◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,696 comments
GT Academy 2014
ROUND 3 is ACTIVE

Nissan GT-R Black edition at Mount Panorama (Bathurst) is ROUND 3 for the 2014 GT Academy. Please submit your times with the form below.

Good luck to everyone as this is the first of 2 rounds that count. You have to accept their Terms and Conditions in order to take part.

NOTE:
It seems like the boundaries are stricter than in the previous two rounds. In some places, even 2 wheels outside the white line gets your lap invalidated.

SUBMISSION FORM

DATABASE

I will sort and remove each individuals slower submission each night.

I will link this post in my signature.

Last edited:
How do i get to the D1 folder to upload replays?

Can some tell us where does danger zone upload d1 replays????

In this post

There is this paragraph;

Replays must be uploaded to the proper place. The preferred location is the steward’s folder. This is located here: D1, D2, D3, D4, D5, D6, D7, D8, WC. If you do not have access to these folders then the open folder is located here: public folder.

Might be a good idea for each replay uploader, and the backup uploaders, to bookmark and favoritize their respective folders and for every SNAIL to do the same to the public folder. You never know when you may be called on to step up and give some back for your division.

Some great racing in D3 last night although it unfortunately ended early for me when my console suddenly shut down mid way through race 5. Floyd and Vrap may have left us to deservedly join D2 but the void they left was ably filled by Rednose coming in and Unleashed raising his game strongly along with JoeW. I don't know yet how the final results turned out but it was a sign of how competitive it was when after 4 races 3 of us were tied on points for 1st place.

The Ferrari at Silverstone in particular provided some close and entertaining racing.

Some great racing in D3 last night although it unfortunately ended early for me when my console suddenly shut down mid way through race 5. Floyd and Vrap may have left us to deservedly join D2 but the void they left was ably filled by Rednose coming in and Unleashed raising his game strongly along with JoeW. I don't know yet how the final results turned out but it was a sign of how competitive it was when after 4 races 3 of us were tied on points for 1st place.

The Ferrari at Silverstone in particular provided some close and entertaining racing.

In addition to the 3 way tie for first after 4 races, we finished the night with 6 different drivers spraying the champagne from the top step, last night in D3. It doesn't really get much more balanced.

In addition to the 3 way tie for first after 4 races, we finished the night with 6 different drivers spraying the champagne from the top step, last night in D3. It doesn't really get much more balanced.

Division – Different drivers reaching podium - Racers completing 5+ races in a night

D1 – 8 of 10 reached podium

D2 – 5 of 5 reached podium

D3 – 6 of 8 reached podium

D4 – 7 of 7 reached podium

D5 – 7 of 8 reached podium

D6 – 7 of 8 reached podium

D7 – 6 of 7 reached podium

D8 – 4 of 4 reached podium

WC – 5 of 6 reached podium

Last edited:
Last night Div 4 did not have: Scorekeeper, Statistician, Uploader, Downloader, and barely had a Race director (whose head was facing forward)
Votes were sent to JLBowler in a PM
Not a good night, organizationally, for D-4.

PS - Two members were going to contact JLBowler concerning pictures of the Finish Board, and Uploading process. Votes: Combo 1: 1 vote; Combo 2: 1 vote; Combo 3: 6 votes.
One driver left early in disgust with Combo 1.

Its nice to see that when someone respectfully voices a concern or an issue with something while not making it with personal attacks that the same respect is given back. I particularly like the attacks from the room host that I was moved too, and it appears that SNAIL management is OK with this approach.

I never attacked anyone personally in my posts yet is seems ok and accepted for others to attack me personally. Makes me want to race in D3 even more now. Nice.
I don't recall seeing @Wolfsatz making any comments about this issue. He is the main host.

Regarding my "attack" on you and the SNAIL management's stance....

I am not a steward, a manager nor do I collect $hells for my contributions (when they rarely occur) to the league. I am just a guy with a halfway decent internet connection and I know how to set room settings for race night. SNAIL is group of over 100 active members. The "management" is a group of volunteers and regular people...and the racers are regular people. We all have different personalities and perspectives on life, the universe and everything. We are not bound by employee contracts etc. This is a public forum and we are allowed to voice our opinions on the daily occurrences regarding other postings here. This is what makes this country great.

I don't like everyone here, nor does everyone like me. In fact, I'm sure there are inner-division rivalries as well. Not everyone likes everyone. So when your e-feelings get hurt, don't point at the management. Just ignore it and grow stronger from it. You can't file a cyber bullying lawsuit around here...just blow it off and get stronger. A lot of people were aghast at your original post...but I don't mind being the focal point of your e-anger.

This place is cyclical. I used to really dislike @Drgreenthumb977 , then I was singing his praises just a few months ago, and now I dislike him again :) See how things change? I'm sure we will like each other again someday soon :)

Anyways...if you stay, it's all good. You can hate me when you pass me on the track and laugh maniacally. If you leave...then I will offer a meaningless quote..."So long and thanks for all the fish".

Last edited:
So I could have won the night but for this strange event. I was coming around a corner and saw @intoflatlines sliding in the dirt on the side of the track. Then his car slid sideways across my path (in that slow sideways lag-induced way). His car collided with mine causing me to lose control etc. Then his car just disappeared. His car magically reappeared 500yds further down the track undamaged as if nothing happened to him. I'm sure his replay will show his race ran without a hitch. But mine shows he even got last place when he actually finishes much higher.

I coulda been a contender...rack a fracka....mumble grumble...

@zer05ive, @ExoSphere64, @JLBowler, @Dragonwhisky

Just chiming in to let the stewards know...

If I am not dropped back down to D2 I am done with SNAIL. I have had enough with being completely outgunned by everyone in D1. Please don't misinterpret this as the desire to win as you have before. It isn't that at all. It is the desire to race. 3 out of the 6 races each week I have been the back marker or close to it instead of in the thick of pack racing. The finish results above last place almost always involve other drivers crashing bad enough that they end up behind me. The other 3 races I am simply in the way getting pushed aside by faster drivers making aggressive moves. My only defense at this point has to become aggressive myself. Rather than stoop to their level I would prefer to drop down to a division where I can battle drivers cleanly and actually have fun.

Please don't give me the lap time excuse either. My lap times are right in line with D2 for mid-pack racing. The only time they might exceed D2 is when a combo stays for numerous weeks. For example the Megane at Spa was in the line up long enough to give my performance the illusion of having D1 status. The fact is I don't have time to practice as much as D1 drivers and that is not going to change anytime soon.

How that can be similar, you wasn't here see what happened. Nothing about what you saying are supporting me. I didn't see a racer and 30sec I did a brb as a speed-light ( I was ready on the button) and after I saw him but the race was start on purpose. I agree with the issues connectivity but its not the point.
One of my first nights in a new division, we lined up at turn one and made sure that everyone could see the same number of drivers. I was missing one or two. I told the host/director that I was missing people, and said that I was exiting and coming back, but when I came back (within a minute) they had started the race. Then a couple of races later, someone else had the same thing happen but everyone waited for them this time. I was ****ing pissed. But oh well, I moved on. :(

D4 replays are being uploaded to the public folder currently, although I'm missing Combo 1, Race 2 (doh).

Also, @Handlebar I added you to the D4 results convo.

EDIT: Replay is taking a long-*** time... never had this issue with Google Docs before... hmm.

Lucky edit #3: Upload complete.

Last edited:
Without being too specific, because the subject may still be a little sensitive, my experience was kind of close to yours. Again, sorry for what happened. I know you are a considerate person and desire a positive, fair experience for everyone and you deserve positive, fair treatment yourself, as does everyone. I really appreciate your approach and support for S.N.A.I.L. I just want to say I feel for you and am sorry this has happened to you. Is it possible to file an incident report for something such as this? Even if it would not result in penalty points, it may still be recorded in the Google Incident Sheet and may give the person involved pause in the future. Another idea is that maybe a request could be made to make it S.N.A.I.L. standard operating procedure (S.O.P.) to give a certain (reasonable) amount of time to a driver who leaves a room to return before a race is started. We certainly seem to have a fair share of drivers who can not be seen, who have to cycle their entry to the room, and it might be nice to have a formal policy regarding how it is handled in regards to the starting of the race (if there isn't a policy already).
There is a formal policy regarding waiting for someone to reconnect/clear cache. It is 3 minutes.

If I am not dropped back down to D2 I am done with SNAIL. I have had enough with being completely outgunned by everyone in D1. Please don't misinterpret this as the desire to win as you have before. It isn't that at all. It is the desire to race. 3 out of the 6 races each week I have been the back marker or close to it instead of in the thick of pack racing. The finish results above last place almost always involve other drivers crashing bad enough that they end up behind me. The other 3 races I am simply in the way getting pushed aside by faster drivers making aggressive moves. My only defense at this point has to become aggressive myself. Rather than stoop to their level I would prefer to drop down to a division where I can battle drivers cleanly and actually have fun.

Please don't give me the lap time excuse either. My lap times are right in line with D2 for mid-pack racing. The only time they might exceed D2 is when a combo stays for numerous weeks. For example the Megane at Spa was in the line up long enough to give my performance the illusion of having D1 status. The fact is I don't have time to practice as much as D1 drivers and that is not going to change anytime soon.
Chulyer,

The discussion you and I are having is being shared with the stewards and they are aware of your thoughts and desires. There is no reason for you to post this in here. I am sure @JLBowler will weigh in on this. But again let me say it is not for you to dictate where you will race. You agreed to follow the rules and procedures of SNAIL when you joined. That is not to say a discussion can not happen on the thread but what you are saying is not that.

Every month racers are going to be moved up and down divisions. It has to happen, New drivers are placed based on TT ,that doesn't really mean they are at that divisions level ,some prove to be faster in traffic, others are slower and need to move accordingly. With practice some improve at quicker rates then others and again need to be moved. My suggestion is get used to movement, it's the nature of the beast, and these volunteer league directors are doing the best they can. Threatning to leave probably doesnt get you much(except a bad name), especially when there's a hundred or so racers chomping at the bit to race in any division they are placed in. I'm sure no promotions or religations are personal. If you're slow in a division, don't cry about it, in a month you'll probably be moved down if it truly is as bad as you say..There's a race to be found in any division, enjoy your time racing or try and find a better league of great racers(good luck)

Last edited:
Yes, please. Who's going to do it?

I will enter the scores and votes for D2.

(Drumroll...)

Scores and votes have been rec'd from all divisions except:

Division 2 - no votes
Division 4 - no scores, no votes recorded.

You may PM the results, or a photo of results for each race with a note on which race the results display, and info on votes/poles.
----------

from #58261 - see @JLBowler signature link. Driver & Host responsibilities.

4. Before starting qualifying or any race, the host/director should have all drivers gather in turn one and ask if everyone can see the same number of drivers listed in the upper left corner of the screen. Drivers must be on the track for this and not sitting in the pits. If all drivers don't see the same number of drivers the host should ask those drivers to leave and rejoin while the host waits to start the night.

5. The host/director is responsible for handling any lag issues during the night. If a driver is lagging, the host/director should ask them to leave the room, clear their cache, and re-enter the room. The host/director should allow 3 minutes for the driver to take care of this. If the lag is still present, the host/director should ask the driver to leave for the night. If the host/director doesn't make the lagging driver aware of the issue and give them the chance to rectify the issue then the fault lies with the host/director....

If a room didn't follow this, PM @JLBowler - I have no doubt he'll take the appropriate action.
5 votes for combo 1

If you raced in D4 last night, please PM me your vote - I have the totals for your division, but I need the "who voted for what" if you were the two guys who didn't vote for the combo that most of your division did.

It really does matter, guys.

D2 Votes - DONE
D4 Results - DONE
D4 Votes - Working on it

Combo 3 - Race 1: Total time:9:41.594
Race 2: Total time:9:44.160

How many laps did you guys run? Your race times are about a lap shorter than everyone else....

Last edited:
If you raced in D4 last night, please PM me your vote - I have the totals for your division, but I need the "who voted for what" if you were the two guys who didn't vote for the combo that most of your division did.

D2 Votes - DONE
D4 Results - DONE
D4 Votes - Working on it

How many laps did you guys run? Your race times are about a lap shorter than everyone else....
combo 3 for me.

If I am not dropped back down to D2 I am
done with SNAIL. I have had enough with being completely outgunned by everyone in D1. Please don't misinterpret this as the desire to win as you have before. It isn't that at all. It is the desire to race. 3 out of the 6 races each week I have been the back marker or close to it instead of in the thick of pack racing. The finish results above last place
almost always involve other drivers crashing bad enough that they end up behind me. The other 3 races I am simply in the way getting pushed aside by faster drivers making aggressive moves. My only defense at this point has to become aggressive myself. Rather than stoop to their level I would prefer to drop down to a division where I can battle
drivers cleanly and actually have fun.

Please don't give me the lap time excuse either. My lap times are right in line with D2 for mid-pack racing. The only time they might exceed D2 is when a combo stays for numerous weeks. For example the Megane at Spa was in the line up long enough to give my performance the illusion of having D1
status. The fact is I don't have time to practice as much as D1 drivers and that is not going to change anytime soon.

Ultimatums always go over really well when trying to get something you want.

I feel ya bro...I've been in those shoes (I've seen the IR sheet). But just relax. If it is as you say you probably would have been relegated and others would be promoted and your racing experience a good one.

Ultimatums...not a good idea though.

So I could have won the night but for this strange event. I was coming around a corner and saw @intoflatlines sliding in the dirt on the side of the track. Then his car slid sideways across my path (in that slow sideways lag-induced way). His car collided with mine causing me to lose control etc. Then his car just disappeared. His car magically reappeared 500yds further down the track undamaged as if nothing happened to him. I'm sure his replay will show his race ran without a hitch. But mine shows he even got last place when he actually finishes much higher.

I coulda been a contender...rack a fracka....mumble grumble...
Same thing here at Silverstone. I qualified next to last and decided to follow through Abbey (1) , Farm (2) and into Village (3) planning to pick up the pieces if someone fell off. Next thing I knew was someone slashed across my bow ...tires smoking. I took evasive action...ended up playing chase the rest of the race. Typical lagging. Is there any hope that SOMEONE is going to fix this.

D2 Votes - DONE
D4 Results - DONE
D4 Votes - Working on it

7 laps combo 1, 5 laps combo 2, 6 laps combo 3. My iPod died on me had some one look them up for me lol was theyvright

Same thing here at Silverstone. I qualified next to last and decided to follow through Abbey (1) , Farm (2) and into Village (3) planning to pick up the pieces if someone fell off. Next thing I knew was someone slashed across my bow ...tires smoking. I took evasive action...ended up playing chase the rest of the race. Typical lagging. Is there any hope that SOMEONE is going to fix this.

I was just thinking about this... and wondered how difficult it would be the have it so that when the connection between 2 players isn't good the system assumes that the driver is holding a racing line instead of shooting off in whichever direction was last received before the quality dropped.

I would much rather watch someone take a corner perfectly and then suddenly disappear off track (because they actually wrecked) than watch someone wreck and then suddenly appear in front of me (or worse)

I really hope the GSX-R doesn't get the boot for next week. I loved how you need to drive with rspect and with total concentration to really get the best of it. And sometimes it still decided to kill you. Somehow I like cars that have that "manner".

With this attitude I would rather you leave. You are giving yourself and D1 a bad name. It's not as dirty as you think. It's pretty hard to complete a clean pass when someone brakes 5-10 meters before they should. It catches everyone out. I think you might be overstating how much people practice in D1 also. Many people, including myself, only practice the day of the race usually. Do I think you are D1 material right now? No, but you have to deal with it until you get relegated. I was dropped into the vipers pit when I first got to snail. It wasn't fun for the first few weeks, but I kept with it and have come out a better drive for doing so. Keep in mind I am only expressing my opinion. I am not speaking for D1 or Snail as a whole.

I
How that can be similar, you wasn't here see what happened. Nothing about what you saying are supporting me. I didn't see a racer and 30sec I did a brb as a speed-light ( I was ready on the button) and after I saw him but the race was start on purpose. I agree with the issues connectivity but its not the point.

Nothing was done to intentionally leave you out of a race. The first time you left, Wolf accidently hit the button to start the race. He told you that upon your return. It was a mistake. My question to you would be why didn't you go in and watch the first race and make sure you could see the right number of cars during that race? It would also help your case if you would actually go to turn one, stop and see how many cars you see on track. If you can't see the same number of cars, you need to speak up instead of trying to hot lap around the track. When everyone in the room says how many they can see and we ask if anyone can't see that number they should speak up, the host needs to hear your voice or the race is going to start. If you're going to type your messages, you need to get on track and type how many you can see. When you wait until everybody else is ready to start and the room is silent, it's too late to start typing a message. By the time you finish typing, the host will have started the race.

The second time you were getting ready to leave you posted that you were leaving at the same time that the race was started. This goes back to letting us know that you can't see everyone asap. If you're going to type instead of use voice, you need to get to turn one and park and count drivers. Tell us immediately how many drivers you see. If you let us know that, we will be happy to let you exit and try and fix it.

I was just thinking about this... and wondered how difficult it would be the have it so that when the connection between 2 players isn't good the system assumes that the driver is holding a racing line instead of shooting off in whichever direction was last received before the quality dropped.

I would much rather watch someone take a corner perfectly and then suddenly disappear off track (because they actually wrecked) than watch someone wreck and then suddenly appear in front of me (or worse)

That is kind of what the system does. It will predict where the car is supposed to be based on the speed and direction it was travelling the last time it relayed it's position to the other drivers. The problem is when the game predicts one thing and the driver does another. That is when you get the game correcting it's prediction and you see the sideways movement and cars sliding all over the place. The game has predicted that you will go from point A to point B but you actually went to point C by the time you relayed your position to other cars so the game moves you from point B to point C as quickly as possible.

There is a formal policy regarding waiting for someone to reconnect/clear cache. It is 3 minutes.
I'll bet there are some out there who have no idea how to clear cache in GT6....tell 'em or link 'em please. Also I have noted that shutting down...rebooting PS3 is necessary to cure a freeze like many of us had last week...doubt that can be done in three minutes...actually I know it can't.

Nothing was done to intentionally leave you out of a race. The first time you left, Wolf accidently hit the button to start the race. He told you that upon your return. It was a mistake. My question to you would be why didn't you go in and watch the first race and make sure you could see the right number of cars during that race? It would
also help your case if you would actually go to turn one, stop and see how many cars you see on track. If you can't see the same number of cars, you need to speak up instead of trying to hot lap around the track. When everyone in the room says how many they can see and we ask if anyone can't see that number they should speak up, the host needs to hear your voice or the race is going to start. If you're going to type your messages, you need to get on track and type how many you can see. When you wait until everybody else is ready to start and the room is silent, it's too late to start typing a message. By the time you finish typing, the host will have started the race.

The second time you were getting ready to leave you posted that you were leaving at the same time that the race was started. This goes back to letting us know that you can't see everyone asap. If you're going to type instead of use voice, you need to get to turn one and park and count drivers. Tell us immediately how many drivers you see. If you let us know that, we will be happy to let you exit and try and fix it.

That is kind of what the system does. It will predict where the car is supposed to be based on the speed and direction it was travelling the last time it relayed it's position to the other drivers. The problem is when the game predicts one thing and the driver does another. That is when you get the game correcting it's prediction and you see the sideways movement and cars sliding all over the place. The game has predicted that you will go from point A to point B but you actually went to point C by the time you relayed your position to other cars so the game moves you from point B to point C as quickly as possible.
That's what happened to me. My replay showed @intoflatlines had major damage but he continued on like a bat out of hell. My ps3 thought his car spun off track, slid into my path, got pummeled, and had major damage when it reappeared down the track, mid pack as if nothing happened.

My car had major damage from it but I'm sure his car never even got within 500yds of my car on his replay.

Last edited:
Back