◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,772 comments
Hmmm... I need a need PS3 anyway cuz this one is too loud (thermal paste is ruined) and I want more space than 80GB. But I also want a PS4 and Batman: Arkham Knight as soon as it comes out. Ugh...

Hmmm... I need a need PS3 anyway cuz this one is too loud (thermal paste is ruined) and I want more space than 80GB. But I also want a PS4 and Batman: Arkham Knight as soon as it comes out. Ugh...

I found a replacement on Craigslist for 75 bux... Not an awesome unit but it gets me to the track every week!

SNAILTimeTrial.jpg
The new combo Practice Time Trial events are now live.

The Leader Boards can be found here.

All previous TT Leader Boards can be viewed by selecting the appropriate tab at the bottom.

So we only have 3 including me in blue room :(

I was hoping I'd be able to practice tonight, but we had a huge bomb dropped on us at work. Will likely be here until midnight, and working all day Saturday too. Blah.

I doubt I'll be racing at all this month since we're delivering a film at the beginning of June. Probably a good thing GTA isn't happening this year for me then.

Last edited:
Hey guys a little off topic but does anyone have or has anyone played WRC 4 and recommend it? Or is there any other new-ish/old-ish racing games for under $20? I need to mix it up every now and then otherwise I get bored with GT6.

Last edited:
Hey guys a little off topic but does anyone have or has anyone played WRC 4 and recommend it? Or is there any other new-ish/old-ish racing games for under $20? I need to mix it up every now and then otherwise I get bored with GT6.

The NFS franchise has some good titles. Some of the older ones can be found for very very cheap.

The NFS franchise has some good titles. Some of the older ones can be found for very very cheap.

The most recent ones I played was The Run and Undercover for PS2 (don't buy it IMO). Are the newer ones worth playing, i.e. Most Wanted, Shift series, etc.?

GT Legends for under $10. Great game, but I think you have to be a bit of a wiz to make it run on Windows 7 or 8 and you have to get the screen resolution settings right. I had it on a XP machine before and it worked well untill the machine slowed down too much. Tried once to load it on Win 8.1 but it caused a few problems. There are forums that talk about running it in Administrator mode and away you go, but I don't know what that means.

GT Legends for under $10. Great game, but I think you have to be a bit of a wiz to make it run on Windows 7 or 8 and you have to get the screen resolution settings right. I had it on a XP machine before and it worked well untill the machine slowed down too much. Tried once to load it on Win 8.1 but it caused a few problems. There are forums that talk about running it in Administrator mode and away you go, but I don't know what that means.

My old time favorite - Need for Speed - Porsche Unleashed - If you are able to make it run in a newer computer this PC game is a GEM. All Porsche cars from the 356s, 911s, 959, etc. Very very very fun and the driving pretty realistic too.

Also I have NSF Carbon - good arcade racer cannot use wheel though.

21 years ago today, Ayrton Senna left this world. As a way to celebrate and remember, let's post our favorite Senna memory. I know some of you saw him race in person and it would be great to hear your stories. I don't remember any specific race, but my dad loved him and that was enough for me - he was just so fast.

I'm more of a console person considering my computer is terrible but I'll look it up. :)

My old time favorite - Need for Speed - Porsche Unleashed - If you are able to make it run in a newer computer this PC game is a GEM. All Porsche cars from the 356s, 911s, 959, etc. Very very very fun and the driving pretty realistic too.

Also I have NSF Carbon - good arcade racer cannot use wheel though.

Porsche Unleashed was fun and Carbon was fun. The Underground series will always be my favorite though.

21 years ago today, Ayrton Senna left this world. As a way to celebrate and remember, let's post our favorite Senna memory. I know some of you saw him race in person and it would be great to hear your stories. I don't remember any specific race, but my dad loved him and that was enough for me - he was just so fast.

I had the privilege to see him only once. Wife and I went to the 1986 Montreal GP and were standing right at the fence just before turn 2. This was the last year of everyone running turbo's, the 1000 hp V6's were so crazy sounding. McLaren and Williams dominated the race but Senna was next in the Lotus. It was amazing to watch every car go through that turn but Senna stood out, each time he went by I thought to myself, he's never going to make that corner this time, truly awesome car control! Wish I could go back in time to see that again. I've been back to Montreal a few times since then but that weekend still stands out as the best.

The Master of F1 Driftin'
Ayrton Senna holds a huge slide in his Lotus, Hungarian Grand Prix, Hungaroring, August 10, 1986

5789.jpg

76 years ago today, Batman entered the world in Detective Comics #27. Because Batman. Long live Senna and Batman.

Also, I saw a gold chrome M4 today on my way to Home Depot. Holy crap that was insane. It was coming at me and going into a turning lane. From the front it just looked like burnt orange or something but when I looked in my rear view at the back I could see the Sun shining on that glorious gold chrome rear end. That's a hot ass.

Nice dude. I wish the youtube channels would put the races up sooner. I still have to watch GT1 and GT3 from Zolder and Pirelli World Challenge from wherever they were last round.

HI' guys a little off topic but does anyone have or has anyone played WRC 4 and recommend it? Or is there any other new-ish/old-ish racing games for under $20? I need to mix it up every now and then otherwise I get bored with GT6.
Grid Autosports.
Really great AI, some tracks I wish were in gt6 and some great cars. I don't know how much it costs now, but it's probably pretty inexpensive used at game stop. The cars handle more like real life IMHO and the livery choices are numerous. Tuning options exist but are not as extensive as in gt6 but hey, we're SNAILs, who needs tuning? the car sounds are pretty darn good and the damage can be anything from a dent, to a blown out tire, to your freakin' car just exploded! No pit stops though, so you run the race on the rim after you have a blowout. Makes it interesting! I like it a lot. Online racing is online racing. Idiots abound, and remember, no pits!

Back