• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,789 comments
Scores and Vote Status:

Scores (who placed where, race by race):

WC

Votes (who voted for what):

WC
D4

If either division is unable to enter the data, please let me know. If you have the data, PM me the race by race results and/or scores and I can help. I know WC was affected by not having your regular host set up.
After putting in the results I couldn't get the votes in because of some sort of trouble with Google drive but I have the votes written down at home and if I have trouble with the drive doc again I'll just post it here.

Can you post your pingtest.net and speedtest.net results to areas of the continent as far away as you can get and still be in North America?

Something along these lines would be good. SNAIL hosts should be B+ rated or better. No, the below results are not my home connection. I wish.

3552353713.png

99408210.png

I will even go so far as to say, all SNAILs should be working to have at least a B rated connection to servers as far away as they can get on the North American continent.

I'd be interested to know what our international SNAILs are getting to various servers here in NA.

I did a ping test last month and posted it here. Let me see if I can find it and I will repost here. I'm at the office at the momnet so I can't do a new ping test

I'm a Grade C....
That's curious. That's really not that bad. 2+Mb upload is fairly good and your ping is still sub 100 to TX. Unless someone in your division has better, host away. You might take a look at testing to a server in SoCal or Washington State though, see what it shows.

After putting in the results I couldn't get the votes in because of some sort of trouble with Google drive but I have the votes written down at home and if I have trouble with the drive doc again I'll just post it here.

Make sure it is who-voted-for-which-combo, not just a total.

Got home a little too late to buy cars and run a practice lap or two so I golded the Senna challenge and the final GTA run and racked up some cash and cars. Should be ok next week.
If I had a wheel that would be fun. And also make challenges a bit easier:)

That's curious. That's really not that bad. 2+Mb upload is fairly good and your ping is still sub 100 to TX. Unless someone in your division has better, host away. You might take a look at testing to a server in SoCal or Washington State though, see what it shows.

I'll run a test to SoCal when I get home tonight. I don't mind hosting. Big part of my day job is running meetings...this is one meeting I will actually enjoy running :cheers:

Div 7 replays are uploaded to Div 7 public folder.
@KTR5 I need permissions for Div 7 replays
@BayouSimDrifter I can be the main replay uploader if you like, that will free you up a bit, drag you had to miss last night.

I moved the replays into the main D7 folder. PM me your email address and I'll give you permissions to the D7 folder.

Thanks guys! This is my first overall win and I must thank people who made me think!
I'll start with @AJKVail I ran into him a lot, dove in when I should have followed, he always said "YOU JUST DONT GET IT", I GOT IT now!
@Drgreenthumb977 who is so fast it's hard to keep him in sight, we've raced together for a very long time! before SNAIL.
@Schmiggz who used to be slower then I, always losing it in a corner somewhere but now is fast, also raced him before SNIAL.
@kcheeb who setup the cart series where I learned a lot about car control.
@keys88, she's not in SNAIL but runs untuned races without ABS and running with her, you learn a lot about car control or your last!
There are more but for now these guys and gal where instrumental.
Thanks for the kudo's Chatva!:cheers: Keep it up buddy! Hope to be back on the track soon!

Chatva was my Obewan Kenobi when I first entered On-line racing in GT-5. Cannot measure or express the value of his friendship, coaching and encouragement over the last 2 years. Thank you, Chat ............ Sincerely, my Friend

Chatva is one of those guys that stands for his friends through thick and thin. For almost 3 years we race together and I believe the amount of information we passed to each other made us better drivers. I definitely gain a lot from his tips on break balance settings and the perfect use of the gear box but the best of Chatva? He's the only guy I know in snail that waits for me if I fall behind on practicing.
Big Cheers Chris... Salute

Chatva is one of those guys that stands for his friends through thick and thin. For almost 3 years we race together and I believe the amount of information we passed to each other made us better drivers. I definitely gain a lot from his tips on break balance settings and the perfect use of the gear box but the best of Chatva? He's the only guy I know in snail that waits for me if I fall behind on practicing.
Big Cheers Chris... Salute

next step is to become a good standing member of ""No BB No Chasis Reinforcement Club" :sly:

I forgot to mention in my last post that I didn't vote last night. If I still have a chance I would like to vote combo three. I can honestly say though I really enjoyed the combos last night and with some practice this week I may be a little more competitive.

I don't know about that. My car was pretty wide at Silverstone last night, wasn't it @hognhominy, @Nail-27 and @racingchamp30? I managed to race defensively for 3 of the 5 laps to hold onto 2nd.
It was a case of the age old conundrum...enter the fray more closely and most likely finish better but alienate the whole pack. The lines (or lacks thereof) into Maggots/Beckett's were interesting to say the least. Normally that would not have concerned me as I would have merrily under-steered through the complex in train...but the previous evening while training with Alien and Euclid one of them asked where I was braking in which corners and how much...to which I responded...I don't. Ooops. My exit speed from the complex (rather important when hooked to Hangar Straight) went from low 80s prior to braking to something like 97. Hmm. Everyone was faster somewhere else than the other three. Eventually I decided to wait for someone to fall off or run wide....they did...I did....great racing. Coach wasn't holding us up (only about 2 seconds a lap !!!!:dopey:) he was more like aiding in our own self-destruction. Great fun. Best race in Snail so far.

Back