◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,420 comments
I really enjoyed Combo #1. In general I hate the Willow Springs tracks. I like the GT300 race cars and that track is also very fun. So this means that car/track combo won't happen again, but the car and the track can still be in rotation, just never together?

I really enjoyed Combo #1. In general I hate the Willow Springs tracks. I like the GT300 race cars and that track is also very fun. So this means that car/track combo won't happen again, but the car and the track can still be in rotation, just never together?
When will next week's combos be announced?
.... I don't know what to tell you here............ ..duck!

When will next week's combos be announced?

fish-slap.jpg

Glad to see Fuji won't be in the next combo. Love the RX7 but it doesn't matter what I drive, I will never like Fuji. It just has no flow to it and there's far too many slow corners on it. Its very difficult to build any sort of rhythm there.

Other two combos: I can't say too much about Willow Springs as I simply don't have enough laps there so I'm still learning it, but the Corvette was enjoyable (When I wasn't getting greedy wagging the tail). And finally, the Suzuka/GT-R combo was great. Despite my mishaps, I actually enjoyed both car & track as it made for I felt the best racing of the night.

python_fish.jpg

I felt that way too for awhile, but started liking what it has to offer. I prefer the GT track over the F though. It's more fitting. That's why it exists. For GT cars. F is for faster Formula and/or LMP cars. That tight right/left is meant to slow those fast beasts down.

TONIGHT - DriveTrain Challenge!

Come out and race against SNAILs from all divisions and best of all, choose your own cars!

More details can be found in the main thread here. Qualifying and first race at Matterhorn - Riffelsee starts at 10pm Eastern/7pm Pacific in a friends only room.

My line-up:
FF - Honda Fit W '01 334pp
4WD - Suzuki Wagon R RR '98 305pp
FR - Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07 398pp
MR - Opel Speedster '00 410pp

Glad to see Fuji won't be in the next combo. Love the RX7 but it doesn't matter what I drive, I will never like Fuji. It just has no flow to it and there's far too many slow corners on it. Its very difficult to build any sort of rhythm there.
Lol. I like the diversity of opinions here. I totally disagree be cause Fuji is one of my favorites. I like the different changes in pace throughout the track. It makes one concentrate and accuracy is vital.

I'll be agreeing with FloptaStr8 (which straight did you flop, by the way? Was it that Royal?) I have always liked Fuji, but I prefer cars that will do 200MPH there. Or anywhere for that matter. Mostly tracks where you can get them going that fast. Which is rather limiting in my track choices, but hey, to each his own.

Results Summary for D5 - 8/3/14

Pole Honors
Combo 1 @JJLopez427 1:44.638
Combo 2 @jimeez 1:19.661
Combo 3 @DMacs13 1:59.433

Race Honors
Combo 1
Race 1 - Total Race: 10:36.904

Gold @JJLopez427
Silver @nascarfan14
Bronze @KTR5

Combo 1
Race 2 - Total Race: 10:34.807

Gold @DMacs13
Silver @USERID_77a23
Bronze @ExoSphere64

Combo 2
Race 1 - Total Race: 10:51.476

Gold @jimeez
Silver @USERID_77a23
Bronze @MajorBlixem

Combo 2
Race 2 - Total Race: 10:59.435

Gold @jimeez
Silver @KTR5
Bronze @ExoSphere64

Combo 3
Race 1 - Total Race: 12:13.075

Gold @jimeez
Silver @KTR5
Bronze @MajorBlixem

Combo 3
Race 2 - Total Race: 12:15.498

Gold @MajorBlixem
Silver @KTR5
Bronze @USERID_77a23

Fast Lap Honors
Combo 1
Race 1 @JJLopez427 1:45.025
Race 2 @DMacs13 1:44.939

Combo 2
Race 1 @MajorBlixem 1:19.676
Race 2 @USERID_77a23 1:19.759

Combo 3
Race 1 @nascarfan14 2:00.122
Race 2 @DMacs13 2:00.189

Congrats to @jimeez for the overall win breaking a tie with @KTR5 with 3 wins on the night.

Proposal to consider to tweak the Prize A, B and C choices in future.

The S.N.A.I.L. rule is : Replace one combo. Change one combo (either track or car). Leave one combo as is.

Current rules ensure all three winners take part in choosing the combos for the next week, but there is an unsatifactory component.

Prize A: Choose new combo (no change)

Prize B: (Now we know it is, most of the time, more satisfactory to choose a car rather than a track - or for me anyway, so, many times Prize B winner "gambles" by passing on the freeze in the hope the Prize C winner freezes the track so that Prize B can choose a new car. Sometimes that gamble backfires - like with the RX7 last week for example). So, my suggestion is that Prize B has the choice of either taking the existing car to a new track OR bringing a new car to the existing track. The negative aspect is that, although the S.N.A.I.L rule has been met, there is nothing left for Prize C now...

Prize C: can we get some suggestions?
- There was one suggestion that prize C can choose tire compounds (one up or down)... for changed combo, maybe?
- Or Prize C gets an automatic entry into the ROC at the end of the season - (problem is he/she might be there anyway)?
- Or......
- Or......

How about some suggestions?

The S.N.A.I.L. rule is : Replace one combo. Change one combo (either track or car). Leave one combo as is.

Current rules ensure all three winners take part in choosing the combos for the next week, but there is an unsatifactory component.

Prize B: (Now we know it is, most of the time, more satisfactory to choose a car rather than a track - or for me anyway, so, many times Prize B winner "gambles" by passing on the freeze in the hope the Prize C winner freezes the track so that Prize B can choose a new car. Sometimes that gamble backfires - like with the RX7 last week for example). So, my suggestion is that Prize B has the choice of either taking the existing car to a new track OR bringing a new car to the existing track. The negative aspect is that, although the S.N.A.I.L rule has been met, there is nothing left for Prize C now...

- There was one suggestion that prize C chan choose tire compounds (one up or down)... for changed combo, maybe?
- Or Prize C gets an automatic entry into the ROC at the end of the season - (problem is he/she might be there anyway)?
- Or......
- Or......

In the GT5 days Prize C was a gift car, but that's not an option. I think Prize C should be eliminated; the "prize" is pretty worthless and complicates the prize choosing process.

In the GT5 days Prize C was a gift car, but that's not an option. I think Prize C should be eliminated; the "prize" is pretty worthless and complicates the prize choosing process.

I don't view Prize C as worthless. The Prize B winner obviously has a bit more choice in the matter but being able to have a say in either the car or track being used as the Prize C winner is a nice reward in my opinion. I also think it allows for more diversity to have two different people having input on one of the new combos than just one person alone.

- There was one suggestion that prize C can choose tire compounds (one up or down)... for changed combo, maybe?
- Or......
- Or......

Maybe Price C gets to pick the girls for the Cheerleading Team :cheers:

For those who are so fortunate to choose a new car or combo - here is one for you to test - BMW M3 GT (BMW Motorsport) '11. Not sure if the BMW M3 GT2 Base Model '11 is the same car or not.

We ran some endurance races with it on the Red Bull Ring last night and it handled like a dream, no matter if you are on RH, RM or RS.

We seem to be running through track options quickly, so it is difficult to find a "non-recent" track, but I would immagine that Grand Valley Reverse, Cape Ring South (not the one with the circle and jump), Red Bull Ring, Nurburg F or the shorter Nurburg would all be well suited

The D1 Aliens will find it "boring" because you have to push hard to lose control, but for the rest of us - it will be a good racing experience

Just thought I put it out there for you to test....

Last edited:

- Or......
- Or......

Or we could just go back to the way it was done originally. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in D1 were your prize winners and everybody else had no chance of ever choosing anything.

One of the reasons for prize C being what it is allows for more drivers to have control over what is selected. I don't see prize selection changing in any way that would have fewer drivers with a chance to impact the lineup.

The only time we have had issues is when we can't get a prize winner to do anything toward making their selection. If we can't get a driver to look at the thread and make a pick, it doesn't matter what the prize is, there's going to be a delay.

Tire compounds are not going to be changed on a combo by combo basis so get that thought out of you collective heads.

Since we have the suggestion box open how about this..
The current rule is the same driver can't win prize A twice in the same season. It then becomes a democratic decision for that division.
However we have some very dominant driver(s) ( nudge nudge wink wink) which can win every week.
How about we introduce a rule that if the same driver wins 3 weeks in a row that driver and his division need to sit out 1 week?
It gives mere mortals a chance at prize A

Not sure if anyone has noticed this but, the top scorer for the league this past Sunday will not be picking a prize, this week, at all. It's also not the first time that's happened to this dominant driver. Has it occured to anyone they might be shanking their eligibility requirements on purpose?

Not sure if anyone has noticed this but, the top scorer for the league this past Sunday will not be picking a prize, this week, at all. It's also not the first time that's happened to this dominant driver. Has it occured to anyone they might be shanking their eligibility requirements on purpose?
1st rule of Fight Club?

I'm completely fine with it, it's happened before lol. But hey, what's ya going to do eh? :)

Results Summary for D7 - 8/3/14

Pole Honors
Combo 1 @BayouSimDrifter 1:46.110
Combo 2 @aerolite 1:20.873
Combo 3 @BayouSimDrifter 2:01.365

Race Honors
Combo 1
Race 1 - Total Race: 10:44.013

Gold @BayouSimDrifter
Silver @Craig B
Bronze @SHOCKY_WELL

Combo 1
Race 2 - Total Race: 10:42.075

Gold @BayouSimDrifter
Silver @Craig B
Bronze @aerolite

Combo 2
Race 1 - Total Race: 11:03.770

Gold @aerolite
Silver @SHOCKY_WELL
Bronze @McTrucker

Combo 2
Race 2 - Total Race: 10:55.750

Gold @Craig B
Silver @aerolite
Bronze @SHOCKY_WELL

Combo 3
Race 1 - Total Race: 12:29.178

Gold @BayouSimDrifter
Silver @SHOCKY_WELL
Bronze @Craig B

Combo 3
Race 2 - Total Race: 12:20.737

Gold @SHOCKY_WELL
Silver @BayouSimDrifter
Bronze @aerolite

Fast Lap Honors
Combo 1
Race 1 @BayouSimDrifter 1:46.378
Race 2 @BayouSimDrifter 1:45.782

Combo 2
Race 1 @McTrucker 1:20.626
Race 2 @Craig B 1:20.002

Combo 3
Race 1 @BayouSimDrifter 2:01.310
Race 2 @BayouSimDrifter 2:01.542

Congrats to @BayouSimDrifter for the overall win.

Back