◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,790 comments
I look forward to the first 2 combos this weekend. The third one is kinda rubbish. It feels like trying to drive a mack truck in downtown NYC.

I'm a 2 year old snail... Where's my medal?

upload_2014-9-5_8-54-39.jpeg

I actually am a truck driver and I can tell you from experience this car feels nothing like a mack truck, and Spa is about as far from a downtown city setting as you can get.

Sarcasm my friend. I am quite disappointed in the handling of the VGT.

I've wanted a TOPP for a while now and just got this one without trying.

Reminder: tonight is the inaugural SNAIL Concourse Car Club special event. This event is open to anyone that abides to the SNAIL approach. I will open a public fixed host lobby, likely just after 9 PM Eastern and the races start at 9:30 PM Eastern. I hope to see you on the track!

Details:
Combo 1
Abarth 1952 1500 Biposto Bertone B.A.T 1 Concept (Pebble Beach Award 2010) on Comfort Soft, 305 PP & 77 HP after oil change (no dealer info: "--")
Madrid Reverse - 5 laps

Combo 2
Ferrari 1961 250 GT Berlinetta passo corto CN.2521 on Sports Medium, 461 PP & 288 HP after oil change (454 PP & 276 HP in dealership)
Brands Hatch '80s GP - 6 laps

Combo 3
Alfa Romeo GIULIA TZ2 carrozzata da ZAGATO CN.AR750106 '65 on Racing Hard, 494 PP & 177 HP after oil change (486 PP & 169 HP in dealership)
Spa-Francorchamps - 4 laps

I think Wardenclycfe is going to open the Red Room.
Am sure he will post it here when it is ready.
Apologies, as I should have been more clear about my intentions relative to my exit from the full Blue Room (that I was signing off for the night).

Last edited:
I actually quite like the Spa combo. Somehow suits my style...whatever that is. I don't particularly like fantasy cars as a rule but the combo suits me.
I'm still having trouble with it. I still need to find 2 seconds per lap there.

Reminder: tonight is the inaugural SNAIL Concourse Car Club special event. This event is open to anyone that abides to the SNAIL approach. I will host the lobby, likely opening it just after 9 PM Eastern and the races start at 9:30 PM Eastern. I hope to see you on the track!

Details:
Combo 1
Abarth 1952 1500 Biposto Bertone B.A.T 1 Concept (Pebble Beach Award 2010) on Comfort Soft, 305 PP & 77 HP after oil change (no dealer info: "--")
Madrid Reverse - 5 laps

Combo 2
Ferrari 1961 250 GT Berlinetta passo corto CN.2521 on Sports Medium, 461 PP & 288 HP after oil change (454 PP & 276 HP in dealership)
Brands Hatch '80s GP - specs TBD

Combo 3
Alfa Romeo GIULIA TZ2 carrozzata da ZAGATO CN.AR750106 '65 on Racing Hard, 494 PP & 177 HP after oil change (486 PP & 169 HP in dealership)

Apologies, as I should have been more clear about my intentions relative to my exit from the full Blue Room (that I was signing off for the night).

Will this be a friends only room or public room?

I would like to join the S.N.A.I.L League.

@QEDXY

Here's your official S.N.A.I.L. Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below. Now if you've actually read this, post a :dunce: on the main thread.

6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Reminder: tonight is the inaugural SNAIL Concourse Car Club special event. This event is open to anyone that abides to the SNAIL approach. I will open a public fixed host lobby, likely just after 9 PM Eastern and the races start at 9:30 PM Eastern. I hope to see you on the track!

Details:
Combo 1
Madrid Reverse - 5 laps

Combo 2
Brands Hatch '80s GP - specs TBD

Combo 3

I'll be there. Any idea how many will be joining us?

I'll be there. Any idea how many will be joining us?
There will be at least four of us: euclid, racingchamp, you, and I. Hopefully there will be more but as I have not created a formal sign-up process requiring a statement of intent to race (too onerous for all involved) we won't know until we've started.

I am thinking of dropping the +Cr20,000,000 and join too.... if I get home in time.
Please note we're using the road car version of the 250 GTO, which is only 7.5M credits (the race car version costs 20M credits). The Abarth only costs 3.5M credits and the Alfa is the most expensive car tonight at 10M credits.

Please note we're using the road car version of the 250 GTO, which is only 7.5M credits (the race car version costs 20M credits). The Abarth only costs 3.5M credits and the Alfa is the most expensive car tonight at 10M credits.

Yep. Thank goodness the GTO is only the road version. Since I still have to buy all three of the cars, I have to drop Cr 7.5M + Cr 3.5M + Cr 10M = Cr 21M tonight before I can race. Thanks for waiving the race entree fee.... :-)

Is this what a multi millionnaire feels like, because I will still have some credits left after my shopping spree.

Thanks for waiving the race entree fee.... :-)

Didn't you get the Memo? The Entry Fee is automatically deducted from your bank account in accordance with your Gross Income Analysis provided by the IRS, CIA, and NSA. Which is coordinated with your fuel, tire, windshield and spare parts purchases so as to avoid over charging your account. Expenses for Racing Suits, Shoes, Gloves and Depends are automatically deducted from the GRA (Gross Racing Allotment) so that the League is balanced as to all participants.

Don't you feel better now about the Entry Fee? We thought you would - after all, "We're from the Gov't and here to help you." (The arm of The Administration reaches across national boundaries, in case you were going to claim exception due to Absentee Nationales) After all, if you trade digital paint with a fellow combatant who originates his online interlock from the US ....... then you are "eligible" for all the above (and much more we have not disclosed as yet.

Enjoy

Mine (ptslopoke)

1. I have a weird thing with buying broken crap cars and fixing them (this car is now 275 whp and the GREATEST ski trip car in the world)

SPWNzeW.jpg

2. Slopstyle/Dirt jumping my mountain bike
qbwSrny.jpg

3. my favorite thing (everything else is just filler and I work to support this habit) racing dirtbikes
5vZ9huf.jpg

I also do crossfit just about everyday, ski all winter (Keystone/A-basin), and do the occasional rally/auto X

Back