◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,696 comments
Nürburgring GP_F_27.jpg

the above is just me trying to figure out the spoiler button. Thanks for your patience and understanding. No need to bring out the fish.

@Gouletzky it is rather easy, go to the reply box, with the icons located on the top in the reply section (B I ...... ) click on, Insert, the fourth from the right. then spoiler, then add your pictures. If anyone knows of a better method please share.

Last edited:
Today is World Penguin Day!

Most of these flightless birds live in the Southern Hemisphere. The famed tuxedo-like colouring is a form of camouflage while they swim: from above, the black blends in with dark ocean water, and from below, it appears as if the sun is reflecting off the surface of the water.

11128704_1093464767341200_401954885664448434_n.jpg

Before that official rules clarification is made, I'd like to take the opportunity to suggest a few improvements we can make to improve SNAIL in every regard. They are as follows:

1) Make a spec color for every individual car to be painted. All competitors must run this defined spec color, which will be different for every individual car. This will make things easier in case someone forgets the name of a car at some point. They can just say "the neon green one" or whatever color it is and we'll then easily identify the car they are talking about. Also this will make it harder to identify individual drivers while racing and thus make disagreements about driving etiquette harder to have.

2) Decisions for weekly prize selections must be made between exactly 2:27 and 2:31 AM GMT every Tuesday. If anyone submits a decision later, it will be rejected. We will then go to a default selection of cars and tracks based on an alphabetical order. Any submissions made before 2:27 will be rejected and the prize winner may not be able select the same thing again. This is to standardize the process and make things run more smoothly.

3) Instead of reverse grid races, we should run "reverse races." Drivers are only allowed to use reverse gear during these races. Anyone found to be using a forward gear at any point during these races will be disqualified. This is to enhance the adaptability of all SNAIL drivers. The race starts might be a little hectic, but eventually true driving ability will show through.

4) In order to create a greater sense of community, comaraderie, and equality among all SNAILs, you must address all SNAIL members as "bro" when speaking to them. When speaking about fellow SNAILs in the 2nd person, you must use the prefix "bro" before saying their name. Examples include:
"The other night bro-msgt finished in ......."
"Bro-connorwolf took a different line at ......."

5) At least one race combo per month will be designated as a "lawnmower race." Track boundaries will not be enforced in these races. This is to further develop driver adaptability by exposing drivers to different surfaces during the same race, and to help drivers better understand racing lines by completely opening up the entire track map for exploration. An added benefit is that SNAILs will be better equipped to race in open lobbies where the host allows corner cutting.

I think you'll find that implementing these changes will greatly contribute to a more rewarding SNAIL experience. I would be very surprised if at least 4 of these changes are not made immediately.

Before that official rules clarification is made, I'd like to take the opportunity to suggest a few improvements we can make to improve SNAIL in every regard. They are as follows:

1) Make a spec color for every individual car to be painted. All competitors must run this defined spec color, which will be different for every individual car. This will make things easier in case someone forgets the name of a car at some point. They can just say "the neon green one" or whatever color it is and we'll then easily identify the car they are talking about. Also this will make it harder to identify individual drivers while racing and thus make disagreements about driving etiquette harder to have.

2) Decisions for weekly prize selections must be made between exactly 2:27 and 2:31 AM GMT every Tuesday. If anyone submits a decision later, it will be rejected. We will then go to a default selection of cars and tracks based on an alphabetical order. Any submissions made before 2:27 will be rejected and the prize winner may not be able select the same thing again. This is to standardize the process and make things run more smoothly.

3) Instead of reverse grid races, we should run "reverse races." Drivers are only allowed to use reverse gear during these races. Anyone found to be using a forward gear at any point during these races will be disqualified. This is to enhance the adaptability of all SNAIL drivers. The race starts might be a little hectic, but eventually true driving ability will show through.

4) In order to create a greater sense of community, comaraderie, and equality among all SNAILs, you must address all SNAIL members as "bro" when speaking to them. When speaking about fellow SNAILs in the 2nd person, you must use the prefix "bro" before saying their name. Examples include:

5) At least one race combo per month will be designated as a "lawnmower race." Track boundaries will not be enforced in these races. This is to further develop driver adaptability by exposing drivers to different surfaces during the same race, and to help drivers better understand racing lines by completely opening up the entire track map for exploration. An added benefit is that SNAILs will be better equipped to race in open lobbies where the host allows corner cutting.

I think you'll find that implementing these changes will greatly contribute to a more rewarding SNAIL experience. I would be very surprised if at least 4 of these changes are not made immediately.
I'm sorry, and I see you're trying to be funny. But it's just not.

lol and I thought I was an ass!

Management will take these suggestions under consideration. There will need to be numerous groups formed to study the validity of each suggestion. Test races will have to be run. Focus groups will have to be formed and evaluated. I would expect the process to take somewhere between 5 and 7 years for all the studies to be completed and any kind of decision on implementation to take place.

Thank you for your suggestions. I'm now off to coach a basketball tournament that I hope will stretch well into the evening.

Management will take these suggestions under consideration. There will need to be numerous groups formed to study the validity of each suggestion. Test races will have to be run. Focus groups will have to be formed and evaluated. I would expect the process to take somewhere between 5 and 7 years for all the studies to be completed and any kind of decision on implementation to take place.

Thank you for your suggestions. I'm now off to coach a basketball tournament that I hope will stretch well into the evening.

I'm sorry but I just had to laugh.I appreciate the levity that this brought to the situation and if this was just being sarcastic ,,,well it was still FUNNY!I see @JLBowler thought so as well!

I think we need one of those combos to be 'no rules enforced / jungle for all' to improve the drivers abilities to take on dive bombs.

I'm sorry, and I see you're trying to be funny. But it's just not.
I was laughing ! ROTL!
007d513d531915c8874e2bd66000a475.jpg

@redsoxboy80 - amazing!

I would be shocked - shocked! - if at least six of those are not implemented before tomorrow night!

Second that motion!

Just got done watching the interview on sim pit on youtube with andy tudor of pc cars. At the end of the hour long interview he ask him if there where anything else that we don't now about. Then they started talking about wheels and faniteck getting supported and he said there is more things that will be released that people will be really thankful for I think it will Logitech support. and they have Logitech now at the bottom on the home page Logitech g but still lol praying.

THEN I WLL PRE ORDER and the interview was a day ago

That Logitech logo has likely been on their front page for a while. There has been Logitech support for the PC release for a while now. Still no Logitech on their console lists though. There's a link in their FAQ that has a list of the supported wheels, sorted by platform.

This thoughts remind me something I must have read before somewhere :odd:
This User May Use Sarcasm & Cynicism In A Way You Are Not Used To, marvelous @Wolfsatz
images

so lol @redsoxboy80 :-) :) :lol: cool stuff, guess that you've dig out some stuff to occupy the @admins for at least 2 years
👍:cheers::gtpflag:

That Logitech logo has likely been on their front page for a while. There has been Logitech support for the PC release for a while now. Still no Logitech on their console lists though. There's a link in their FAQ that has a list of the supported wheels, sorted by platform.
its just got put on there a week ago I been checking it every day

Logitech support or the logo? I thought someone posted a list of supported wheels a long time ago on this thread. Pretty sure I remembered seeing Logitech for PC.

Latest Posts

Back