◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,696 comments
To all my friends over the pond I wish you have a Great Independance Day !! A memorable day which needs to be celebrated !!

Declaration_OldType72.jpg

:cheers:

Promotion and relegation for the upcoming season will be done tomorrow morning. There are four new or returning drivers going though the registration process and I would just assume only have to do the work one time so I'm waiting until the deadline to submit a time trial has passed for the week.

romotion and relegation for the upcoming season will be done tomorrow morning
EST time? Guess there will be some duties to be discussed as it seems that divisions will be consolidated refering to your last statement Sir
cheers from Vienna :cheers:

EST time? Guess there will be some duties to be discussed as it seems that divisions will be consolidated refering to your last statement Sir
cheers from Vienna :cheers:

Nope. Morning by my time zone which is pacific time. Yes. All divisions will have to get their poop in a pile rather quickly but it's still better than getting everything assigned and then having those drivers moved again at the last minute.

Happy 4th

I just got home to my brand new Turtle Beach PX22 Headphones. I'm looking at the setup configuration for HDMI. So even though I use an HDMI cable for video and an optical cable for audio, I should find my RCA cable and plug that into the headphones, yes?

Edit: I can't find it. I'm pretty sure I threw it out when cleaning one year, thinking I'll never need it. And a bird just flew into my window and make a loud thud hahaha

Edit again: Can I buy that cable by itself?

Last edited:
I said I probably threw it out when I thought I didn't need it for anything. I just ordered one and it has 2 day Prime shipping so I'll get it Monday

My 1st win in d3. Sorry for the poor execution of the video. No joke, I just figured out how to check my own email this year............... Ok I tried to upload video like I do my pic's and nothing. Any advice?

Last edited:
My 1st win in d3. Sorry for the poor execution of the video. No joke, I just figured out how to check my own email this year............... Ok I tried to upload video like I do my pic's and nothing. Any advice?
Hi, I worked out my pics with the Movie Maker , transformed the file from .wlmp to .mp4 and posted it on youtube...
cheers

Happy 4th

I just got home to my brand new Turtle Beach PX22 Headphones. I'm looking at the setup configuration for HDMI. So even though I use an HDMI cable for video and an optical cable for audio, I should find my RCA cable and plug that into the headphones, yes?

Edit: I can't find it. I'm pretty sure I threw it out when cleaning one year, thinking I'll never need it. And a bird just flew into my window and make a loud thud hahaha

Edit again: Can I buy that cable by itself?
Looks like the cable on the amp breaks out to a USB and headphone jack. The USB goes to the PS3, it will only do voice and feed in for the mic. The USB will do nothing else on the PS3. You may get sound out of it on a PC though. Not sure with your model. The headphone jack then plugs into the mini jack plug to RCA plug cable that came with the headset, that then plugs into the corresponding audio out RCA jacks on the back of the TV. More than likely you will have to turn on the external speak option in the TV's audio menu.

Last edited:
How do you have the stereo connected? The signal path, if you are using HDMI, will be from the PS3, to the TV, or to the receiver, and then out to one or the other, depending on which device the HDMI cable goes too. Basically, this is going to replace that stereo. If you have a headphone jack on the stereo, this can be plugged right into that.

He's using his optical cable for audio and his PS3 is configured such that the audio output is strictly that path, essentially limiting the HDMI cable to video only. @DesertPenguin09, you should get yourself an appropriate cable to output the stereo sound to your headphones. Does your stereo (is it a stereo receiver?) have a headphone jack?

A few actually. The first one was a rain slick downhill onramp like you dealt with. That was the first time I ever had to countersteer to regain the nose of a real car. That was my '03 Si. The second also an onramp but a much longer turn with banking. That one was the most "fun" as the car couldn't decide if it wanted to be tight or loose. It started to push, I'd counter, the nose would regain and the rear wanted to come about. It did that like twice from what I recall. That was my current '05 Si FHP (Factory Honda Performance kit). The final (and reason I grew up and don't push it on the street anymore). It wasn't because of what happened, but would could have happened. There's a bit of a kink on a local road with a railroad crossing. It's fun, but blind. Everything was smooth until the crest (this is the second portion of the kink, left turn) The rear of the car lost traction and I found myself heading across the lane. I distinctly remember my thought process and actions... Countersteering, *still pushing, too much counter, if it graps I'll be in the other ditch, must straighten wheel slightly", Corrected correction. Front end regained and I drove away. The next morning on my way to work (driving the opposite direction) I saw the skid mark my left front put on the white line to the outside of my current lane. That was enough for me.

Thank goodness for GT. That was all before any online competitive sim racing. Even before REALLY learning how to be faster I'd already unintentionally learned the basics of car control. My kids will not drive without car control classes.

That's a great story. It is amazing how it transfers so well.

I have another story with a crash but still decent end result. I was driving with a trailor full of wood using a truck. Had my wife and kid in and I hit some black ice going 55. It started to fish tail and I just couldn't keep it cause of the trailer. My wife screams "oh my god" "oh my god" in on of those this is the end moments. In what felt like slow motion as the truck and trailer we're perpindiculat to the road I calmly turned my head look at her and and said everything's going to be ok babe like I was in a James bond movie. At that moment I honestly thought we were going to flip but u have to keep the women calm and stay cool as a cucumber in deadly situations. Seconds later we smashed into a snow bank. Wood went flying but just a few pieces and our back window shattered. Someone pulled us out and I proceeded to drive like a snail the rest of the 1.5 hrs back home. Lol.

I cant remember specifically, though I may give it a test later, but optical is always broadcasting I believe. While it is a selectable option in the audio setup menu in the PS3, only HDMI and Multi-AV are actually controlled by the options. That said, if you are sending your optical out to a receiver, then check your receiver for a headphone jack, also, see if it is putting audio out of an audio out RCA jack.
Actually, @DesertPenguin09 best bet is this. in the PS3 audio menu, you have the ability to have the audio sent out all channels. Not sure the specific name, but common sense should get you the right one. That will put audio out HDMI, optical and multi-AV. Keep your headphones hooked up to the TV audio out RCA jacks, and set up the TVs audio to external speaker. and keep the receiver hooked up as is using the optical. Then, when you wanna use the headphones, you can turn off the reciever and put them on.

@Lessen from everything I could find online, it looks like the headset comes with everything needed to hook up to RCA and mini jack. Following those last directions, he should be good to use the TV's RCAs.

Yeah my turtle beach headphones came with all the stuff too but I think he's missing it. I would imagine he could find the RCA split to minijack line other than the turtle Beach brand

He's using his optical cable for audio and his PS3 is configured such that the audio output is strictly that path, essentially limiting the HDMI cable to video only. @DesertPenguin09, you should get yourself an appropriate cable to output the stereo sound to your headphones. Does your stereo (is it a stereo receiver?) have a headphone jack?

Right now I'm using a headphone cable to plug from headphone Jack of stereo to aux input on headset, as if I was plugging in external music to play with the game. But I can't adjust game audio from the headset remote. Good enough for tonight. I'm getting the PS3 again cable tomorrow and then I'll do it proper.

What I'm not sure of is the switch on the remote. It changes this light to different colors

Back