◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,782 comments
View media item 2540
This week's prize winners are clear to make their selections. Good racing!

The IR Submission Form is now closed.

We have no incidents on file.

Banner by @GamingPete

We have two repeat prize winners this week.

@JamCar0ne is a repeat winner of prize A. If you raced in D3 this week, you get to make one suggestion for a car / track combo. The car must utilize Racing tires. The deadline to make a suggestion will be 11:59 PM ET on Tuesday night. Once that deadline has passed, @JamCar0ne is clear to make his choice from those suggestions.

@Chiochansan @CANOWORMS1 @ruggermole @Track_King47 @Skills @cesarr64

Once prize A is selected, @Fudman420 will be clear to make his choice for Prize B and drivers that raced in D1 will be able to make a suggestion for Prize C from which @Timlour will make his choice.
Ferrari 458 Italia '09 RM at Autódromo De Interlagos Preset Weather S03 Dry, Cloudy and Pleasant. Dawn.

Last edited:
@JamCar0ne We are waiting on you to make your selection. Nothing else can move forward until you choose and we still have another suggestion process for one of the other cars to get through.

In the interest of moving things along.

If you raced in D1, please make a car suggestion from which @Timlour will choose.

Since prize A has not been chosen yet, please suggest one car that uses RM and one that uses RH. Once prize A is chosen and we know which tires will be used, @Timlour can choose from those cars. Deadline to make a suggestion will be 11:59 PM ET on Wednesday.

@Nicktune @Rob Brown @Kgffy You are suggesting two cars, one on RH and one on RM.

@Fudman, as soon as @JamCar0ne makes his choice, you're up to choose a car that will run on the same tires as the car he chooses.

Last edited:
I have read the first post and would like to join. I was in this league during the gt5 days.
@Turbo91stdcivic

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join SNAIL Racing League:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add zer05ive, JLBowler, nmcp1, Rednose58, MajorBlixem, SAMHAIN85, llNovall & Akzl298
as participants.

The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to SNAIL

Prize A:

Toyota GR Supra Race Car '19
RH
Red Bull Ring Full Course
16:30 Fine Weather

I tested each combo and found the other cars kind of boring on RM tires. The Supra is a race car and comes with RH tires. The other two are street cars which come with SH tires but the list puts them on RM. I ran the Taycan on SS quite a bit for the Cafe menu books and it was a fun, lively car. The RM made the car dull and boring. If you punch the car specs into the tire formula, the results point to RH tires for these cars, not RM. It looks like the current car list puts cars on tires based upon pp rather than the formula. I tend to prefer formula spec tires over pp spec tires.

Edit: was running 1:38.xxx laptimes

Last edited:
If you punch the car specs into the tire formula, the results point to RH tires for these cars, not RM. It looks like the current car list puts cars on tires based upon pp rather than the formula. I tend to prefer formula spec tires over pp spec tires.
That formula was not without it's flaws either.

If you have something that is better than both of them, please do feel free to put someting together and submit it.

We have no suggestions from the drivers of D1. I don't have the time or energy to deal with it tonight so I will deal with it in the morning.

Good Morning GIF by Taco Bell

Since the purpose of giving the members of a division the opportunity to make suggestions for prizes in the event of a repeat prize winner in the same season is to give more members a chance to have input into the prize selection process and the members of D1 chose not to provide any input, the prize selection will be made by @Timlour

@Timlour , you are clear to make your selection of a car that uses RH tires.

It's 8 PM ET and no choice has been made.

Somebody, anybody, pick a number between 3 and 1248. I'll use the first number.

Gran Turismo 7

Sunday, June 19, 2022 Lineup
June 2022 Season - League Night #3

Screenshot_20220616-223551_Sheets.jpg

1. Ferrari 458 Italia Gr.4 on RH Tires @ Red Bull Ring - Afternoon 16:30 Fine Weather - (7 Laps)
2. Toyota GR Supra Race Car '19 on RH Tires @ Red Bull Ring - Afternoon 16:30 Fine Weather - (7 Laps)
3. Subaru BRZ GT300 '21 on RH Tires @ Red Bull Ring - Afternoon 16:30 Fine Weather - (7 Laps)

Last edited:
The drivers list and grid list are updated for tonight's racing. Everyone that submitted a time trial is placed in a division.

Remember that the start of the race should consist of pulling away from the starting grid, lining up single file according to instructions, maintaining 60 mph and then starting the race when the leader reaches the Alphatauri overhanging sign just after turn 1. This means that drivers will need to get lined up very quickly. No passing before this point.

Hosts should open the room no later than 9:15 ET and all drivers should enter as early as possible in an effort to stabilize the room and improve the experience for everyone.

Yeah same...there is a possibility I may or may not make it.

Why is it that on Father’s Day everyone wants to plan stuff for you to do? Everyone should just leave me alone to do what I want…guilt free.

Last edited:
Yeah same...there is a possibility I may or may not make it.

Why is it that on Father’s Day everyone wants to plan stuff for you to do? Everyone should just leave me alone to do what I want…guilt free.
haha yeah; as someone who's birthday weekend falls on Monaco, indy 500, and champions league final almost every year the best birthday gift is a weekend of not going out to dinner

Latest Posts

Back