◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,696 comments
The no sound thing is killing me, also another issue. Last night in the VW halfway through the race I suddenly lost ALL traction in my car, (like going down the straight I was spinning wheels in 3rd gear)...almost like dirty tires but worse (and I never went off)

Anyone else have that issue, hoping it was just a random bug where it suddenly decided I was on CS or rally tires or something.

Also, never had tires noises all night, engine sound was hit and miss...

I would like to re-join the league. Im not working Monday's anymore :)
I'll do the laps again, but the back of the lowest div is where I'll see myself for a bit. Its been a while-and it looks like it will be a while until this F-ing update is done with. FWP.
And no rush, I know I should start next sunday and not this sunday,
So glad to be back, this really is the best online sports league there is IMO. And seriously, we need our own site. this league is too good.

I would like to comment on the sound issue. Last night @88GTA , @tezgm99 and myself were tire testing for the DTC Snail series.

88gta said he did not have sound. Tez and I both had sound. 88gta could hear our cars revving, tire squeals etc as we would drive near him. But even to us, his car was making no sound. Even if he was in a power slide right next to us, his car was completely silent.

So it's not like he had no sound. His car and associated tire noises was literally silent but he could hear other cars around him.

Very strange.

I'm curious Vertigo, what SNAIL guidelines did you use for those race specs? I'd like some lap times myself, if anyone's got some.

Let's get some pics of the new combos up so we can get those sweet banners made.

I lost all steering last night and couldn't get back in the room to finish practicing. I'll be practicing over the weekend in a friends room. If you want to join just shoot me a friend request.

I would like to comment on the sound issue. Last night @88GTA , @tezgm99 and myself were tire testing for the DTC Snail series.

88gta said he did not have sound. Tez and I both had sound. 88gta could hear our cars revving, tire squeals etc as we would drive near him. But even to us, his car was making no sound. Even if he was in a power slide right next to us, his car was completely silent.

So it's not like he had no sound. His car and associated tire noises was literally silent but he could hear other cars around him.

Very strange.
I used this to my advantage to sneak up on my prey and execute silent (but deadly) dive bombs. The results were amusing. :dunce:

But in all seriousness, it was very annoying. I picked to practice with a Charger SRT8 and I couldn't even hear it. I had to exit the room a couple times and that seemed to fix it. At one point in a RUF BTR, I had no sounds except my horn worked. No tire noise, no engine noise but the sound effect for pressing pause worked, the checkpoint sound effect worked and I could hear people clapping from the grandstands...

I lost all steering last night and couldn't get back in the room to finish practicing. I'll be practicing over the weekend in a friends room. If you want to join just shoot me a friend request.
For me, mic sounds were hit and miss last night. Then I got d/c in qualifying for the second time in my entire history of online racing. First time was Wed. night.

So, since 1.12 update:

I'm sad about losing G27 wheel resistance :(
I'm 0-2 in staying in a lobby :irked:
I'm unable to effectively communicate with a mic in a lobby :grumpy:

Bang up job PD! :mad:

vsfit I believe I have you in my friends network, I'll look for you this weekend to do some practicing since I didn't get any in last night.

I know the LMPs have way too much power for a consistently clean race, but would you ever consider using one at 50% power? The Peugeot 910 LMP has a base model to be painted and have a custom number. The Audi R8 Stealth LMP and Mazda 787B Stealth are carbon but you can change the number. Thoughts?

The no sound thing is killing me, also another issue. Last night in the VW halfway through the race I suddenly lost ALL traction in my car, (like going down the straight I was spinning wheels in 3rd gear)...almost like dirty tires but worse (and I never went off)

Anyone else have that issue, hoping it was just a random bug where it suddenly decided I was on CS or rally tires or something.

Also, never had tires noises all night, engine sound was hit and miss...
I had same problem in practice last night also. No sound for my car but could hear everyone else. I've never had this problem before online. I also got signed out and dc'd last night also.
Anyone else?

This does not bode well for Sunday night.

It's been brought up a couple times already to post up videos of good and bad racecraft. Who do you suppose should be picking these examples? Whom do you think should be compiling those chosen examples, converting them to videos and making them available for public consumption? Just the work involved getting the Summary completed drove 6 people to distraction, a couple more than others, for 3 days this past week. None of the stewards have the time to sort through the various replays to extract the examples of bad racecraft. Compiling all the good examples of race craft that occur would be a task of monumentally epic proportions and need a dedicated team of multi talented people, well equipped with audio/visual and internet skill sets, and, more importantly, the time to do it. If someone wants to put a team together, pick up that ball and run with it, be my guest.

THIS!!!!! THUMB UP!!!! The videos of good race craft will further strengthen the foundation of clean racing. A picture tells a thousand words and a video tell a trillion words!!!! I hope some would step up to this project. It will take time but it is not a weekly task. The goods it brings is paramount. It can be a good marketing tool for SNAIL advocating clean racing, a great resource for new-comers to learn to drive cleanly and a great review/reminder for many of us.

To jump start the project, would anyone want to donate something (beer, gift, money etc) to compensate the time of the members contributing on this project? A little can go a long way. $1 multiply by the number of givers can be a lot. This is just an idea.

I know the LMPs have way too much power for a consistently clean race, but would you ever consider using one at 50% power? The Peugeot 910 LMP has a base model to be painted and have a custom number. The Audi R8 Stealth LMP and Mazda 787B Stealth are carbon but you can change the number. Thoughts?
You do realize there is a 1,000,000 Cr cap on choosing cars, right?

I remember about a month back someone posted what would be available if we increased it to 2mil. And then 5mil, 10mil, etc.

I think we should up it to 2mil. That's really not too hard to get in a single day. So in theory if you only have one day to buy cars and practice, you can still grind quickly for an hour or two to get the car and then practice.

I remember about a month back someone posted what would be available if we increased it to 2mil. And then 5mil, 10mil, etc.

I think we should up it to 2mil. That's really not too hard to get in a single day. So in theory if you only have one day to buy cars and practice, you can still grind quickly for an hour or two to get the car and then practice.

Yeah but what if 2 5 million credits cars are picked? Now you need 10 million credits. I completely agree with the 1 million credit limit.

Thanks again to @FSportIS for the $10 Amazon Gift Card. I just used it towards a replacement rear wheel bearing that I toasted at my HPDE at Watkins Glen. Got it back to the shop and it might not have made it another few laps....Oops. If you watch the video I put up in this post, listen closely at turn 7 (1:20ish), heading into the laces of the boot and you can hear the hub.

Thanks!

THIS!!!!! THUMB UP!!!! The videos of good race craft will further strengthen the foundation of clean racing. A picture tells a thousand words and a video tell a trillion words!!!! I hope some would step up to this project. It will take time but it is not a weekly task. The goods it brings is paramount. It can be a good marketing tool for SNAIL advocating clean racing, a great resource for new-comers to learn to drive cleanly and a great review/reminder for many of us.

To jump start the project, would anyone want to donate something (beer, gift, money etc) to compensate the time of the members contributing on this project? A little can go a long way. $1 multiply by the number of givers can be a lot. This is just an idea.
This sounds like a good idea and you keep pushing for it, so .... Put a team together and start taking pics and making videos .. run with the idea and make it real if you want

Back