◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,788 comments
Are folks down for a somewhat impromptu celebration tonight? I was thinking it might be fun to do a selection of combos from SNAIL and all it's offshoots. For example, we could run:
1 or more "classic" SNAIL Sunday night combos
1 "Concourse Car Club" combo
1 kart combo
1 cat & mouse combo
1 Racecar series inspired combo (40 minutes is likely too long for this kind of sampler platter)
Other combos from series and offshoots I forget or never knew existed

Thoughts?

Also, congrats to you and Major's parents; 61 years is quite an accomplishment!
Bump?

ETA: success! I was hoping for a TOPP to get this more visibility.
I'd be interested as I'm off the rest of the day and will be on GT6 later.
I'll be on a bit later this evening and will open a SNAILiversary lobby in the club lounge section. Let's use the road car version of the Ferrari 250 GTO for the Concourse Club combo.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? I was thinking shifter karts at Bathurst and don't really know what else ought to be run. I'm less than a year old, SNAIL-wise, so while I could pick a "SNAIL Classic" combo I suspect there are plenty of others that have more memories to draw upon.

Looking forward to racing folks tonight!

Last edited:
. Hey paddy, this is rambo and I didn't mean anything by that remark I was just saying I had a hell of a time trying to get by you. I wasn't mad at you or anything and I didn't want you to leave either. I don't have a problem with you at all so don't worry about it. My apologies.
No problem Scott...I didn't think you said it to be rude... But it did make me want to take a closer look at my race craft!!!
I didn't leave because of that either. I had to work early next day and I need my beauty sleep.

Everything's good...:cheers:

I'm interested in C&M, but I have to see what time you're going to run it. Managing wife time... :cheers:

Could be open to some gravel/snow shenanigans as well, mebbe even some of the new combos. Need to kick son off of his game in a bit if I'm gonna get anything done.

I used to read the thread with interest ............ now it's like flipping thru a newspaper/magazine trying to find something of interest, or informative.
Seldom, if ever, read the Gossip pages - or the Editorials - or the Fashion Guru's thoughts.
History interests me, sometimes - but only when written with respect for predecessor's risks and accomplishments.
Used to read the comics - but .......... same old jokes/situations.
Hate the Obituaries ... cause I'm getting closer to a self-entry (and avoid even the thought).
Now the Sports page is attractive - as long as it's not tooooo technical or "did you hear about" stuff.

Wish I could find a Sim Racing page ........... that would be refreshing. ;)

"Absolutely no discussing combos that have yet to be actually raced on a Sunday night"

YES... YES... No talking about..... SNAIL!!!

Parker, the vast majority of snailers get along pretty well despite the fact that we don't always agree with each other.
Banning themes that may cause controversy in a community of over 100 people sounds like utopia, candy dreams in la-la-land and the only thing you will get out of that is people simply lose interest in belong in this community and disappear.
The only way to improve Snail is look at it from several perspectives and blend it all into one fine final product. Some people don't understand this and think that the only way to keep the dream alive is "follow the herd" in silence, like faithfully yes men as we call it in Europe.
I'm not a controversial person that brings up different points of view just to start a fight or to bitch like some "yes men" say.
This is the way I fight for a better snail because above all I love Snail and the best feeling I get out of this is the huge amount of support and respect I get from other Snails through their mics and texting at the rooms or private messages.

Last edited:
I don't even particpate on Sundays anymore so maybe none of my business,...but what in the hell is going on in here?!

SNAIL as a whole needs to be friendly and free from tension in order to remain a welcoming place for the current and to be racers.

Seems like this place needs a new posting rule..

"Absolutely no discussing combos that have yet to be actually raced on a Sunday night"

:P Tis the season guys, be nice! Very disappointing last couple of pages

Unfortunately it's the internet. When there is no face to face interaction a lot of social standards of behavior get thrown out. When I first started SNAIL it was more relaxed, but still competitive and fun on Sundays. But SNAIL has blown up since then and deservedly so. A lot of people are much more invested in it than before and it sometimes shows in their emotions.

I just wish the West Coast Division was still a thing......

YES... YES... No talking about..... SNAIL!!!

Parker, the vast majority of snailers get along pretty well despite the fact that we don't always agree with each other.
Banning themes that may cause controversy in a community of over 100 people sounds like utopia, candy dreams in la-la-land and the only thing you will get out of that is people simply lose interest in belong in this community and disappear.
The only way to improve Snail is look at it from several perspectives and blend it all into one fine final product. Some people don't understand this and think that the only way to keep the dream alive is "follow the herd" in silence, like faithfully yes men as we call it in Europe.
I'm not a controversial person that brings up different points of view just to start a fight or to bitch like some "yes men" say.
This is the way I fight for a better snail because above all I love Snail and the best feeling I get out of this is the huge amount of support and respect I get from other Snails through their mics and texting at the rooms or private messages.
I didn't meant literally :P was just surprised by some of the comments I read as I scanned through the pages.

Sorry guys. I'm down to do some C&M, but it will be around 10ish. My daughter is part of a JR First Lego robots team. Tonight is the fair we are "competing" at. It ends at 8, but it's and hour and a half drive for me.

I cannot really imagine that extreme incorporated censorship to that magnitude would be any healthier than a random spat over a hotly contested issue. It'll all be over by Monday and hopefully everybody who's read any of the recent pages will have learned something such that they may reflect and move forward as even more valuable members than they already are.

So if this game came back i would drop GT........
Enthusia_Professional_Racing_Coverart.png

I played this game for hours. Couldn't imagine it with a wheel.

@Rallywagon - are you down for the SNAILiversary lounge and if not how should Cat & Mouse go? I recall doing C&M the very first time I went online in GT6 in a room you hosted; @DriftinAssassin and @Chiochan were also there and it was awesome.

@Rallywagon correct me if I am wrong... but

you set up teams of 2 or 3... the Cat with a fast car and the Mouse with a much lower car. The teams can be run with the exact same cars (snail way) or by PP and anyone chooses what they run within some limits.

There can also be a 'Joker' that can help or harm anyone.

Good Mouse cars - Any of the Fiats, or with less than 160 hp.
Good Car cars - Anything over 500pp

The Nordschleiffe is a really good cat and mouse track.

Mr. Google says:

If you have not played a Cat & Mouse race before, lemme just explain the simple rules:

Rules:

• Pick a partner (each team consists of 2 players)
  • Each team should have one player representing the teams "mouse" and the other player can be the teams "cat".
  • The players representing the "cat" car can do whatever means necessary to either slow down other teams or speed up their partner.
  • Winning team from each race becomes a team of wildcars for the next track. Choosing whatever car they desire.
  • WildCars sole purpose will be to frustrate whatever mouse is in 1st place.
  • The team who get their "mouse" to cross the finish line first is the winner.

One last note:

The work that has been done lately with prize winners to ensure fun competitive combos has been absolutely amazing and nothing makes me happier than that.
A small group of people is helping this winners to find the best combinations possible and most important, to think outside themselves in order to produce racing events appreciated by the large majority.
Let's do our best to keep it this way.

Unfortunately it's the internet. When there is no face to face interaction a lot of social standards of behavior get thrown out. When I first started SNAIL it was more relaxed, but still competitive and fun on Sundays. But SNAIL has blown up since then and deservedly so. A lot of people are much more invested in it than before and it sometimes shows in their emotions.

I just wish the West Coast Division was still a thing......
I know this guy named @jobyone who is working on a west coast thingy :)

Lego League (Jr/etc) is a good team-build for kids, as long as the 'coaches' only coach, and let the builders build... or try to build...

Lego League (Jr/etc) is a good team-build for kids, as long as the 'coaches' only coach, and let the builders build... or try to build...
Yeah, you can tell when the kids build them, and when the "kids" build them.

@Rallywagon correct me if I am wrong... but

you set up teams of 2 or 3... the Cat with a fast car and the Mouse with a much lower car. The teams can be run with the exact same cars (snail way) or by PP and anyone chooses what they run within some limits.

There can also be a 'Joker' that can help or harm anyone.

Good Mouse cars - Any of the Fiats, or with less than 160 hp.
Good Car cars - Anything over 500pp

The Nordschleiffe is a really good cat and mouse track.

Mr. Google says:

That's about the sum of it. I suggest teams of 3 over 2 if possible. More on a team rather than more teams seemed to be more fun.
What time are the festivities starting?

I'm interested in C&M, but I have to see what time you're going to run it. Managing wife time... :cheers:

Could be open to some gravel/snow shenanigans as well, mebbe even some of the new combos. Need to kick son off of his game in a bit if I'm gonna get anything done.

I possibly could make C&M but just dependent on when it is.

Anything going on tonight?

That's about the sum of it. I suggest teams of 3 over 2 if possible. More on a team rather than more teams seemed to be more fun.
What time are the festivities starting?
I'll be online some time after 7:45 EDT (30 minutes or so from when this is posted) and will stay online for several hours, so Rally should join when he gets back and everyone else should join whenever convenient.

The "SNAILiversary" lobby is open in the Club Lobby section.

The shifter kart; everything else is on the table.

Ok. I am at a Christmas party for church so I might be awhile but I should be there
I closed the lobby after 90 minutes without anyone else joining. Actually that's not 100% accurate; somebody did join when I was refreshing my beverage about 10 minutes ago but had already left by the time I returned. Maybe next year . . .

Back