banners by @Falango

20150503r1-jpg.358073

photo by @ConnorWolf

20150503r2-jpg.358075

photo by @Wolfsatz

20150503r3-jpg.358074

photo by @Rednose58

Last edited:
They putting times down almost as fast as the F1 cars what the announcers where saying

That's extremely impressive. Granted those are LMPs so I'm about to compare apples to oranges, but when I went to COTA in 2012 the GTs were 30 seconds slower than the F1s. That's OVER 30% MORE time!

The announcers called it comparing apples to tennis rackets, lol. The current LMP1 Hybrids have over 1000HP and probably more downforce than an F1 car. Insane figures.

Grid Autosports.
Really great AI, some tracks I wish were in gt6 and some great cars. I don't know how much it costs now, but it's probably pretty inexpensive used at game stop. The cars handle more like real life IMHO and the livery choices are numerous. Tuning options exist but are not as extensive as in gt6 but hey, we're SNAILs, who needs tuning? the car sounds are pretty darn good and the damage can be anything from a dent, to a blown out tire, to your freakin' car just exploded! No pit stops though, so you run the race on the rim after you have a blowout. Makes it interesting! I like it a lot. Online racing is online racing. Idiots abound, and remember, no pits!

I already have Grid Autosports and it isn't bad at all. I just dont play it as often as I would like.

I'm tired of reading all these how fast guys using e-break and sliding the car to go fast

It's simple do what you gotta do to get to the top of the leader board!!

If top 10 guys are using it then I'm going to, sure this doesn't work in real life but come on guys this is gran Turismo not the best physics
I'm not restricting it or anything like that, I'm just saying that's his style of technique and how he uses it to his advantage. It's smart since the GTR they give you has understeer he has found a way to eliminate that to continue the race with faster times.

There are a few top tens not using the ebrake which to me then makes the others look like fools. Years past I like to watch immortal, and last I checked he hadn't used the ebrake for his round one TT(...Been over a week, so it could have changed)

Yea I want to see them try and pull that off in real life. It's their technique and it works just not very realistic.

I'm tired of reading all these how fast guys using e-break and sliding the car to go fast

It's simple do what you gotta do to get to the top of the leader board!! I only used the e-break
1 time and I still ran 2:05.115 look at it as using it when your in trouble or miss your apex

If top 10 guys are using it then I'm going to, sure this doesn't work in real life but come on guys this is gran Turismo not the best physics

Last edited:
There's a guy with the name Let_Canada_In LOL. I'm surprised, the fastest North American driver is ranked at 33. I was expecting more people higher up that live in the North American region.

There's a guy with the name Let_Canada_In LOL. I'm surprised, the fastest North American driver is ranked at 33. I was expecting more people higher up that live in the North American region.

Let Canada is from Canada if you havnt guessed lol he's silverstone finalist and to be honest with you for the Americans to be in the top50 in the world is pretty much all we got lol there's places like Spain and France and Germany that has super fast aliens

I'm currently ranked 40th in the world with 2:05.115 psn ID gtp_importlife

image.jpg

Last edited:
Let Canada is from Canada if you havnt guessed lol he's silverstone finalist and to be honest with you for the Americans to be in the top50 in the world is pretty much all we got lol there's places like Spain and France and Germany that has super fast aliens

I'm currently ranked 40th in the world with 2:05.115 psn ID gtp_importlife
Yea i saw you up there. Yea Germany and Spain has some fast people. I'm ranked around like the 90,000th region lol. I'm not very fast driver, my lap time was like 2.17.800. Something like that.

Hosting practice right now. Will be up for a few hours, unless someone else decides to continue as host. Room number:
1472 4711 0167 3383 2765

Room status: Closed

Last edited:
Yea i saw you up there. Yea Germany and Spain has some fast people. I'm ranked around like the 90,000th region lol. I'm not very fast driver, my lap time was like 2.17.800. Something like that.

Keep Working at it chipping away little by little also try different things go find out what's the best line break turn in ect

Keep Working at it chipping away little by little also try different things go find out what's the best line break turn in ect
I will work on it but this year doesn't matter since I'm from canada so they won't accept me. I'll just keep practicing until next year if they let canada in hopefully.

I will work on it but this year doesn't matter since I'm from canada so they won't accept me. I'll just keep practicing until next year if they let canada in hopefully.

Yeah it's a bummer they let you guys in last year but not this year just keep at it cause you never know it could could around aging 2016

I know all the D1 guys are busy with round 1, but you're all letting me get all the SNAIL time trial records :P Even Spa where I know theres a ton of time I didn't get!

Give me something to chase, guys.

I know all the D1 guys are busy with round 1, but you're all letting me get all the SNAIL time trial records :P Even Spa where I know theres a ton of time I didn't get!

Lol there all yours I've never done snail time trail :P
If you want I could put in a stint at spa and you might not be able to catch me :P jk

So what is the purpose of doing the time trials? Besides practice what is the benefit?

So what is the purpose of doing the time trials? Besides practice what is the benefit?
What the purpose of any time trial? To post your best time and try to be the fastest. :)

I figure most people who like racing are competitive like me and enjoy that, but there's not very many in D1 or D2 competing right now so I figured I'd stoke the fire, as they say.

Last edited:
What the purpose of any time trial? To post you best time and try to be the fastest. :)

I figure most people who like racing are competitive like me and enjoy that, but there's not very many in D1 or D2 competing right now so I figured I'd stoke the fire, as they say.

I love doing gt academy time trails only cause it brings out all he heavy hitters :)

Banners! Again, wish I had time to race. Work has been insane busy. If there are any errors, forgive me. Sleep deprivation is the devil.

@zer05ive

Photo credit to @ConnorWolf
View attachment 358073

Photo credit to @Wolfsatz
View attachment 358075

Photo credit to @Rednose58
View attachment 358074
Sorry I missed this post this morning! Was rushing to go set up my little girl's birthday party and wasn't able to get caught up on the thread until now. The TOPP and the lineup post has been updated! :gtpflag:

Well, I bit the dust and bought Projects Cars for my PC. I'm really expecting good things, I hope I am not dissapointed. I know there are other guys on here going this route. It would be nice to have a Snail league, or something similar to continue the tradition of clean online racing.

Just out of couriosity, how many snails are stepping up to PC on the PC?

Well, I bit the dust and bought Projects Cars for my PC. I'm really expecting good things, I hope I am not dissapointed. I know there are other guys on here going this route. It would be nice to have a Snail league, or something similar to continue the tradition of clean online racing.

Just out of couriosity, how many snails are stepping up to PC on the PC?
I hope everyone isn't getting Project CARS on the PC because we're planning some SNAIL events with the PS4 version. We have to wait and see whether Logitech will be supported at launch, but details will be coming soon. :sly:

Last edited:
Back