◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,696 comments
Good Morning Monday....
mondaypolar.gif

Yikes... I always thought it went classic, vintage THEN antique. (Although I DO feel like an antique quite often!)

I also got a bottle of Monkey Shoulder.... Have you ever tried it?
Never heard of that. Sounds like something Wardenclyffe thinks I should drink. :sly:

Where's the age spreadsheet?
I want to change my info :)

Response incoming. Going to find the links. Be back shortly.

As you can see, we are now up to 79 drivers sharing their ages.
If you wish to include yours, or edit your current information, click this link. If you wish to view the data sheet, click the table above

I went through the sheet last week and deleted what I thought were duplicate entries. If you've already submitted your data for this, please have a look and make sure it's still there, if not, please resubmit.

Thank you.

Last edited:
There are times that things look pretty bad. Last week was one of those nights. It was also a pretty sad week. Tonight was a real test. The D6 gang pulled off a textbook SNAIL night. Everyone remembered and learned from the mistakes we made last week and made tonight's racing more than just fun. It restores the faith in why we are all still here. Tonight's keynote word for me is respect. It appeared to be flowing quite freely tonight. There will always be an occasional grazing here and there but D6 was on their game tonight. Thank you all and very nice work on the track. Thanks H.B. for covering host and scores.

9.1 points separating 1st through 8th.

4.1 points separating 1st through 5th.

8 of 13 found the podium.

Pretty damn cool...

Agreed had the best overall night in my short SNAIL career. Would have made it tighter points race if I didn't wipe out through Maggots and Becketts on the final lap!!! Loving the Vette combo. Thanks for all the help during practice last week guys! I'm loving this league.

snailspecracinglightfromtheleft-jpg.172145

I would very much like to join :)

@Devolution

Here's your official S.N.A.I.L. Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below. Now if you've actually read this, post a :dunce: in this thread.

6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Last edited:
This message has been simmering since last Friday.

No, you aren't taking full responsibility for your actions if you're only participating in half of the process. Don't get me wrong - on-track concessions are good and just but they're also required. Self-filing an Incident Report is the next step in the personal responsibility process, wherein you'll receive additional penalties beyond track position during the race. Whether or not the victimized driver is your friend or not has nothing to do with it.
Also, it is indeed a "position", as used in my post. I'm not going to argue over that, nor will I argue over what every evolved person on this planet knows, which is that characterizing failure to take personal responsibility as wrong is an indisputable fact.
To answer your question, I don't separate the two as being in competition given one is a hard SNAIL law but if you really want to split hairs I'll go there and say I believe the IR process has the greater influence over SNAIL being as clean as it is. On-track concessions are a good and just requirement but they do not produce the lasting penalty the IR process does. Having and using both is the only way to cultivate an environment where there is a compelling sense of fair play, focused solely on clean racing.
I was hesitant to post this follow-up because I don't wish to fan any further drama flames but I have strong feelings about seeing SNAILs discouraging the use of the IR system, especially coming from senior members, and super-especially coming from the Chief Steward. The directly visible effect it has on the racing is the reason I have stayed and I selfishly want the racing to stay as clean as it has been for me so far.
I will start this post by saying, I have never, nor will ever, discourage anyone from using the SNAILIRR system. I designed it, based on how the stewards that came before me worked reviews. I had bucketloads of help getting it to the application layer it employs at this time. @kcheeb did the bulk of building all the sheets and forms for data collection. But it's design and implementation stem from me. What most SNAILs see of SNAILIRR is the tiniest tip of that iceberg. It is counterproductive for me to expect anything less than 100% reporting, self report or otherwise, so that system can do what its been built to do.

I have over a year's worth of proof that the majority of incidents are not self reported. Someone who is so utopianly naive to think all others will admit to and accept punishment for actions they know are against the rules they've agreed to, is not only foolish, but delusionally unrealistic in their thinking.

I'll be as blunt and plain as I can be here. There is no way to exploit the half point penalty modifier for an on track concession. Even if it's stated in the IR, the stewards have the final say whether a concession meets the requirements and we use the replays to provide us with the necessary information to decide. A self report on the other hand is exploitable.

A noble person will accept they screwed up and not take advantage, or return such, if it was gained. An even nobler person will not stop there. They will accompany that returned advantage with a self report. Not only have they sacrificed the advantage gained, they're also risking even more being lost. And, they're leaving it up to a panel of judges to decide whether more will be lost.

This next bit I've kept to myself for as long as I've known about self reports and on track concession. It's been my experience that if you tell the uninformed something they can use to their advantage, they will. Perhaps bringing it out will shed some light on some people's motivations.

Self reporting gets the same modifier as a concession but is different in that it's automatic and not subject to interpretation by any governing body. It's the rule. If the same incident is self reported, and reported by another driver, the one that has the earliest time stamp and lower IR# is the one that's scored and modified. A driver will not receive both modifiers. A self report also supersedes an on track concession, programmatically. In other words, if you self report and gave the on track concession, your modifier will be for the self report and not the concession, and, be stated as such in the summary. An ignoble person might use this order of precedence to their advantage by professing to self report to their opponents, then wait for the filing deadline to expire and give some reason or excuse for not doing what they said they would, and completely escape any consequences. Of course, that won't work but a few times, I hope, before his opponents catch on. I cannot be the only one that knows this, but, the fact that I do, and my own sense of what is right and wrong, tell me that self reporting carries with it the risk of appearing as an irresponsible, self centered, egotistical, win at all cost db, and my sense of prudence and acute awareness of things that could lead to a conflict of interest dictate, I will not do so.

The only real altruistic purpose of the self report is so a driver who is unsure what he did was against the rules or not. A self report presents the question, officially, and a definitive response is provided, officially.

All that aside, if I should ever get a penalty, that modifier statement for the on track concession will be my public badge of honor that I screwed up, accepted it, and punished myself by not gaining anything. Since the driver I affected chose to punish me further, and the stewards agreed, I will accept that as well, unequivocally.

In conclusion, I have nothing against self reports, so long as they are educationally valid, or, prove to be a result of a person being honorably squared. I however, refuse to risk the other possibilities self reports present. If that decision, or position, as its been called, is interpreted as being irresponsible, so be it. If others choose to risk those possibilities, their welcome to do so. The SNAIL Stewards will be here to have their look and make their assessment of the actions taken.

Last edited:
WORST NIGHT EVER.
We were plagued with problems in D8. Too many of us had a few races with no sound.
The guy leading our division in points @jamilla, was destroyed by them. Too bad! He was on a roll and could have done much better tonight.
Some people are talking about not racing again till they fix the problem.
In D6 we also had sound issues which caused much toing and froing from track to garage and even off line and back. Most got away with it finally correcting itself but a few of us got to race with no sound as it failed after or during the start. In the last race of the evening I was the chum in the water for the reverse race (pole)...and as we slowly came out of the long black period while we waited for PD to load I discovered that I had no sound. I QUICKLY swerved left onto the grass and let the field go...then I was going to leave the track and the devil made me do it! I ran all the laps in the electric car mode (silent) and actually caught the back markers and only had three offs...that car is a handful even with sound...but the inability to hear the tyres was a catastrophic . Come on PD get your sierra together...no new stuff until you fix the old stuff.

In D6 we also had sound issues which caused much toing and froing from track to garage and even off line and back. Most got away with it finally correcting itself but a few of us got to race with no sound as it failed after or during the start. In the last race of the evening I was the chum in the water for the reverse race (pole)...and as we slowly came out of the long black period while we waited for PD to load I discovered that I had no sound. I QUICKLY swerved left onto the grass and let the field go...then I was going to leave the track and the devil made me do it! I ran all the laps in the electric car mode (silent) and actually caught the back markers and only had three offs...that car is a handful even with sound...but the inability to hear the tyres was a catastrophic . Come on PD get your sierra together...no new stuff until you fix the old stuff.

Amen brother! We've been waiting long enough!

D5 Action Pack

Respectfull start with @kadrek and @JJLopez427 leading the pack. JJ drove like a true Memo Rojas with the Scirocco.

@kadrek and JJ Fighting it off side to side on the 1st lap

Spy Agent... leaves the door open and @Wolfsatz regains 3rd place

@chatva lurking behind awaiting for a spin up between @Wolfsatz and @JJLopez427

SpyAgent blocks the inside too tight and @Wolfsatz completes an outside pass at the hairpin

@chatva following @JJLopez427 and Wolf

The Snail Train is Back

Side to Side with @kadrek Turn 1 Lap 2 no contact

The only way to pass him @kadrek was for him to make a mistake

Wolf leading the pack

@chatva setting up for the pass

@kadrek charges back and starts to gain on me...

... but then gets loose

The closest the pack was at lap 1 with @kadrek leading the way

@Spy gets loose around Wellington straight and @reigningblood takes the spot

D5 around Luffeld Corner

@chatva followed by Spy, @reigninblood and Nova

@kadrek leading around Club Corner

The Wolf

SpyAgent I dont know what his GTP name is

Old buddy @chatva. Great to see you buddy

@kadrek ended up with a 10 second lead. Someone tell me why he is in D5?

The Wolf just maintaining 2nd place with @JJLopez427 in 3rd

@reigninblood thanks for Hosting.

2 laps to go with Kadrek on my tail and my wheel breaks off. Went from 1st to salvage a 6th place finish driving with the paddle shifters.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I'm having a real hard time finding anything about the miata race tonight. What car, what track? Duh. I have pre-registered. Do I need to send a friend request to the host? Really, I'm not a noob, just a boob. Any help would be appreciated.

The overall intent of this series is to provide good clean wheel to wheel racing for all divisions at the same time. While it is unlikely that a Division 8 driver could win over a Division 1 driver, even with the boost system enabled, it has been demonstrated that divisional overlap provided by boost system will provide everybody with somebody to race with!

Co-Directors Note: Those of you who are Fast drivers need to leave your " fangs" at home. You are going to be mixing it up with drivers who may be having their first race with actual wheel to wheel exposure. Be careful... they will brake earlier, utilize different lines, and in general present you with different overtaking problems. Patience and caution are the word. Bide your time and do things according to the Golden Rule.

Room(s) open at 9:45pm EST/ 6:45pm PST, Qualifiers begins @ 10:00pm/7:00pm sharp!. There is a lot of racing an want to get it done in a reasonable amount of time.

THE CARS
15093634699_6bbfe0c9a3.jpg

15277332541_129e0ac8b5.jpg

Spec Miata

Max Power:123
Weight:940 KG

Mazda Roadster Touring Car
Max Power:214
Weight:795 KG

League Directors:
Nail-27 and GTP_Vertigo
Host(s): Joe_Diben, GTP_Veritgo
Scorekeeper: GTP_Vertigo, TBD
Statistician: GTP_Vertigo, TBD
Replay Uploader: GTP_Vertigo, BayouSimdrifter
Series Photographers: RobbiefromBC, BayouSimDrifter
Series Videographer : TBD, TBD
Series Writer: Nail-27
Series Stewards : Nail-27, GTP_Vertigo, Joe_DiBen, Euclid58
Technical Director : GTP_Vertigo

Car Specs.

Tyres:Miata SH
Tyres:Touring Car RH
Oil change allowed
ABS setting of 1 allowed
Brake Balance adjustment allowed but frowned upon
No other tuning is allowed.
Utilization of your registered SNAIL colors is mandatory.
A specific color may be used only by one car.
Car Numbers are mandatory

Race Settings - Production Car

Qualifier Settings: Race Alone
Qualifier Start:Last turn Race alone
Qualifier Time:Determined by track length. A minimum of 2 hot laps
Start : Grid Start with False Start Check
Grid Order: Fastest First
Boost: Weak
Penalty: Weak
Tyre/Fuel Depletion: Normal
Grip Reduction : Real
Visible Damage: Off
Mechanical Damage: Off
Slipstream: Real
Driving Line: Available
ABS: Available ( set to 1)
Other Aids: Off
Tuning: Prohibited

Race Settings- Touring Car
Grid Order: Slowest First
Tyre/Fuel Depletion: Fast
Slipstream: Weak
Tuning Prohibited

Race Format
  • Two - 20 minutes races for the Spec Miata and One 30 Minute Enduro with one mandatory pit stop for the Spec Miata Touring Car.
  • Pit stops are permitted in ALL races.
  • 3 minute break between races
  • Grid position for first race length determined by SNAIL standard qualifying prior to the start of race one.
  • Grid position for second race determined by reverse finishing position from race one.
  • Grid position for third race will be slowest first based on qualifying position.
  • Do not leave the lobby between races. Should you leave or be disconnected and come back in between races, you will need to fall to the back of the field SAFELY prior to turn #1.
  • Drivers coming off and on pit road always stay on the correct side of the pit road line (DO NOT cross the solid lines).
  • All races will be run under clear weather conditions (no rain) however some races may be at night. (refer to schedule for specifics).
  • If you get disconnected you will be credited with last place. If you DC during qualifying you will start at the back of the pack for the remaining races in that car both races.
  • If more than one person quits or gets disconnected during a race, your finishing position will be determined by the number of laps completed.
General Rules

We expect all drivers to follow the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR) and pursue good racecraft at all times.

• if you're not sure what good racecraft is, watch this video.
  • It can be summed up in one simple 'Golden Rule' of motorsports: It is the responsibility of the overtaking driver, meaning the car that is attempting to execute the pass, to make sure that the pass is made cleanly and incident free. If you don't agree with this rule or don't think it applies to you, please go elsewhere to race !
  • Drivers who fail to participate in at least three of the previous season's races will be moved to Part Time Driver Status.
  • Part time drivers will be allowed to re-apply to Active driver status at the start of the following season based on case by case request.
  • Should more than one lobby be required the rooms will be split as best as possible by Division. Room 1 will be Divisions 1-4. Room 2 Will be Divisions 5-8.

Application Procedure:
Click on the following link and enter you information.

Click here to Register

Refer to Drivers List (Active and Part Time Drivers) for Available Numbers, Body and Wheel Colors.

By submitting your application you agree to the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR) along with following The Good Racecraft Guide.

Racing Incident Report
  • Review the replay from the race to get a fresh perspective on the incident.
  • Wait until league night is over.
  • Then respectfully PM the driver in question and converse about the problem.
  • If you are not satisfied with the outcome of that conversation submitt an IR by clicking Here!
Point System/Championship

A season will be 3 consecutive meetings. The fourth race of every month will be a Race of Champions. It will be comprised of the Top 2 in points for each given division.

There will be be 4 overall championships to be contended for they are:
  • Overall Series (Combined)
  • Divisional Champions (Room 1 /Room 2)
  • Spec
  • Endurance
Points system will consist of the your typical points system used. First place will receive 16 points. Sixteenth will receive 1 point. The pole sitter will also receive additional point.

Those who wish to see the nightly results please click
HERE

The overall intent of this series is to provide good clean wheel to wheel racing for all divisions at the same time. While it is unlikely that a Division 8 driver could win over a Division 1 driver, even with the boost system enabled, it has been demonstrated that divisional overlap provided by boost system will provide everybody with somebody to race with!

Co-Directors Note: Those of you who are Fast drivers need to leave your " fangs" at home. You are going to be mixing it up with drivers who may be having their first race with actual wheel to wheel exposure. Be careful... they will brake earlier, utilize different lines, and in general present you with different overtaking problems. Patience and caution are the word. Bide your time and do things according to the Golden Rule.

Room(s) open at 9:45pm EST/ 6:45pm PST, Qualifiers begins @ 10:00pm/7:00pm sharp!. There is a lot of racing an want to get it done in a reasonable amount of time.

THE CARS

Spec Miata

League Directors:
Nail-27 and GTP_Vertigo

Car Specs.

Oil change allowed
ABS setting of 1 allowed

Tuning Prohibited

Race Format
  • Two - 20 minutes races for the Spec Miata and One 30 Minute Enduro with one mandatory pit stop for the Spec Miata Touring Car.
  • Grid position for first race length determined by SNAIL standard qualifying prior to the start of race one.
  • Grid position for second race determined by reverse finishing position from race one.
  • Grid position for third race will be slowest first based on qualifying position.
  • Do not leave the lobby between races. Should you leave or be disconnected and come back in between races, you will need to fall to the back of the field SAFELY prior to turn #1.
  • Drivers coming off and on pit road always stay on the correct side of the pit road line (DO NOT cross the solid lines).
  • All races will be run under clear weather conditions (no rain) however some races may be at night. (refer to schedule for specifics).
  • If you get disconnected you will be credited with last place. If you DC during qualifying you will start at the back of the pack for the remaining races in that car both races.
  • If more than one person quits or gets disconnected during a race, your finishing position will be determined by the number of laps completed.
General Rules

We expect all drivers to follow the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR) and pursue good racecraft at all times.

• It can be summed up in one simple 'Golden Rule' of motorsports: It is the responsibility of the overtaking driver, meaning the car that is attempting to execute the pass, to make sure that the pass is made cleanly and incident free. If you don't agree with this rule or don't think it applies to you, please go elsewhere to race !
  • Drivers who fail to participate in at least three of the previous season's races will be moved to Part Time Driver Status.
  • Part time drivers will be allowed to re-apply to Active driver status at the start of the following season based on case by case request.
  • Should more than one lobby be required the rooms will be split as best as possible by Division. Room 1 will be Divisions 1-4. Room 2 Will be Divisions 5-8.

Application Procedure:

Click here to Register

Refer to Drivers List (Active and Part Time Drivers) for Available Numbers, Body and Wheel Colors.

By submitting your application you agree to the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR) along with following The Good Racecraft Guide.

Racing Incident Report

• If you are not satisfied with the outcome of that conversation submitt an IR by clicking Here!

A season will be 3 consecutive meetings. The fourth race of every month will be a Race of Champions. It will be comprised of the Top 2 in points for each given division.

• Spec
    • Endurance
Points system will consist of the your typical points system used. First place will receive 16 points. Sixteenth will receive 1 point. The pole sitter will also receive additional point.

HERE

That should really be the first post in it's own thread. Reserve a couple extra posts right after that one when you start the thread dedicated for this series.

D5 photos are pretty awesome. Wish I had the talent to do the same for my division; a cool way to look back on the night. Nice job Wolfsatz!

You want pictures..? I can post em up on our thread!! I asked before and no one sounded interested so I just didnt bother!! I love taking pics in this game!! 👍

Wow @Wolfsatz your a brute!
First I've ever heard of that happening.

"2 laps to go with Kadrek on my tail and my wheel breaks off. Went from 1st to savage a 6th place finish driving with the paddle shifters."

[/QUOTE]

@Wolfsatz , do you think that can be fixed with some superglue or plastic epoxy?
DUCT TAPE!

Wolf ought to put this in his sig;

"Can Hulk a G27 wheel off its mounts in 2.6 seconds, flat"

"Savage" is definitely an apropos word there. Think he mighta meant salvage but...

Hmmm. Another sig statement comes to mind;

"1st to Savage in 2.6 seconds, flat!"

THE CARS

Spec Miata

League Directors:
Nail-27 and GTP_Vertigo

Car Specs.

Oil change allowed
ABS setting of 1 allowed

Tuning Prohibited

Race Format
General Rules

Application Procedure:

Click here to Register

Racing Incident Report

• Spec
    • Endurance

HERE
Ok, where is the

THE CARS

Spec Miata

League Directors:
Nail-27 and GTP_Vertigo

Car Specs.

Oil change allowed
ABS setting of 1 allowed

Tuning Prohibited

Race Format
General Rules

Application Procedure:

Click here to Register

Racing Incident Report

• Spec
    • Endurance

HERE
ok...... Now where is the
race?

Back