◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,696 comments

The ButtKicker Gamer2 features an all-new, rock-solid digital power amplifier that cranks 90 watts into your sim racing rig or seat. This convection cooled (fanless) amplifier includes a wired remote control and a base stand for vertical placement. Feel the gut-wrenching punch of a crash, the pounding of fenders, racing engines, backfires, gear shifts, rumble strips, screeching tires, engine throttle and more. Turn down or turn off your subwoofer and still feel all the bass - even while using headphones. Take your sim racing experience to the next level of realism with the ButtKicker Gamer2!!

Don't forget about our exclusive ButtKicker discounts!!

SNAILBKSK (for the ButtKicker Simulation Kit)
SNAILBKGR2 (for the ButtKicker Gamer2)
SNAILSHIPPING (for free shipping)

Last edited:
image.jpg

Tonight....right now...much fun....see ya.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...acing-where-the-excitement-never-ends.317740/

I haven't done a connection test, just can say I personally haven't suffered from any lag. Although it was just pointed out to me that I was lagging a little to another player in the room, nothing terrible though.

I believe RachingChamp, our host, runs a fixed room, so perhaps that helps? And I have ethernet cables, the issue is more about placement of my router/modem, it's upstairs so my desktop computer can be wired, my ps3 is downstairs and getting a wired connection all the way down a story and on the other side of the house would be difficult. I may just move the router though, since I hardly game on my desktop anymore.

I do run it as a fixed room because we had more problems seeing each other when i originally ran the room as unfixed host plus i am on Charter Cable Internet through a wireless router and don't face disconnection issues. My connection is a NAT Type 2 connection.

D3 data has been entered to the Results Doc for 11/9/14

Pole Lap Honors:
Round 1 (205 Turbo 16 @ Grand Valley East): @JLBowler 1:16.620
Round 2 (R390 GT1 Road Car @ Monza): @SGETI 1:57.108
Round 3 (V12 Vantage @ Red Bull Ring): @kadrek 1:37.803

Fast Lap Honors:
Round 1 Race 1 : @kadrek 1:16.936
Round 1 Race 2 : @kadrek 1:16.944

Round 2 Race 1 : @JLBowler 1:57.188
Round 2 Race 2 : @kadrek 1:57.178

Round 3 Race 1 : @kadrek 1:37.620
Round 3 Race 2 : @kadrek 1:37.751

Total Times/Wins:
Round 1 Race 1 : @kadrek 10:27.197
Round 1 Race 2 : @sprintr64 10:35.344

Round 2 Race 1 : @SGETI 9:56.566
Round 2 Race 2 : @kadrek 9:56.861

Round 3 Race 1 : @kadrek 11:34.532
Round 3 Race 2 : @JLBowler 11:41.608

We had another efficient night in D3. We finished on time, again, without any disconnect or lag issues. Tensions ran high at times, but it was overall a very fun night of close racing. Once again we had almost every racer finish on the podium at least once, which was great! We had only 4 points separating 1st through 3rd place for the night. @kadrek was particularly dominant with 1x pole, 5x fast laps, and 3x wins. @intoflatlines managed to finish only 1 point behind @kadrek in 2nd place despite having no poles, no fast laps, and not winning a race all night, which once again (it's getting old, I know) goes to show how important consistency is. It's true! :)

Thanks for the fun night of racing, D3!

Congrats to @kadrek for the unofficial win!

Thanks to @nmcp1 for the nice layout!

Can someone tell me why some of the pictures show in thumbnail view, while the later ones show as smaller .jpg pictures?

I clicked on thumbnail for all. I have learned i can pick full version but i thought would take up to much real estate on the page. Even though the pictures do look better in full mode, my humble opinion.

If no one objects i can edit and show full pictures. Any objections?

Last edited:
I get it now. I didn't put everything together the first time. The fact that he can't run wired makes the whole discussion moot. I'm caught up now.

They're only supposed to be running fixed host if they have a robust enough connection and have shown us the test results and have been given the OK to run fixed host. We haven't been enforcing this and there are a couple of hosts running fixed host who have not been given the go ahead to do so. They haven't encountered any problems so we've been letting it slide. I have noticed at the start of race night when I'm checking rooms that these hosts who are running fixed host and haven't been given the OK to do so have rooms that show one or fewer signal bars when viewed in the list of rooms.

I've been running a 'fixed host' room for 7 weeks and have encountered no connection issues or lag. I think this is why:

My opinion is that if you want to host a Snail event like Sunday night, you first have to be hard wired, no question. I definitely run hardwired. The second thing is your Ping must be less than 100ms and have at least a 'B' line quality. I ran these tests right around when I would open up D3. I ran the tests today but are usually about the same everyday of the week at 6:15ish.

@JLBowler I'm curious if you checked D3's signal bars before entering and what you saw.

Sweet pics! Not sure if you are avoiding it in purpose, but some of these would be just 10 times more awesome with the blurring effect of the pan shot.

i am on a learning curve, HOW? any suggestion on where to read would be helpful.

Can someone tell me why some of the pictures show in thumbnail view, while the later ones show as smaller .jpg pictures?

I clicked on thumbnail for all. I have learned i can pick full version but i thought would take up to much real estate on the page. Even though the pictures do look better in full mode, my humble opinion.
Of course they look better in full mode but if you click on one of the thumbnails you can browse/scroll through them all in full view, looks very good.

Getting some blur in your pictures is going to be a combination of changing your shutter speed and the camera pan mode. For shutter speed, the longer it is open (longest is 1/60th sec), the more of a blur you will get. The shorter it is open (slowest in game is 1/8000th sec), the sharper and more still your image will be. Try taking a picture at 1/8000 and then again at 1/60 and you'll see the difference. The pan mode in the camera options will also come into play. One mode makes the camera move with the car differently, so the car will be sharper while the background is blurred, one is the other way around, and I don't know what the third is, lol.

I've been running a 'fixed host' room for 7 weeks and have encountered no connection issues or lag. I think this is why:

My opinion is that if you want to host a Snail event like Sunday night, you first have to be hard wired, no question. I definitely run hardwired. The second thing is your Ping must be less than 100ms and have at least a 'B' line quality. I ran these tests right around when I would open up D3. I ran the tests today but are usually about the same everyday of the week at 6:15ish.

@JLBowler I'm curious if you checked D3's signal bars before entering and what you saw.

I did look. It was four out of five bars showing. At least I think it's four out of five. It was all but one bar however many there are.

The photos came out in full mode that you posted in the D3 conversation.:confused:

I posted them that way on our Div 3 thread. I figured why not enjoy the pictures in full view since everyone in the pictures is also associated with that thread. Should i post them full mode here?

If the boss says yes, who am i to argue

Last edited:
i am on a learning curve, HOW? any suggestion on where to read would be helpful.

experimenting and trail by error is best! You will get surprisingly good shots just by experimenting.

get to the picture menu with the Triangle button, then choose Panning Mode 2 or 3 and use shutter speed of 1/250 or lower I usually do 1/125.

I clicked on thumbnail for all.

im not 100% sure but i think that happens when some pics are still uploading,
when you go to edit your post and hit "more options" you should try to remove the pics in the post itself and then hit "thumbnail for all" again.

Check this thread out,
alot of information about Photomode there:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtp-gt6-photomode-faq-tutorial-depot.287344/

Last edited:
I posted them that way on our Div 3 thread. I figured why not enjoy the pictures in full view since everyone in the pictures is also associated with that thread. Should i post them full mode here?
Yeh, baby. The bigger the better. Photo

experimenting and trail by error is best! You will get surprisingly good shots just by experimenting.

get to the picture menu with the Triangle button, then choose Panning Mode 2 or 3 and use shutter speed of 1/250 or lower I usually do 1/125.

@joe_diben ponted me to a old article that @Wolfsatz posted a while back on how to take some great photos.I learned a lot from it but it helps to experiment a lot too.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/◆-s-n-a-i-l-spec-racing-presented-by-buttkicker-feel-what-youve-been-missing-spots-open.235094/page-1720#post-9460037

Soo .. @Dragonwhisky are we clear to input data ? I have a free hour and could get it done

@McTrucker Those numbers are very similar to mine (my ping is a little lower ~ 70 to Seattle and Northern Maine) , I have zero problems nor do I have anyone complain of lag from me , I am hardwired and in the middle of the country.
Being in the Middle of the country might be helping you. Less distance to travel. My signal had to go from west coast to east. But I am not sure if that is the problem either. Strangely, I have been racing since March and this is the first time I had this problem on a Sunday night. The only change is that I just moved to D6.

D4 Action Pack

@chevron leads the pack on lap 1

but oily patch claims traction and loses 2 positions; BTW Kudos for keeping out of the racing line! :bowdown:

@Grandpa Money makes a swing move around and claims a position

Battle for 4th place was tight with @IceManFan_7 and @djhedges also completing a swing around pass

@Wardenclyffe hoping for a mistake

@IceManFan_7 capitalizes on a slide to take and recover a position.

@gotdirt410sp and @Wardenclyffe battling it out

@the tighest pack battling for 4th

GVE and the Pugeot 205 Turbo is a great combo.

@JJLopez427 with 2 poles last Sunday! Great Speed and leading the pack.

Turn 1 and a beauty shot!

Lap 1 before Ascari

@gotdirt410sp bump drafting @Grandpa Money

Ascari

Ascari II

@gotdirt410sp completing a pass and keeping it tidy

@nascarfan14 A Spy within us

@Wardenclyffe

at Roggia

@JJLopez427 with good pressure to take 1st place

and we both tried to outbrake each other.. I lose 2 positions

at Roggia from 3rd place