◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,772 comments
Hey guys I had a weird random idea... have any of you ever experienced where, if you set your AM radio to a certain frequency, you can hear your engine's RPM over the radio?

It would be interesting if a driver could wear in-ear monitors that block out a lot of the noise but have that sound as playback... and I wonder if you could use it to hear cars approaching behind you if the signal was strong enough xD

Or... Add a project cars race to your weekly routine where the sounds are 100x better. :P

proxy.jpg

Due to racer turn out for official practice nights over the last few weeks we are going to try something a little different. We will run two rooms , RED divisions 5-7 , BLUE divisions 1-3. Division 4 has the choice to race either room. if they want a challenge go BLUE , if you'd rather be more relaxed or help slower drivers go RED.
For everyone practicing , get to the room as soon as possible. If we see the two rooms are full around start time we can open a third room and level it with some BLUE and red racers.

Special note , if you are a d4 racer in the red room or d1 in the blue room be aware that there are significantly slower cars on the track with you. It is your responsibility to be a good sportsman and give them space. There is plenty of time to get to the front in a race, especially with slower cars around. Take your time, it's practice

Last edited:
hahaha @singlepaddy this is so refreshing loool, thank you so much for enriching the thread with your CAR-TOON workout, awesome dude, well done and soo looking forward to the next races, :)
images

:cheers:

I just figured out what you were referencing with hamburger guy..." Single Pattie" I get it now, very funny.... I may have to steal that for my next avatar.

I'd also like to thank everyone for the kind words... I'm glad you all liked the cartoons.
You know chances are that I may never meet any you guys but I'd like to think that many of you are friends of mine anyway... And when I hang around with my friends I like to have fun!!! So that's why I like doing stuff like this...:cheers:

View attachment 388511

... It is your responsibility to be a good sportsman and give them space. There is plenty of time to get to the front in a race, especially with slower cars around. Take your time, it's practice

I'm glad you brought this up Userid. Last Thursday I witnessed a higher division racer brushing his way towards the front of the field to battle his pals but to get there he had to push me off track.
When confronted with my call regarding his terrible move, this person was not only unable to at least apologize but decided to runt back with some inappropriate remarks about my positioning and a totally distorted version of what just had happened.
What happened in the following races is not even worthy to post here but my question is, is there any procedure we should follow to expose inappropriate behavior by any driver in the practice sessions?

Hey guys I had a weird random idea... have any of you ever experienced where, if you set your AM radio to a certain frequency, you can hear your engine's RPM over the radio?

It would be interesting if a driver could wear in-ear monitors that block out a lot of the noise but have that sound as playback... and I wonder if you could use it to hear cars approaching behind you if the signal was strong enough xD

I think this is due to electrical connections related to either the fuel system or rpm indicator that get feedback? I don't think it would work for a car that the speakers/audio eauipment are connected to, but a very cool idea :D

My humble opinion on this matter regarding practice nights is that the host holds responsibility in ensuring that every one in the room understands the sub rules of their room. That is why with the Orange Lounge nights [mid week jam/ Friday jam/ Saturday night jam] which are open to all divisions , I make sure every driver knows what is expected of them and I tend to watch for responses from drivers to acknowledge that they understood the rules and boundaries of conduct. If they do not agree with this then I hold no qualms against them but expect them to leave the room or be booted if they refuse to do either. ie leave or follow rules.

I understand this can be difficult for some of the faster and more competitive drivers having to slow down for back benchers to catch up or having to sit and wait while issues such as room settings are corrected in cases of errors or just waiting for a fellow snail to sort out a personal/family/domestic matter out or just plain old wanting to have a drink or a smoke or a break.

Let's not forget that many of us aspire to be the greatest driver on the planet, that taken away from us due to circumstance means we just want to do what we love and love doing it . As for me on a good night with the mangos I enjoy the pack racing a lot more than speeding off and leaving every one behind when I can. We go as far as even reversing the grid half way through for slower guys to actually practice good racecraft while defending their positions and for faster guys to practice good over taking and situational awarenesS when following slower cars.
Most times an incident occurs and the instigator usually gives the position back to try and execute a better pass because he knows no matter what he will catch up to the leaders who he can push himself against when the yellow flag is called.

So in a metaphorical [as I think I have written enough here to put @pubason to sleep] nut shell 'You can't force a person to respect you can refuse to be disrespected''

I think this is due to electrical connections related to either the fuel system or rpm indicator that get feedback? I don't think it would work for a car that the speakers/audio eauipment are connected to, but a very cool idea :D
All I know is it works on cars with carburetion as well as EFI, so I thought it might have something to do with electromagnetic interference from the rotation of all the stuff on the engine or the engine itself (like the alternator if it has one), that the radio picked up through the air close range. But I really have no idea lol.

G29 coming in July, looks like I'll invest in that.

This irritates me no end. Might as well just jump ship and go with a T500 and all the assorted stuff that goes with it. Either that or my retirement from online gaming/racing looms ever closer. Why no shifter for the PS G29? And why no hardware crossover? $400.00? You have got to be kidding me.

As many of you know, I live near Watkins Glen International. There is a contest going on to vote for your favorite NASCAR track and WGI is currently #2 behind Martinsville. If you would like to help the cause, you can vote HERE. Thanks.

As many of you know, I live near Watkins Glen International. There is a contest going on to vote for your favorite NASCAR track and WGI is currently #2 behind Martinsville. If you would like to help the cause, you can vote HERE. Thanks.

Cool. I'm planning to attend the cup race in August too!

I will be at the Glen next Friday through Sunday if want to come by.

Running as #121 - Green group - I have a garage spot if we are not on the track.

Back