◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,696 comments
Yeah when that one guy passed that other guy on that one lap... It was pretty epic. :lol:

I jumped off my couch, not gonna lie. I would love to talk about it more specifically but I'm sure we have some watching on delay.

One of my favorite moments of the year in f1, along with raikonnens close brush with the wall in Canada a few weeks back. 👍

. . . I would love to talk about it more specifically but I'm sure we have some watching on delay.
Thank you and to the others as well that have shown restraint in discussing specifics. I couldn't find it this morning and am waiting for the 5 PM replay on NBCSN, which was showing the Tour de France instead of the live race this AM; until this morning I thought I liked all kinds of wheeled racing.

It's difficult to consciously remain ignorant of insignificant things in today's information age . . .

Ok. I am back on the grid. Took me 30 minutes to catch up on 8 pages of posts... :crazy:

Will get the steward summary out first, get the results doc updated and archived and the score sheet set up, in that order.

Nuno/ @nmcp1 , I doubt I will make the grid tonight, since I won't be getting my pre-race nap and don't have the car lineup. I'm not concerned with any of the necessary work not getting done with you and all the veteran SNAILs in D2. By the way, WTF am I doing up there? :eek: ;)

Oh I know what I'll be doing. Sweeping the tracks D2 leaves so everyone can hide from D1?

-Attention D3 Racers-
I will be taking over hosting duties tonight. Please go to the Updated Snail Drivers List to see if you are in Division 3 and send me a friend request, tcrash15. I will be accepting them up until 9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT. Remember, it is up to you to send me your friend requests and as of now, you have 5 hrs 27 mins to take care of it.

Guys/Gals, keep in mind that Division 3 is opened as a 'Friends Only' room for Sunday night. Don't wait until the last minute to send your 'Friend Request' and miss out on the racing.

Also, I want to thank everyone for their help in filling all the spots necessary to fulfill all of the Division 3 duties. Let's have some fun tonight.

For the guys in d6 I have sent friend requests to primary drivers @Fallen_log needs to send a request. Reminder I will open room at 9 pm EST and do not plan on reopening because of new friend requests.

PRACTICE LOBBY UP OWNERSHIP TRANSFERED

1472-6118-4216-8218-6109

(Will be practicing the Jag/Tokyo combo for a while)

Last edited:
1VFAIur.png

Race Date - Sun Jun 29 2014
Penalty Rate 100%
Banner by dabneyd

SNOLR Quote for the Week:
05: Running into the car ahead of you:
A:
The behind driver must take all necessary care and responsibility not to run into an ahead driver.
B:
In case you brake too late for a corner or partially lose control of your car, you must do your best to avoid making the loss of control into a bigger incident. Some contact may be unavoidable in these situations, but you are expected to minimize the impact of it to the best of your ability. If this means turning your car into a wall or off the track to avoid contact, that is what you are expected to do.
C:
The ahead driver must not do any malicious or inappropriate braking or slowing. Leading cars MUST NOT EVER 'brake check' the car(s) behind them because they are following too closely. The ahead driver IS entitled to be slower or use longer and earlier braking zones than others. They are also entitled to turn in earlier or later and/or apex earlier or later. The ahead driver should not make a drastic or sudden change to their line through a corner.

Below are the results of the 3 incidents the stewards reviewed.

Division 4 - 2 incidents on file
Grandpas_Money
  • Round 1 - Race 2 - Level 1 - 4 points halved to 2 for self report.
  • Round 3 - Race 2 - Level 1 - 2 points halved to 1 for self report.
  • 3 pts total and 2 weeks probation
Division 7 - 1 incident on file
JCsSoldier
  • Round 1 - Race 2 - Level 2 - 6 points. 2 weeks probation

These results can be viewed on the SNAIL Steward Review Sheet.

Thanks to JLBowler and tezgm99 for their reviews this week
Don't forget to claim your $hells for completing reviews.
:cheers:

* * * * * * * * * * * * *​

These changes affect the final standings.
Full final results can be found here. @zer05ive & @JLBowler, these adjustments have been made in the director's and results sheets.
***If you were penalized and would like further explanation regarding the incident, PM your Division Steward and they will let you know what the stewards saw and our opinions on it.***​

I would like to join
Psn muriloantunes

@Murilo

Here's your official S.N.A.I.L. Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Dang. We had nmcp, turnup and myseld barely scraped the 32's last night in practice room. Along with several others in D4-D2.

Guess we have some work to do.

Mid 31's at RBR is quite a bit faster than anyone at practice last night....you sure? We were lucky to get into the high 32s.

That was more of an average from what Volco ran and what may be happening in D3 and D2.... For lap purposes. 32 -34 is more realistic in traffic...

Mid 31's at RBR is quite a bit faster than anyone at practice last night....you sure? We were lucky to get into the high 32s.
Dang. We had nmcp, turnup and myseld barely scraped the 32's last night in practice room. Along with several others in D4-D2.

Guess we have some work to do.

I just noticed that ExoSphere64 posted he ran mid 31's. I thought it said mid 34's. Damn phone. I was running mid 33's last night in practice.

Back