month.

I raced with still racing on Sunday West Coast divisionquote="JLBowler, post: 9610079, member: 183822"]In the races that have data entered, you were four seconds off the fast lap in one combo. It's not like you're consistently four seconds off the fast lap. Based on the data and the replays I have been able to watch, you spent just as much time racing with someone in D1 as you did in D2. The difference here is that in D2 you were running up front and in D1 your running mid pack to the back for the most part. I will admit, I haven't watch all the replays from the last two months (mostly because D1 is rarely uploaded) but I have watched quite a few. Your fast laps in D1 are faster than anyone in D2 who isn't on the short list to be promoted to D1 and since you are so consistent in those times (your words) you would most likely walk away with D2 just as the guys who are up for promotion (who are running similar laps times to you) did this month.[/quote]
In the races that have data entered, you were four seconds off the fast lap in one combo. It's not like you're consistently four seconds off the fast lap. Based on the data and the replays I have been able to watch, you spent just as much time racing with someone in D1 as you did in D2. The difference here is that in D2 you were running up front and in D1 your running mid pack to the back for the most part. I will admit, I haven't watch all the replays from the last two months (mostly because D1 is rarely uploaded) but I have watched quite a few. Your fast laps in D1 are faster than anyone in D2 who isn't on the short list to be promoted to D1 and since you are so consistent in those times (your words) you would most likely walk away with D2 just as the guys who are up for promotion (who are running similar laps times to you) did this month.
that, right there, is a genius solution to travel.
Holy smokes, I'm so copying that...
I

I raced with snow racing on Sunday.I enjoyed the competition and the courtesy on and off the track. The thing is I don't think I should have been racing with the league. Come to find out I have to qualify and place myselfwith some time trials and other qualifying events. If I can get some information on how and which things I need to dowould be great I would really like to continue racing in the league. Thank you and I will be watching for a reply

Some race night I'm going to have to try to host from work.

3470207015.png

I raced with snow racing on Sunday.I enjoyed the competition and the courtesy on and off the track. The thing is I don't think I should have been racing with the league. Come to find out I have to qualify and place myselfwith some time trials and other qualifying events. If I can get some information on how and which things I need to dowould be great I would really like to continue racing in the league. Thank you and I will be watching for a reply

Skills should be along with a welcome message for you, but in the meantime, here's an earlier one he sent out.

Which room were you in? Somebody has some explaining to do.

When you get to D1 it seems like everyone is consistent. So if you don't have the pace to keep up, you're done for, because they will not make the big mistakes.
Exactly. They rarely make mistakes...and when they do, if it is early enough in the race they will still catch me.

I guess I'll have to see the lap time stats for this month. I'm sure you are right that I would be at the upper end of D2, especially if you promote other drivers. I doubt I'd be running circles around them though...unless a combo stays around long enough for me to master it (ie Spa/Megane). I don't care about winning...I just want to be in a division where I get the opportunity to be on offense and pass someone that isn't mowing the grass instead of playing defense and/or racing alone all night.

3470280722.png

Download speed at work is faster than at my house. :lol: But the upload speed is slower... odd. o.O :confused:

@dcallnight

The clock is ticking and everyone is waiting on you to pick a track. You have until 23:59 eastern time tonight to make a selection. If you haven't done so by that time, everyone who raced in D8 will be allowed to make one suggestion for a track to replace Rome and then the entire league that raced will vote to determine the new track.

@dcallnight

The clock is ticking and everyone is waiting on you to pick a track. You have until 23:59 eastern time tonight to make a selection. If you haven't done so by that time, everyone who raced in D8 will be allowed to make one suggestion for a track to replace Rome and then the entire league that raced will vote to determine the new track.

I do believe he's a young one. So he's been in HS all day.

Which room were you in? Somebody has some explaining to do.
JL,

He was in the West Coast room and was running some quick laps:) We run open lobbies so this is not abnormal. Is that an ok explanation;)

I think @Jason M just needs a welcome email and then he can run the time trial and choose which time slot works for him.

JL,

He was in the West Coast room and was running some quick laps:) We run open lobbies so this is not abnormal. Is that an ok explanation;)

I think @Jason M just needs a welcome email and then he can run the time trial and choose which time slot works for him.

If a driver is not registered they shouldn't be racing in the Sunday night races. The time for that is in any of the multitude of practice rooms that run during the week. Having someone who is not earning points, can't be penalized for improper driving, and may or may not be in the right spot only makes problems for the rest of whatever division they are running in. This is just another example of why all Sunday night rooms should be run as friends only and not an open lobby.

If a driver is not registered they shouldn't be racing in the Sunday night races. The time for that is in any of the multitude of practice rooms that run during the week. Having someone who is not earning points, can't be penalized for improper driving, and may or may not be in the right spot only makes problems for the rest of whatever division they are running in. This is just another example of why all Sunday night rooms should be run as friends only and not an open lobby.
I totally understand this for the normal divisions as they are in with a chance for prizes and promotion/relegation. But for us West Coasters we are just having fun and are a bit more laid back. Sure we are competitive and trying to win but we are also dealing with the ebb and flow of drivers so having a clean fast random join us who follows instructions is a plus. Especially if it means racing with 6 rather than 5 guys.

So far we have not had any issues and we kick anyone that does not agree to race clean and use the right car. I have asked the WC guys about this several time and the overall decision has been to allow them in. Plus if we find more racers like Jason to join us then it is a big plus.

friends only is not the solution for the bugged gt6. As last sunday neither me or kgffy could see the room. Actually i couldnt see d1 or 4 either.

We all rebooted including the host with no success.

Started racing almost 30 min late once room was made public.

Room host who do their job by only allowing members to race is the key.

All you have to do when you can't see a friends only room in the menu is search by track and it will come right up. A simple work around if you ask me. We have discussed many times the benefits of a friends only room over an open lobby and the benefits outweigh the drawbacks. The hosts need to get on board and set it up the way they are supposed to so you're right about room hosts doing their job. They just need to do their entire job.

Back