◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,417 comments
PRIZE C

I have read many comments over the past months when it comes to choosing the cars and quite often I hear people wondering why no one ever pics older slower street cars that would be a blast to race. I have had the opportunity to pick a track before but never a car, and always said that if I had the chance then that is what I would do. So here ya go, this car will reward smooth and patient driving, and I hope, close racing. Three of us (@SHOCKY_WELL @DCschwinn) had alot of fun doing just that today, thanks for the help guy's!
Isuzu Bellett 1600 GT '69
PP354
HP124 After oil change.

View attachment 233306 View attachment 233307 View attachment 233308
image.jpg
image.jpg

Race of Champions
September Season
October 3, 2014

9:30 pm ET

If you are listed below, you have been selected to participate in the September S.N.A.I.L. Race of Champions. Please reply to this post with your intentions to race as soon as possible - this includes the alternates as well.

There is at least 1 automatic qualifier who has an Incident Report filed against them. Once the stewards have reviewed the incidents in question, the list below may be adjusted.

Format:

3 x 20 minute races
Race 1-
Starting position determined by division in reverse order (D8, D7, D6, etc).
Race 2 & 3- Reverse grid

15 drivers + 1 host (TBD)

Division 1
1- @LLOYDZELITE69 (265)
2- @martin20az (245)
alt4- @Matt Sierras (238) -> Taking place of @Falango

Division 2
3- @XR_RACER_11 (242)
4- @Rednose58 (237)
alt5- @ConnorWolf (235.1)

Division 3
5- @Falango (249.1)
6- @turnupdaheat (240.1)
alt6- @nmcp1 (234)

Division 4
7- @FloptaStr8 (243) - tentatively accepted
8- @fzappa (239)
alt7- @SGETI (226)

Division 5
9- @kadrek (266.1)
10- @Wardenclyffe (222)
alt8- @reigninblood (221)

Division 6
11- @euclid58 (230.2)
alt3- @ExoSphere64 (220) -> Taking place of @Rednose58
alt11- @Rockhound18 (215)

Division 7
12- @Jayc2k (253)
alt2- @BayouSimDrifter (237) -> Taking place of @martin20az
alt10- @singlepaddy (230)

Division 8
13- @jamilla (260)
alt1- @McTrucker (247) -> Taking place of @Wardenclyffe
alt9- @QEDXY (240)

Confirmed drivers will be in bold
Scratched drivers will be crossed out

Driver Selection Process:
1- (10) Top 2 in divisions 1-5
2- (03) Winner in divisions 6-8
3- (02) Two At-Large Bids (AL) - Highest season point total of a non-automatic driver (can not be from same division)

Alternate ranking determined by:
1- First non-automatic or at-large place finishers in order of points scored for the month
2- Second non-automatic or at-large place finishers in order of points scored for the month

COMBO Selection
For the first time in Race of Champions history, there will not be a vote for combos. Each of the combos were raced twice in the month of September.

1- Spoon S2000 '00 at Autumn Ring (2 weeks)
--- 326HP / PP 490 / RH tires

2- Chevrolet Camaro SS Touring Car '10 at Indianapolis Road Course (2 weeks)
--- 604HP / PP 602 / RH tires

3- Volkswagen GTI Roadster VGT '14 @ Nurburgring GP/F (2 weeks)
--- 578HP / PP 616 / SS tires

I will continue to update this post. Bookmark it to find it easily.

If I "Like" your post, I have recorded your decision.

I will make this one.

Did Mr.Beal come out with prize A yet?

Mr. Beal announced yesterday-ish, and Aero announced a few hours ago -all on Wednesday! NICE!!!

A) Isuzu Bellet '69 (SHard) @ Autumn Ring (about 360 PP?)

B) Autobacs Gairiya (SMed) @ Nurburgring GP/D (460 PP)

(Whatever it is called/spelled, going to bed - @Schmiggz can be the combo verification and re-announcer to avoid fish slappiness in the future. #voluntold #chronicbiotch&doityerself)

C) Corvette ZR-1 LM Race Car '09 (Race Med) @ Silverstone Gran Prix (659 PP)

Last edited:
For what its worth, I will no longer be hosting any sort of practice lobby. I will not attend practice lobbies. I'm so over all these people who choose to be complete asshats any other time than on Sunday nights. If your going to practice with others atleast follow the damn OLR. It should be a ALL the time thing. Not when you feel like it.

Mr. Beal announced yesterday-ish, and Aero announced a few hours ago -all on Wednesday! NICE!!!

(Whatever it is called/spelled, going to bed - @Schmiggz can be the combo verification and re-announcer to avoid fish slappiness in the future. #voluntold #chronicbiotch&doityerself)

Handlebar, it's grand prix :P

@nmcp1:
OLR QUIZ complete and sent in
TIME TRIAL complete and results sent in.

JLBowler will send message through this thread or to ps3 account?

I got GT6 very recently and bought my wheel/pedals today so although very "green" at this game, I'm super excited to see what I can do here.

@nmcp1:
OLR QUIZ complete and sent in
TIME TRIAL complete and results sent in.

JLBowler will send message through this thread or to ps3 account?

I got GT6 very recently and bought my wheel/pedals today so although very "green" at this game, I'm super excited to see what I can do here.
He'll create a conversation on GTPlanet for you. If you don't get an immediate answer, don't get worried, he will get to you by Saturday night.

Welcome to Snail MCA. Race hard, race clean and stay away from "the cop" :mischievous: and you will find here all the tools and friendly advice to become a great Sim racer.

Thanks Handlebar! I've linked your post into the lineup post until the banners are ready. 👍

If anyone has lap times for the two new combos, please post them here asap.

@Rednose58 - Do you think you could so something like this every week? If so, we can give you an official title so that you can start earning $hells for your efforts. Posting all this information is a helpful to @GamingPete because he doesn't have to hunt down the lineup information needed for his banners.

@GamingPete - speaking of $hells, be sure to claim them for all your banners! :)

Thanks Handlebar! I've linked your post into the lineup post until the banners are ready. 👍

If anyone has lap times for the two new combos, please post them here asap.

I quickly did one flying lap in both cars.

Isuzu @ 1:38.XXX
Autobacs @ 1:41.XXX

Gran Turismo 7 wish list:
Jaguar F-Type-R Coupe

YES! I'm starting to see a few more of these around Vancouver, and I absolutely love the coupe! It looks deadly in white (I'm a sucker for white cars).

Back