◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,696 comments
My official D2 vote for Prize A.

Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 (415pp w/ oil change) at SSR5 full. Car has NEVER been used in SNAIL and can't remember the last time this track has been used.

I've never won a single solitary prize. So here is my quirky yet challenging vote. Ignore at will...but try it first ;)

@Xradkins

This is the closest I have ever come to winning a Prize...being able to vote for one. That's pretty sad.

Race of Champions
August Season
August 29, 2014
9:30 pm ET

Format:

3 x 20 minute races
Race 1-
Starting position determined by division in reverse order (D7, D6, D5, D4, etc).
Race 2 & 3- Reverse grid

15 drivers + 1 host (@Wolfsatz or @CoachMK21)

Division 1
1- @LLOYDZELITE69 (275)
2- @Nicktune (241.2)
alt1- @dgaf95integra (239) [IN via @Daniel Setili being out]
alt7- @ptslopoke (239)

Division 2
3- @Xradkins (220.1)
4- @Dragonwhisky (197)
alt6- @JLBowler (175)

Division 3
5- @Daniel Setili (238)
6- @turnupdaheat (229)
alt4- @AJKVail (221)

Division 4
7- @chevron (255.2) - A & H
8- @SGETI (255.1)
alt3- @Grandpa Money (225)

Division 5
9- @CoachMK21 (239.1) - B & C
10- @jimeez (236.2)
alt2- @JJLopez427 (226)

Division 6
11- @Rockhound18 (240)
12- @euclid58 (239)
alt5- @Jakedog23 (216)

Division 7
13- @BayouSimDrifter (261.2) - C & E
14- @SHOCKY_WELL (253)
AL1- @aerolite (252)

Confirmed drivers will be in bold
Scratched drivers will be crossed out

Driver Selection Process:
1- (14) Top 2 in each division
2- (1) Three At-Large Bids (AL) - Highest season point total of a non-top 2 driver (can not be from same division)

Alternate ranking determined by:
1- First non-automatic or at-large place finishers in order of points scored for the month
2- Second non-automatic or at-large place finishers in order of points scored for the month

COMBO Selection

1- GTR-GT500 Base Model '08 at Suzuka Circuit (all 4 weeks)
--- 518HP / PP 584 / RH tires

VOTE for 2 (TWO) of the following:
Do not vote for two combos that contain a shared half. i.e., Do not vote for the VW GTI at Spa AND the Corvette at Spa.

A- Chevrolet Camaro SS Touring Car '10 at Mazda Raceway Leguna Seca - 1
--- 604HP / PP 602 / RH tires

B- Volkswagen GTI Roadster VGT '14 @ Circuit de Spa Francorchamps - 1
--- 578HP / PP 616 / SS tires

C- Lotus Elise 111R '04 at Daytona Superspeedway - 2
--- 203HP / PP 447 / SH tires

D- Art Morrison Corvette '60 at Circuit de Spa Francorchamps
--- 564HP / PP 541 / SS tires

E- Renault Sport Megane RS Trophy '11 at Ascari Full Track - 1
--- 274HP / PP 447 / SH tires

F- Lotus Elise 111R '04 at Willow Springs International Raceway - Big Willow
--- 203HP / PP 447 / SH tires

G- RE Amemiya RX7 GT300 Base Model '06 at Fuji Speedway F
--- 337HP / PP 512 / RH tires

H- Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (C7) '14 at Willow Springs International Raceway - Big Willow - 1
--- 476HP / PP 533 / SS tires

I will continue to update this post. Bookmark it to find it easily.

If I "Like" your post, I have recorded your decision and / or vote.
Count me in for ROC

Combos A and H are my choice. Thanks to all Snails. I had a great time this season!

Now where do I sign up for this Sunday oval racing?

And also will the next season only be 3 weeks with all 3 counting or only counting your 2 best weeks?

My official D2 vote for Prize A.

Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 (415pp w/ oil change) at SSR5 full. Car has NEVER been used in SNAIL and can't remember the last time this track has been used.

I've never won a single solitary prize. So here is my quirky yet challenging vote. Ignore at will...but try it first ;)

@Xradkins

This is the closest I have ever come to winning a Prize...being able to vote for one. That's pretty sad.

Good choices.
From my records the only Peugot ever raced was a 908 HDI FAP on June 2, 2013 on SPA
SSR5 was last raced on June 29, 2014 with a Ferrari F430 '06. I think the 205 Turbo on SSR5 is a better match.

BUT - Watch this space - my wish will be posted tomorrow. I'll be testing some options tonight.

To all those not participating in this Sundays Oval race, I will be hosting a non-oval room. Like this post if you would like to participate. Or if the room with oval racing changes it up, send me an invite as I'll gladly join.

Dunno what you guys do for the oval race, but whatever it is, do NOT run spec Alfa MiTO's... I'm sure the S.N.A.I.L.s that were a part of that race would agree with me on this, it looked like a typical Daytona race running single file on the bottom the whole race :(

True. But you (or whoever made it official) assumed everyone would want to race ovals and made that the official thing for Sunday. It could have just been a race anywhere type of day. It still can be if you want to change it.

True. But you (or whoever made it official) assumed everyone would want to race ovals and made that the official thing for Sunday. It could have just been a race anywhere type of day. It still can be if you want to change it.

Oval racing runs deep in the veins of SNAIL. Only reason it is not featuring right now is because the course creator is not released yet. The “old” snails created their own ovals and then raced them.
The last oval event (was it in May?) was a lot of fun and very well organized. I think there was something like 33 participants.
So, even though you don’t like ovals, I suggest you try it. You might be pleasantly surprized.

I don't like ovals. Plain and simple. I understand that it still has a strategy like any other racing, I'm just not entertained by it. I'd rather race on a road course.

You really need to try it.. I'm not a big fan of ovals in the game. last time Bowler did this I gave it a chance and glad I did.. Tons of fun that night.. Probably one of the most fun nights I've had in SNAIL.
I don't like ovals. Plain and simple. I understand that it still has a strategy like any other racing, I'm just not entertained by it. I'd rather race on a road course.

The only reason it became "official" is because Sunday SNAIL is off that night. Feel free to organize your own thing anytime another sanctioned SNAIL event is off that night.

The oval race for this Sunday has 28 drivers signed up in just under 24 hours since it was announced. Keep 'em coming. For those that ran last time, I'm tweaking the scheduling for the night so that any down time will be less than it was in May.

Then just say "to all those not participating in this Sundays Oval race, I will be hosting a non-oval room. Like this post if you would like to participate."
Joe is this a new you?

As boring as it is, I must grind to reach $50M credits. Then I can buy anything I want whenever it's needed.
Well until you run out of money. I think you need $500 mil to buy everything.

Back