◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,746 comments
Being moved to a division where there is no chance to score a win and racing in the back is not something that I really want to spend time prepping for. Ive had a number of races with them in practice lobbies and wasnt even close to their laps times. I was having a hard enough time in D4 and was lucky last week that some key fast guys were not in attendance. That and being moved mid season and losing out on a chance of a division win is tough to take. Yes winning is not everything but we all want a chance at a win. Thats why we race

From what I have seen I would think you'd have plenty of pace to do well in D3. A couple of drivers who were dominating D3 have been moved up to D2 which should leave a more balanced field and they're a good bunch of guys. Don't give up before you have tried it.

So long D6, had some good times with you guys.:cheers:
I guess it's time to get reacquainted with D7. Hopefully a smooth transition. I'll make sure not to interfere with guys running for season championship.

Do I need to know anything to join D7 tonight?

Being moved to a division where there is no chance to score a win and racing in the back is not something that I really want to spend time prepping for. Ive had a number of races with them in practice lobbies and wasnt even close to their laps times. I was having a hard enough time in D4 and was lucky last week that some key fast guys were not in attendance. That and being moved mid season and losing out on a chance of a division title is tough to take. Yes winning is not everything but we all want a chance at a win. Thats why we race

When you are 22 points ahead of the guy who just scored 95 in one week and 33 points ahead of 3rd place after two weeks, do you really feel that you are in the division that gives you the best possible competition?

So long D6, had some good times with you guys.:cheers:
I guess it's time to get reacquainted with D7. Hopefully a smooth transition. I'll make sure not to interfere with guys running for season championship.
Do I need to know anything to join D7 tonight?

Just be friends with wvhellbilly as it looks like he will be hosting tonight according to the post just before yours.

When you are 22 points ahead of the guy who just scored 95 in one week and 33 points ahead of 3rd place after two weeks, do you really feel that you are in the division that gives you the best possible competition?

I guess whats sucks is the fact that people are going for divisions titles and they get pulled mid season. I was under the impression that you looked at more than just point standings when the relegation/promotion takes place. I kept hearing, " SNAIL looks at who was racing those weeks, lap times, differentials, stats, stats and more stats to make the moves yet it sounds like the move was because of the standings. I also thought that it only happened after the season ended. I knew I was going to end up in D3 after this season, so I put in extra effort to try and get the D4 title this month. I normally I cant put in this much effort for a race and it looks like it backfired on me. The key to winning a division is to lay low the first 2 weeks and then go for points in the final weeks.

Promotion and Relegation
Although we split our drivers into separate divisions based on performance and skill level, we realize that our drivers are constantly improving and deserve a chance to climb the ladder of success. That's why we promote and relegate drivers before every season based on the results and data compiled during the previous season. This is also done to ensure that our races are as competitive as possible for all of our league members, top to bottom. Regardless of which division you're in, you will almost always be fighting to gain or defend a position on the track. Simply put, no other Gran Turismo league in the world can offer this much competitive racing to so many different skill levels.
I guess the above is no longer accurate.

Again, I understand winning is not everything but if you are awarding points, the the goal is to earn as much as possible cleanly and race for a aim for a division title

Last edited:
@SHOCKY_WELL I will be hosting D7 tonight.

I will be running D7 as friends only tonight. If you are not already on my friends list you need to send me a friend request by 8:45 tonight.
Please don't wait til 920 to send friend requests guys. You all know you can't get into the room if the room is already started.

For those who know how to play with changing proxies. BlancPain Sprint Series Qualifying at Brands Hatch GP this weekend.
Maybe we can do some GT3 cars there next week? :dopey:

(I'm using German proxy to watch right now)

Div-4 will be Friends ONLY.
Make sure you have sent FRs well ahead of time as directed.

Maybe we can do some GT3 cars there next week? :dopey:

I would say the Mercedes SLS is the best option. The GT-R was a disaster for me, and the R8 LMS and Z4 would be virtually undriveable.

I guess whats sucks is the fact that people are going for divisions titles and they get pulled mid season. I was under the impression that you looked at more than just point standings when the relegation/promotion takes place. I kept hearing, " SNAIL looks at who was racing those weeks, lap times, differentials, stats, stats and more stats to make the moves yet it sounds like the move was because of the standings. I also thought that it only happened after the season ended. I knew I was going to end up in D3 after this season, so I put in extra effort to try and get the D4 title this month. I normally I cant put in this much effort for a race and it looks like it backfired on me. The key to winning a division is to lay low the first 2 weeks and then go for points in the final weeks.

I guess the above is no longer accurate.

Again, I understand winning is not everything but if you are awarding points, the the goal is to earn as much as possible cleanly and race for a aim for a division title

The main goal here is right after the part of the text that you bolded. We strive to provide close, competitive racing for EVERYONE. We don't strive to provide an environment where any one or two drivers are able to dominate a division. When drivers realize a jump in skill, or in your case, decide to try a little harder, they get promoted as soon as it's obvious that they are in the wrong division. I can throw data and stats at you til the cows come home but when the finishing position is as lopsided as it is in your case, there isn't much else that really needs to be looked at. You were beating the remaining D4 field by almost 3 positions per race. I would love to be able to throw lap times at you here, but your division doesn't have anyone who has volunteered to enter the lap time data.

Providing a close, competitive race environment for all drivers is much more important than one driver winning a monthly championship that doesn't award anything but bragging rights. I guess you have to ask yourself, do you want to win a monthly championship against a division that isn't providing consistent competition or do you want to challenge yourself on a weekly basis?

I would say the Mercedes SLS is the best option. The GT-R was a disaster for me, and the R8 LMS and Z4 would be virtually undriveable.

R8 LMS has gotten a lot better as far as I know, but I haven't driven for quite a while despite it being my favorite car in GT5 due to the physics screw up at the beginning of GT6. Would be nice if we have a brave prize winner to test it out next week

The R8 LMS felt tamer after I messed with the settings, but still doesn't feel stable to me.

Being moved to a division where there is no chance to score a win and racing in the back is not something that I really want to spend time prepping for. Ive had a number of races with them in practice lobbies and wasnt even close to their laps times. I was having a hard enough time in D4 and was lucky last week that some key fast guys were not in attendance. That and being moved mid season and losing out on a chance of a division title is tough to take. Yes winning is not everything but we all want a chance at a win. Thats why we race

I have faith in you man :gtpflag:

8:50pm Eastern
No FRs received - Opening Div 4
No FR from oneloadedbanana

Last edited:
I had a nice battle with @dgaf95integra last week... good color combo.;)

iE2Yt5Sl.jpg

Well, my time was short lived in snail.
I have a hard time understanding your attitude about this.

Being promoted to a higher division is an honor and what we should all be striving for. Sure if you stay in the lower division you may win the title but would you rather be the NCAA Division 2 winner or be considered good enough to be Division 1? Or would you turn down a chance to race F1 just so you could win a Formula 3 championship?

Come on we all end up at some point racing against people that are faster than us. That is when we get to push our selves and improve. Racing against people that you have no trouble beating is a pretty hollow victory.

Back