◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,420 comments
Race of Champions
September Season
October 3, 2014

9:30 pm ET

If you are listed below, you have been selected to participate in the September S.N.A.I.L. Race of Champions. Please reply to this post with your intentions to race as soon as possible - this includes the alternates as well.

There is at least 1 automatic qualifier who has an Incident Report filed against them. Once the stewards have reviewed the incidents in question, the list below may be adjusted.

Format:

3 x 20 minute races
Race 1-
Starting position determined by division in reverse order (D8, D7, D6, etc).
Race 2 & 3- Reverse grid

15 drivers + 1 host (TBD)

Division 1
1- @LLOYDZELITE69 (265)
2- @martin20az (245)
alt4- @Matt Sierras (238) -> Taking place of @Falango

Division 2
3- @XR_RACER_11 (242)
4- @Rednose58 (237)
alt5- @ConnorWolf (235.1) -> Taking place of @LLOYDZELITE69

Division 3
5- @Falango (249.1)
6- @turnupdaheat (240.1)
alt6- @nmcp1 (234) -> Taking place of @Jayc2k

Division 4
7- @FloptaStr8 (243) - tentatively accepted
8- @fzappa (239)
alt7- @SGETI (226)

Division 5
9- @kadrek (266.1)
10- @Wardenclyffe (222)
alt8- @reigninblood (221) -> Taking place of @nmcp1

Division 6
11- @euclid58 (230.2)
alt3- @ExoSphere64 (220) -> Taking place of @Rednose58
alt11- @Rockhound18 (215)

Division 7
12- @Jayc2k (253)
alt2- @BayouSimDrifter (237) -> Taking place of @martin20az
alt10- @singlepaddy (230)

Division 8
13- @jamilla (260)
alt1- @McTrucker (247) -> Taking place of @Wardenclyffe
alt9- @QEDXY (240)

Confirmed drivers will be in bold
Scratched drivers will be crossed out

Driver Selection Process:
1- (10) Top 2 in divisions 1-5
2- (03) Winner in divisions 6-8
3- (02) Two At-Large Bids (AL) - Highest season point total of a non-automatic driver (can not be from same division)

Alternate ranking determined by:
1- First non-automatic or at-large place finishers in order of points scored for the month
2- Second non-automatic or at-large place finishers in order of points scored for the month

COMBO Selection
For the first time in Race of Champions history, there will not be a vote for combos. Each of the combos were raced twice in the month of September.

1- Spoon S2000 '00 at Autumn Ring (2 weeks)
--- 326HP / PP 490 / RH tires

2- Chevrolet Camaro SS Touring Car '10 at Indianapolis Road Course (2 weeks)
--- 604HP / PP 602 / RH tires

3- Volkswagen GTI Roadster VGT '14 @ Nurburgring GP/F (2 weeks)
--- 578HP / PP 616 / SS tires

I will continue to update this post. Bookmark it to find it easily.

If I "Like" your post, I have recorded your decision.

Last edited:
This message has been simmering since last Friday.

I will start this post by saying, I have never, nor will ever, discourage anyone from using the SNAILIRR system. I designed it, based on how the stewards that came before me worked reviews. I had bucketloads of help getting it to the application layer it employs at this time. @kcheeb did the bulk of building all the sheets and forms for data collection. But it's design and implementation stem from me. What most SNAILs see of SNAILIRR is the tiniest tip of that iceberg. It is counterproductive for me to expect anything less than 100% reporting, self report or otherwise, so that system can do what its been built to do.

I have over a year's worth of proof that the majority of incidents are not self reported. Someone who is so utopianly naive to think all others will admit to and accept punishment for actions they know are against the rules they've agreed to, is not only foolish, but delusionally unrealistic in their thinking.

I'll be as blunt and plain as I can be here. There is no way to exploit the half point penalty modifier for an on track concession. Even if it's stated in the IR, the stewards have the final say whether a concession meets the requirements and we use the replays to provide us with the necessary information to decide. A self report on the other hand is exploitable.

A noble person will accept they screwed up and not take advantage, or return such, if it was gained. An even nobler person will not stop there. They will accompany that returned advantage with a self report. Not only have they sacrificed the advantage gained, they're also risking even more being lost. And, they're leaving it up to a panel of judges to decide whether more will be lost.

This next bit I've kept to myself for as long as I've known about self reports and on track concession. It's been my experience that if you tell the uninformed something they can use to their advantage, they will. Perhaps bringing it out will shed some light on some people's motivations.

Self reporting gets the same modifier as a concession but is different in that it's automatic and not subject to interpretation by any governing body. It's the rule. If the same incident is self reported, and reported by another driver, the one that has the earliest time stamp and lower IR# is the one that's scored and modified. A driver will not receive both modifiers. A self report also supersedes an on track concession, programmatically. In other words, if you self report and gave the on track concession, your modifier will be for the self report and not the concession, and, be stated as such in the summary. An ignoble person might use this order of precedence to their advantage by professing to self report to their opponents, then wait for the filing deadline to expire and give some reason or excuse for not doing what they said they would, and completely escape any consequences. Of course, that won't work but a few times, I hope, before his opponents catch on. I cannot be the only one that knows this, but, the fact that I do, and my own sense of what is right and wrong, tell me that self reporting carries with it the risk of appearing as an irresponsible, self centered, egotistical, win at all cost db, and my sense of prudence and acute awareness of things that could lead to a conflict of interest dictate, I will not do so.

The only real altruistic purpose of the self report is so a driver who is unsure what he did was against the rules or not. A self report presents the question, officially, and a definitive response is provided, officially.

All that aside, if I should ever get a penalty, that modifier statement for the on track concession will be my public badge of honor that I screwed up, accepted it, and punished myself by not gaining anything. Since the driver I affected chose to punish me further, and the stewards agreed, I will accept that as well, unequivocally.

In conclusion, I have nothing against self reports, so long as they are educationally valid, or, prove to be a result of a person being honorably squared. I however, refuse to risk the other possibilities self reports present. If that decision, or position, as its been called, is interpreted as being irresponsible, so be it. If others choose to risk those possibilities, their welcome to do so. The SNAIL Stewards will be here to have their look and make their assessment of the actions taken.

Still disagree, and it is not just the drugs driving my position. What I unequivocally know is that I think significantly less of those that refuse to self report. On track concessions are fine and just but at that point the victimized driver's race has been dramatically affected while you skate away with nothing to show for your offense than on track positioning.

I also very, very strongly believe that the Chief Steward explaining in detail how they refuse to self report because somehow an on track concession is just as good a penalty as a post race points adjustment and probationary period while simultaneously indicating it is not worth the jeopardy of additional penalties stemming from self reporting is about a strong a discouragement as can be said.

Also, I am not so naive as to think that everyone self reports but I do expect the leaders to do so. I have not been here long in the grand scheme of SNAIL but I have been here long enough to experience a place at each swing of the podium. The most unpleasant experiences, wherein I was seriously contemplating dropping out of Sinday nights, were in a division where everyone was strongly discouraged from filing reports.

Race of Champions
September Season
October 4, 2014

If you are listed below, you have been selected to participate in the September S.N.A.I.L. Race of Champions. Please reply to this post with your intentions to race as soon as possible - this includes the alternates as well.

There is at least 1 automatic qualifier who has an Incident Report filed against them. Once the stewards have reviewed the incidents in question, the list below may be adjusted.

Format:

3 x 20 minute races
Race 1-
Race 2 & 3- Reverse grid

Division 1
1- @LLOYDZELITE69 (265)
2- @martin20az (245)
alt4- @Matt Sierras (238)

Division 2
3- @XR_RACER_11 (242)
4- @Rednose58 (237)
alt5- @ConnorWolf (235.1)

Division 3
5- @Falango (249.1)
6- @turnupdaheat (240.1)
alt6- @nmcp1 (234)

Division 4
7- @FloptaStr8 (243)
8- @fzappa (239)
alt7- @SGETI (226)

Division 5
9- @kadrek (266.1)
10- @Wardenclyffe (222)
alt8- @reigninblood (221)

Division 6
11- @euclid58 (230.2)
alt3- @ExoSphere64 (220)

Division 7
12- @Jayc2k (253)
alt2- @BayouSimDrifter (237)

Division 8
13- @jamilla (260)
alt1- @McTrucker (247)
alt9- @QEDXY (240)

3- (02) Two At-Large Bids (AL) - Highest season point total of a non-automatic driver (can not be from same division)

1- First non-automatic or at-large place finishers in order of points scored for the month
2- Second non-automatic or at-large place finishers in order of points scored for the month

COMBO Selection
For the first time in Race of Champions history, there will not be a vote for combos. Each of the combos were raced twice in the month of September.

I'll be there!

Race of Champions
September Season
October 4, 2014

Format:

3 x 20 minute races
Race 1-
Race 2 & 3- Reverse grid

Division 1
1- @LLOYDZELITE69 (265)
2- @martin20az (245)

Division 2
3- @XR_RACER_11 (242)
4- @Rednose58 (237)

Division 3
5- @Falango (249.1)
6- @turnupdaheat (240.1)
alt6- @nmcp1 (234)

Division 4
7- @FloptaStr8 (243)
8- @fzappa (239)
alt7- @SGETI (226)

Division 5
9- @kadrek (266.1)
10- @Wardenclyffe (222)

Division 6
11- @euclid58 (230.2)
alt3- @ExoSphere64 (220)

Division 7
12- @Jayc2k (253)

Division 8
13- @jamilla (260)
alt1- @McTrucker (247)
alt9- @QEDXY (240)

COMBO Selection

If I read this right I have qualified for the RoC. Unfortunately I am not able to race this week and will miss it so please pass my spot on to someone else.

Race of Champions
September Season
October 4, 2014

Format:

3 x 20 minute races
Race 1-
Race 2 & 3- Reverse grid

Division 1
1- @LLOYDZELITE69 (265)
2- @martin20az (245)

Division 2
3- @XR_RACER_11 (242)
4- @Rednose58 (237)

Division 3
5- @Falango (249.1)
6- @turnupdaheat (240.1)
alt6- @nmcp1 (234)

Division 4
7- @FloptaStr8 (243)
8- @fzappa (239)
alt7- @SGETI (226)

Division 5
9- @kadrek (266.1)
10- @Wardenclyffe (222)

Division 6
11- @euclid58 (230.2)
alt3- @ExoSphere64 (220)

Division 7
12- @Jayc2k (253)

Division 8
13- @jamilla (260)
alt1- @McTrucker (247) - Taking place of @Wardenclyffe
alt9- @QEDXY (240)

COMBO Selection

Can't make it. Working out of town

Race of Champions
September Season
October 4, 2014

Format:

3 x 20 minute races
Race 1-
Race 2 & 3- Reverse grid

Division 1
1- @LLOYDZELITE69 (265)
2- @martin20az (245)

Division 2
3- @XR_RACER_11 (242)
4- @Rednose58 (237)

Division 3
5- @Falango (249.1)
6- @turnupdaheat (240.1)
alt6- @nmcp1 (234)

Division 4
7- @FloptaStr8 (243)
8- @fzappa (239)
alt7- @SGETI (226)

Division 5
9- @kadrek (266.1)
10- @Wardenclyffe (222)

Division 6
11- @euclid58 (230.2)
alt3- @ExoSphere64 (220)

Division 7
12- @Jayc2k (253)

Division 8
13- @jamilla (260)
alt9- @QEDXY (240)

COMBO Selection

Sunday races are "locked" in. I cannot say for certain I can make it, however, chances are very good that I can, barring any unforseen issues. The past few Saturdays have been "open".

@Dragonwhisky

Replay uploaded. @SGETI emailed me the replay. Thanks for stepping up. @zer05ive I think some $hells are in order. What say you? You can give him some of mine:)👍
On my phone so I can't check for sure, but there should be an option to earn $hells when less than all six replays are uploaded. I can't give any $hells that aren't mine, but everyone can give their own $hells by clicking the 'spend $hells' link in my sig. :)

Sunday races are "locked" in. I cannot say for certain I can make it, however, chances are very good that I can, barring any unforseen issues. The past few Saturdays have been "open".

Just noticed the date is Saturday and the ROC is normally held on a Friday night. @CoachMK21 can you confirm which day is correct?

So sorry. Once again I goofed the date. It is FRIDAY, October 3rd.

Still disagree, and it is not just the drugs driving my position. What I unequivocally know is that I think significantly less of those that refuse to self report. On track concessions are fine and just but at that point the victimized driver's race has been dramatically affected while you skate away with nothing to show for your offense than on track positioning.

I also very, very strongly believe that the Chief Steward explaining in detail how they refuse to self report because somehow an on track concession is just as good a penalty as a post race points adjustment and probationary period while simultaneously indicating it is not worth the jeopardy of additional penalties stemming from self reporting is about a strong a discouragement as can be said.

Also, I am not so naive as to think that everyone self reports but I do expect the leaders to do so. I have not been here long in the grand scheme of SNAIL but I have been here long enough to experience a place at each swing of the podium. The most unpleasant experiences, wherein I was seriously contemplating dropping out of Sinday nights, were in a division where everyone was strongly discouraged from filing reports.

You've apparently missed the point. Once again. I can't argue that you may have experienced someone trying to discourage IR filing. It wasn't me, and it better not have been any of the stewards. I don't have any problems accepting points reduction or probation from any penalty, self reported or otherwise. Again, that's where you seem to be missing the point of why, exactly, I won't self report. If others are willing to assume the risks I outlined earlier, that's their choice. If anyone, or group of someones, are encouraging others not to file IRs, self report or not, they are doing the entire league a disservice.

You seem to be inferring things I am not implying. That's on you. What's on me is the decision not to self report and fully expect others to file against me should they feel my actions warrant it. I have also stated very specific reasons why I've made that decision. If you choose to see that as discouraging others, that is also on you.

I'm done with this discussion here. If you wish to continue it, feel free to PM me.

Aside from all that, I hope your surgery was successful and your recovery smooth.

Race of Champions
September Season
October 3, 2014

Format:

3 x 20 minute races
Race 1-
Race 2 & 3- Reverse grid

Division 1
1- @LLOYDZELITE69 (265)
2- @martin20az (245)

Division 2
3- @XR_RACER_11 (242)
4- @Rednose58 (237)

Division 3
5- @Falango (249.1)
6- @turnupdaheat (240.1)
alt6- @nmcp1 (234)

Division 4
7- @FloptaStr8 (243)
8- @fzappa (239)
alt7- @SGETI (226)

Division 5
9- @kadrek (266.1)
10- @Wardenclyffe (222)

Division 6
11- @euclid58 (230.2)
alt3- @ExoSphere64 (220)

Division 7
12- @Jayc2k (253)

Division 8
13- @jamilla (260)
alt9- @QEDXY (240)

COMBO Selection

When I thought it was on Saturday I was happy..... However, this Friday night I am taking my wonderful wife to the Theatre for the opening night of the drama season. I wouldn't pass the theatre for the ROC - not safe....... so, please draw a line through my name.

crying-gifs-10112013-04.gif

Race of Champions
September Season
October 3, 2014

Format:

3 x 20 minute races
Race 1-
Race 2 & 3- Reverse grid

Division 1
1- @LLOYDZELITE69 (265)
2- @martin20az (245)

Division 2
3- @XR_RACER_11 (242)
4- @Rednose58 (237)

Division 3
5- @Falango (249.1)
6- @turnupdaheat (240.1)
alt6- @nmcp1 (234)

Division 4
8- @fzappa (239)
alt7- @SGETI (226)

Division 5
9- @kadrek (266.1)
10- @Wardenclyffe (222)

Division 6
11- @euclid58 (230.2)

Division 7
12- @Jayc2k (253)

Division 8
13- @jamilla (260)
alt9- @QEDXY (240)

COMBO Selection

I'll be there. I feel that Wardenclyffe should have been able to be there but, I understand the circumstances. That being said, I'll try my best to do him justice and represent D5 the best way that I can.

I'll be there. I feel that Wardenclyffe should have been able to be there but, I understand the circumstances. That being said, I'll try my best to do him justice and represent D5 the best way that I can.

Just to clarify, you're the 8th alternate and do not directly replace Wardenclyffe. But it's likely you'll make it in via others not being able to make it.

Has prize c been redeemed by @aeroliteflight ? I searched for post but could not find any from this user.

I believe we're still waiting.

Prize A Choice:

Car: Autobacs Garaiya '02 - 207HP / 460PP - Sports Medium Tires

Track: Nurburgring GP/D

@aerolite is choosing @ Autumn Ring

(Repeat) Corvette at Silverstone Gran Prix

Has prize c been redeemed by @aeroliteflight ? I searched for post but could not find any from this user.
Hold on to your ...........:D I did some testing yesterday morning but have been away for 24hrs. You will know in a few hours. Decisions are quite often not known until Wed evenings and sometimes not until Thurs.

Race of Champions
September Season
October 3, 2014

Format:

3 x 20 minute races
Race 1-
Race 2 & 3- Reverse grid

Division 1
1- @LLOYDZELITE69 (265)
2- @martin20az (245)

Division 2
3- @XR_RACER_11 (242)
4- @Rednose58 (237)

Division 3
5- @Falango (249.1)
6- @turnupdaheat (240.1)
alt6- @nmcp1 (234)

Division 4
8- @fzappa (239)
alt7- @SGETI (226)

Division 5
9- @kadrek (266.1)
10- @Wardenclyffe (222)

Division 6
11- @euclid58 (230.2)

Division 7
12- @Jayc2k (253)

Division 8
13- @jamilla (260)
alt9- @QEDXY (240)

COMBO Selection

I unfortunately cant make it :(

Latest Posts

Back