◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,415 comments
can i race tonight
I don't think there are any official SNAIL events tonight. Our official League Night is Sunday, your Monday morning, at approximately 0 dark bleary eye thirty, so, unless you can hook up with one of the other series that goes on during the week, you'll have to wait until Saturday/Sunday or Sunday/Monday.

Check the link in my signature below for FUD. Should be links there that will take you to everything and more about SNAIL.
Monday night miata!

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...e-excitement-never-ends.317740/#post-10117117

I have to say, this,

2016-mazda-mx-5-31-wide-1000x600-hd-wallpaper.jpg

Is not a bad looking little car.

@Vigilmo

Here's your official S.N.A.I.L. Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below. Now if you've actually read this, post a :dunce: in this thread.

6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

:dunce:

I have another suggestion....., but it might require some additional stewards and reviewers. Not sure if we have enough of them going around with all the IR's.

First the pre-amble:
We have a Racing Incident Report system whereby drivers get penalised for causing incidents and put on probation, losing points and all the bad stuff. In the end it makes us all better drivers because I'm sure no one is doing it on purpose, but next time you will know to brake a little earlier or be more patient and only take the opportunity when it realy is there.

Here is the suggestion:
Can we also have an "Excellent Race Craft Report" system where we can report positive incidents of excellent race craft. Incidents that will quallify for example: Excellent passing manuevers. Two drivers side-by-side on the way to the hairpin and both get through without losing too much time. Demonstration of patience and keeping pressure on until the opportunity presents itself. Safe re-entry after an accident. etc. etc. You have to positively "feel that it was a great piece of driving" before you file the ERCR. The best ones can then be published on the forum as examples for others to learn from.

Rewards: Suggestions?

Now, is there somebody willing to take this on if this is something we would like to consider?

That's how fast you are. You were so fast last week that you scored points for this week. Your flux capacitor must be working just fine.
Your car just knows it's way around all the tracks on its own now.

I have another suggestion....., but it might require some additional stewards and reviewers. Not sure if we have enough of them going around with all the IR's.

First the pre-amble:
We have a Racing Incident Report system whereby drivers get penalised for causing incidents and put on probation, losing points and all the bad stuff. In the end it makes us all better drivers because I'm sure no one is doing it on purpose, but next time you will know to brake a little earlier or be more patient and only take the opportunity when it realy is there.

Here is the suggestion:
Can we also have an "Excellent Race Craft Report" system where we can report positive incidents of excellent race craft. Incidents that will quallify for example: Excellent passing manuevers. Two drivers side-by-side on the way to the hairpin and both get through without losing too much time. Demonstration of patience and keeping pressure on until the opportunity presents itself. Safe re-entry after an accident. etc. etc. You have to positively "feel that it was a great piece of driving" before you file the ERCR. The best ones can then be published on the forum as examples for others to learn from.

Rewards: Suggestions?

Now, is there somebody willing to take this on if this is something we would like to consider?

If you notice someone doing something the right way, by all means, bring it up. Post it here or let them know in the lobby after the race. Public acknowledgement is a great way to reward someone for racing the right way.

I made a comment to you last night after a race about a track reentry where you made a good decision and executed it very well. I'm now mentioning it here for everyone to see.

@Rednose58 had gone off track during a turn. He was able to collect the car without spinning but was back on the track at reduced speed. His next move is what set him apart from others. He made the quick decision to drive to the side of the track away from the racing line and allow an oncoming car to pass without incident. This showed good decision making, good execution, and a good understanding of his responsibility when coming back onto the track.

Well done.

I'm all for the positive racecraft mentions as well. It does mean a lot when people respect the other racers and it nakes for some great racing when we get some good battles! If i remember correctly, I was in a good side by side battle with GamingPete for a short while in his backyard (RBR). The side by side racing is absolutely thrilling, and if we can find a way to reward or at least recognize those people, that would be great.

Shall I suggest a poll or some sort of system that allows us to vote for a "Move of the Night", where we can submit one extraordinary incident, drivers can review them, vote, and the winner each week gets some sort of prize?

keep the weight down, mpg, reliability..cause mazda motor in mazda car and they used to make a mazdaspeed miata back in the day. :)
They sure did, but it just wasn't as good as it could have been. It had potential.

Last edited:
D6 ran fast and clean - when the "host bug" reared up for our alternate, we did the right thing by choosing to regrid and race with everyone we could.

Hosts shouldn't have to give up 1/6 to 1/3 of their races, PD.

Some nice, close racing in several combos.

@Rednose58 - no #31? No #13???

I second this motion! Can we make this a rule? I has happened to me a couple of times during Sunday Races and also @TEX36 has felt it twice.

This bug is the Ebola of PD and it seems that is spreading :rolleyes:

View attachment 246125

IT'S MONDAY NIGHT MIATA MADNESS DAY!

9:30 Eastern

We race with mild boost and the room is open. If you can't race for the entire night ( four 20 minute races) just show up and race a couple.

You will need the '89 NA Eunos Miata with an oil change and the Miata Touring car with its oil changed too.

Cheers and Check 6

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...t-youve-been-missing-spots-open.235094/unread

Thanks for the reminder! I had a lot of issues running in traffic last night. Hopefully this series will remedy that for me.

Latest Posts

Back