◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,772 comments
D2 Pics!

I would tag everyone but I don't know all the new guy's names...

@nmcp1, @JLBowler, @Michelin, @GTP_unleashed, @Gouletzky, @JWalker, @SGETI (Capecod I hope) etc etc

di_eFfD8D5D_Trial_Mountain_Circuit_3.jpg

di_2DB9D13d_Trial_Mountain_Circuit_4.jpg

di_f16E2716_Trial_Mountain_Circuit_5.jpg

di_189c81fe_Trial_Mountain_Circuit_7.jpg

di_9cc2A11b_Trial_Mountain_Circuit_8.jpg

di_26DBea13_Tokyo_R246_1.jpg

di_65B039AC_Tokyo_R246_2.jpg

di_084cc5fb_Tokyo_R246_4.jpg

di_00EEb8E7_Tokyo_R246_5.jpg

di_85df77C9_Tokyo_R246_6.jpg

di_c58cCEdc_Tokyo_R246_7.jpg

di_ee12e5C2_Red_Bull_Ring.jpg

di_2aBe0fC6_Red_Bull_Ring_1.jpg

di_88fFbC0c_Red_Bull_Ring_2.jpg

di_BAE1cE15_Red_Bull_Ring_4.jpg

di_Ad49D1aB_Red_Bull_Ring_5.jpg

di_5dE08eDE_Red_Bull_Ring_6.jpg

@aerolite and anyone else in D6 with replays. Upon transferring the uploaded replays to the PS3, they show as broken and are not viewable. Could you guys try to upload again, preferably a different set of replays.
I will go and reload again, strange that that happened, didn't do anything different. I'll let you know as soon as I have uploaded, be about half an hour.

Last night Racer A was in first place and Racer B following close in second. After Tokyo's long main straight into the first right corner Racer B missed the breaking point and crashed the leader Racer A into the wall.
Racer A came back in the race and finished in the 9th position.
Following the right procedures, Racer A files a race complaint against Racer B, he gets a ton of penalties and that's it. All good... Really??? Nope.
The whatever penalties will not cause any effect on Racer B driving style because, in this particular case Racer B is a well known, long time track opponent and awesome driver that made one mistake. It even happens to people like Gumball, Hill or Russ.
But... what about Racer A? He just lost 8 points in a single corner, in a fraction of a second. He could have been 4th overall but finished 8th at the end of the night. He could have been promoted to a higher division but he didn't have enough points to make it at the end of the season.
This brings back to something I've been defending for the longest time. It should be created a compensatory rule for victims of other racers mistakes, meaning, instead of losing the whole 8 points as last night's example, why can't victims be awarded with 50% of those points back as long as they file a race complaint?
This would not only motivate more people, me included, to file race complaints as it would bring some compensation and motivation for drivers to keep racing with us.
The compensatory points would be given according to an average between the positions before and after the incident, meaning, if Racer A was, by the time of the accident, in 3rd position, finishing like that he would get 14 points but due to this accident he finished in 9th, getting only 8 points so he would be compensated with another 3 points which is 50% of the difference between 14 and 8.
I would love people to take a minute to think about it and together come out with a fair solution to this problem.

While I really hate getting taken out, there is no real world example where a crashed driver gets anything other than a "better luck next time".

There is no better example of this than NASCAR. if you watched Daytona on Sunday then you saw how one little bump can cut a field of 40 cars down to 20 in 5 seconds. I showed my wife the replay and pointed out how bad it sucks for those teams to put in all the work, practice, money, time, blood, sweat and tears only to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Cya next week. Those guys get jack **** for their efforts. I hate watching it when it happens...all I can say when it's all over is "that's racing".

If someone wrecks me or boots me out of the way, if it's on purpose or accident. I don't want them to wait up, to me, it's just wastes more time trying to race each other again. Just keep going and I'll catch up, just letting all the D1 drivers know if it happens.

The score sheets have been copied to the Results doc and is now ready for the timing data to be entered.

A note to all scorekeepers, every sheet that had timing data entered in the Best Lap or Gap columns produced a server error or page reload. The ones that only had positional data entered did not.

If you are a scorekeeper, primary, backup or backup to the backup to the backup, please review this file.

If you have any questions about what to enter and what not to, please PM me and we will make arrangements to discuss it further.

Thank you.

@aerolite and anyone else in D6 with replays. Upon transferring the uploaded replays to the PS3, they show as broken and are not viewable. Could you guys try to upload again, preferably a different set of replays.
Ok, reloaded from scratch, new file is in D6 folder and I added V2 to the file name. Please let me know if this worked. Hopefully just one of those weird little glitches.

Ok, reloaded from scratch, new file is in D6 folder and I added V2 to the file name. Please let me know if this worked. Hopefully just one of those weird little glitches.

That set appears to be just fine. I don't know what the difference was but thank you for taking care of it quickly.

D5 had an open room last night due to a VERY last minute change of host...his first time too. All went very well with all doing well with,I believe, no DCs. We had a couple of laggers but that mostly cleared up with their clearing their cache between races.

I renamed the Jag..PIGWHALE...I could hear Alien choking with laughter in the ether.
Alien is now @Alienunleashed25 due to a TOTAL PS3 meltdown..I do believe he wore it out;). I can here the GRINDING from here...he lost everything..He will be up again tomorrow for ROC practice..the new name is rather appropriate eh what. :nervous:

I am getting whoever i need to add to my friends list so next sunday can be a friends only room.

Well that's all fine and dandy....except for the simple fact that the open drive is not the right place. It was replaced with the 'public uploads' folder ages ago so you guys need to make sure they are moved :indiff:
Well, that's also fine and dandy provided someone grants access, or even directions where one could find it. Changing locations is fine and good but yet also meaningless if you don't provide any information that a move has been made or how to comply with the new requirements.

I bet 10 $hells he is.

Even if I'd been there, you'd still have missed me, putt puttin' around in the back. :D

Between the two of us this might go on for a bit seeing as we're both loaded with shells.... although you would ultimately win.:bowdown:

Well, that's also fine and dandy provided someone grants access, or even directions where one could find it. Changing locations is fine and good but yet also meaningless if you don't provide any information that a move has been made or how to comply with the new requirements.

It's on the very first post in this thread. The link takes you to a post of bowler's which has 'where do I find a replay of a race?' as the second last item.

The policy was stated here and links to the appropriate upload locations given. If a designated replay uploader doesn't have permissions to his Division's folder, they need to contact myself, @dabneyd , @KTR5 , @JLBowler or @zer05ive .

It's on the very first post in this thread. The link takes you to a post of bowler's which has 'where do I find a replay of a race?' as the second last item.
The policy was stated here and links to the appropriate upload locations given. If a designated replay uploader doesn't have permissions to his Division's folder, they need to contact myself, @dabneyd , @KTR5 , @JLBowler or @zer05ive .
Apologies; I didn't realize I was expected to monitor those posts for unpublicized changes to the folder locations that have been in use for the few months I've been here. Unfortunately I don't have the time or the inclination to do so which means I'll have to step down as replay uploader.

Back