◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,686 comments
15% of snails survive digestion by birds and are found alive in their droppings.

610b2bb1-0804-4099-8288-0ced86cef236.jpg

via wikipedia / Jurgen Schoner

Great shots! Your comments about $hells is correct; In order to earn them, you have to post something here on the public thread. That's the only way we can track things, so unfortunately things posted in the divisional conversations don't count. But why not just post last week's pics here now so that you can earn $hells for your efforts? Better late than never! :)
Will do so tonight when i come back from work! Thz Zero!

I tried at 1am and it still will not let me in, weight still incorrect.

Ok. If someone could test a little later today on that SLK TT and let us know if it's still not letting the car in. If it isn't I'll probably have to delete the current TT and recreate it with the correct settings. What is the weight restriction set to now? I set it 1325 last night and then reset the time trial for the saved settings.

Edit; Just rebuilt the SLK TT event from the website. Somebody please test it out and let me know if it's set up correctly now.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Any suggestions as to car to enter the 4WD Non-Race Car and Tuner Car Super Lap ....... 600pp.

Just wondering how many Nascar drivers competed in Indy and did good, verses how many open wheel drivers that were able to do the same. I believe the Nascar drivers fared better than the cart drivers.

Oval track racing at all levels is JUST DIFFERENT. It required different motor skills and attitudes. Road racing is a natural development of street driving and Oval Racing Skills necessary for competition are not developed there. They need to be developed on ovals. By and large Oval racers have the skills to drive sports cars because of their mind set and because they drive cars every day. Road Racers...even VERY GOOD ones have a hell of a time trying to aquire 5 to 10 years of oval skills overnight. Scott Speed and JPM and Danica come to mind. They all went there for the money.

Case in point JPM is likely to win the Indy series this year instead of being a mid packer in NASCAR. His passing maneuvers have to be seen to be believed. :eek:

IMHO

Am surprised that they haven't corrected that difficulty. With "Racing" on the upswing, you would think the investment would increase racing entries and additional events.

Race tracks aquire character over the years and as such IMHO they should not be screwed with. Yes modern cars exceed many old tracks capabilities but then you just tailor the entries to the track. You could smooth out Sebring or straighten out the 'Ring.. But why...then they would not be as challenging. They no longer race FAST cars at the ring.....even semi fast GT3s stress its capabilities...

We go to these tracks because they are what they are....and you can compare a lap by Jimmy Clark and Stirling Moss to your modern favorites. Also new fast safe tracks lack EVERYTHING..except being fast and safe.

Sorry...I hate modern racing....it is so ......DULL.
Any suggestions as to car to enter the 4WD Non-Race Car and Tuner Car Super Lap ....... 600pp.

Skylines,GTRs

Race tracks aquire character over the years and as such IMHO they should not be screwed with. Yes modern cars exceed many old tracks capabilities but then you just tailor the entries to the track. You could smooth out Sebring or straighten out the 'Ring.. But why...then they would not be as challenging. They no longer race FAST cars at the ring.....even semi fast GT3s stress its capabilities...

We go to these tracks because they are what they are....and you can compare a lap by Jimmy Clark and Stirling Moss to your modern favorites. Also new fast safe tracks lack EVERYTHING..except being fast and safe.

Sorry...I hate modern racing....it is so ......DULL.

Hear, hear. I have this argument with new F1 fans all the time. People that think Bahrain, China, Sochi are great tracks and can't understand the fuss about Monza, Hockenheim, French GP, etc.
I grow tired of explaining, but I miss Imola, Paul Ricard, Hermanos Rodriguez (before the butchery to be inaugurated this year), Ostereichring (also before Tilke), my home track here in Rio (unfortunately destroyed for the 🤬 Olympics), old Fuji, the list in endless.
I know things don't ever go back to where they were and most of these changes had to do with driver safety, but I also believe there is a balance that was long ago lost.
But, such is the plight of those that live to see the future...

On a lighter note, it's Friday!!!!

a buddy of SNAIL attendant sent the following statement, any suggestions welcome:

i have not been able to race since i plugged into the internet. every time i turn on the console and start the game, it goes into an update/install/ installation failed loop, over&over&over......., ever heard of that? don't know what to do. this is my first playstation and don't know its idiosyncrasies yet

thx for input and cheers guys :cheers:

Last edited:
If in doubt, look at the online ranking leader board and see what car the fastest guys in the world is using - usually the
Tommykaira ZZII '00 is up there, but I haven't had look at it yet.

Back