◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,416 comments
I will upload some pictures for the combo banners, and start practicing, because I am thinking on participating this Sunday! :D

About GT Academy... on the second round, I have done a 1:36.6xx so far, almost on midnight, without any motivation to stay awake, but I know I lose a lot of time in the first and second sector, about .600 - 1 sec, the way I get through the chicane is good enough to not lose a lot of time, I even think I gain a little bit of time there :D

Idk honestly man I think its just a lag in the servers we saw each other all the other races and qualifying

Lag is not created by the server. Lag is created by the user's ability or inability to send and receive data in a timely fashion. Each user is connected to every other user and that is where the information is sent and received. The server plays a very minor role for PS3 games. It mainly serves to authenticate users and give them a place to meet. All of the hosting duties fall on the users.

Lag is not created by the server. Lag is created by the user's ability or inability to send and receive data in a timely fashion. Each user is connected to every other user and that is where the information is sent and received. The server plays a very minor role for PS3 games. It mainly serves to authenticate users and give them a place to meet. All of the hosting duties fall on the users.
Thanks i did not know that about the servers

It's that time of the week...
TONIGHT!

DriveTrain Challenge!
05/13/2014 at 10:00 PM EST/ 7:00 pm PST
(Event will take place in a friends only room)

Qualifying and the first race will take place at: Apricot Hill (Reverse)
This event will run with a combined PP of:
1580. All cars must be between 375pp and 415pp and tires will be sports hard.

Choose one car from each drivetrain (FF, FR, 4WD, MR/RR) with the total PP at or under 1575.

If you would like to participate in the next event please post in this thread that you would like to take part. We will add your name to the list. You can also add your name and car lineup to the:

^ This sheet can be used to find the PP value for cars in GT6.

Please send a PSN friend request by 9pm EST tonight to Ice_Warden in order to join the race lobby. Post any questions in the DTC thread.

Here are some banner photos for @Troggy or whomever might be making them.

Also, since the Suzuki isn't paintable (car, nor wheels), try to choose a color from the dealership that is close to your normal color. You don't need to submit a color change for this car however.

Car stats for the new combos @Dragonwhisky @zer05ive @kcheeb @JLBowler

Suzuki GSX-R/4 '01
PP - 499 (after oil change)
HP - 180
Wt - 640 kg
Tires - Sports Medium
DT - MR
Laps - 7 laps

Ferrari 365 GTB4 '71
PP - 503 (after oil change)
HP - 363
Wt - 1200 kg
Tires - Sports Medium
DT - FR
Laps - 4 will put you in the 9:00-10 minute range / 5 would be in the 11:15-12+ range

Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit.jpg

Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_1.jpg

Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_2.jpg

Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_3.jpg

Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_4.jpg

Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_5.jpg

Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit.jpg

There is something about this picture below that I really like.
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_1.jpg

Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_2.jpg

Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_3.jpg

Can we get clarification on the tires for the Ferrari?
Do we measure the PP before or after the oil change? If after oil change then technically we should be running SS as the car is above 500PP

Can we get clarification on the tires for the Ferrari?
Do we measure the PP before or after the oil change? If after oil change then technically we should be running SS as the car is above 500PP

I know that @KTR5 and @Azure Flare already answered your question but I would like to tell you where to find the answer. The first post of this thread contains the tire regulations for our league and specifies that the pp is based on the number as it is shown in the dealership. The first post contains either the answer to, or a link to find the answer to, most possible questions that could come up. The link at the bottom of the first post called frequently used documents is a list of all the league policies that we use on a daily basis around here.

I know that @KTR5 and @Azure Flare already answered your question but I would like to tell you where to find the answer. The first post of this thread contains the tire regulations for our league and specifies that the pp is based on the number as it is shown in the dealership. The first post contains either the answer to, or a link to find the answer to, most possible questions that could come up. The link at the bottom of the first post called frequently used documents is a list of all the league policies that we use on a daily basis around here.

When on Page 1960 of a thread you don't always think of going to Page 1 :)

Division 6 Data Summary
May 11, 2014

First I'd like to apologize to @Dragonwhisky regarding my public complaints for when to enter data. Although it wasn't as fast or easy to do it his way, it got done just fine. Having my oldest son gone yesterday (he's in DC for the week) and my youngest son home sick today helped get it done. Again, I'm sorry for being stubborn.

@aliengamer25's skill was unmatchable. So was his improvement over the flying DeLorean.

Grand Valley Speedway.jpg

Race Results & Data

Top 5 Scores
1st - @aliengamer25 - 87 points - Gold - 3 | Bronze - 1
2nd - @KTR5 - 83 points - Silver - 1 | Bronze - 3
3rd - @euclid58 - 75 points - Silver - 1
4th - @rob1nh000d - 73 points - Gold - 1 | Silver - 1
5th - @Piler - 71 points - Gold - 1 | Silver - 1

Pole Lap Honors:
Round 1 : @aliengamer25 - 1:46.607
Round 2 : @aliengamer25 - 1:56.210
Round 3 : @aliengamer25 - 1:49.022

Race Winners:
Round 1 Race 1 : @aliengamer25 [gap to 2nd = 3.245]
Round 1 Race 2 : @rob1nh000d [gap to 2nd = 0.550]

Round 2 Race 1 : @aliengamer25 [gap to 2nd = 1.127]
Round 2 Race 2 : @Piler [gap to 2nd = 8.319]

Round 3 Race 1 : @aliengamer25 [gap to 2nd = 9.867]
Round 3 Race 2 : @TMoMoney [gap to 2nd = .686]

Fast Lap honors:
Round 1 Race 1 : @aliengamer25 - 1:47.213
Round 1 Race 2 : @KTR5 - 1:47.292

Round 2 Race 1 : @goofytyler - 1:55.772
Round 2 Race 2 : @aliengamer25 - 1:55.771

Round 3 Race 1 : @aliengamer25 - 1:48.663
Round 3 Race 2 : @rob1nh000d - 1:49.718

Fast Race:
Round 1: 10:52.727 (@aliengamer25)
Round 2: 11:44.808 (@aliengamer25)
Round 3: 11:03.921 (@aliengamer25)

Highest Gap, first to last:
Round 2, Race 1: 48.547

Smallest Gap, first to last:
Round 2, Race 2: 34.2376

Complete Results

Thanks to @nmcp1 for this great idea and @fizzer for some additional stats.

When on Page 1960 of a thread you don't always think of going to Page 1 :)

When there is that much information in one post, it should always be your first thought when you have a question. If you're already in the thread it's one click away. Just go to the bottom or top of the page and click the box with a "1" in it and you're there. Tons of information right in front of you. You might even learn something you didn't know by reading it.

Since the new combos are out now, I would like to mention something. All the recently new drivers who just joined in the past week or so please respect practice rooms when you arent hosting. I had a bit of an issue Thursday with someone who claimed they had signed up but couldn't understand why he couldn't drive his V12 Vantage on the Tokyo course while we we practicing. A V12 Vantage is not a Corvette C7, plain and simple, some people here take there practice session seriously because A. They do not get much of it or B. They need all the practice they can get to keep up. So please if a host doesn't give you permission please don't jump in any car any start hammering down around us, its not a free for all there is a reason why tracks and cars are pre-determined for the upcoming week. Thank you.

Since the new combos are out now, I would like to mention something. All the recently new drivers who just joined in the past week or so please respect practice rooms when you arent hosting. I had a bit of an issue Thursday with someone who claimed they had signed up but couldn't understand why he couldn't drive his V12 Vantage on the Tokyo course while we we practicing. A V12 Vantage is not a Corvette C7, plain and simple, some people here take there practice session seriously because A. They do not get much of it or B. They need all the practice they can get to keep up. So please if a host doesn't give you permission please don't jump in any car any start hammering down around us, its not a free for all there is a reason why tracks and cars are pre-determined for the upcoming week. Thank you.

You can also restrict them by selecting country and manufacturer in the settings for the room.

I am liking the combo's already. Suzuki is more controllable at brands hatch than the mini was. The Ferrari car is really good on the mount panorama circuit. I use the analog stick to steer with my controller so i am sure any SNAIL drivers using a steering wheel going to enjoy these combo's as well.

Glad you like the Suzuki Champ it was hard to pick between that and the Caterham

Room open

Closed

1:33.6 in the GSX witout oil change. I am not consistent and easily see a time in the low 32s. I would not be surprised to be several seconds off the pace. Fun car:)

Last edited:
My 3/4 of a lap at Brands Hatch: tricky if you are not in right gear/line - more punishing than Mini in that respect - and very/more rewarding and controllable if you do line it up.

My first half lap at Mt Panorama - 'possibly' interesting. Honestly, I have general concerns about that track and SNAIL. Respecting the car in front of you, "just tapping" at corners where the trailing driver (repeatedly) hits your bum-bum-bum-bumppp-er, assuming a divebomb counts as overlap... these are a few of my (not liked at Mt Panorama) things.

Back