◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,415 comments
The results have been posted! Congrats to the prize winners @Rockhound18, @nmcp1, and @aerolite!

PRIZE B SELECTION:

I choose to Freeze the Volkswagen GTI Roadster Vision Gran Turismo.

VW Technical Trademark vwzeichen.jpg

I'm going to be away for a few days including next Sunday, so will be missing my first night of racing since I started :(
That being the case you can give prize c to the next in line if that is protocol.

I'm pretty sure we've had Prize A winners miss running their selection on Sunday night, so I would assume you're clear to make the selection for Prize C (of course you're free to pass it along if you so choose).

As for Prize A, I plan to do some testing tomorrow night and answer by Wednesday AM.

Yea, still getting an error saying it can't restore. I just manually deleted all the songs I didn't want. I'll have to stop by the Apple store someday.

Problem! #1.. You have that Fruit Company for a phone you need to ditch the zero and get with the hero and get yourself on the Android Market with way better phones!

B, do yo use that is very secure iCloud they have that a 12 year old can hack into because you shouldn't have any memory problems if everything is backed up on the cloud but don't put any naked pictures on there cuz you may end up on the web!! Lol.

And 3...You have that phone with the fruit on it...!! notice Jake dog with the same problem and what phone does he have?? The one with with that rotten iOS fruit on it!! :D. that's just my suggestion so take it as you will!! use the cloud of your choice and you will have much memory as your phone holds!

I know this did not help you one bit but I had to let you know that the Android Market and OS are excellent and they have a lot more support! good luck though with your problems because I know that's no fun!! Save everything and do a factory reset!!

Tsukuba actually sucks in the eunos because of the people who have to have added weight dont have the acceleration out of the corners.

Looks like the idea of adding weight proposes an issue...

I'd be more satisfied knowing I was keeping up with somebody in a faster division than myself using the same thing rather than knowing I had a weight advantage and still be keeping up with them...kind of defeats the purpose of spec IMO

Last edited:
Looks like the idea of adding weight purposes an issue...

I'd be more satisfied knowing I was keeping up with somebody in a faster division than myself using the same thing rather than knowing I had a weight advantage and still be keeping up with them...kind of defeats the purpose of spec IMO

But the series you refer to is not spec, it's parity, so it has a different purpose.

SNAIL's foundations are based on spec racing and there is plenty of evidence of how drivers can and do improve their speed and move up the rankings and become that someone competing in a faster division.

With the Miata series the aim is to simply try to ensure as much as possible that all drivers, irrespective of their own pace or division placement, run at comparable speeds to each other. This in turn, should bring about exciting and close racing throughout the pack.

Practice was fun last night but there was evidence that there needs to be some ongoing tweaking of the handicaps to bring the front runners back closer to the pack.

Thanks to @Nail-27 and @GTP_Vertigo for the organisation.

Last edited:
But the series you refer to is not spec, it's parity, so it has a different purpose.

SNAIL's foundations are based on spec racing and there is plenty of evidence of how drivers can and do improve their speed and move up the rankings and become that someone competing in a faster division.

With the Miata series the aim is to simply try to ensure as much as possible that all drivers, irrespective of their own pace or division placement, run at comparable speeds to each other. This in turn, should bring about exciting and close racing throughout the pack.

Practice was fun last night but there was evidence that there needs to be some ongoing tweaking of the handicaps to bring the front runners back closer to the pack.

Thanks to @Nail-27 and @GTP-Vertigo for the organisation.

Its also comes down to the faster guys being more patient with the lower divisions and not barging their way through the pack. Also as stated previously the balancing is ongoing. But it also falls down on the drivers to follow SNAIL OLR. There were several occasions were drivers were going 3-4 tires out of boundaries.

Its also comes down to the faster guys being more patient with the lower divisions and not barging their way through the pack. Also as stated previously the balancing is ongoing. But it also falls down on the drivers to follow SNAIL OLR. There were several occasions were drivers were going 3-4 tires out of boundaries.

Of course, I only joined for the last 3 races so I was lucky enough to start up towards the front each time and didn't get to witness any barging I could comment about other than the last race when I was bumped off.

You made some comment about how some drivers were taking the corkscrew at Laguna Seca but I couldn't quite hear exactly what you were saying. Was it about out of bounds using the kerbing?

Of course, I only joined for the last 3 races so I was lucky enough to start up towards the front each time and didn't get to witness any barging I could comment about other than the last race when I was bumped off.

You made some comment about how some drivers were taking the corkscrew at Laguna Seca but I couldn't quite hear exactly what you were saying. Was it about out of bounds using the kerbing?

Yes the kurbing on the left before the cork screw you can get 4 tires off. Also there were many over running the kink @ Silverstone.

I apologize about that @turnupdaheat. I tried to avoid you and not run over Flop. She hit nailed breaks and I locked mine up..

Thanks to @Nail-27 and @GTP_Vertigo for the organisation.

SNAIL SPEC MIATA TEST ROOM is up. 14/16 already.

What night will the Spec Miata Series be?

The way I see it, the handicap itself limits those participating to only a handful of tracks because of the difference in straights and corners from one to another and the affect that has on acceleration.

If 10kg were to make a difference, maybe adding that for every two divisions between you and d8 would close the speed gap a bit. Still, the tracks are limited which may shorten the lifespan of the series due to repetitiveness.

Thinking long term here, people. :lol:

Hey guys, a friend of mine recommended your league to me. And after reading your threads, I couldn't agree more with the mindset you all have. It's such a huge breath of fresh air to see some clean drivers. I really hope you guys are interested and give me a shot. I promise I'll give it my all.

@bezerker34

Here's your official S.N.A.I.L. Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below. Now if you've actually read this, post a :dunce: on the main thread.

6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

I would love be apart of snail racing

@Madstar116

Here's your official S.N.A.I.L. Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below. Now if you've actually read this, post a :dunce: on the main thread.

6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

The way I see it, the handicap itself limits those participating to only a handful of tracks because of the difference in straights and corners from one to another and the affect that has on acceleration.

If 10kg were to make a difference, maybe adding that for every two divisions between you and d8 would close the speed gap a bit. Still, the tracks are limited which may shorten the lifespan of the series due to repetitiveness.

Thinking long term here, people. :lol:

Yeah but the whole idea behind originally was a beginners series, D5-D8 per say. But due to the interest from other divisions something had to be done to level out the playing field from D1-D8. 10kg wasnt a big enough of a difference to even consider it being a valid option.

Yeah but the whole idea behind originally was a beginners series, D5-D8 per say. But due to the interest from other divisions something had to be done to level out the playing field from D1-D8. 10kg wasnt a big enough of a difference to even consider it being a valid option.

That all depends on what kind of difference you're looking for, and where those differences are being put to use. 20kg might not do anything on one course but be all the difference on the next.

Another thing to be analyzed is the way some divisions blend together as far as pace goes. Losing sight of the forest for the trees might do some good.

Aside from my disagreements I like the idea and would like to see it last.

That all depends on what kind of difference you're looking for, and where those differences are being put to use. 20kg might not do anything on one course but be all the difference on the next.

Another thing to be analyzed is the way some divisions blend together as far as pace goes. Losing sight of the forest for the trees might do some good.

Aside from my disagreements I like the idea and would like to see it last.

I believe the main thing not to lose sight of is the fun element of this series. The very serious SNAIL spec racing happens on the Sunday night and, to a lesser extent, in other events run throughout the week. However, here we have a chance to mix it up in a couple of very tame but fun cars that are unlikely to bite you too hard and if someone is winning too often they have joined up on the understanding this success will actually be penalised by having to eat a further 10kgs (or whatever) of doughnuts! :D

It will take some time to settle down but there are a lot of factors to consider when trying ensure the field is as balanced as possible pace wise. Even just taking a flat weight allocation based on what division a driver is in alone does not take into account that every division has faster and slower drivers relative to each other.

Once everyone goes into it respecting each other and what the organisers are trying to achieve it should be a laugh.

One of my racing heroes, holder of the fastest lap ever on the nordschliefe (Stefan Bellof - 6:11.13 in a Porsche 956 - that's him, supposedly on that very lap, in my avatar) lost his life at eua rouge after making side by side contact with Jackie Ickx at the entry point, whose in car camera captured the incident and aftermath. I'm not going to post the video but you can find it easily if you go looking. I can't help but think of that on the first lap every time we run Spa.

Another great driver sadly lost before he could achieve the great things he seemed destined for. Everyone talks of Senna and how he, rather than Prost, would have won at Monaco in 1984 if the race hadn't been stopped because of heavy rain but it's forgotten that Bellof was catching both of them very rapidly.

Anyway, I was lucky enough to see him live in action that very year at Mosport and managed to take this photo of him. He was very clearly the quickest on the track but didn't win due to car trouble.

co84.jpg

Speaking of no ****s being given, here's how they're not given here in Ireland!

Last edited:
Back