◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,782 comments
Looks like the idea of adding weight proposes an issue...

I'd be more satisfied knowing I was keeping up with somebody in a faster division than myself using the same thing rather than knowing I had a weight advantage and still be keeping up with them...kind of defeats the purpose of spec IMO
Weight may slow down acceleration but has one crazy side effect in this game, it adds overall weight to the tires meaning it increases traction slightly more than i affects lateral inertia. I.E. slightly higher corner speeds and stability at the expense of acceleration. basically, bonzai in slipnslide out with lite weight or slow in fast out with more weight. This is something that I've noticed through ALL the tuning that I've done. I guess try it and decide for yourself but try a couple of different lines and driving styles. Just a different way of looking at things

Another great driver sadly lost before he could achieve the great things he seemed destined for. Everyone talks of Senna and how he, rather than Prost, would have won at Monaco in 1984 if the race hadn't been stopped because of heavy rain but it's forgotten that Bellof was catching both of them very rapidly.

Anyway, I was lucky enough to see him live in action that very year at Mosport and managed to take this photo of him. He was very clearly the quickest on the track but didn't win due to car trouble.

Speaking of no ****s being given, here's how they're not given here in Ireland!

True photographer...get the shot first then go and help after people are looking at you like a monster for not helping FIRST ;)

What is this "snow" you speak of?

Does it exist in 95 degree heat?

only one like button so, like,likelike,like!!!! You all wait too long to move here to florida. Snow may be pretty to look at but that's where it ends. You can keep the shoveling, salt induced rust, hazardous driving conditions and, being stuck inside from a wall of water that doesn't move. lol retire to here,heck we have disneyland, and beaches,and universal studios, and it never gets above 97 degrees...even in february lol.

images

TONIGHT is the
SNAIL DriveTrain Challenge!
We will be running cars of each drivetrain with a 410pp average (1640pp total) on sports hard tires. Head on over to the DTC thread for more details.

I will be running this lineup:
FF - VW Golf GTI '05 411pp
4WD - Audi Quattro '82 406pp
FR - Mercedes Benz SLK 230 Kompressor '98 406pp
MR - Lotus Elise Type 72 '01 416pp

Please post in the DTC thread if you would like to take part and we will get you set up. See you on track!

Last edited:
only one like button so, like,likelike,like!!!! You all wait too long to move here to florida. Snow may be pretty to look at but that's where it ends. You can keep the shoveling, salt induced rust, hazardous driving conditions and, being stuck inside from a wall of water that doesn't move. lol retire to here,heck we have disneyland, and beaches,and universal studios, and it never gets above 97 degrees...even in february lol.
For me, I'm not sure those positives outweigh the negative of being a Floridian.

I love it that my car choice survives! Thanks @nmcp1!

While I'm a huge VW fan and I do like the car, the decision was based more on the fact that SPA is just too monster of a track in my opinion. Curious to see where the VGT GTI ends up. 👍

I'm going to be away for a few days including next Sunday, so will be missing my first night of racing since I started :(
That being the case can you give prize c to the next in line if that is protocol.

So does this mean we should start hearing track suggestion from the members of D8 who raced on 09/07?

@Wardenclyffe

I gotta say...95 degrees with 80% humidity is like trying to live in a steam room. Walk outside first thing in the morning and you are soaking wet from sweat in 10mins.

I do like the beach, my kids love Disney World (I do it strictly for them), I like Busch Gardens more. We do not have Winters here...it may freeze for a couple hours here and there in February but that's it.

I only wear pants a couple days a year...literally...not kidding. Shorts are mandatory. No clothing heavier than a lightweight jacket or medium weight sweatshirt material.

Once you live here for a year, you don't want to leave unless something forces you :)

Don't knock it til you try it :)

I gotta say...95 degrees with 80% humidity is like trying to live in a steam room. Walk outside first thing in the morning and you are soaking wet from sweat in 10mins.

I do like the beach, my kids love Disney World (I do it strictly for them), I like Busch Gardens more. We do not have Winters here...it may freeze for a couple hours here and there in February but that's it.

I only wear pants a couple days a year...literally...not kidding. Shorts are mandatory. No clothing heavier than a lightweight jacket or medium weight sweatshirt material.

Once you live here for a year, you don't want to leave unless something forces you :)

Don't knock it til you try it :)
My brother lived in Tampa for a year and then in Largo across the bay for another year. Had a great time but had to move for job reasons. Definitely a great are though. There's a great karting place that opened up last summer and holds racing leagues. I can't remember what it's called or where it is though. Maybe you've heard of one opening up last summer?

My brother lived in Tampa for a year and then in Largo across the bay for another year. Had a great time but had to move for job reasons. Definitely a great are though. There's a great karting place that opened up last summer and holds racing leagues. I can't remember what it's called or where it is though. Maybe you've heard of one opening up last summer?
See? You can't leave unless people force you ;)

This place? http://tampabaygp.com/

Never been there but it looks cool...my 9yr old son would love it...me too ;)

While I'm a huge VW fan and I do like the car, the decision was based more on the fact that SPA is just too monster of a track in my opinion. Curious to see where the VGT GTI ends up. 👍

So does this mean we should start hearing track suggestion from the members of D8 who raced on 09/07?

I finished overall second in D8 on 9/7. There is a tie for votes in combo one and combo three. I am not sure when the tie will be resolved so that I can cast my vote.

See? You can't leave unless people force you ;)

This place? http://tampabaygp.com/

Never been there but it looks cool...my 9yr old son would love it...me too ;)
Nah, this was so much better compared to that. I did go there though when he lived in Tampa. When he lived in Largo we went to the other one. Tampa Bay GP is a good introduction but it's not big enough to get some speed up and it's indoors. This other place was outdoors with the plastic barriers that could be repositioned. The start/finish straight came of a right-hand carousel hairpin and was a left-hand double apex going into a right-hand tight hairpin. So much overtaking when you get a good run off the carousel. You don't want to go inside for the double-apex because you need to be on the right side (inside) for the hairpin. And that exited to a high speed right hand sweeper. So you power out and just floor it. Such a great track this was.

If I have this right, in D8 Prize winner "A" vote is discounted. His vote was for combo 1, giving combo 1 the second most votes. I vote to get rid of HSR and replace it with Twin Ring Motegi.

If I have this right, in D8 Prize winner "A" vote is discounted. His vote was for combo 1, giving combo 1 the second most votes. I vote to get rid of HSR and replace it with Twin Ring Motegi.
Hey Q, you are misunderstanding what is happening here. This is for prize winners based on total race points for the night. I am waiting for confirmation to my post 68731 from @Dragonwhisky @zer05ive @JLBowler @CoachMK21 to see if I'm allowed to pass it on to the next in line or if I still have to pick.

Hey Q, you are misunderstanding what is happening here. This is for prize winners based on total race points for the night. I am waiting for confirmation to my post 68731 from @Dragonwhisky @zer05ive @JLBowler @CoachMK21 to see if I'm allowed to pass it on to the next in line or if I still have to pick.
It would be easier for the rest of us if you picked @aerolite . Please and thank you.

Hey guys, a friend of mine recommended your league to me. And after reading your threads, I couldn't agree more with the mindset you all have. It's such a huge breath of fresh air to see some clean drivers. I really hope you guys are interested and give me a shot. I promise I'll give it my all.

Are you ready to be a snail first before you can go fast :D Welcome to the house!!!

Just make a pick. If it's a good pick, it will be around when you're able to race again.

Please send me info on joining snail racing. Thank you

@xACE58x

Here's your official S.N.A.I.L. Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below. Now if you've actually read this, post a :dunce: on the main thread.

6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

For me, I'm not sure those positives outweigh the negative of being a Floridian.
okay, hows this. The general population from Panama city to Jacksonville and down Orlando, Daytona then over to Tampa/St. Petersburg and Sarasota are comprised mainly oh us "damn yankees" how moved here from northern states. Although Jax and Tallahassee are both southern bible belt areas, Daytona to Sarasota are like being in "lower New York" as per population. We are a "right to work state" meaning union and non-union have to same rights per job site/field and those of us who work outside enjoy working all year around and wages are comparable to most northern states. Our homes have to adhere to the Dade County specs meaning most houses are built to with stand cat 2 hurricane force winds state wide. Average temps are 75/95 in the summer and 54/78 in the winter. The biggest draw back to living here is that no one has basements and most don't have fire places. All in All I invite anyone to come and visit some part of florida during the winter. I'll bet my left arm you'll second guess yourself when it comes time to go back.

Back